get printer status and change path of printer

Hello,

Being new to vb dotnet I have the following problem:
I want to manage printjobs by an dotnet application.
For this I use the ActiveDS reference. Using this reference, how can I:
* find the printerstatus (not the job status)
* Change the destination of the printjobs? So change it from:
   \\domain\server\printer1    to
   \\domain\server\printer2

Any help would be appreciated

Regards, Jurgen

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:26:09 +0100, "Jurgen Oerlemans"
<jurgen.oerlemans@envirolab_remove_.nl> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Being new to vb dotnet I have the following problem:

Ahem

Almost everybody in this newsgroup is using VB6 or lower. While
you may get a stray answer to VB.NET (including VB2003 and VB2005
which has dropped .NET from its name) questions here, you should
ask them in newsgroups devoted exclusively to .NET programming.
Look for newsgroups with either the word "dotnet" or "vsnet" in
their name.

For the microsoft news server, try these newsgroups...

There are some others, but these should get you started.
0
erewhon2 (1112)

change default printer to network printer
Guys, I need help . I am using vb5. I am try to print one report @ two different location. 1) is default and 2) is on network. I am trying to set network printer as default for second time. The program was written in win98 and it is working good. but we are try to update all the computers for XP. Thanks for help Bharat Parekh *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** You can grab my printer swtich code here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal ...

Get status of printer
Dear fellow VO'ers, is there a way to determine whether a printer is available? I already tried to get all printers via EnumPrinters and check the status of PRINTER_INFO_2 but it will always return me 0, no matter if the printer is available or not. I would like to et the status of the printer (As shown in the control panel - printers and faxes) and react to it in ReportPro 2.x. TIA, Bernhard Bernhard we check for existence of a printer like this: ********* METHOD Init(oOwner, cRPTName, cDataPath, aDBFSwap) CLASS V4RpReport SUPER:Init(oOwner, cRPTName, GetDefa...

Getting printer name or available printer list
Hi All Does anyone knows the API or code for getting the printer names on classic OS? Previously my colleague uses PMSessionCreatePrinterList etc, to get the list and it is working fine on OS X with carbonLib. But now we need it to run on Classic OS (OS 9) without the use of CarbonLib. Does anyone knows how to get the printer list for it or default printer name?? other than using PMSession.. Thanks ! -- Best Regards Eleen ...

Printer Ink
Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill - Hi, I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill. I already have some information about Printer Ink on the website - www.Printer-Ink.biz; what I am looking for is pictures and diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge and printer ink refill work for the www.Printer-ink.biz website. Specifically, I am looking for good pictures of printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer refill in action, maybe in a ink jet printer or laser printer - however, diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer ink refill work in a laser printer, ink jet printer, or even dot matrix printer might be interesting as well. Please only send your own images - with your pictures, please include permission to post them on www.Printer-Ink.biz . Images to pics@Printer-Ink.biz . Thank you, info@Printer-Ink.biz Subject : Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill for www.Printer-Ink.biz flrealbot@yahoo.com wrote: > Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink > Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill > - > > Hi, > > > I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on > Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink ...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Trying to change printer attributes on a parallel line printer in AIX 4.3.3
I'm trying to change printer attributes of a line printer connected by a parallel port to an IBM E-20 running AIX 4.3.3. When I change the column width to 132 it gives me the following error: 0782-594 The value of sw attribute falls out of bounds specified in the range format 0782-112 1 Errors detected while validating printer attributes. Use local problem reporting procedures. Anyone with any ideas on the cause and rememdy? Thanks, Eric ...

After the default printer has been changed by code in Access 2003, the application still directs a report to the former default printer.
Could someone please help? I am using the 'defaultprt.zip' tool provided by Ken Getz to change the default printer via VBA code (code below). My problem is that once the default printer has been changed, Access 2003 still directs the report to the former default printer. Access 2003 picks up the new default printer setting only after I have reopened the application. I have checked the default printer setting in the OS control panel and the code works well. This problem also occurs when an Access 2003 application is open and one changes the default printer manually in the control panel (Windows 2000). To me it seems that Access 2003 picks up the default printer setting once at Application Start-up only. Is there a way that I can force Access to "refresh" the default printer after I have changed it by code without closing/reopening the application? THANKS Code to SET DEFAULT PRINTER by Ken Getz: Option Compare Database 'Use database order for string comparisons Option Explicit ' Code from: ' Microsoft Access 95 How-To ' (c) 1998 Ken Getz and Paul Litwin ' All rights reserved. ' You may only use this code as part of an application ' that requires its use. You must including this ' notice intact. You may not distribute the code ' as your own work, nor can you distribute the ' code on its own. Private Function BuildName(dr As aht_tagDeviceRec) As Variant ' Build up the string in the format: ' HP Lase...

printer supplies or new printer
I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter feeding a Canon BJC210. I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 I need either ink cartidges for the printer, or a new printer that turbo will recognise. Any suggestion? (PS - sorry I use a Windows for internet and everything else.) "Letmesnapu2" <alan.r.archer@btinternet.com> wrote: > I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter > feeding a Canon BJC210. > > I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 > > I need either ink cartidges for ...

Phaser printers and LED printers
I have need to purchase, for a small office environment, a printer for color brochures. It needs to handle speeds in the 10-20 pages per minute range and mainly for letter size paper. Target price is $1000-1200. I prefer something other than inkjet printers for this application, and recent color laser printer output I've seen is quite good. There seem to be several models from the major manufacturers available for under a grand, but they seem to cluster around 4 pages per minute in color, which is too slow. We will be printing runs of a few hundred pages at a time, probably 2-3 times a month. The Xerox Phaser 8200 looks good; it is not a laser printer, but it's output is very nice, and consumables seem to have reasonable cost. The Oki 5300 also seems to fill the bill, but I believe that it's an LED printer, and I've been warned that LED printers can have registration problems. Would any kind soul care to share their views on this topic??? TIA, Dwight Huffman In article <3FA089D2.5FFC9088@gte.net>, Dwight Huffman <d.huffman@gte.net> writes > >The Xerox Phaser 8200 looks good; it is not a laser printer, but it's >output is very nice, and consumables seem to have reasonable cost. > I bought one of these nearly a month ago now, good output and pretty simple for adding ink etc. I've seen reports that you need to leave it on to avoid ink being used in cleaning cycles when powering on and off, ...

Change Printer
Using Access 2000 (Yes I know there is no Printer specified) and an MDE File (Yes I know I can't open a report in design view). Is there any way using VBA of temporarily changing the report's printer from the default printer for that report to a PDF995 printer (so that i can print it to a file for subsequent emailing) then back to the default Epsom 830 printer? Thanks for any help Phil Phil Stanton wrote: > Using Access 2000 (Yes I know there is no Printer specified) and an MDE File > (Yes I know I can't open a report in design view). Is there any way using > VBA of temporarily changing the report's printer from the default printer > for that report to a PDF995 printer (so that i can print it to a file for > subsequent emailing) then back to the default Epsom 830 printer? > > Thanks for any help > > Phil Newer versions of access have a printer object. For you, you can check out Albert Kallal's excellent example. See http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html If all you have is an MDE file, there's nothing you can do in VBA, you have no access to the code. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200709/1 Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com wrote: > If all you have is an MDE file, there's nothing you can do in VBA, > you have...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Printer drivers for new printers
I have just bought a couple of printers and I am trying to find drivers for them without any success. The printers I have are a Canon S330 and a Canon i950. Both are connected on a windows printer/home control server. For the S330 I have used the S300 printer driver (qimp-print), the print quality is horrible but at least it prints the correct size, as for the i950, I used the BJC-8200 printer driver and it prints at 1/4 of the size it is supposed to. Canon only supports windows and Mac os, at least that is their official response. Is there anywhere I can find printer driv...

Printer status ?
Hi, How to get really printer status, not CUPS printer status. Example: When the paper is out, my app must catch this status - how to do this ? JM Marino ...

Printer status
Do you know a function that returns a printer status, written in C too (Isprinter is only for LPT1) ? Thank you for help: Max On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:13:22 +0100, "Shadow" <m.giustiniNOSPAM@ritoll.it> wrote: >Do you know a function that returns a printer status, written in C too >(Isprinter is only for LPT1) ? > >Thank you for help: Max > > > Max, It isn't written in C, but assembler....but the Nanforum's FT_ISPRINT() does what you need. Regards, Ross McKenzie ValuSoft Melbourne Australia > It isn't written in C, but assembler.......

Install a printer driver using Visual Basic 6.0
Hello All, Is there a way from visual basic code that I can install a printer driver for a new printer that being added to the system? Thanks in advance for help with this! ...

Printer Status
We use Office XP developer and W2K. Is there a snippit of vba code that can be used to determine if the default printer is ready (on, on-line, etc)? We've tried message boxes: "Be sure your printer is ready....", but users will be users. Thanks for Looking Bob ...

printer
Printer light is on but not responding. Can't print anything. ----- Posted via NewsOne.Net: Free (anonymous) Usenet News via the Web ----- http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email abuse@newsone.net ...

printer
Hello, Im looking for a way to print direct out of my win32-application (without any common-dialog). I must use Win-sdk. If its possible would you send me an example source code. Thank you very much Maxwell Read This. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;124649 Ali R. "Maxwell" <matthias.eiser@planet-interkom.de> wrote in message news:bn3sjb$qgd6u$1@ID-207861.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hello, > > Im looking for a way to print direct out of my win32-application (without > any common-dialog). I must use Win-sdk. If its po...

Printer
We are running an AS400 with S36 as a host and have connected a Bryce address printer through a Praim protocol converter. We have no problem printing from the S36 side but when we try to use it on the AS400 we have a problem. When we try to start the printer we get the following error message " Writer cannot use device PRT03 because the device is not powered on or varied on or is in use by another job". We have tried everything mentioned in this error message with no success. We are using serveral other printers on both operating systems without a problem. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Tim Hi Tim Well it's a while ago but.....your printer must be stopped at the as/400 site when you want to use it as a S/36 (M36) printer. I presume it's a twinax printer that's mappep in the M36 CFG. Marcel "Tim" <tlsmith@tznet.com> schreef in bericht news:CYGcnbt8svgRiveiU-KYjQ@tznet.com... > We are running an AS400 with S36 as a host and have connected a Bryce > address printer through a Praim protocol converter. We have no problem > printing from the S36 side but when we try to use it on the AS400 we have a > problem. When we try to start the printer we get the following error message > " Writer cannot use device PRT03 because the device is not powered on or > varied on or is in use by another job". We have tried everything mentioned > in this error message with no success. We are usin...

printer
Hello, I have te possibility to buy a DMP2000 printer. It is new, never been used, how much to pay for this? THX,Fabien "Fabien Nicaud" <fabien.nicaud@wanadoo.fr> a �crit dans le message de news: bq8908$3vk$1@news-reader5.wanadoo.fr... > Hello, > > I have te possibility to buy a DMP2000 printer. It is new, never been used, > how much to pay for this? > > THX,Fabien > > Always a harsh question... It can go from none to a dozen of euros... I guess the right price is the price you're willing to pay for it ! ;-) Charles ...

Printer
I'm heartily sick of the running costs of my Cannon i865 - every time I want to use it, and that's not much, it needs new cartridges. Which cost a fortune. I could get Michelangelo to draw things for me for less. So am I right in saying a laser will be much cheaper for occasional use - no head cleaning to waste ink? If so, which one? Mono is fine. Using an RPC with 4.39. And a Unipod for USB - if needed. And would I be better using a driver prog that shares it with my PC? Details would be nice. -- *Why is 'abbreviation' such a long word? Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW To e-mail, change noise into sound. In article <4fee2484cddave@davenoise.co.uk>, Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote: > I'm heartily sick of the running costs of my Cannon i865 - every time I > want to use it, and that's not much, it needs new cartridges. Which cost > a fortune. I could get Michelangelo to draw things for me for less. > So am I right in saying a laser will be much cheaper for occasional use > - no head cleaning to waste ink? > If so, which one? Mono is fine. Using an RPC with 4.39. And a Unipod for > USB - if needed. And would I be better using a driver prog that shares > it with my PC? Details would be nice. I have used Canon printers for a long time and found them quite economical, though I never had an i865. The print head looks much like the one of my IP ...

printer
I'm a looking for a good quality inkjet printer for good quality digital photography printing . I would bre grateful for any recommended models thanks t ...

Getting printer status from HP's IEEE 1284 device ID string
Hello, does anyone know how to get the meaning of the very long "S:" string returned by HP as IEEE 1284 device ID for, say, HP 5550 printer? The one that I get is something like 0380008084001000002c14e0000c250002f Thank a lot! Ilya ...

Web resources about - get printer status and change path of printer - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

Amazon’s 11 best deals of the day: 3D printer, Roku Streaming Stick and more
The BGR Deals team has some terrific daily Amazon deals for you today, including one that you've been waiting to pull the trigger on: a 3D printer. ...

This $99 device turns your phone into a 3D printer
3D printers can be pretty expensive, but a company called OLO has created a new device that makes it a bit more affordable. This tiny, lightweight ...