How to give print command to netwok printer and default printer togather

Hi all

I have developed on desktop application in Visual Basic for Hotel
Management and my client requires multiple printing options here I
have multiple printers first default printer which directly connected
with source PC other one is in network.

The situation is when user give the print command he must be select
one respective printer which is in network and secondary printer is
default printer which directly connected with source PC now if he give
print command, print job should be done by both printers (first
Respective selected network printer and default printer)

Could any one give me code for it or suggest me how can I possible.

Thanks.

On 21 May, 07:52, Neeraj <neeraj....@gmail.com> wrote:

> . . . when user give the print command he must be select
> one respective printer which is in network and secondary
> printer is default printer which directly connected with
> source PC now if he give print command, print job should
> be done by both printers (first Respective selected network
> printer and default printer)

Just present the user with a print dialog so that he can choose
whatever printer he wishes to use and then have your code print your
stuff to the selected printer and then print the same print job to the
current system default printer (if it is different). WQhich part are
you having problems with? By the way, what version of VB are you
using, and how are you currently printing your stuff?

Mike

0
gagamomo (627)
5/21/2007 2:35:38 PM
Mike Williams wrote:
> On 21 May, 07:52, Neeraj <neeraj....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> . . . when user give the print command he must be select
>> one respective printer which is in network and secondary
>> printer is default printer which directly connected with
>> source PC now if he give print command, print job should
>> be done by both printers (first Respective selected network
>> printer and default printer)
>
> Just present the user with a print dialog so that he can choose
> whatever printer he wishes to use and then have your code print your
> stuff to the selected printer and then print the same print job to the
> current system default printer (if it is different). WQhich part are
> you having problems with? By the way, what version of VB are you
> using, and how are you currently printing your stuff?

Mike...

I think he meant letting the user select two printers, and
send a copy to each...

--
Dag.

0
me3469 (798)
5/21/2007 8:32:43 PM
On 21 May, 21:32, "Dag Sunde" <m...@dagsunde.com> wrote:

> Mike... I think he meant letting the user
> select two printers, and send a copy to each...

Yes. You could be right there, Dag. I read it as though he wanted to
allow the user to select only one printer and to then send the print
job both to the selected printer and to the current default printer.
If he instead wants to allow the user to select two printers then he
would be better off presenting the user with two separate dialogs, one
immediately after the other, and sending the print job to both of them
separately after the user has closed the second dialog. Either way he
has got to send the print job to both printers, whatever he does.

Personally I would suggest using two separate CommonDialog Controls
(both using the cdlPDReturnDC flag)and storing both DCs in two
standard Long variables, so that when the user closes the second
dialog your code has two DCs to work with, and I would print to each
of those DCs using the various API printing and drawing methods after
the second dialog has been closed. In this way the user will have full
control over the various settings of both printers, which will enable
him to set both of them up exactly as he requires, and your printing
code will leave the original default printer and its original settings
completely unchanged.

Anyway, perhaps he'll get back and let us know exactly what it is he
wants to do, and what method he is currently using to do the printing.
And, of course, most importantly, what "version"(!) of VB he is
using :-)

Mike

0
gagamomo (627)
5/22/2007 6:55:02 AM
I have done this before almost the same a this question. I have placed my
printers in a INI file. When the user hits the print button then I read the
INI file with GetPrivateProfileString, set the printer user the printer
collection, print the document and then get the next printer and do the same
with the rest of the printers.

"Mike Williams" <gagamomo@yahoo.co.uk> schreef in bericht
> On 21 May, 21:32, "Dag Sunde" <m...@dagsunde.com> wrote:
>
>> Mike... I think he meant letting the user
>> select two printers, and send a copy to each...
>
> Yes. You could be right there, Dag. I read it as though he wanted to
> allow the user to select only one printer and to then send the print
> job both to the selected printer and to the current default printer.
> If he instead wants to allow the user to select two printers then he
> would be better off presenting the user with two separate dialogs, one
> immediately after the other, and sending the print job to both of them
> separately after the user has closed the second dialog. Either way he
> has got to send the print job to both printers, whatever he does.
>
> Personally I would suggest using two separate CommonDialog Controls
> (both using the cdlPDReturnDC flag)and storing both DCs in two
> standard Long variables, so that when the user closes the second
> dialog your code has two DCs to work with, and I would print to each
> of those DCs using the various API printing and drawing methods after
> the second dialog has been closed. In this way the user will have full
> control over the various settings of both printers, which will enable
> him to set both of them up exactly as he requires, and your printing
> code will leave the original default printer and its original settings
> completely unchanged.
>
> Anyway, perhaps he'll get back and let us know exactly what it is he
> wants to do, and what method he is currently using to do the printing.
> And, of course, most importantly, what "version"(!) of VB he is
> using :-)
>
> Mike

0
tnieuw (42)
6/1/2007 1:18:58 PM
On 1 Jun, 14:18, "tim" <tni...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have done this before almost the same a this
> question. I have placed my printers in a INI
> file. When the user hits the print button then
> I read the INI file with GetPrivateProfileString,
> set the printer user the printer collection, print
> the document and then get the next printer and
> do the same with the rest of the printers.

Much depends on what the OP actually wants to do. In his original post
he used the phrase, "select one respective printer" so I assume that
he wants to present the user with at least one dialog. He also said
that he then wanted an additional print to be sent to the current
default printer, which of course does not require you to present
another dialog or to store any printer details. However, his question
is slighty ambiguous and so I asked him to elaborate, but so far the
OP has failed to do so. I muist admit that I find the OP's lack of
response slightly annoying. It almost puts one off answering questions
at all, and it certainly puts me off answering any further questions
from the same person :-(

Mike

0
gagamomo (627)

ATTAC "On the Fly printing" printing to default printer regardless of printer choice in dialog box.
Our application has used this PrintersClass module for some time without a problem but some new Toughbooks have caused problems. We use laser printers, usually the default choice, and some label printers. The label printers use the Seagull Scientific print drivers. The new notebooks will not print to the selected label printers even though the default printer for the report comes up in the dialog box as the selected printer. Even if you redundantly select this label printer again, before selecting print, you get the label printed to the user profile's default printer instead of the selected label printer. The drivers for the label printers are in the user profile and this class module functions fine on other systems. The form USYS_PRINTDLG is contained in the current database. We use a specific printer in this report page setup because the layout for the labels is so different than for any other reports in the application. I've stepped through the code and somewhere the UseDefaultPrinter variable is getting set to true. Any suggestions will be appreciated. ...

Queue of printer cycles, but printer does not print
Hi, we have two printers in our network, both connected to a different computer. When installed, they worked well, but now and then they refuse to print and they show a strange bahaviour. When looking in the Queue (Spooler), the print jobs are cycling. So, the first becomes the last while the second becomes the first, thirt becomes second, etc When we restart the computer, the printer starts printing, just befor shutdown. We Run XP-pro. Any ideas????? Thanks, Ben By the way, it is an old panasonic matrix printer (used for labels) and a HP officejet HP 1170c, both connected to a parallel port. Greetz, Ben "Ben de Vette" <Ben.de.Vette@profiler.nl> wrote in message news:bth135$217$1@news1.tilbu1.nb.home.nl... > Hi, > > we have two printers in our network, both connected to a different computer. > When installed, they worked well, but now and then they refuse to print and > they show a strange bahaviour. > > When looking in the Queue (Spooler), the print jobs are cycling. > So, the first becomes the last while the second becomes the first, thirt > becomes second, etc > > When we restart the computer, the printer starts printing, just befor > shutdown. > We Run XP-pro. > > Any ideas????? > > Thanks, > Ben > > ...

change default printer to network printer
Guys, I need help . I am using vb5. I am try to print one report @ two different location. 1) is default and 2) is on network. I am trying to set network printer as default for second time. The program was written in win98 and it is working good. but we are try to update all the computers for XP. Thanks for help Bharat Parekh *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** You can grab my printer swtich code here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal ...

Printing on the default printer
The following sample doesn't print. The default printer receives the print data but then errors out. I tried with PDFCreator and with a real printer. Any ideas? FUNCTION MAIN() SET CONSOLE OFF SET PRINTER TO PRN SET PRINTER ON ? "It will not work... :-(" EJECT SET PRINTER OFF SET PRINTER TO SET CONSOLE ON RETURN NIL EMG -- EMAG Software Homepage: http://www.emagsoftware.it The EMG Music page: http://www.emagsoftware.it/emgmusic The EMG's ZX-Spectrum Page: http://www.emagsoftware.it/spectrum The B...

After the default printer has been changed by code in Access 2003, the application still directs a report to the former default printer.
Could someone please help? I am using the 'defaultprt.zip' tool provided by Ken Getz to change the default printer via VBA code (code below). My problem is that once the default printer has been changed, Access 2003 still directs the report to the former default printer. Access 2003 picks up the new default printer setting only after I have reopened the application. I have checked the default printer setting in the OS control panel and the code works well. This problem also occurs when an Access 2003 application is open and one changes the default printer manually in the control panel (Windows 2000). To me it seems that Access 2003 picks up the default printer setting once at Application Start-up only. Is there a way that I can force Access to "refresh" the default printer after I have changed it by code without closing/reopening the application? THANKS Code to SET DEFAULT PRINTER by Ken Getz: Option Compare Database 'Use database order for string comparisons Option Explicit ' Code from: ' Microsoft Access 95 How-To ' (c) 1998 Ken Getz and Paul Litwin ' All rights reserved. ' You may only use this code as part of an application ' that requires its use. You must including this ' notice intact. You may not distribute the code ' as your own work, nor can you distribute the ' code on its own. Private Function BuildName(dr As aht_tagDeviceRec) As Variant ' Build up the string in the format: ' HP Lase...

I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true?
I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true? "Enda80" <fasb80@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a1ec1b40-d0e7-4824-aa7d-c968a5a6a654@z66g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put > it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt > the > printer. Is this true? I did it once and the printer was so hurt it bawled like a baby for 15 minutes! "Enda80&qu...

using the printer object, how do I tell what my default printer is
I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings so I'm thinking this will set the prt object to my default printer Dim prt As Printer Set prt = Application.Printers(0) but it doesn't and application.printers.count correct shows that I have eight possible printers so I could cycle through them if there was a prt property for 'default printer' but I can't find one is there a way to do this ? On Nov 9, 5:19=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote: > I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings > so I'm thinking this will set the prt object to my default printer > > =A0 =A0 Dim prt As Printer > =A0 =A0 Set prt =3D Application.Printers(0) > > but it doesn't > and application.printers.count correct shows that I have eight > possible printers > so I could cycle through them if there was a prt property for 'default > printer' =A0but I can't find one > > is there a way to do this ? looks like this will do it application.Printer.DeviceName and application.printer also has a rightMargin setting so ?application.printer.RightMargin 360 how does 360 relate to a 1" margin if I change the margin using application.Printer.RightMargin =3D 200 will it apply to any reports that are printed or export to pdf (access2010) On Nov 9, 6:27=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote: > On Nov 9, 5:19=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote: ...

Printer Ink
Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill - Hi, I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill. I already have some information about Printer Ink on the website - www.Printer-Ink.biz; what I am looking for is pictures and diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge and printer ink refill work for the www.Printer-ink.biz website. Specifically, I am looking for good pictures of printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer refill in action, maybe in a ink jet printer or laser printer - however, diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer ink refill work in a laser printer, ink jet printer, or even dot matrix printer might be interesting as well. Please only send your own images - with your pictures, please include permission to post them on www.Printer-Ink.biz . Images to pics@Printer-Ink.biz . Thank you, info@Printer-Ink.biz Subject : Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill for www.Printer-Ink.biz flrealbot@yahoo.com wrote: > Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink > Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill > - > > Hi, > > > I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on > Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink ...

Printing to a non-default printer
Mainly I need help with the code required to write to a printer other than the default Windows printer. Also I could use help with the following related issue: I have an app that runs 24/7, keeping track of production. Every time a unit of production (a foam Block) is weighed on a scale, the app adds a record to an Access table containing all pertinent data. This app has been running pretty much flawlessly for over 6 years. I need to add the capability of printing a label with every scale hit. The PC that the app runs on also creates reports on a different printer throughout the day from various report applications. I don=92t know the best way to assign a Windows default printer anymore. Do I want to keep the report printer as the Windows default printer and tell the Label code to print on the label printer with every scale hit, or do I want to do it the other way around (since the labeling app runs 24/7)? Thank very much in advance, once again. Jake jake <peppy54@yahoo.com>'s wild thoughts were released on Tue, 14 Apr 2009 18:54:42 -0700 (PDT) bearing the following fruit: >Mainly I need help with the code required to write to a printer other >than the default Windows printer. > >Also I could use help with the following related issue: > >I have an app that runs 24/7, keeping track of production. Every time >a unit of production (a foam Block) is weighed on a scale, the app >adds a record to an Access table containing all pertinen...

HP PSC 1600 Printer sets to default printer
I have a HP PSC 1600 printer that I use at home and for some reason this printer also is set to be my default printer. When I try to change another printer to be my default printer, the other printer will show as being the new default printer, but when I go home again and connect to the HP PSC 1600, this printer HP PSC 1600 again takes over as the default printer. Is there a way for the HP PSC 1600 printer not to take control of being my default printer? ...

A Virtual Printer That Lets You Print Big Posters With ANY Printer
I want to announce a utility program I've published -- free software, GPL, this is not a commercial advertisement (and I don't ask for donations either) -- for the creation of posters . I think it could make it much easier for all kinds of interest groups to communicate their message. Basically, you can create a poster from anything you can print to a single page on your normal printer. The poster can be big -- 5 feet, or more, on a side, if you want. You can use any application to make it. You can grab an image from the internet using your web browser, for example. ...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Print from sas to default printer
Hello, I have a macro that produces many reports through a loop in html ods format Is there a way to instruct sas to print the html output to the default driver (a pdf one) in each iteration? For some reasons I don't want to use ods pdf Thanks Avi ...

Print to Windows default Printer
I am new to Python and I am having considerable trouble trying to print (using a simple script) to the default printer rather than the screen. Thanks for any help. S Samantha wrote: > I am new to Python and I am having considerable trouble trying to print > (using a simple script) to the default printer rather than the screen. > Thanks for any help. Please show some example code, and explain in more detail what you are trying to do. There are perhaps *dozens* of different ways to do printing under Windows, and we can't guess which approach you are trying, nor which might b...

How to send native printer commands (escape codes) directly to the printer ?
Hi all, How can I do it in Java , access printer port and send native printer commands (escape codes) directly to the printer ? Thank you very much, Krist In article <b2dd949a-09c1-490b-9519-f32da4bfcac7@u25g2000prh.googlegroups.com>, Krist <krislioe@gmail.com> wrote: > How can I do it in Java , access printer port and send native printer > commands (escape codes) directly to the printer ? You might look at RxTx: <http://rxtx.qbang.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ> -- John B. Matthews trashgod at gmail dot com <http://sites.google.com/site/drjohnbmatthews> On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 03:50:26 -0800, Krist wrote: > Hi all, > > How can I do it in Java , access printer port and send native printer > commands (escape codes) directly to the printer ? > (a) Use a socket connection to send the escape codes to a tiny C program that copies bytes from the socket to the parallel port. (b) Use a socket to talk directly to a network capable (IPP) printer. (c) Similar to (b) but talk to an IPP-aware print spooler, e.g. CUPS. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | Krist wrote: > Hi all, > > How can I do it in Java , access printer port and send native printer > commands (escape codes) directly to the printer ? 1) It is possible to break this problem into two parts: You can use Java to write a "text" file that contains text with printer...

Default printer command at DOS prompt
Hi all, Can I modify the printer default printer from lpt1 to lpt2 at the dos prompt? Useage is to run a printer utilities programme from the DOS prompt where the printer is physically attached to lpt2. I have tried using "lpt2" as a parameter with the programme. I have tried various renditions of the MODE command. I have tried running from within clipper after issuing "set printer to lpt2". I can of course change the plug across, but I need do do it off the lpt2 if possible. Thanks for reading, Gavin Cahill - Sydney Gavin > Can I modify the printer default print...

Command Line Set Default Printer
Is there a DOS command to set the default printer at the Command Line (CMD)? E.g. SET DEFAULT <PrinterName> Cheers, Leslie ...

printing file/image on default Printer
Hi, I search how "I" can printing file/image with a script but the user (who use my script) must DO NOTHING (other that dealing with my GUI). e.g. : with AdobeAcrobat, the user must click "ok" in the "pre"printing windows. My solutions, but NOT ok : - Build a .pdf (with reportLab) and print with Adode - Build a image file and print it with "DisplayImage.py" but don't work (error raised) (note : the OS, for my problem, is just Windows) Someone have a other idea/solution? Askari Askari wrote: > Hi, > I search how "I" can printing file/image with a script but the user (who > use my script) must DO NOTHING (other that dealing with my GUI). e.g. : > with AdobeAcrobat, the user must click "ok" in the "pre"printing windows. > > My solutions, but NOT ok : > - Build a .pdf (with reportLab) and print with Adode > - Build a image file and print it with "DisplayImage.py" but don't work > (error raised) > > (note : the OS, for my problem, is just Windows) > > Someone have a other idea/solution? > > Askari Take as look at wxPython, which has a brilliant demo. One of the demo programs shows you how you can drive a printer from Python using the standard Windows print dialog (which is what I presume you are seeking). regards Steve -- http://www.holdenweb.com http://pydish.holdenweb.com Holden Web LLC +1 800 494 3119 Steve Hold...

Printing from richtextbox resets default printer !
I' am using this piece of code to print text from my Richtextbox: '*********************************************** dlgPrint.Flags = cdlPDReturnDC + cdlPDNoPageNums If rtbOverzicht.SelLength = 0 Then dlgPrint.Flags = dlgPrint.Flags + cdlPDAllPages Else dlgPrint.Flags = dlgPrint.Flags + cdlPDSelection End If dlgPrint.ShowPrinter rtbOverzicht.SelPrint dlgPrint.hDC '*********************************************** It works just fine, but after printing the text, the def...

HELP: Can printer switch box cause printers to print garbage?
Hey folks, I have a customer who has 2 printers connected to a Belkin Data switch box, which in turn is connected to his computer. Whenever he wants to print to printer A, he turns the knob on the switch box to A, then print. Same for printer B. Printer B seems to spit out garbage characters. Previously, he had an older printer(on B) doing the same thing on this switch box and i thought the issue was a bad printer. So i had him get a new printer, but this still occurs. I re-installed the printer driver also, but this still occurs. The other printer doesn't have this problem. I am thinking it might be the printer switch box doing this. Any opinions? Does it have anything to do with EPP or ECP settings in BIOS? BTW, the OS is Windows NT 4.0. Thanks for any help!! Why didn't you try replacing the switch? That is the only thing in common with all of these failures. Jim "Zylan" <zcarenow@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:447f7d3e.0402111554.16d04cbc@posting.google.com... > Hey folks, > I have a customer who has 2 printers connected to a Belkin Data switch > box, which in turn is connected to his computer. Whenever he wants to > print to printer A, he turns the knob on the switch box to A, then > print. Same for printer B. Printer B seems to spit out garbage > characters. Previously, he had an older printer(on B) doing the same > thing on this switch box and i thought the issue was a bad printer. So > i had hi...

report object property 2C whether specific printer or default printer?
Access 97 Q: Can I examine a report object property setting in VBA and tell whether the report is setup to print to a specific printer or to the windows default printer? You know, the setting you see in the little window that appears when you open report in design view, click File, Page Setup, the Page tab (middle one). There's a little 2-radio button option group there allowing me to choose (1) default printer or (2) user specific printer. I'd like to cycle through all my printers and determine the setting programatically. Ideas? Could you store the value in the Tag property of the report? Or in a table and grab the value when you are going to print the report by using a variation of D/TLookup? Then if you leave the tag value blank, it'll use the default printer. On 24 Sep 2006 20:57:50 -0700, pietlinden@hotmail.com wrote: >Could you store the value in the Tag property of the report? Or in a >table and grab the value when you are going to print the report by >using a variation of D/TLookup? > >Then if you leave the tag value blank, it'll use the default printer. Thx. That would work, sure enough, for future reports created. Of course, so would making sure all reports created henceforth are done so with the windows default printer selection set. I'm in need of checking the setting on 50+ reports that have already been created 'n saved. Done! Had ot use a windoze macro generator to automate the process and had to watch it thro...

Command-line/Applescript printer creation
I'm trying to script adding a printer but am have trouble finding the PPD. A sample script references the ppd file as "laserjet.ppd" but it appears that HP's PPDs are all named "printer_model.gz". The script is completing but the new printer doesn't have the correct driver if I use "printer.gz". Any suggestions? Are the .gz files the new format for printer PPDs? Thanks. A bit late... ["Followup-To:" alt.comp.lang.applescript] L wrote at 2005-08-25 in <news:Xns96BCF388362C5lnllnllnllnlorginval@216.196.97.131> > I'm trying t...

Printing a document in the default network printer under Windows
Hi all: I'm getting mad trying to find the way for making a standard document (Word file, Postscript document, JPEG file...) to be sent/printed in the default network printer from a python script that runs on Win2K. Any idea? Thanks in advance. Maravilloso ...

Web resources about - How to give print command to netwok printer and default printer togather - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

ToGather.Asia
by Figure8 Agency Music, Jakarta The Trees & The Wild are seeking your support to fund their mini-tour in Europe, taking place after their ...

Crowdsource book tours and host author events - Togather.com
Togather connects authors and fans. Authors can meet with readers nationwide and fans can create author events and host authors in their town. ...

Huge Labs: Togather
... Huge Labs, an incubator type section of successful digital agency Huge. Check out the freshly released trailer for their first venture: Togather. ...

Togather: Crowdsourcing Author Appearances
New start-up Togather aims to solve a vexatious problem faced by authors, publishers and fans: how to get critical mass for author appearances. ...

Cable shopping channel QVC launches toGather, a Pinterest-like social network
... from launching a social network of its very own. After a summer of testing with beta users, the company on Monday officially launched toGather ...

Togather Helps Authors Connect With Readers IRL
AUSTIN — After Andrew Kessler published his book Martian Summer , the story of the year he spent shadowing NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander mission, ...

Togather Releases Tool to ‘Fansource’ Author Events
Togather Releases Tool to ‘Fansource’ Author Events

Huge Launches Togather To Help Authors Promote Books
... the agency is launching a start-up it believes will help authors (and their fans) do much more effective self-promotion of their works. Togather ...

Togather: A new crowdsourcing platform that brings audiences and authors together
Started out of Huge Inc’s secretive Labs program, Togather is a new platform that wants to empower authors to book (and fill) talks, signings ...

Startup Togather thinks crowdsourcing is key to profitable author book tours
... that “fewer author tours and changes in book marketing budgets have made our company financially unviable.” Now Brooklyn-based startup Togather ...