Getting rid of the event handling

I was wondering if there was a way to work around the event driven nature of
VB. Basically I have some code that automates Excel and hence I really do
not need a button to be pressed for this purpose. Would be grateful for any
help.
Thanks,
- Nirmal

0
nt6000 (5)

> I was wondering if there was a way to work around the event driven
nature of
> VB. Basically I have some code that automates Excel and hence I really
do
> not need a button to be pressed for this purpose. Would be grateful
for any
> help.

Add a BAS Module to your program (Project/AddModule on VB's menu), put

     Sub Main()
         '
         ' Your code goes here
         '
     End Sub

in the module you just added, remove the default Form (right-click its
entry in the Project window and select Remove Form1), and change the
Startup Object to Sub Main (General tab on the dialog box that pops up
when you click Project/Properties in VB's menu).

Rick - MVP

> I was wondering if there was a way to work around the event driven
> nature of VB. Basically I have some code that automates Excel and
> hence I really do not need a button to be pressed for this purpose.
> Would be grateful for any help.
> Thanks,
> - Nirmal

Don't let Bill Gates catch you doing this, but all you have to do is set
up the project to start in a module and the module can call forms or not
as it sees fit. In project properties you will find a startup
specification which is normally "frmMain" or some such form. Change it to
the SUB call option. Define the SUB and that's that. But doing this is
shocking to purist programmers...   ;-)

Thanks to both of you. It worked great! :-)

"Rick Rothstein" <rickNOSPAMnews@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
> > I was wondering if there was a way to work around the event driven
> nature of
> > VB. Basically I have some code that automates Excel and hence I really
> do
> > not need a button to be pressed for this purpose. Would be grateful
> for any
> > help.
>
> Add a BAS Module to your program (Project/AddModule on VB's menu), put
>
>      Sub Main()
>          '
>          ' Your code goes here
>          '
>      End Sub
>
> in the module you just added, remove the default Form (right-click its
> entry in the Project window and select Remove Form1), and change the
> Startup Object to Sub Main (General tab on the dialog box that pops up
> when you click Project/Properties in VB's menu).
>
> Rick - MVP

0
nt6000 (5)
6/18/2004 4:29:49 PM
On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 15:22:06 GMT, Bert Byfield
<BertByfield@nospam.not> wrote:

>> I was wondering if there was a way to work around the event driven
>> nature of VB. Basically I have some code that automates Excel and
>> hence I really do not need a button to be pressed for this purpose.
>> Would be grateful for any help.
>> Thanks,
>> - Nirmal
>
>Don't let Bill Gates catch you doing this, but all you have to do is set
>up the project to start in a module and the module can call forms or not
>as it sees fit. In project properties you will find a startup
>specification which is normally "frmMain" or some such form. Change it to
>the SUB call option. Define the SUB and that's that. But doing this is
>shocking to purist programmers...   ;-)

It is not shocking - it is how /all/ VB Apps should be coded

Always use an 'instance' of a Form - never the prototype

( I wish somebody told me that about 5 years ago )
0
erewhon (1218)
6/18/2004 4:36:35 PM
"NT" <nt6000@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<cauvsf$6v5$1@news-int2.gatech.edu>...
> I was wondering if there was a way to work around the event driven nature of
> VB. Basically I have some code that automates Excel and hence I really do
> not need a button to be pressed for this purpose. Would be grateful for any
> help.
> Thanks,
> - Nirmal

Nirmal,

   Maybe you could be a bit more specific? Do you mean that you have
Visual Basic code you want to execute without any user interface? If
that's the case, just write your code in a module, remove the form,
and make the program's startup Sub Main() instead of Form1. If that's
not what you mean, could you explain? Thanks!

Matthew
Even better. Using Goto/Gosub and line numbers / labels you can make your
entire Sub Main run like a classic BASIC program. It's pretty neat.

> Thanks to both of you. It worked great! :-)
>
> "Rick Rothstein" <rickNOSPAMnews@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
> > > I was wondering if there was a way to work around the event driven
> > nature of
> > > VB. Basically I have some code that automates Excel and hence I really
> > do
> > > not need a button to be pressed for this purpose. Would be grateful
> > for any
> > > help.
> >
> > Add a BAS Module to your program (Project/AddModule on VB's menu), put
> >
> >      Sub Main()
> >          '
> >          ' Your code goes here
> >          '
> >      End Sub
> >
> > in the module you just added, remove the default Form (right-click its
> > entry in the Project window and select Remove Form1), and change the
> > Startup Object to Sub Main (General tab on the dialog box that pops up
> > when you click Project/Properties in VB's menu).
> >
> > Rick - MVP

0
cmoyaX (98)
6/21/2004 5:34:34 AM
How is that shocking? If by purist you mean beginner then maybe. However, I
think that's how all good VB programmers do it (All Apps should enter
through Sub Main).

"Bert Byfield" <BertByfield@nospam.not> wrote in message
> > I was wondering if there was a way to work around the event driven
> > nature of VB. Basically I have some code that automates Excel and
> > hence I really do not need a button to be pressed for this purpose.
> > Would be grateful for any help.
> > Thanks,
> > - Nirmal
>
> Don't let Bill Gates catch you doing this, but all you have to do is set
> up the project to start in a module and the module can call forms or not
> as it sees fit. In project properties you will find a startup
> specification which is normally "frmMain" or some such form. Change it to
> the SUB call option. Define the SUB and that's that. But doing this is
> shocking to purist programmers...   ;-)

0
cmoyaX (98)

Basic event handling
Can anybody tell me why this isnt working. I get two error both saying "cannot find symbol" I have denoted them witha comment import javax.swing.*; import java.awt.*; import java.awt.event.*; /** * Write a description of class gridLayout here. * * @author (your name) * @version (a version number or a date) */ public class gridLayout extends JFrame implements ActionListener { private JPanel grid = new JPanel( new GridLayout(3, 3)); public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent event) { System.out.println("Item: " + event.getActionCammand()); ...

Getting handle on Handles?
I'm trying to create my own shellexecute program named shell4OD and am having problems with handles. Here is my code ... ===== Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib _ "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" _ (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, ByVal lpFile As _ String, ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory As String, _ ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long Public function Shell4OD( byVal cmd as string, byVal parameters as string, byVal Dir as string, byVal showHide as integer) As Boolean Dim procHandle As Long, shellHnd As Long, taskID As Long ' hmmm shellHnd = ???? <=== here is my problem taskID = ShellExecute( shellHnd, _ vbNull, cmd, parameters, Dir, showHide) ' get the process handle procHandle = OpenProcess(&H100000, True, taskID) Shell4OD = WaitForProcess( procHandle) ' close the handle CloseHandle procHandle end function ' Wait for a number of milliseconds, and return the running status ' of a process. If argument is omitted, wait untill the process ' terminates. Function WaitForProcess(taskId As Long, Optional msecs As Long = -1) _ As Boolean Dim procHandle As Long ' get the process handle procHandle = OpenProcess(&H100000, True, taskId) ' check for its signaled status, return to caller WaitForProcess = WaitForSingleObject(procHandle, msecs) <> -1 '...

wxMenuBar :: encapsulating event handling :: seems that only parent frame handles these events
Hi. Isn't it possible to process menu events from within a wxMenuBar subclass ? wxMenuBar is derived from wxEvtHandler ... It seems these events are only treated within the parent frame. Code is below. Explaining : I'm trying to encapsulating the event handling from menu selection within a menubar derived from wxMenuBar. I've created a event table mapping the events to the menubar class' handlers. Unfortunatelly, it seems the events aren't treated within the menubar class. I've created a event table at this class parent (a wxFrame subclass...

[tao-users] [Event handling] : [deadlock problem with TAO/event handling]
TAO VERSION: 1.3.1 ACE VERSION: 5.3.1 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2000 If on Windows based OS's, which version of WINSOCK do you use?: TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Visual Studio .NET 2003 (7.1.3088) AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: Event handling DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? NO If so, what do your $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h and $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU contain? LINKING? NO On Unix systems, did you run make realclean first? EXECUTION? YES OTHER (please specify)? SYNOPSIS: Suspected deadlock when using TAO (using a TP reactor) in conjunction with a WFMO reactor for other event processing. DESCRIPTION: I am facing a suspected deadlock situation and trying to investigate. I need to do more work to nail down the problem, but I need some help to know whether I am doing things right. I give some contextual information below (which may be skipped for a quick reading) followed by a set of general questions on TAO event handling. The context is this: 1. A CORBA application using 3 threads in total: a. one for dispatching CORBA requests (calls ORB::run()) b. one which runs a reactor event loop primarily to process application socket data (calls ACE_Reactor::instance()->run_event_loop()) c. one whic...

Visual Objects compared to Visual Basic and Visual C.
Who can explain me why I have to use VO instead of VB or VC? OR is is there no difference? With kind regards Rob van der Ploeg Rob, Every language has his (dis)advantages. The ones you mention are all wrappers around the Win32 API. VO is a very nice and easy language compared to VC. Data-access is famous with VO, but also memorymanagement, the cargage collector, ragged array's. and the result is fast and reliable code. You do not have to declare every variable if you do not want to. (but you will) Comparing to VB is VO a real OOP langangue where VB is not. You can write your own classes, inherit classes from VO classes or from your own classes, Overide methods, use both strong and loose typed variables, write early and late bound code VO comes with a SDK containing the sourcecode of the part of VO written in VO (almost everything except f.i. the compiler) With VO you get this newsgroup, where almost every question is answered within hours. VO has a prof. usergroup in the netherlands, check www.sdgn.nl. with very often very well organised conferences. I think it is the best organised usergroup in the world. VO is limitted to the Win32 api. A .NET version is announced, but withoot a releasedate yet. More inforrmation about VO can be found at www.cavo.com regards, Erik "Mobi-Data Helpdesk" <info@direcom.nl> schreef in bericht news:1070360435.358105@tbird.introweb.nl... > Who can explain me why I have to use...

Get the Serial Number with Visual Basic
Hi folks, I have to write a Visual Basic 6.0 Program and need to uniquely identify a computer in a network and the user mustn't be able to change that id while my program is running. So the Volume Serial Number of the HDD isn't a possibility, because you can set the Volume SN whatever you want and therefore it's not unique in a Network. I heard that there's a manufacturer's Serial Number on the HDD that can't be changed and that is unique (worldwide?). How can I get that SN with VB6? Or do you have any other ideas? Like a BIOS SN? Thanks a lot in advance, Michael PS: Answer in German is ok. On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:38:13 +0100, "Michael Wittmann" <e0026159@stud3.tuwien.ac.at> wrote: >Hi folks, > >I have to write a Visual Basic 6.0 Program and need to uniquely identify a >computer in a network and the user mustn't be able to change that id while my >program is running. So the Volume Serial Number of the HDD isn't a possibility, >because you can set the Volume SN whatever you want and therefore it's not >unique in a Network. I heard that there's a manufacturer's Serial Number on the >HDD that can't be changed and that is unique (worldwide?). How can I get that SN >with VB6? Or do you have any other ideas? Like a BIOS SN? I've tried the Disk Serial number stuff, I think it is called SMART - it does not work on one of my older disks You could get the MAC address from the network c...

Re: [tao-users] [Event handling] : [deadlock problem with TAO/event handling]
Sankar- > TAO VERSION: 1.3.1 > ACE VERSION: 5.3.1 Would it be possible for you to upgared to 1.4 and give your test a whirl? Please see http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html for details on how to download. Thanks bala > > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2000 > If on Windows based OS's, which version of WINSOCK do you > use?: > > TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: > COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): > Visual Studio .NET 2003 (7.1.3088) > > AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: Event handling > > DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: > COMPILATION? NO > If so, what do your $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h and > $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU contain? > LINKING? NO > On Unix systems, did you run make realclean first? > EXECUTION? YES > OTHER (please specify)? > > > SYNOPSIS: > > Suspected deadlock when using TAO (using a TP reactor) > in conjunction with a WFMO reactor for other event processing. > > DESCRIPTION: > > I am facing a suspected deadlock situation and trying to investigate. > I need to do more work to nail down the problem, but I need some help > to know whether I am doing things right. I give some contextual > information below (which may be skipped for a quick reading) > fol...

Get rid of Visual Source Safe?
Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to get rid of the "Visual SourceSafe is not installed" message when I open a code module? I don't want to use it, but can't seem to get rid of this alert message. Thanks for any insight. On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:03:23 GMT in comp.databases.ms-access, "Tom marsh" <lee.marsh@goodwill-suncoast.com> wrote: >Hello everyone, > >Does anyone know how to get rid of the "Visual SourceSafe is not installed" >message when I open a code module? I don't want to use it, but can't seem >to get rid of this alert message. Does it need to be there? e.g. does everyone there use it but you? If so install VSS. If you don't need it then the usual thing is to compact the database, it will ask you if you want to remove it from source control. That siad I don't know if it asks this when VSS is not installed, if not then create a new database and import everything into it. -- Ride Free (but you still have to pay for the petrol) (replace sithlord with trevor for email) ...

Re: [tao-users] [Event handling] : [deadlock problem with TAO/event handling] #2
Sankar- > 1. Can one use a separate reactor (one returned by > ACE_Reactor::instance which happens to be a WFMO > reactor) in conjunction with TAO which uses a TP > reactor? The question I would ask is why? You get WFMO since you probably are on Win32 platform. But your application would get an instance of Select_Reactor if you are *nix based platforms. There is no harm in using the reactor returned, but they have limitations, which is why we have carefully chosen to have TP_Reactor as the default. > 2. The WFMO reactor seems to dispatch CORBA calls > in addition to the application specific events It has the capability but it has limitations. > > 3. Are there examples/tests under the TAO build tree > which depict application event integration with TAO? Yes, please see $TAO_ROOT/tests/XtStopwatch for an example of how Xt events are integrated with TAO's reactor event loop. Additionally please see $TAO_ROOT/examples/mfc to achieve something similar for integrating MFC-GUI based events. > > 4. Is there any way to tell ACE so that ACE_Reacto::instance() > returns a specific instance (e.g., that used by the ORB)? > And, in general, how do I specify the reactor type (WFMO or TP) > to ACE? Not directly. You could do the following after you intialize the ORB ACE_Reactor::instance (orb->orb_core ()->reactor ()); Once you do the above, every call to ACE_Reactor::instance () would give t...

Error handling
In the following code fragment, I only want to print an error message when an invalid symbol follows a valid symbol. My 'error_found' and 'error_this_case' handles that, but it seems a little convoluted. Is there a clearer way? Symbol get_sym(void); Symbol sym; void stmt_seq(void) { int error_found = 0; for (;;) { int error_this_case = 0; switch (sym) { case ident_sym : ident_stmt(); break; case while_sym : while_stmt(); break; case if_sym: if_stmt(); break; case endwhile_sym: case else_sym: case eof_sym: return; ...

Get Free Visual Basic e-books!
Check this blog! http://freebooks2007.blogspot.com it's updated every weeks.. feel free on this blog! thanks ...

GW BASIC to Visual Basic
I had done programnming in GW BASIC and Assembly 10 years back, when I was in school. Later, I learnt C,C++, Core Java and COBOL. Will my knowledge of BASIC hold me in good stead while learning Visual Basic? Is there a resemblance between the two? On 2 Mar 2005 21:11:59 -0800, "cat_dog_ass" <icon_iconoclast@hotmail.com> wrote: >I had done programnming in GW BASIC and Assembly 10 years back, when I >was in school. Later, I learnt C,C++, Core Java and COBOL. Will my >knowledge of BASIC hold me in good stead while learning Visual Basic? >Is there a resemblance between the two? A resemblance? Well, sure, they both look like Microsoft BASIC. Will knowing the one help with the other? Actually, the differences between GWB and VB are so big that you'll be learning a totally new language that reminds you of one you already know. If you learn VB.Net you might find that it also reminds you of C++ and/or Java. -- auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com ***** If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you. "cat_dog_ass" <icon_iconoclast@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1109826719.850575.113070@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > I had done programnming in GW BASIC and Assembly 10 years > back, when I was in school . . . will my knowledge of BASIC hold > me in good stead while learning Visual Basic? If you're talking about VB6 then then answer is Yes. Much of the syntax of the language is almost iden...

number handling capabilities for visual basic applications
i am thinking of writing several mathematics applications that may be freely downloaded from the internet by users. i was wondering what the number handling was like in visual basic. some of these applications ,more specifically a prime number searcher, and a gcd/lcm calculator, require very large integer handling and display. i have used other languages and their number handling limits mean that they start to round numbers off when they get to the sort of 1000 billion mark or something. i was very impressed by a java application i once used that was seemingly limitless in the size of integers it could handle. java has something called 'big integer' or something that allows huge integer handling. does visual basic have anything similar? what are the limits to visual basics number handling? probably the wrong place to ask, but is it possible to write downloadable applications in java? thanks Jeremy Watts wrote: >i am thinking of writing several mathematics applications that may be freely >downloaded from the internet by users. > >i was wondering what the number handling was like in visual basic. some of >these applications ,more specifically a prime number searcher, and a gcd/lcm >calculator, require very large integer handling and display. > >i have used other languages and their number handling limits mean that they >start to round numbers off when they get to the sort of 1000 billion mark or >something. > >i was ve...

Get output from Java Class called from Visual Basic
I am using VB 6.0, and need to call a Java class. It is exposed through command line arguements but I can't seem to get the output back. Does anyone have some basic code to help me do this? My current attempt was using a batch file, but I can't get the java code's return code. Thank you, Matt mhust6@gmail.com wrote: > I am using VB 6.0, and need to call a Java class. It is exposed > through command line arguements but I can't seem to get the output > back. Does anyone have some basic code to help me do this? My current > attempt was using a batch file, but I can't get the java code's return > code. > If you run your Java class by itself, does it print its result in the console? (Is it printing to StdOut?) If so, pipe the Java class result to a file, and read the file content when returning from your batch file. I.e: java -cp.;c:\yourpath YourClass > result.txt -- Dag. ...

[News] 'Visual Basic on Linux' Gets Better
RealBasic platform gets introspection and eyes the Web ,----[ Overview ] | The cross-platform application development tool supports Windows, Mac, and | Linux OSes and offers a similar environment to Visual Basic `---- http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/01/15/real-basic_1.html Related: First Look: REALbasic 2007 Gets Linux Support ,----[ Quote ] | The Linux standard version is currently free, while the Linux professional | version costs $500. The Windows/Mac standard version goes for $200 and the | professional version sells for $500.   `---- http://www.adtmag.com/article.aspx?...

Subscribing to/receiving events from a visual basic app (ODBC connection)
Hi all, How would I go about Subscribing to andreceiving events from a visual basic app (ODBC connection)? True notification to my app would be great, but a way to explicitly check for events would do. Emile ...

How to get Visual Basic Help? That's HELP not Piles of information.
How to get Visual Basic Help? I can't figure out how to use Help in Visual Basic 6, Win98SE. I wanted to use the command line parameter in my VB6 program. I couldn't remember the basic command, so I clicked on search and went looking for command, parameter, command line, anything remotely similar I could think of. MSDN presented me with a zillion irrelevant hits no matter what I searched on. Filtering on VB removed a lot of stuff, but what was left was still useless. That's been my experience with MSDN. Lots of stuff, but nothing I need. And I searched that stuff for over an hour. So, I opened up a trusty paper text and found what I needed, The "command$" function. So, I type command$ into the VB program, highlight it and hit F1. MSDN dutifully produced the correct page. Now, Why couldn't it do that in the first place when I searched on "command" from the VB environment????? GRRRRRRR@!!!! Now, the page wasn't very helpful...I messed around with it for several hours before I discovered that Command$ returns the command line string enclosed in quotes that must be removed. So, how the heck do you find RELEVANT information in MSDN without already knowing the answer??? Is there a separate VB6 help file or language tutorial that can be searched? Thanks, mike -- Return address is VALID. 500MHz Tek DSOscilloscope TDS540 $2200 http://nm7u.tripod.com/homepage/te.html Wanted, 12.1" LCD for Gateway Solo 5300. Samsung LT121SU-12...

cd 4 "visual basic lang. developers handbook"
Hi I need the cd that came with this book. visual basic language developers handbook ISBN 0-7821-2162-4 I lost it or it was stolen or whatever. Any help would be welcome. Can you burn me a copy, zip it and send it, whatever. mail to : rbm@bellsouth.net thanks Did ya call the publisher? I think they'll send you a new CD for a nominal fee... or you might be able to download it. Not sure. It's been a while since I had to do something like that. Bob wrote: > Hi > I need the cd that came with this book. > > visual basic language > developers handbook > ISBN 0-7821-2162-4 > > I lost it or it was stolen or whatever. Any help would be welcome. > Can you burn me a copy, zip it and send it, whatever. > > mail to : rbm@bellsouth.net Book available on Amazon as http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0782121624/ and the author's website has 3 chapters available and perhaps some code: http://www.developershandbook.com/downloads.htm and the book's Errata: http://www.developershandbook.com/ErrataVBLanguage.htm -- '--------------- 'John Mishefske '--------------- ...

Re: Can REALBasic Handle This Simple Visual Basic App? Nope. #3
>Lewis Gardner wrote: >This is because it uses variants to contain arrays. >RB does not support variant arrays. Yes, the RB Language Reference states: "A Variant is a special data type that can contain any type of data." However, VisualBasic variants can contain arrays, and RB variants cannot. This is a serious compatability problem for porting VB apps to RB. And I don't believe it takes rocket science to implement. All you have to do is make the variant able to point to an array. Matt Posted with NewzToolz. Free RAR, PAR, and yEnc decoders. Get you...

Internet Explorer FileDownload Event & Automation Error
Private Declare Function GetForegroundWindow Lib "user32" () As Long Public WithEvents IE As SHDocVw.InternetExplorer Private Sub Timer1_Timer() Dim strTitle As String Dim lngRet As Long Dim AppName As String lngRet = GetForegroundWindow() On Error GoTo ErrorMsg If (lngRet <> IE.hwnd) Then Set objShell = New Shell For Each obj In objShell.Windows If TypeName(obj.Document) = "HTMLDocument" Then If obj.hwnd = lngRet Then Set IE = obj Label1.Caption = "" End If End If Next obj End If Form2.Caption = IE.LocationName Form2.Refresh Exit Sub ErrorMsg: Label1.Caption = Err.Number & " # " & Err.Description Resume Next End Sub Private Sub IE_FileDownload(Cancel As Boolean) MsgBox "A file download is about to start." End Sub ####################################################### In the above code, 1. The file download event never occurs. 2. Also the program suddenly stops because of an Automation error that says "The object invoked has disconnected from its clients" with error number -2147417848. What are the solutions for the above two problems? I have VB Service Pack 5 & 6 installed in my pc. Shubhrajyoti wrote: > Private Declare Function GetForegroundWindow Lib "user32" () As Long > Public WithEvents IE As SHDocVw.InternetExplorer > > Private Sub Timer1...

Re: Can REALBasic Handle This Simple Visual Basic App? Nope. #4
Matt Trivisonno <matt@putmylastnamehere.com> wrote: >Yes, the RB Language Reference states: "A Variant is a special data type that >can contain any type of data." However, VisualBasic variants can contain >arrays, and RB variants cannot. This is a serious compatability problem for >porting VB apps to RB. And I don't believe it takes rocket science to >implement. All you have to do is make the variant able to point to an array. I would also like to add that this is yet another way that RS did a half-assed job. Sure you can do simple things with...

Re: Can REALBasic Handle This Simple Visual Basic App? Nope. #2
Lewis Gardner <lgardner@simplifiedtechnologies.com> wrote: >I have never seen it in use in a non-demo application during my 10+ >years of supporting networks and VB programming that used MSChart. Well, I doubt any one person has ever observed more than 1% of VB apps. Neither one of us has presented any hard data, however, since the MSChart ocx is distributed with MS Office, it has certainly been available to millions of VB programmers. >The fact it does not run on a XP machine with VB6 and Office installed >certainly makes me question the stability of the O...

Event strucruce handling multiple events at once
Trying to handle two button events from my front panel but i want each event to bring up a new VI (or screen) and be able to have one or both etc using an event strucutre. it seems to queue events even if you are running two event strucutre in parallel but i want o be able to have either buttons (controls) and the event at potentially the same time ...

Event handlers that handle ALL command events
Is it possible to specify a some sort of psuedo-Event type to EVT_COMMAND() such that it will handle *ALL* the command events? Alex --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org Maybe this will help: *EVT_COMMAND_RANGE ( and you can set all the identifiers in some range of values ) Iulian * Alex Bligh wrote: > Is it possible to specify a some sort of psuedo-Event type to > EVT_COMMAND() such that it will handle ...

Web resources about - Getting rid of the event handling - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

Anchor handling tug supply vessel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Anchor Handling Tug Supply (AHTS) vessels are mainly built to handle anchors for oil rigs , tow them to location, anchor them up and, in a few ...

New Facebook SDK For IOS Adds Automatic Error Handling, Improved Login UI
... software-development kit for iOS is now available for download , with significant enhancements including a beta test of automatic error handling ...

Handling Disputes and Refunds
Handling Disputes and Refunds

Facebook Shares Stats on How Users are Handling the Latest Privacy Changes
Facebook’s traffic has yet to be affected by the aggressive privacy changes it made at the beginning of December, from what data we can see — ...

Handling five billion sessi
... that provides app developers with reliable, real-time and actionable insights into their mobile apps. Skip to main content Sign in Search Handling ...

Customer Service Handling
This group is for people in customer service profession facing the customer either in person or over phone.

Wrap Camera HD - Ultimate Picture Editor with Unique Paper Handling on the App Store on iTunes
Get Wrap Camera HD - Ultimate Picture Editor with Unique Paper Handling on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Dead domain handling page - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore anearthling's photos on Flickr. anearthling has uploaded 1692 photos to Flickr.

Frank Rich Talks New York Media, Handling Criticism - Media Beat (2 of 3) - YouTube
In the second part of our three-part "Media Beat" interview with him, Frank Rich talks about leaving The New York Times to join New York magazine, ...

34% Rate Obama’s Handling of Government Spending As Good or Excellent
Voters continue to question President Obama's handling of issues related to government spending and taxes. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone ...