Mailing Attachments

I've got an app which creates one or more output files. The users want
to e-mail the files once the export is complete. The output file names
and locations are not fixed.

They want to choose the recipient from their Outlook address book and
then type in a message before the message is sent.

My first idea was to use mailto and crank up a blank message with the
files already attached, but the protocol doesn't support attachments
from what I've been able to tell.

I guess could build my own message entry screen, then use MAPI to send
the message with the attachments, but that seems like I'm reinventing
the wheel.

Maybe I could script something in Outlook, but getting an app
installed and working on all their variations of Outlook and Outlook
Express isn't too appealing either.

What simple solution am I missing?

kenwebster@carolina.rr.com (Ken Webster) wrote:

>I've got an app which creates one or more output files. The users want
>to e-mail the files once the export is complete. The output file names
>and locations are not fixed.
>
>They want to choose the recipient from their Outlook address book and
>then type in a message before the message is sent.
>
>My first idea was to use mailto and crank up a blank message with the
>files already attached, but the protocol doesn't support attachments
>from what I've been able to tell.
>
>I guess could build my own message entry screen, then use MAPI to send
>the message with the attachments, but that seems like I'm reinventing
>the wheel.
>
>Maybe I could script something in Outlook, but getting an app
>installed and working on all their variations of Outlook and Outlook
>Express isn't too appealing either.
>
>What simple solution am I missing?

Create your own outgoing mail app with an SMTP control, such as the free one
from www.ostrosoft.com.

More about me: http://www.jecarter.com/
VB3/VB6/C/PowerBasic source code: http://www.jecarter.com/programs.html
Freeware for the Palm with NS Basic source code: http://nsb.jecarter.com
Drivers for Pablo graphics tablet and JamCam cameras: http://home.earthlink.net/~mwbt/
Email here: http://www.jecarter.com/contactme.htm
0
look4195 (109)
9/1/2004 9:58:10 PM
"Ken Webster" <kenwebster@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message
> I've got an app which creates one or more output files. The users want
> to e-mail the files once the export is complete. The output file names
> and locations are not fixed.
>
> They want to choose the recipient from their Outlook address book and
> then type in a message before the message is sent.
>
> My first idea was to use mailto and crank up a blank message with the
> files already attached, but the protocol doesn't support attachments
> from what I've been able to tell.
>
> I guess could build my own message entry screen, then use MAPI to send
> the message with the attachments, but that seems like I'm reinventing
> the wheel.
>
> Maybe I could script something in Outlook, but getting an app
> installed and working on all their variations of Outlook and Outlook
> Express isn't too appealing either.
>
> What simple solution am I missing?

You can use MAPI to bring up a message entry window too, at least with
Outlook and OE.  You pass a flag... I think it's MAPI_DIALOG to
MAPISendMail().  This actually causes it to bring up a normal email window.

Using the MAPI classes available on my site
(http://www.constantthought.com/file10/ I think), it's as simple as:

Dim Message As New CEmailMessage
Message.ShowDialog = True ' Turns on the message window
Message.AddAttachment "<Filename 1>"
Message.AddAttachment "<Filename 2>"
Message.SendMail

If there isn't a default MAPI client set up, you may also want to do a
Message.Logon "" which should display the MAPI logon dialog.

Hope that helps.

Murphy
www.ConstantThought.com

0
MurphyAt (87)
9/1/2004 11:05:19 PM
kenwebster@carolina.rr.com (Ken Webster)'s wild thoughts
were released on 1 Sep 2004 13:44:06 -0700 bearing the
following fruit:

>I've got an app which creates one or more output files. The users want
>to e-mail the files once the export is complete. The output file names
>and locations are not fixed.
>
>They want to choose the recipient from their Outlook address book and
>then type in a message before the message is sent.
>
>My first idea was to use mailto and crank up a blank message with the
>files already attached, but the protocol doesn't support attachments
>from what I've been able to tell.
>
>I guess could build my own message entry screen, then use MAPI to send
>the message with the attachments, but that seems like I'm reinventing
>the wheel.
>
>Maybe I could script something in Outlook, but getting an app
>installed and working on all their variations of Outlook and Outlook
>Express isn't too appealing either.
>
>What simple solution am I missing?

If I understand you, you want to open a blank email with
files already attached?

If so you can achieve this with the MAPI controls very
easily.

Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

--
I bought a no-stick frying pan, which is superflous as I do not eat sticks anyway.

(Jimmy Snibbler)

[Abolish the TV License - http://www.tvlicensing.biz/]

Sending an e-mail from Visual Basic (Visual Studio 2008)
I have a program I developed with Visual Basic 6.0 that will send off an e-mail using the VBSENDMAIL function http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=109 Unfortunately VBSENDMAIL doesnt not support SSL. I recently aquired a copy of Visual Studio 2008 and would like to upgrade the program I developed under Visual Basic 6.0 in Visual Studio 2008. Is there a convenient method for a program to fire off an e-mail in Visual Studio 2008 that supports SMTP servers that use SSL? Thanks On 29 Mar, 06:45, piclist...@yahoo.com wrote: > I recently aquired a copy of Visual Studio 2008 > and would like to upgrade the program I developed > under Visual Basic 6.0 in Visual Studio 2008. Upgrade? > Is there a convenient method for a program to > fire off an e-mail in Visual Studio 2008 . . . No idea. This is a Visual Basic group. The last and final version of Visual Basic was VB6. The thing you are using is not Visual Basic. It is an imposter. You will need to ask your question on one of the imposter's own newsgroups. Try microsoft.public.languages.dotnet.vb or some similar group. Mike piclistguy@yahoo.com wrote: > I have a program I developed with Visual Basic 6.0 that will send off > an e-mail > using the VBSENDMAIL function > http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=109 > > Unfortunately VBSENDMAIL doesnt not support SSL. I recently aquired a > copy of Visual Studio 2008 and would like to upgrade the program I > developed under Visual B...

Code/Method for sending e-mail through Visual Basic (Visual Studio 2008)
I have a program I developed with Visual Basic 6.0 that will send off an e-mail using the VBSENDMAIL function http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=109 Unfortunately VBSENDMAIL doesnt not support SSL. I recently aquired a copy of Visual Studio 2008 and would like to upgrade the program I developed under Visual Basic 6.0 in Visual Studio 2008. Is there a convenient method for a program to fire off an e-mail in Visual Studio 2008 that supports SMTP servers that use SSL? Thanks piclistguy@yahoo.com's wild thoughts were released on Fri, 28 Mar 2008 23:44:19 -0700 (PDT) be...

Code/Method for sending e-mail through Visual Basic (Visual Studio 2008)
I have a program I developed with Visual Basic 6.0 that will send off an e-mail using the VBSENDMAIL function http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=109 Unfortunately VBSENDMAIL doesnt not support SSL. I recently aquired a copy of Visual Studio 2008 and would like to upgrade the program I developed under Visual Basic 6.0 in Visual Studio 2008. Is there a convenient method for a program to fire off an e-mail in Visual Studio 2008 that supports SMTP servers that use SSL? Thanks piclistguy@yahoo.com's wild thoughts were released on Fri, 28 Mar 2008 23:44:19 -0700 (PDT) be...

Sending mail in Visual Basic
Hello Readers! I am trying to send mail in VB using WinSock. I get the message "must issue STARTTLS command first" from pop.gmail.com. PLz tell me how to solve this problem, or any other known server that does not need the STARTTLs command for sending mails via it. Regards! (Shashank Araokar) You can use SMTP ocx, connect it to any smtp server and you can send email very easy. http://www.ostrosoft.com/products.asp Kees "Shashank" <shashank.araokar@gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:1111727753.360299.187200@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hello Readers! I am trying to send mail in VB using WinSock. I get the > message "must issue STARTTLS command first" from pop.gmail.com. PLz > tell me how to solve this problem, or any other known server that does > not need the STARTTLs command for sending mails via it. > > Regards! > (Shashank Araokar) > I looked it up because I'd never heard of STARTTSL. Apparently you check for it in the response to EHLO. These two may help: http://www.gordano.com/kb.htm?q=1450 http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:yGmjsEpCoxIJ:www.sendmail.org/~ca/email /starttls.html+smtp+%22starttls%22&hl=en This explains the server conversation you need to set up: http://www.networksorcery.com/enp/rfc/rfc3207.txt I haven't found a clear explanation of what is actually required, though. Apparently you have to be prepared to execute the transaction with SSL. -- ___________________...

Visual Objects compared to Visual Basic and Visual C.
Who can explain me why I have to use VO instead of VB or VC? OR is is there no difference? With kind regards Rob van der Ploeg Rob, Every language has his (dis)advantages. The ones you mention are all wrappers around the Win32 API. VO is a very nice and easy language compared to VC. Data-access is famous with VO, but also memorymanagement, the cargage collector, ragged array's. and the result is fast and reliable code. You do not have to declare every variable if you do not want to. (but you will) Comparing to VB is VO a real OOP langangue where VB is not. You can write your own classes, inherit classes from VO classes or from your own classes, Overide methods, use both strong and loose typed variables, write early and late bound code VO comes with a SDK containing the sourcecode of the part of VO written in VO (almost everything except f.i. the compiler) With VO you get this newsgroup, where almost every question is answered within hours. VO has a prof. usergroup in the netherlands, check www.sdgn.nl. with very often very well organised conferences. I think it is the best organised usergroup in the world. VO is limitted to the Win32 api. A .NET version is announced, but withoot a releasedate yet. More inforrmation about VO can be found at www.cavo.com regards, Erik "Mobi-Data Helpdesk" <info@direcom.nl> schreef in bericht news:1070360435.358105@tbird.introweb.nl... > Who can explain me why I have to use...

Visual Basic
Hi everybody ... I would like to create a tool with visual basic to select a few files in an Outlook folder, and to save them in an RTF (or HTM or TXT) file on my PC. I don't know how to start .... but I already write a tool to scan my Outlook Calendar .... I will search .... 1) How to link the DirListBox (or something like a FolderTreeView) to the Outlook Folder list ? 2) How to link the FileListBox to the content of the select folder above ? All your ideas or comments are welcome .... Thanks in advance and ... have a nice WE. El. not really a joyfull link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com: 80/support/kb/articles/q239/5/76.asp&NoWebContent=1 Gr Remco "el" <elcrac@yahoo.invalid.com> wrote in message news:3f05d983$0$286$ba620e4c@reader0.news.skynet.be... > Hi everybody ... > > I would like to create a tool with visual basic to select a few files in an > Outlook folder, > and to save them in an RTF (or HTM or TXT) file on my PC. > > I don't know how to start .... but I already write a tool to scan my Outlook > Calendar .... I will search .... > > 1) How to link the DirListBox (or something like a FolderTreeView) to the > Outlook Folder list ? > > 2) How to link the FileListBox to the content of the select folder above ? > > All your ideas or comments are welcome .... > > Thanks in advance and ... have a nice WE. > > El. > > ...

Mail from Visual Basic to Lotus Notes
Anyone know how to let my VB program send mail to a Lotus Notes system. A long time ago I did a different eMail application and used MAPI. My current version of (VB 6Learning Edition) does not seem to have the MAPI component. So: Can I get the MSMAPI component someplace or to I have to buy a different version of VB? Will MS-MAPI do the job? Thanks for any help, Gary "Gary Warner" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:31bromF39of6cU1@individual.net... | | Anyone know how to let my VB program send | mail to a Lotus Notes system. A long time ago | I did a different eMail application and used | MAPI. My current version of (VB 6Learning | Edition) does not seem to have the MAPI | component. So: | | Can I get the MSMAPI component someplace | or to I have to buy a different version of VB? | | Will MS-MAPI do the job? | | Thanks for any help, | Gary | I think you will have trouble with MAPI, it is very dependent on whether each machine is setup to use Notes with MAPI and blah blah blah... This is a bit of code, by Klaus Oberdalhoff, that a co-worker used in a VB program some time ago. I'm not sure where he dug it up, but I believe it works. It will create an email message in Notes, but leave it open, ready for the user to modify it, send it, or discard it as they please. I am posting it more or less as is, not tested recently. ' Author: Klaus Oberdalhoff ' Lotus script to open a Lotus eMail and to prefill it with values ' Tested t...

Embedded Visual Basic 3 and sending mail??
Is it possible to create in Embedded Visual Basic (so on pocket pc) an email? A kind of mail-item. Can one send mail from the application written in Embedded Visual Basic? If this possible - please help me with this code. I would like to add an attachment also to this mail. Please give me a hand. Thanks in advance ...

Visual Basic to read and save Outlook mails
Hi everybody ... I would like to create a tool with visual basic to select a few files in an Outlook folder, and to save them in an RTF (or HTM or TXT) file on my PC. I don't know how to start .... but I already write a tool to scan my Outlook Calendar .... I will search .... 1) How to link the DirListBox (or something like a FolderTreeView) to the Outlook Folder list ? 2) How to link the FileListBox to the content of the select folder above ? All your ideas or comments are welcome .... Thanks in advance and ... have a nice WE. El. ...

Embedded Visual Basic 3 and sending mail??
Is it possible to create in Embedded Visual Basic (so on palmtops) an email? A kind of mail-item. Can one send mail from the application written in Embedded Visual Basic? If this possible - please help me with this code. I would like to add an attachment also to this mail. Please give me a hand. Thanks in advance ...

GW BASIC to Visual Basic
I had done programnming in GW BASIC and Assembly 10 years back, when I was in school. Later, I learnt C,C++, Core Java and COBOL. Will my knowledge of BASIC hold me in good stead while learning Visual Basic? Is there a resemblance between the two? On 2 Mar 2005 21:11:59 -0800, "cat_dog_ass" <icon_iconoclast@hotmail.com> wrote: >I had done programnming in GW BASIC and Assembly 10 years back, when I >was in school. Later, I learnt C,C++, Core Java and COBOL. Will my >knowledge of BASIC hold me in good stead while learning Visual Basic? >Is there a resemblance between the two? A resemblance? Well, sure, they both look like Microsoft BASIC. Will knowing the one help with the other? Actually, the differences between GWB and VB are so big that you'll be learning a totally new language that reminds you of one you already know. If you learn VB.Net you might find that it also reminds you of C++ and/or Java. -- auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com ***** If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you. "cat_dog_ass" <icon_iconoclast@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1109826719.850575.113070@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > I had done programnming in GW BASIC and Assembly 10 years > back, when I was in school . . . will my knowledge of BASIC hold > me in good stead while learning Visual Basic? If you're talking about VB6 then then answer is Yes. Much of the syntax of the language is almost iden...

easiest way to send an e-mail from visual basic application?
I have an application where I need it to send an e-mail occasionally. I am looking for easiest solution to perform this. I don't mind if it uses outlook to the send the e-mail. Perhaps a function or module I can call where I simply enter my message text, SMTP server and destination e-mail address into a few variables. Thanks Put a button on a form and paste the following code: =============================================== Option Explicit: DefInt A-Z Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" _ Alias "ShellExecuteA" ( _ ByVal hWnd As Long, _ ByVal lpOperation As String, _ ByVal lpFile As String, _ ByVal lpParameters As String, _ ByVal lpDirectory As String, _ ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long Private Sub Command1_Click() ShellExecute Me.hWnd, _ "Open", _ "MailTo:someone@company.com?CC=another@company.com&Subject=Cool Beans&BODY=Do you like Beans?", _ vbNullString, _ vbNullString, _ vbNormalFocus End Sub =============================================== Clicking the button will create an empty e-mail using the user's default e-mail program with the subject "Cool Beans" Depending on the e-mail program you can also use "CC=", "BCC=", "BODY=" Hope this helps, Johan. <techman41973@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:1112764156.800700.180330@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have an application wh...

Mail rule to run a visual basic script with senders address as parameter
Hi. Is it possible in Lotus Notes to make a rule that lets you run a script and pass the senders email as a parameter? For instance if I were to send a mail which triggered the rule I could run a script that would produce the same as writing this in command.com: C:\NameOfScript.vbs perimidt@gmail.com I have a script vbscript that looks up data in a accessfile, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to run it from Lotus Notes. Any pointers would really be appreciated. Best regards Per Erik ...

cd 4 "visual basic lang. developers handbook"
Hi I need the cd that came with this book. visual basic language developers handbook ISBN 0-7821-2162-4 I lost it or it was stolen or whatever. Any help would be welcome. Can you burn me a copy, zip it and send it, whatever. mail to : rbm@bellsouth.net thanks Did ya call the publisher? I think they'll send you a new CD for a nominal fee... or you might be able to download it. Not sure. It's been a while since I had to do something like that. Bob wrote: > Hi > I need the cd that came with this book. > > visual basic language > developers handbook > ISBN 0-7821-2162-4 > > I lost it or it was stolen or whatever. Any help would be welcome. > Can you burn me a copy, zip it and send it, whatever. > > mail to : rbm@bellsouth.net Book available on Amazon as http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0782121624/ and the author's website has 3 chapters available and perhaps some code: http://www.developershandbook.com/downloads.htm and the book's Errata: http://www.developershandbook.com/ErrataVBLanguage.htm -- '--------------- 'John Mishefske '--------------- ...

Quick Basic to Visual Basic Converter
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C453DB.FEAF48A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know of a utility that will aid in converting Quick Basic = code to Visual Basic code. I don't expect it would be perfect, but anything that would provide a = start on it would be helpful. Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C453DB.FEAF48A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff> <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Does anyone know of a utility that will aid in = converting=20 Quick Basic code to Visual Basic code.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=3D2>I don't expect it would be perfect, but anything = that would=20 provide a start on it would be helpful.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML> ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C453DB.FEAF48A0-- Hmmm. Other than changes in several of the graphics methods (like CurrentX/Y versus Locate) and maybe the keyboard Get/Input they're pr...

Port Visual Basic to Visual Prolog
I'm trying to port the following Visual Basic program fragment to Visual Prolog 6.1 It opens the serial port for communications, sends a break command, switches to a specific speed, sends another command, then switches speed again, and starts listening. Any signal coming in is detected with the OnCom and displayed on the screen. This is so totally beyond my Visual Prolog skills that I have no clue how to even start porting it to Visual Prolog 6.1 Any help is appreciated!! Merel Private Sub Command1_Click() 'enable communications MSComm1.PortOpen = True &#...

US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45289157610)
US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45289157610) ============================================================================================= Position: Sr. SW Eng. Reference: SMC01200 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5+ years in development of Microsoft Windows applications using Microsoft tools and technologies such as Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel...

US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288557613)
US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288557613) ============================================================================================= Position: Sr. SW Eng. Reference: SMC01200 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5+ years in development of Microsoft Windows applications using Microsoft tools and technologies such as Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer and Access). UML Modeling (using Rational Rose) and CMM Level 3 activities. Development of aircraft mission planning and/or operation flight program (OFP) software. Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45288557613. ...

US-AL-Huntsville: SW Engineer, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Stdio.NET, C#; P (45288546624)
US-AL-Huntsville: SW Engineer, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Stdio.NET, C#; P (45288546624) ============================================================================================== Position: SW Engineer Reference: SMC01201 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5 + years development of MS Windows applications using Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer and Access). UML modeling experience using Rational Rose and CMM processes. Background in the development of aircraft mission planning for either the Air Force or Army and/or operation flight program (OFP) software. Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45288546624. ...

Visual Basic GUI with Visual C++ console
Hi, I'm trying to develop a system running on a PC, consisting of a Visual Basic GUI connected to a Visual C++ win32 console running in the background (which is doing most of the processing work). Inputs entered to the GUI will be processed by the win32 console and results passed back to the GUI for display again. I suppose commands and data would have to be passed between these two programs, but I have no idea how to go about doing it. Would greatly appreciate if there's anyone who could help with some ideas or point me to some helpful resources. Rgds, JG Have a look at DDE links. -- Best regards, Kyle "JG Lim" <jooghee@gmail.com> wrote in message news:70b6683c.0504041731.1a0e3b68@posting.google.com... | Hi, | | I'm trying to develop a system running on a PC, consisting of a Visual | Basic GUI connected to a Visual C++ win32 console running in the | background (which is doing most of the processing work). Inputs | entered to the GUI will be processed by the win32 console and results | passed back to the GUI for display again. | | I suppose commands and data would have to be passed between these two | programs, but I have no idea how to go about doing it. | | Would greatly appreciate if there's anyone who could help with some | ideas or point me to some helpful resources. | | Rgds, | JG On 4 Apr 2005 18:31:14 -0700, jooghee@gmail.com (JG Lim) wrote: >Hi, > >I'm trying to develop a system running on a PC, consisting of a...

US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288832412)
US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288832412) ============================================================================================= Position: Sr. SW Eng. Reference: SMC01200 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5+ years in development of Microsoft Windows applications using Microsoft tools and technologies such as Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint...

US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288546334)
US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288546334) ============================================================================================= Position: Sr. SW Eng. Reference: SMC01200 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5+ years in development of Microsoft Windows applications using Microsoft tools and technologies such as Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer and Access). UML Modeling (using Rational Rose) and CMM Level 3 activities. Development of aircraft mission planning and/or operation flight program (OFP) software. Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45288546334. ...

Newbie question: Quick Basic to Visual Basic
Program migration from Quick Basic to Visual Basic ? Regards to the newsgroup. Excuse my sudden intromission into the group, but I know from my long experience in these groups that there are a lot of people willing to help. As I ceased to program several years ago I found myself in the situation that my old programs are incompatible with Windows 98 and XP. I have code written in 1995 to 97 under DOS, using Quick Basic, which running under Windows, create problems when they write data files on to the fixed disk. I'm having trouble when restarting my PC. I guess this is due to the protection of the fixed disk by Windows. Mi question is: Is there a way of importing or converting my old codes into Visual Basic ? or Shall I have to write them again ? Thanks in advance. Juan Vazquez P.S.: I'm having the same problem with Borland Turbo Pascal and DELPHI. Is there a way of importing or converting my old Pascal programs into DELPHI ? "Juan Vazquez" <j.vazquez@_emavenca.com> wrote in message news:cu69ov$t5o$1@newsreader.mailgate.org... > > > > Program migration from Quick Basic to Visual Basic ? > > Regards to the newsgroup. > > Excuse my sudden intromission into the group, but I know from my long > experience in these groups that there are a lot of people willing to help. > > As I ceased to program several years ago I found myself in the situation > that my old programs are incompatible with Window...

US-AL-Huntsville: SW Engineer, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Stdio.NET, C#; P (45289157611)
US-AL-Huntsville: SW Engineer, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Stdio.NET, C#; P (45289157611) ============================================================================================== Position: SW Engineer Reference: SMC01201 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5 + years development of MS Windows applications using Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer and Access). UML modeling experience using Rational Rose and CMM processes. Background in the development of aircraft mission planning for either the Air Force or Army and/or operation flight program (OFP) software. Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45289157611. ...

Quick-Basic running in a Visual Basic compilation?
Hi everybody, I have a program, developed in Quick Basic under DOS, which are quite complicated and I wish to translate into Visual Basic, since Basic is more familiar for me than other languages. The question is how to write Quick Basic code in a Visual Basic program. It handles I/O commands and direct access to memory addresses for a A/D card. I have to say that this program works fine in a DOS window under Win98, but it's not the case for W2000/XP. Any comment will be highly appreciated. / Bish "Bishop" <Donottry@never.de> wrote in message news:c14po4$1efl2s$1@ID-145933.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi everybody, > > I have a program, developed in Quick Basic under DOS, which are quite > complicated and I wish to translate into Visual Basic, since Basic is more > familiar for me than other languages. > The question is how to write Quick Basic code in a Visual Basic program. It > handles I/O commands and direct access to memory addresses for a A/D card. > I have to say that this program works fine in a DOS window under Win98, but > it's not the case for W2000/XP. > Any comment will be highly appreciated. I'll say you're in for a bit of work! Your program must be completely re-structured. VB is Event-driven, and doesn't like top-town and procedural code at all. THis, in it self isn't neccessarily a show-stopper, as long as your QB code is reasonably structured, but the *big* problem here, is the I/O and...

Web resources about - Mailing Attachments - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

Attachment theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Attachment theory describes the dynamics of long-term relationships between humans . Its most important tenet is that an infant needs to develop ...

Facebook Allowing Page Admins To ‘Refresh Share Attachment?’
Facebook appears to have given page administrators the option of refreshing links that they share in posts on their pages . continued... New ...

Chronik-Fotos - Mama Bean - Unconditional Attachment - Facebook
Graphic design students at the University of North Texas asked this inspiring mama, Monica, to be the face of their ad campaign. The campaign ...

New Facebook Messages Only Provides an Online Attachment Viewing Feature for Microsoft Docs
In another move highlighting Facebook’s strategic relationship with investor Microsoft, the company has given the established office software ...

App Store - Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload ...
Get Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload files to cloud storage(Dropbox, Box, and G Drive), ...

Detach from Attachments! - YouTube
གློག་འཕྲིན་བརྒྱུད་ནས་ཡིག་ཆ་བགོ་འགྲེམས་མ་བྱེད། ཡིག་ཆ་བདེ་འཇགས་ལམ་ནས་བགོ་འགྲེམས་བྱེད་པར། Dropbox.com དང་ Ge.tt ཡང་ན་ GoogleDocs སོགས་བེད་སྤྱོད་ཐོངས། ...

Invention of the Day: New ‘Alternative’ Gun Attachment May Prevent Shooting Deaths
The Ferguson Police Department is testing out a new device which they think might help prevent unnecessary shooting deaths. “The Alternative” ...

100th anniversary of Anzac landings brings home strong attachments
The commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the Anzac landings draws our attention to events that so many of us have a strong attachment to. ...

iPhones - Is Our Attachment To Smartphones A Bad Thing?
They cater to our basic human hunger for connection, so is our attachment to mobiles such a bad thing?

Apple not encrypting email attachments in iOS 7, security researcher claims
Apple's Mail app in iOS 7 is failing to encrypt email attachments, leaving user data vulnerable to hackers, a security researcher claims.