GW BASIC to Visual Basic

I had done programnming in GW BASIC and Assembly 10 years back, when I
was in school. Later, I learnt C,C++, Core Java and COBOL. Will my
knowledge of BASIC hold me in good stead while learning Visual Basic?
Is there a resemblance between the two?

On 2 Mar 2005 21:11:59 -0800, "cat_dog_ass"
<icon_iconoclast@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I had done programnming in GW BASIC and Assembly 10 years back, when I
>was in school. Later, I learnt C,C++, Core Java and COBOL. Will my
>knowledge of BASIC hold me in good stead while learning Visual Basic?
>Is there a resemblance between the two?

A resemblance? Well, sure, they both look like Microsoft BASIC. Will
knowing the one help with the other? Actually, the differences between
GWB and VB are so big that you'll be learning a totally new language
that reminds you of one you already know. If you learn VB.Net you might
find that it also reminds you of C++ and/or Java.
--
auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com
*****
"cat_dog_ass" <icon_iconoclast@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I had done programnming in GW BASIC and Assembly 10 years
> back, when I was in school . . . will my knowledge of BASIC hold
> me in good stead while learning Visual Basic?

If you're talking about VB6 then then answer is Yes. Much of the syntax of
the language is almost identical to most other versions of Basic, with the
addition of some new things that you will not have come across in other
versions but which are very easy to learn. The one thing that will
definitely be different though (and the thing that will cause you most
headaches at the start) is the fact the Visual Basic is an "event driven"
language whereas the other versions of Basic that you may be used to or not.
In the Basic that yuo are used to there is a main block of code which
effectively is the entire program. The computer runs through that code, line
by line, executing the commands it comes acrosss, and looping around various
loops, until eventually it reaches the end (sometimes in response to some
user input and sometimes because it has finished its job automatically) .
The program has then finished. Visual Basic is quite different. a Visual
Basic program consists of lots of small separate blocks of code, each of
which "runs and then finishes" in response to an "event". An event may be
the user pressing a key, or a Timer firing, or the user clicking the mouse
on an object or many other different things. In between these times (when no
"events" are actually happening) your VB program effectively does nothing at
all, using almost no processor time, and it remains in this state until
another "event" occurs. It seems a bit "odd" at first, but you soon get used
to it, and it is a very effective system (especially on a multitasking
operating system such as Windows).

On the other hand, if you're talking about the new VB.Net then I can't
really answer you because I have never used it. I believe that there are
many similarities between VB.Net and VB6 (both are event driven, of course)
and there is still a lot of stuff that you will understand from your
existing knowledge of Basic, but also there are many differences and I
imagine that it would take a lot of "getting used to" even by soemeone who
is proficient in VB6. Most people on this newsgroup don't like VB.Net
(that's why they are still here). But if you go for VB6 you will find lots
of help here when you begin to use it and begin to learn new things.

Mike

0
mike5607 (1952)
3/3/2005 10:30:18 AM
My two bob's worth as I am a fairly accomplished Quickbasic (ex BASIC)
prorammer, and have written much solid stuff which works well.  A good app in
Qbasic will have menu and selecting a menu option is much like pressing a button
on the Vb form.  It leads to a small segment of code which then executes and
goes back to the menu.  In this respect it is also event driven and in fact very
like Vb.  I think the main difference is not that, therefore, but the various
pre-written tolls and form design.  After all, if your Vb button invokes a long
string of code, then surely *that* executes line by line much as Qb would do?

Greetings to all

Alan

Mike Williams wrote:

> "cat_dog_ass" <icon_iconoclast@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > I had done programnming in GW BASIC and Assembly 10 years
> > back, when I was in school . . . will my knowledge of BASIC hold
> > me in good stead while learning Visual Basic?
>
> If you're talking about VB6 then then answer is Yes. Much of the syntax of
> the language is almost identical to most other versions of Basic, with the
> addition of some new things that you will not have come across in other
> versions but which are very easy to learn. The one thing that will
> definitely be different though (and the thing that will cause you most
> headaches at the start) is the fact the Visual Basic is an "event driven"
> language whereas the other versions of Basic that you may be used to or not.
> In the Basic that yuo are used to there is a main block of code which
> effectively is the entire program. The computer runs through that code, line
> by line, executing the commands it comes acrosss, and looping around various
> loops, until eventually it reaches the end (sometimes in response to some
> user input and sometimes because it has finished its job automatically) .
> The program has then finished. Visual Basic is quite different. a Visual
> Basic program consists of lots of small separate blocks of code, each of
> which "runs and then finishes" in response to an "event". An event may be
> the user pressing a key, or a Timer firing, or the user clicking the mouse
> on an object or many other different things. In between these times (when no
> "events" are actually happening) your VB program effectively does nothing at
> all, using almost no processor time, and it remains in this state until
> another "event" occurs. It seems a bit "odd" at first, but you soon get used
> to it, and it is a very effective system (especially on a multitasking
> operating system such as Windows).
>
> On the other hand, if you're talking about the new VB.Net then I can't
> really answer you because I have never used it. I believe that there are
> many similarities between VB.Net and VB6 (both are event driven, of course)
> and there is still a lot of stuff that you will understand from your
> existing knowledge of Basic, but also there are many differences and I
> imagine that it would take a lot of "getting used to" even by soemeone who
> is proficient in VB6. Most people on this newsgroup don't like VB.Net
> (that's why they are still here). But if you go for VB6 you will find lots
> of help here when you begin to use it and begin to learn new things.
>
> Mike

0
alan4d (21)
4/5/2005 11:32:48 PM
I meant tools of course!

0
alan4d (21)
4/5/2005 11:36:50 PM
On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 09:32:48 +1000, alan4d@tpg.com.au wrote:

>My two bob's worth as I am a fairly accomplished Quickbasic (ex BASIC)
>prorammer, and have written much solid stuff which works well.  A good app in
>Qbasic will have menu and selecting a menu option is much like pressing a button
>on the Vb form.  It leads to a small segment of code which then executes and
>goes back to the menu.  In this respect it is also event driven and in fact very
>like Vb.  I think the main difference is not that, therefore, but the various
>pre-written tolls and form design.  After all, if your Vb button invokes a long
>string of code, then surely *that* executes line by line much as Qb would do?

One can even write 'sequential'/step program Apps in VB

There are several things to get ones head around
- how Windows really works (ie: what does DoEvents do)
- what 'new' options/vistas are opened up by OOP

The pre-written tools (outside the intrinsic controls) are something
of a PITA
- even the intrinsic ones can be a nuisance
0
erewhon2 (1112)

Basic BASIC
Now that our series on Basic for Beginners - Basic BASIC by Ray Favre - is at an end, those who have not read the series may wish to purchase the back copies of Qercus that include the six parts of Basic BASIC. The series takes a complete beginner to programming and introduces sufficient to get you started and producing your own programs. Examples are listed within the article or in the Yellow Pages feature in the magazine and these can be typed in by the reader. These listings will also be available on the Qercus website. Purchasers of the series, who don't have access to the internet, can request a copy of the listings on disk at the time they place their order. The Basic BASIC bundle of Qercus magazines costs just �20 + p&p (�2 UK) As a bonus, purchasers will also receive all the other excellent articles (typically 12 major articles in each issue) that accompanied the Basic BASIC series including most of the AppBasic series* and the first part of the new series on the scripting language Lua. *add �2 to also receive issue 269 which includes the first part of the AppBasic series. NB Where an issue goes 'out of print' we will replace the copy with a reprint of the article(s) requested. Orders to the address below or by telephone 0161 969 9820 / FAX 08700 519 572 -- John Cartmell - Qercus magazine - editor AT qercus.com www.qercus.com Qercus: a fusion of Acorn Publisher & Acorn User magazines Qercus, 30 Finnybank Rd Sale M33 6LR == 0845 006 88...

Quick Basic to Visual Basic Converter
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C453DB.FEAF48A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know of a utility that will aid in converting Quick Basic = code to Visual Basic code. I don't expect it would be perfect, but anything that would provide a = start on it would be helpful. Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C453DB.FEAF48A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff> <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Does anyone know of a utility that will aid in = converting=20 Quick Basic code to Visual Basic code.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=3D2>I don't expect it would be perfect, but anything = that would=20 provide a start on it would be helpful.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML> ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C453DB.FEAF48A0-- Hmmm. Other than changes in several of the graphics methods (like CurrentX/Y versus Locate) and maybe the keyboard Get/Input they're pr...

Visual Objects compared to Visual Basic and Visual C.
Who can explain me why I have to use VO instead of VB or VC? OR is is there no difference? With kind regards Rob van der Ploeg Rob, Every language has his (dis)advantages. The ones you mention are all wrappers around the Win32 API. VO is a very nice and easy language compared to VC. Data-access is famous with VO, but also memorymanagement, the cargage collector, ragged array's. and the result is fast and reliable code. You do not have to declare every variable if you do not want to. (but you will) Comparing to VB is VO a real OOP langangue where VB is not. You can write your own classes, inherit classes from VO classes or from your own classes, Overide methods, use both strong and loose typed variables, write early and late bound code VO comes with a SDK containing the sourcecode of the part of VO written in VO (almost everything except f.i. the compiler) With VO you get this newsgroup, where almost every question is answered within hours. VO has a prof. usergroup in the netherlands, check www.sdgn.nl. with very often very well organised conferences. I think it is the best organised usergroup in the world. VO is limitted to the Win32 api. A .NET version is announced, but withoot a releasedate yet. More inforrmation about VO can be found at www.cavo.com regards, Erik "Mobi-Data Helpdesk" <info@direcom.nl> schreef in bericht news:1070360435.358105@tbird.introweb.nl... > Who can explain me why I have to use...

Newbie question: Quick Basic to Visual Basic
Program migration from Quick Basic to Visual Basic ? Regards to the newsgroup. Excuse my sudden intromission into the group, but I know from my long experience in these groups that there are a lot of people willing to help. As I ceased to program several years ago I found myself in the situation that my old programs are incompatible with Windows 98 and XP. I have code written in 1995 to 97 under DOS, using Quick Basic, which running under Windows, create problems when they write data files on to the fixed disk. I'm having trouble when restarting my PC. I guess this is due to the protection of the fixed disk by Windows. Mi question is: Is there a way of importing or converting my old codes into Visual Basic ? or Shall I have to write them again ? Thanks in advance. Juan Vazquez P.S.: I'm having the same problem with Borland Turbo Pascal and DELPHI. Is there a way of importing or converting my old Pascal programs into DELPHI ? "Juan Vazquez" <j.vazquez@_emavenca.com> wrote in message news:cu69ov$t5o$1@newsreader.mailgate.org... > > > > Program migration from Quick Basic to Visual Basic ? > > Regards to the newsgroup. > > Excuse my sudden intromission into the group, but I know from my long > experience in these groups that there are a lot of people willing to help. > > As I ceased to program several years ago I found myself in the situation > that my old programs are incompatible with Window...

Quick-Basic running in a Visual Basic compilation?
Hi everybody, I have a program, developed in Quick Basic under DOS, which are quite complicated and I wish to translate into Visual Basic, since Basic is more familiar for me than other languages. The question is how to write Quick Basic code in a Visual Basic program. It handles I/O commands and direct access to memory addresses for a A/D card. I have to say that this program works fine in a DOS window under Win98, but it's not the case for W2000/XP. Any comment will be highly appreciated. / Bish "Bishop" <Donottry@never.de> wrote in message news:c14po4$1efl2s$1@ID-145933.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi everybody, > > I have a program, developed in Quick Basic under DOS, which are quite > complicated and I wish to translate into Visual Basic, since Basic is more > familiar for me than other languages. > The question is how to write Quick Basic code in a Visual Basic program. It > handles I/O commands and direct access to memory addresses for a A/D card. > I have to say that this program works fine in a DOS window under Win98, but > it's not the case for W2000/XP. > Any comment will be highly appreciated. I'll say you're in for a bit of work! Your program must be completely re-structured. VB is Event-driven, and doesn't like top-town and procedural code at all. THis, in it self isn't neccessarily a show-stopper, as long as your QB code is reasonably structured, but the *big* problem here, is the I/O and...

Vista Basic or Visual Basic conversation to VB.Net
Hello, I have a piece of code written in Vista Basic (similar to Visual Basic), and I'd like to know if you could help me find the equivalent in VB.NET? Here is the code: local lcopr as character store upper(this.value) to lcopr opentable("joprs") ordertable("joprs","joopr") seek("joprs", lcopr) store db.joprs.jodesc.value to thisform.textbox1.value store db.joprs.joextd.value to thisform.editbox1.value closetable("joprs") The code above is triggered when a user enters text into textboxA, which has a "CHANGE" trigger assigned to it. When the value is entered in to textboxA, textbox1 is populated with store.db.joprs.jodesc.value, and finally, editbox1 is populated with db.joprs.joextd.value. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Regards, --TJ ...

Visual Basic (6.0) [Basic] Multi-Connection Proxy?
I'm not asking for source =), just asking for basics on making a proxy in VB6 with the Winsock control. Is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction? Let's say an HTTP proxy for starters...? =) micromause@hotmail.com (Michael L. Barker) wrote in message news:<cc14f886.0312070324.26d4e136@posting.google.com>... > I'm not asking for source =), just asking for basics on making a proxy > in VB6 with the Winsock control. Is there anyone out there that can > point me in the right direction? Let's say an HTTP proxy for > starters...? =) Read up on the HTTP protocol for a start.. As a proxy, you'll have to listen for connections, get the data from the client, do some processing (how much depends on the type of proxy), and then connect to the host the client wants. So you're effectively writing a client and a server in one. Maybe try writing a simple HTTP server & client first to get used to the protocol, then move onto a proxy? tom@cintelsoftware.com (Tom Smith) wrote in message news:<94b5a03b.0312070827.8a136cc@posting.google.com>... > micromause@hotmail.com (Michael L. Barker) wrote in message news:<cc14f886.0312070324.26d4e136@posting.google.com>... > > I'm not asking for source =), just asking for basics on making a proxy > > in VB6 with the Winsock control. Is there anyone out there that can > > point me in the right direction? Let's say an HTTP proxy for > > st...

Port Visual Basic to Visual Prolog
I'm trying to port the following Visual Basic program fragment to Visual Prolog 6.1 It opens the serial port for communications, sends a break command, switches to a specific speed, sends another command, then switches speed again, and starts listening. Any signal coming in is detected with the OnCom and displayed on the screen. This is so totally beyond my Visual Prolog skills that I have no clue how to even start porting it to Visual Prolog 6.1 Any help is appreciated!! Merel Private Sub Command1_Click() 'enable communications MSComm1.PortOpen = True &#...

Visual Basic GUI with Visual C++ console
Hi, I'm trying to develop a system running on a PC, consisting of a Visual Basic GUI connected to a Visual C++ win32 console running in the background (which is doing most of the processing work). Inputs entered to the GUI will be processed by the win32 console and results passed back to the GUI for display again. I suppose commands and data would have to be passed between these two programs, but I have no idea how to go about doing it. Would greatly appreciate if there's anyone who could help with some ideas or point me to some helpful resources. Rgds, JG Have a look at DDE links. -- Best regards, Kyle "JG Lim" <jooghee@gmail.com> wrote in message news:70b6683c.0504041731.1a0e3b68@posting.google.com... | Hi, | | I'm trying to develop a system running on a PC, consisting of a Visual | Basic GUI connected to a Visual C++ win32 console running in the | background (which is doing most of the processing work). Inputs | entered to the GUI will be processed by the win32 console and results | passed back to the GUI for display again. | | I suppose commands and data would have to be passed between these two | programs, but I have no idea how to go about doing it. | | Would greatly appreciate if there's anyone who could help with some | ideas or point me to some helpful resources. | | Rgds, | JG On 4 Apr 2005 18:31:14 -0700, jooghee@gmail.com (JG Lim) wrote: >Hi, > >I'm trying to develop a system running on a PC, consisting of a...

Visual Basic
Hello, I'm a french student and I use mathematica, I just want to know if it is po= ssible to run Mathematica from a Visual Basic program and to return the mat= hematica "output" in my window application. Thanks a lot _________________________________________________________________ Essayez Live.com et cr=E9ez l'Internet qui vous ressemble : infos, sports, = m=E9t=E9o et bien plus encore ! http://www.live.com/getstarted See http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/mathlink/languages/vb.html "Emmanuel Tonicello" <tonicello_emmanuel@hotmai...

Visual Basic
Hello, I am attempting to port some BASIC code into VB 6.0. This is a navigation simulator. I'd like to write functions to handle the machine specific stuff of the BASIC it is written in. If there are any VB programmers here, please send me an email. I am sure that it will only take a few lines of code to do what I want, but I don't have the time to go through the thousands of pages of VB documentation. L8r Rich aiiadict AT hotmail DOT com "Rich J." <aiiadict@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5ad50d67.0409240951.54dc82e2@posting.google.com.....

Visual Basic
I need to know is it possible to make program writen in visual basic for recovering lost files(like Recover My Files)? Can somebody hellp? Also if somebody need older ver.of visual basic ,like Visual Basic 1.0; 2.0; 3.0 or 4.0 write to me: brayanadams111@hotmail.com Thanks. "brayan111" <brayanadams111@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1116241746.478834.173180@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I need to know is it possible to make program writen in visual basic > for recovering lost files(like Recover My Files)? Why? There's a good freeware one called "PC Inspector File Recovery" that you can get from here: http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm Just as good or better than the commercial ones that I've tried. I used it to recover the files from a friend's HD when its FAT got hosed. I need to know how how to recover lost (deleted)files with visual basic ,i nedd only simple code for that and i wannt to try to make simple program . I know that there is a lot of free programs for recovering lost files,but i need to know code steps for writing such programs in VISUAL BASIC! Can somebody show simple code for that? Thanks! brayanadams111@hotmail.com "brayan111" <brayanadams111@hotmail.com> wrote: > I need to know is it possible to make program writen in visual basic >for recovering lost files(like Recover My Files)? If by a "lost file" you mean one that is not visible to W...

Visual Basic
I am using it to do my A levels have any1 of you got any tips for me? ...

US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45289157610)
US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45289157610) ============================================================================================= Position: Sr. SW Eng. Reference: SMC01200 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5+ years in development of Microsoft Windows applications using Microsoft tools and technologies such as Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel...

US-AL-Huntsville: SW Engineer, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Stdio.NET, C#; P (45289157611)
US-AL-Huntsville: SW Engineer, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Stdio.NET, C#; P (45289157611) ============================================================================================== Position: SW Engineer Reference: SMC01201 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5 + years development of MS Windows applications using Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer and Access). UML modeling experience using Rational Rose and CMM processes. Background in the development of aircraft mission planning for either the Air Force or Army and/or operation flight program (OFP) software. Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45289157611. ...

US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288546334)
US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288546334) ============================================================================================= Position: Sr. SW Eng. Reference: SMC01200 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5+ years in development of Microsoft Windows applications using Microsoft tools and technologies such as Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer and Access). UML Modeling (using Rational Rose) and CMM Level 3 activities. Development of aircraft mission planning and/or operation flight program (OFP) software. Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45288546334. ...

US-AL-Huntsville: SW Engineer, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Stdio.NET, C#; P (45288546624)
US-AL-Huntsville: SW Engineer, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Stdio.NET, C#; P (45288546624) ============================================================================================== Position: SW Engineer Reference: SMC01201 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5 + years development of MS Windows applications using Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer and Access). UML modeling experience using Rational Rose and CMM processes. Background in the development of aircraft mission planning for either the Air Force or Army and/or operation flight program (OFP) software. Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45288546624. ...

[...]

US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288557613)
US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288557613) ============================================================================================= Position: Sr. SW Eng. Reference: SMC01200 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5+ years in development of Microsoft Windows applications using Microsoft tools and technologies such as Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer and Access). UML Modeling (using Rational Rose) and CMM Level 3 activities. Development of aircraft mission planning and/or operation flight program (OFP) software. Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45288557613. ...

US-AL-Huntsville: SW Engineer, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Stdio.NET, C#; P (45288857609)
US-AL-Huntsville: SW Engineer, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Stdio.NET, C#; P (45288857609) ============================================================================================== Position: SW Engineer Reference: SMC01201 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5 + years development of MS Windows applications using Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer and Access). UML modeling experience using Rational Rose and CMM processes. Background in the development of aircraft mission planning for either the Air Force or Army and/or operation flight program (OFP) software. Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45288857609. ...

[...]

US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288857609)
US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288857609) ============================================================================================= Position: Sr. SW Eng. Reference: SMC01200 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5+ years in development of Microsoft Windows applications using Microsoft tools and technologies such as Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel...

US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288832412)
US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288832412) ============================================================================================= Position: Sr. SW Eng. Reference: SMC01200 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5+ years in development of Microsoft Windows applications using Microsoft tools and technologies such as Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint...

Web resources about - GW BASIC to Visual Basic - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

Visual Basic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Visual Basic was derived from BASIC and enables the rapid application development (RAD) of graphical user interface (GUI) applications, access ...

Todd Sampson invests in social media start-up Visual Amplifiers
Todd Sampson plans to back a new tech start-up after taking on his third board role with a company which matches high profile consumer brands ...

Todd Sampson invests in social media start-up Visual Amplifiers
Todd Sampson plans to back a new tech start-up after taking on his third board role with a company which matches high profile consumer brands ...

Movies have cribbed a lot of visual ideas from the art world
Film is, above all, a visual medium. For the first few decades of cinema history, filmmakers didn’t even have synchronized dialogue at their ...

How visual effects artists built an insanely detailed world from scratch for 'Deadpool'
Audiences have fallen in love with foul-mouthed anti-hero Deadpool. While most people can't stop talking about the film's shocking use of violence, ...

A visual guide to Android N
Google is sprucing up the look of its upcoming mobile OS.

Microsoft Visual Studio adds R support
Microsoft's Visual Studio added support for the R programming language this week with the unveiling of the open-source R Tools for Visual Studio ...

A Visual Look at Oil and Gas on Waggoner Ranch
INTRO TO THE SALE The W.T. Waggoner Estate Ranch is a behemoth piece of Texas land with a legacy to match. With over half-a-million acres spread ...

How an iPad add-on transforms the visual effects of ‘Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’
... “Bus” — and I got to hang out in the S.H.I.E.L.D. break room. And those two assailants? One was my daughter, Alyssa, and the other was Visual ...

Check Out 20 Popular Movies Before and After Visual Effects Were Added
It’s absolutely no surprise that blockbuster movies rely so heavily on special effects and CG all the time now. When the effects are good, it ...