How to get Visual Basic Help? That's HELP not Piles of information.

How to get Visual Basic Help?

I can't figure out how to use Help in Visual Basic 6, Win98SE.

I wanted to use the command line parameter in my VB6 program.
I couldn't remember the basic command, so I clicked on search
and went looking for command, parameter, command line, anything
remotely similar I could think of.

MSDN presented me with a zillion irrelevant hits no matter
what I searched on.  Filtering on VB removed a lot of stuff,
but what was left was still useless.  That's been my experience
with MSDN.  Lots of stuff, but nothing I need.  And I searched
that stuff for over an hour.

So, I opened up a trusty paper text and found what I needed,
The "command$" function.

So, I type command$ into the VB program, highlight it and
hit F1.  MSDN dutifully produced the correct page.
Now, Why couldn't it do that in the first place when I searched
on "command" from the VB environment?????  GRRRRRRR@!!!!

Now, the page wasn't very helpful...I messed around with it for
several hours before I discovered that Command$ returns the
command line string enclosed in quotes that must be removed.

So, how the heck do you find RELEVANT information in MSDN without
already knowing the answer???  Is there a separate VB6 help file
or language tutorial that can be searched?

Thanks, mike
--
Return address is VALID.
500MHz Tek DSOscilloscope TDS540 $2200

spamme06599 (209)

   I find VB and VBA in a Nutshell (book) very good for
basic VB. There's a lot in MSDN but I think it's
a good example of the problem with having
computers rather than people produce indexes.

   If you're not looking up a specific term it seems to
usually be easier to search Google. (Personally I've
never had much luck with the Find function in MSDN
help. It doesn't have any kind of intelligent relevance
assessment functionality the way that Google does.)

_____________________________

mayayXXana1a@mindYYspring.com
For return email remove XX and YY.
_____________________________
mike <spamme0@netscape.net> wrote in message
> How to get Visual Basic Help?
>
> I can't figure out how to use Help in Visual Basic 6, Win98SE.
>
> I wanted to use the command line parameter in my VB6 program.
> I couldn't remember the basic command, so I clicked on search
> and went looking for command, parameter, command line, anything
> remotely similar I could think of.
>
> MSDN presented me with a zillion irrelevant hits no matter
> what I searched on.  Filtering on VB removed a lot of stuff,
> but what was left was still useless.  That's been my experience
> with MSDN.  Lots of stuff, but nothing I need.  And I searched
> that stuff for over an hour.
>
> So, I opened up a trusty paper text and found what I needed,
> The "command$" function.
>
> So, I type command$ into the VB program, highlight it and
> hit F1.  MSDN dutifully produced the correct page.
> Now, Why couldn't it do that in the first place when I searched
> on "command" from the VB environment?????  GRRRRRRR@!!!!
>
> Now, the page wasn't very helpful...I messed around with it for
> several hours before I discovered that Command$ returns the
> command line string enclosed in quotes that must be removed.
>
> So, how the heck do you find RELEVANT information in MSDN without
> already knowing the answer???  Is there a separate VB6 help file
> or language tutorial that can be searched?
>
> Thanks, mike
> --
> Return address is VALID.
> 500MHz Tek DSOscilloscope TDS540 $2200
> http://nm7u.tripod.com/homepage/te.html
> Wanted, 12.1" LCD for Gateway Solo 5300. Samsung LT121SU-121
> Bunch of stuff For Sale and Wanted at the link below.
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/4710/

mike <spamme0@netscape.net> wrote in message news:<41B253DA.8010206@netscape.net>...
> MSDN presented me with a zillion irrelevant hits no matter
> what I searched on.  Filtering on VB removed a lot of stuff,
> but what was left was still useless.  That's been my experience
> with MSDN.  Lots of stuff, but nothing I need.  And I searched
> that stuff for over an hour.

I gave up on installing MSDN a long time ago because it's so difficult
to work with.  Searching on-line usually works better and searching
groups.google.com is probably the fastest in most cases.

> So, I opened up a trusty paper text and found what I needed,
> The "command$" function.

Yep, that's why I always order paper copies of documentation with any
product.  The VB6 books aren't always the greatest but they make
finding what you need much easier than the local MSDN install.

> Now, the page wasn't very helpful...I messed around with it for
> several hours before I discovered that Command$ returns the
> command line string enclosed in quotes that must be removed.

Errrr... no, it doesn't.  Depending on how you display Command$ you
may see quotes around it, and whatever is starting your app may wrap
the value in quotes but the actual value of Command$ is whatever was
passed to the application and no quotes are added.
0
butlerbob (241)
12/5/2004 2:30:20 PM
I would second the vote for picking up a copy of VB & VBA in a
Nutshell by O'Reilly.  A really great reference for VB commands, one
of the handy features of the book is that every command has a
"Related" section where similar commands are listed.  This allows you
to look a command that's close to what you want and then discover
other options.

I also really like Microsoft's VB Programmers Guide (not a big fan of
the rest of their series).  Between the Programmers Guide and VB in a
Nutshell, you can find answers to most VB questions.

Good luck,
Gareth Conner
Bob Butler wrote:
> mike <spamme0@netscape.net> wrote in message news:<41B253DA.8010206@netscape.net>...
>
>>MSDN presented me with a zillion irrelevant hits no matter
>>what I searched on.  Filtering on VB removed a lot of stuff,
>>but what was left was still useless.  That's been my experience
>>with MSDN.  Lots of stuff, but nothing I need.  And I searched
>>that stuff for over an hour.
>

> I gave up on installing MSDN a long time ago because it's so difficult
> to work with.  Searching on-line usually works better and searching
> groups.google.com is probably the fastest in most cases.
>

>>So, I opened up a trusty paper text and found what I needed,
>>The "command$" function.
>

> Yep, that's why I always order paper copies of documentation with any
> product.  The VB6 books aren't always the greatest but they make
> finding what you need much easier than the local MSDN install.
>

>>Now, the page wasn't very helpful...I messed around with it for
>>several hours before I discovered that Command$ returns the
>>command line string enclosed in quotes that must be removed.
>

> Errrr... no, it doesn't.  Depending on how you display Command$ you
> may see quotes around it, and whatever is starting your app may wrap
> the value in quotes but the actual value of Command$ is whatever was
> passed to the application and no quotes are added.

Yep, discovered that.
When I set up the folder options for the file type, I just copied what
the other types did...and got parenthesis.
Thanks, mike

--
Return address is VALID.
500MHz Tek DSOscilloscope TDS540 $2200
http://nm7u.tripod.com/homepage/te.html

spamme06599 (209)

Visual Foxpro program to create a table archive (stores last month's data which isn't needed for this month's report), use visual basic to write??? possible? how?
Hi... I have a foxpro program which is for producing excel reports back ended to foxpro table(.dbf). Since the table is getting bigger and bigger, it slows down my program. I need a program which can create a table archive to store last month's data which isn't needed for this month's report. Therefore, I can run that archive program once a month to save outdated data into the table archive. By doing that, I can keep my current table small. Also I will have a big accumulated backup archive table to store my old data. Thanks... Kate (yenmei20878@hotmail.com) ...

HELP: Visual Basic / Excel VBA's: Excel Thread Left on System
Hi All, I have run into a strange occurrence. Basically I want to open up an Excel file and do a save as to html (I know office automation on server is bad). I wrote a small com application to do this. Please see the code below: Option Explicit Public Function XLSTest(XLSFileName As String) Dim oXLSApp As Excel.Application Dim oXLSWB As Excel.Workbook Dim strXLSFile As String, strFullPath As String Set oXLSApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application") oXLSApp.Visible = True oXLSApp.AskToUpdateLinks = False oXLSApp.DisplayAlerts = False strFullPath = "C:\Temp\" strXLSFile = "C:\Temp\" & XLSFileName & ".xls" Set oXLSWB = oXLSApp.Workbooks.Open(FileName:=strXLSFile) ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=strFullPath & XLSFileName, _ FileFormat:=xlHtml, ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False oXLSWB.Close False Set oXLSWB = Nothing oXLSApp.Quit Set oXLSApp = Nothing End Function This com object is called from an asp page: <% ' *** Objects *** Dim oRpt Dim strFile, strPath strFile = "Test" Set oRpt = Server.CreateObject("XLSRun.XLSTest") oRpt.XLSTest(strFile) set oRpt = Nothing %> Everything works as expected (the html file(s) are created), but the strange thing is the instance of Excel is never destroyed. If you open up task manager and run the asp page you will see the instance of Exce...

Similar Visual Basic .NET's "Anchor" property in Visual Objects?
Hello to everybody, I was wondering if it's posible to design a DataWindow with controls (Single-Line Edit, Multi-Line Edit, etc) with a similar behavior that it's seen in Visual Basic .NET when using the "Anchor" property? What does the Anchor feature do? When you set the controls in VB.NET forms, you can properly resize the controls based on the size of the form. For a better explanation of what this property do (because my English is so poor), you can watch the following video: http://www.microsoft.com/seminar/shared/asp/view.asp?url=/Seminar/en/20040312VBIDE01/manifest.xml&rate=1 Thanks in advance. Best Regards, David Desmet David, VO Owner Alignment property works similar to VS "anchor" property and TableLayoutPpanel component. By the way, I cannot see this video. The screen is black. I can hear only voice. I've noticed that problem from some time. I see all online videos black. It is related only to videos which are started from internet link - (streaming?). But when I download the video (WMV file) than I can view it correctly. I do not know why. XP SP2, Windows Media Player 11, IE 7. Marek Uzytkownik "iDesmet" <idesmet.vom@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:1177687124.792751.287230@t38g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hello to everybody, > > I was wondering if it's posible to design a DataWindow with controls > (Single-Line Edit, Multi-Line ...

Help: desperately seeking Visual Basic 6.0 online help: MSDN Collection October 2001
Please help: seeking desperately Visual Basic 6.0 online help: MSDN Collection October 2001. Does someone still have this original 3 CD set? Perhaps on a FTP server? Glad to download! TIA! ...

Help: desperately seeking Visual Basic 6.0 online help: MSDN Collection October 2001 #2
Please help: seeking desperately Visual Basic 6.0 online help: MSDN Collection October 2001. Does someone still have this original 3 CD set? Perhaps on a FTP server? Glad to download! TIA! ...

Help: desperately seeking Visual Basic 6.0 online help: MSDN Collection October 2001 #3
Please help: seeking desperately Visual Basic 6.0 online help: MSDN Collection October 2001. Does someone still have this original 3 CD set? Perhaps on a FTP server? Glad to download! TIA! ...

Can't Install Visual Basic 2005 Express!!! Please help!
I cannot install Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition on my second computer (which is running Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4) because it requires Internet Explorer 6.0 Service Pack 1, which I cannot install because I do not have an Internet connection on my second computer. Can someone tell me where to get a full version of IE 6 SP1 for download that doesn't require an Internet connection on the computer it will be installed on. Please, I'm on the verge of thinking about suing Microsoft. Thanks! E Johns wrote: > I cannot install Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition on my second computer > (which is running Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4) because it > requires Internet Explorer 6.0 Service Pack 1, which I cannot install > because I do not have an Internet connection on my second computer. Can > someone tell me where to get a full version of IE 6 SP1 for download that > doesn't require an Internet connection on the computer it will be installed > on. Please, I'm on the verge of thinking about suing Microsoft. Most boxed MS products have an IE6 install on them. If you don't have one, you can get a FULL install from windows update catalog but this will most likely be larger than the "dynamic" web install version. ps, on what grounds are you planning on suing MS? -- Dean Earley (dean.earley@icode.co.uk) i-Catcher Development Team iCode Systems I wasn't planning, I meant that I was get...

[News] 'Visual Basic on Linux' Gets Better
RealBasic platform gets introspection and eyes the Web ,----[ Overview ] | The cross-platform application development tool supports Windows, Mac, and | Linux OSes and offers a similar environment to Visual Basic `---- http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/01/15/real-basic_1.html Related: First Look: REALbasic 2007 Gets Linux Support ,----[ Quote ] | The Linux standard version is currently free, while the Linux professional | version costs $500. The Windows/Mac standard version goes for $200 and the | professional version sells for $500.   `---- http://www.adtmag.com/article.aspx?...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

Help!!! Visual Basic goof
I entered a couple lines of code for a password to be entered. As part of the code, I entered: docmd.quit Well, I added that bit of code in the wrong place and no matter if I get the password correct or incorrect, Access closes....OUCH! So, I'm wondering if there is away I can access VBA to get to the code? Needless to say, a backup would have saved me! Any ideas? On 29 Aug, 14:19, Rock <jeff.wh...@amcore.com> wrote: > I entered a couple lines of code for a password to be entered. As > part of the code, I entered: > > docmd.quit > > Well, I added that bit of code in the wrong place and no matter if I > get the password correct or incorrect, Access closes....OUCH! > > So, I'm wondering if there is away I can access VBA to get to the > code? > > Needless to say, a backup would have saved me! Any ideas? if you hold down shift when opening the database, it should open up regardless of if any forms or code is set to run at start-up. you can then access the vba code window by holding down Alt and pressing F11. On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 06:19:37 -0700, Rock <jeff.white@amcore.com> wrote: At startup time hit Ctrl+Break to break into the code. It would also have been better to start your app from the AutoExec macro rather than a startup form. Then you can load the app while holding the Shift key to bypass that macro. -Tom. >I entered a couple lines of code for a password to be entered. As >part of the code, I en...

Visual Objects compared to Visual Basic and Visual C.
Who can explain me why I have to use VO instead of VB or VC? OR is is there no difference? With kind regards Rob van der Ploeg Rob, Every language has his (dis)advantages. The ones you mention are all wrappers around the Win32 API. VO is a very nice and easy language compared to VC. Data-access is famous with VO, but also memorymanagement, the cargage collector, ragged array's. and the result is fast and reliable code. You do not have to declare every variable if you do not want to. (but you will) Comparing to VB is VO a real OOP langangue where VB is not. You can write your own classes, inherit classes from VO classes or from your own classes, Overide methods, use both strong and loose typed variables, write early and late bound code VO comes with a SDK containing the sourcecode of the part of VO written in VO (almost everything except f.i. the compiler) With VO you get this newsgroup, where almost every question is answered within hours. VO has a prof. usergroup in the netherlands, check www.sdgn.nl. with very often very well organised conferences. I think it is the best organised usergroup in the world. VO is limitted to the Win32 api. A .NET version is announced, but withoot a releasedate yet. More inforrmation about VO can be found at www.cavo.com regards, Erik "Mobi-Data Helpdesk" <info@direcom.nl> schreef in bericht news:1070360435.358105@tbird.introweb.nl... > Who can explain me why I have to use...

Visual basic 6
I understand that the help files for VB 6 requires support from the MSDN library. If I were to install the MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2005 (3 Cd's), would this provide the on line help that I am seeking? Thanks, Nick > I understand that the help files for VB 6 requires support from the > MSDN library. > If I were to install the MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2005 (3 Cd's), > would this provide the on line help that I am seeking? No. The last version of MSDN to support VB6 is dated Octorber 2001. Rick Rick Rothstein [MVP - Visual Basic] wrote: > > I understand that the help files for VB 6 requires support from the > > MSDN library. > > If I were to install the MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2005 (3 Cd's), > > would this provide the on line help that I am seeking? > > No. The last version of MSDN to support VB6 is dated Octorber 2001. > > Rick Dear Rick, Thanks for your response. How or where might obtain a copy of the October 2001 version and what would be the proper title of the software? Much appreciated, Nick On 29 Dec 2005 20:20:13 -0800, "Nick" <nicholas_jp@sympatico.ca> wrote: >How or where might obtain a copy of the October 2001 version and what >would be the proper title of the software? I think that's a good question. Personally, I do own a copy of that MSDN release, but I don't think I'm authorized by the licensing to redistribute it outside my "organ...

Visual Basic 6 help files
I lost the MSDN set that came with my Visual Studio, and thus no longer have the help files. While there is a link to that material on the web it does not work with the F1 key, etc. Does anyone have an older set of the MSDN documentation disk that predate ..NET, and thus have VB6 doc, etc. If so, will you be willing to sell, share files, etc. Steve Rosen Roswell, GA ...

Please help me! VRML + Visual Basic
Hi, i'm a vrml noobie. I' trying to finish my school with a thesis based on a VB control (an ActiveX based on Map Objects), and his interation with a VRML world (i'm using Cortona Plugin). The problem is that i need to higlight in some way an element of the vrml world, from the VB ActiveX. For example: - I make a query in the 2d Environment, like "the closest restaurant from where I am" - Map Objects show me the restaurant as a red point in the map. - Clicking the red point, vrml world moves flying to the restaurant. I know it seems complicated, i hope i ex...

Visual Basic 6 Help Needed
Hi, I'm a new learner to VB 6.0. I creeated a program on VB run some test and have the data save into a predesigned data sheet that was created on MS Word. After developing, I made an executable file for the program. And double click to run the program, but I always got an error message " Run-time error '6'. Overflow". I won't get the message if I first open VB and then open the program from there. Can someone help me fixing this problem? Many thanks T On 4 Aug 2004 08:20:23 -0700, T wrote: >Hi, > >I'm a new learner to VB 6.0. I creeated a program on VB run some test >and have the data save into a predesigned data sheet that was created >on MS Word. > >After developing, I made an executable file for the program. And >double click to run the program, but I always got an error message " >Run-time error '6'. Overflow". I won't get the message if I first open >VB and then open the program from there. "Overflow" means you're trying to assign a value to a variable that is too high/low. For example, an integer can only do the range -32,768 to +32,767 - try to assign, say, &h10000 (+32,768), you'll get an overflow. You may need to step through your code (in the IDE) and see what's happening. Oh, and you may want to munge your email address when posting to Usenet. -- auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com ***** She's...

Visual Basic Interpreters--What's Up?
It's been quite awhile since I used VB, and then it was with Excel. I need to write some code in it, and am wondering if there's a free-bee interpreter/compiler for it. I found <http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vb/>, but haven't downloaded it. I think there are others. Any comments on the freeness of this and other similar VB interpreters? My needs are not great, so I don't need lots of bells and whistles. I take it that .vbs files are really just VB code, and the idea of the S for script is nothing more than an indication that the file has interpretable VB source code in it, right? I would guess there is not .vb suffix in use. It seems to me that the VB interpreter came on the scene about 10 or more years ago, and got replaced by something like NET. Does NET just embody in VG interp and add some bells and whistles? Is VB still popular among BASIC folks, or is there now a VB++ or some other bizarre incarnation? Maybe Python has taken over the world. -- Wayne Watson (Nevada City, CA) Web Page: <speckledwithStars.net> On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:43:45 GMT, "W. Watson" <wolf_tracks@invalid.com> wrote: >It's been quite awhile since I used VB, and then it was with Excel. I need >to write some code in it, and am wondering if there's a free-bee >interpreter/compiler for it. I found ><http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vb/>, but hav...

microsoft visual basic coding help!
I am trying to code a project I am doing. I was wondering if anyone has don= e exercise 10 for chapter 17 in the Clearly Visual Basic Zak book fir 2010.= It is also the same as exercise 8 for chapter 18 in the Clearly Visual Bas= ic Zak book for 2008. It is the doughnut shopper project. Here is what it s= ays: The Doughnut Shoppe sells four varities of doughnuts: Glazed ($.65), Sugar = ($.65), Chocolate ($.85), and Filled ($1.00). It also sells regular coffee = ($1.80) and cappuccino ($2.50). The store manager wants an application tat = she can use to calculate and display a customer's total, 3% sales tax, and = total due. a. Create a new Visual Basic Windows application. Name the solution, projec= t, and form file Doughnut Shoppe Solution, Doughnut Shoppe Project, and frm= Main.vb, respectively. Save the application in the ClearlyVB\Chap18 folder.= If necessary, change the form's name to frmMain. b. Create the interface shown in Figure 18-13. c. Code the application. Use on function to calculate and return the cost o= f the doughnut. Use another function to calculate and return the cost of th= e coffee. Use a third function to calculate and return the 3% sales tax. Us= e a sub procedure to clear the subtotal, sales tax, and total due amounts w= hen a radio button is clicked. d. Save the solution, then start and test the application. Stop the applica= tion, then close the solution. I have the picture on here but it won't let m...

Help needed with a Visual Basic Designer Module
I recently was hired to do some development on an old Visual Basic 6.0 program that several different consultants had worked on from time to time. When I tried to open the source code project, it worked fine for the most part until it tried to open up one of the Designer Module objects. The error message I received is as follows: Line 2: Class {C0E45035-5775-11D0-B388-00A0C9055D8E} of control DE was not a loaded control class. Line 0: The file C:\KCBM\DE.Dsr could not be loaded. I'm not a VB expert, but I believe it wouldn't open due to one or missing registry entries as the other Designer Modules that did open successfully all seemed to having corresponding entires in the registry. My questions are as follows: 1) Is there a way of manually reconstructing the required registry entries needed in order to be able to open this object successfully? 2) Would this registry entry likely be on the person's computer that most recently did any of the development work? 3) If this entry does exist on the prior developer's PC and they refuse to provide me with it (as there was some bad blood between the company and the devloper) do I have any other options or workaround? It should also be noted that I was able to manually edit the source code for the object (with notepad) but it's about 239K in size. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Christopher syclone98@hotmail.com I am not familiar with the error you describe but so please...

Visual Basic class any help for learning VBA
I am not sure which would be the best place to post this question, so I'm posing it here with Access general questions. I have reached the point many times in Word and in Access where my ignorance of VBA is a real detriment to me. I saw some posts about VBA classes with a particular vendor and the poster was advised not to take the class because of the likelihood of an unskilled trainer. My question is, would taking a Visual Basic class be of any assistance to me or is that really a very different animal from VBA? Several people mentioned buying VBA books but I find that I'm not disciplined enough to just sit and read that type of book. Thanks for any advice you can give me. Ann -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com "Ann Scharpf via AccessMonster.com" <u16643@uwe> wrote in message news:5d368b447cc89@uwe... >I am not sure which would be the best place to post this question, so I'm > posing it here with Access general questions. I have reached the point > many > times in Word and in Access where my ignorance of VBA is a real detriment > to > me. I saw some posts about VBA classes with a particular vendor and the > poster was advised not to take the class because of the likelihood of an > unskilled trainer. > > My question is, would taking a Visual Basic class be of any assistance to > me > or is that really a very different animal from VBA? Several people > mentioned > buying ...

Please Help ... Visual Basic controlling other programs
I can use either VB6 or .Net running under WinXP. What I'd like to do is to open a program from my program, and be able to "click" buttons in the other program, and to "type" text into input fields. The other program is a freeware video clip frame grabber, that generates contact sheets of photos. I'd need to enter path/filename information, click the "Start" button, change numbers in input fields for number of pictures across/down on the contact sheet, and detect when the program finishes. Would I use Windows API functions for these tasks? Is this even possible? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Forte Agent wrote: > I can use either VB6 or .Net running under WinXP. What I'd like to do > is to open a program from my program, and be able to "click" buttons > in the other program, and to "type" text into input fields. The other > program is a freeware video clip frame grabber, that generates contact > sheets of photos. I'd need to enter path/filename information, click > the "Start" button, change numbers in input fields for number of > pictures across/down on the contact sheet, and detect when the program > finishes. Yes, it's possible, although it can be a bit convoluted finding the right control on the other app. Also, you cannot access label controls on the other app. Fortunately, I only ever needed to push buttons and readfrom/sendto textboxes. > Would I us...

Need Help for Basic of Human Visual System?
Why choosing 4 levels Decomposition in wavelet transform in Human Visual System (HVS)? Is it possible to choose 2 levels? Why choosing detail subband in wavelet transform in HVS. Is it possible to choose low frequency subband? Thanks in Advance. ...

Visual Basic 6 Media Player Help.....
me and my friend made a media player and we need to know if there is anyway to make a visualisation for it. On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 10:49:21 -0800, Jammersplace wrote: > me and my friend made a media player and we need to know if there is anyway > to make a visualisation for it. Yes there is a way to make one. If you understand the concept of decoding complex media formats than applying some mathematical function to derive something visual should be pretty easy. If its audio: 1. Take a frame 2. decode it 3. process it (check amplitude, phase, freq, whatever) 4. apply your visual algorithm to the data 5. display it If you're looking for a "visualization creator" you're out of luck. Its essentially applying math to the incoming data. -James ...

Visual Basic Help error in Access 2000
I am a beginner, using Access 2000. I am having difficulty with the Visual Basic Help. Specifically, using the Index tab, when I enter "OpenRecordset" in the keyword field and click the Search button, 18 topics are displayed. But when I click (or double click) on a topic, the information display does not change. This is the only keyword I have found that does this, the others I have used work fine. Unfortunately, I need help on this topic. I used the Help|Detect and Repair... menu selection to be sure it was not an installation problem. I went to the Microsoft Office Update site and installed all recommended updates. Is there anything I can do? Paul Core Corepaul wrote: > I am a beginner, using Access 2000. > > I am having difficulty with the Visual Basic Help. Specifically, > using the Index tab, when I enter "OpenRecordset" in the keyword > field and click the Search button, 18 topics are displayed. But when > I click (or double click) on a topic, the information display does > not change. > > This is the only keyword I have found that does this, the others I > have used work fine. Unfortunately, I need help on this topic. > > I used the Help|Detect and Repair... menu selection to be sure it was > not an installation problem. I went to the Microsoft Office Update > site and installed all recommended updates. > > Is there anything I can do? > > Paul Core Probably not, I have similar problems a...

SQL Between with Dates and Visual Basic
I have an sql query that finds dates between two specified dates Query works fine with start date that is it starts printing o retrieving records from the specified start date but it does no recognises the enddate that is it proceed further ahead the enddate em using vb6 and MS Access 200 here is my quer Source = "Select * from [FEA_List_From_Carpenters] where [Transactio Date] Between #" & strFromDate & "# And #" & strToDat & "# ORDER BY [Transaction Date] Please help!!! : That approach should work if the dates are formatted mm/dd/yyyy. Use the Format() function to load the dates into the strings in that format, e.g.: strFromDate = Format(Date(), "mm\/dd\/yyyy") strToDate = Format(Date() + 6, "mm\/dd\/yyyy") -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "rxkhan" <ramzan.khan@exxonmobil-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:FKCdnXCxcenG1ULfRVn_vA@giganews.com... >I have an sql query that finds dates between two specified dates. > Query works fine with start date that is it starts printing or > retrieving records from the specified start date but it does not > recognises the enddate that is it proceed further ahead the enddate. > > em using vb6 and MS Access 2002 > > here is my query > > Source = "Select * from...

Web resources about - How to get Visual Basic Help? That's HELP not Piles of information. - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information (shortened as info or info. ) is that which informs, i.e. an answer to a question, as well as that from which knowledge and data ...

InformationWeek – Latest Information Technology (IT) news & IT articles - Technology news - IT magazine ...
InformationWeek provides latest Information technology (IT) news online & articles and publishes latest tech news & IT magazine for Indian IT ...

Tiahleigh Palmer murder: Police launch fresh appeal for information
The detective in charge of the hunt for Tiahleigh Palmer's murderers has launched a fresh appeal for information in the wake of the search of ...

Family of Raymond and Jennie Kehlet plead for information into couple’s death and disappearance - PerthNow ...
... family of former prospectors Raymond and Jennie Kehlet — one found dead in a mine shaft, the other missing — are pleading for anyone with information ...

Apple Has Problems with Its Cloud Infrastructure, Says The Information
... reports last week Apple ( AAPL ) has started using Alphabet ’s ( GOOGL ) Google division for some cloud computing infrastructure, The Information ...

The European Commission wants more information on Apple's tax affairs in Ireland
The European Commission has asked tax authorities in Ireland for additional information on Apple's tax affairs in the country, according to The ...

Your Prescription Information Isn’t Really Private
Who sees your prescription information? No, there are more people involved than just the pharmacists and technicians at your local drugstore ...

NEJM Responds to Allegations Its Correspondent Reported Confidential, Inaccurate Patient Information
The subject of a recent New England Journal of Medicine essay claims that its physician author traded on inside information about the subject's ...