open a pasword proteccted ms access database

Hi,
So far I am using  no pasword protected ms access database, now my
client ask me to use the password protected one. Does anyone know how
to do that using connection string? have tried just give the password
only and blank on ussername but error.
TIA
0
yanto2000 (33)

"yanto" <yanto2000@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> So far I am using  no pasword protected ms access database, now my
> client ask me to use the password protected one. Does anyone know how
> to do that using connection string? have tried just give the password
> only and blank on ussername but error.
> TIA

dim dbs as database
Set dbs = OpenDatabase("c:\Myfolder\MydatabaseFile.mdb", False, False, ";
pwd=" & "password")

Connecting to MS-Access database through visual basic
Hi, I am trying to browse a recordset using bound controls using VB 6.0. I am using Windows XP operating system. to this end i created a form in vb and try to link it to MS-Access database. when i give the path of database(.mdb) file, to link to the database, it gives an error saying unrecognised database format. any thoughts on why this is happening? any help is greatly appreciated. thanx in advance. i think u dont have latest latest Access drivers installed, and trying to access a newer version of Access database than VB (odbc) supports. Khurram ...

Opening MLM (Groupwise emails) files using Visual Basic/MS Access
Anyone know how to do this? I've created a CreateObject("NovellGroupWiseSession") object but don't know what to do after that. I'd like to have it open in just one screen so the user can see the email. I've read about a qvp32.exe to 'quick view' the email but I cannot find that executable on my machine. So, another question, if I had qvp32.exe, how can I create an object to do a dos command sort of opening, using something like 'qvp32.exe xxxx.mlm' ? thanks for any help, craig. ...

Can I update a MS Access 2002 database with Visual Basic .net 2003 Standard Editon?
I am considering purchasing Visual Basic .net 2003 Standard Editon to do some development work with Web Forms and I need to know whether this edit will allow me to update an Access database (mdb) file. I already have a database which is updated through an Access front-end, I want to update the database through web forms, is this possible? what are the benefits of going for the Professional Verion of Visual Studio instead? Cheers, In VB.Net you'd use the ADO.Net objects to update the database. Visual Studio.Net is just another Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool. It has the added ability of being the development platform for VB.NET, C#.NET, C++.NET, Java.NET. It can also easily create XML objects/dependencies and set up web pages to use ASP.NET. And, other stuff I've forgotten about. -- MGFoster:::mgf00 <at> earthlink <decimal-point> net Oakland, CA (USA) pisaac wrote: > I am considering purchasing Visual Basic .net 2003 Standard Editon to > do some development work with Web Forms and I need to know whether > this edit will allow me to update an Access database (mdb) file. I > already have a database which is updated through an Access front-end, > I want to update the database through web forms, is this possible? > what are the benefits of going for the Professional Verion of Visual > Studio instead? You'd want to go to the description of what you get with VB.NET Standard to see if it comes with the necessary su...

Accessing BTrieve database from Visual C++/Visual Basic
Hi! I have been looking on the pervasive website but things don't get really clear to me. Does anybody know how to access a betrieve database from either Visual Basic or from Visual C++? Is there some sort of ODBC driver or anything alike? Do you know where to get it and if it is free or needs to be payed for? I'm looking for this because we use a product in our clinic that makes use of a BTrieve database from which we would like to query some information that we would like to use in some other system. If we can access the BTrieve database we are able to treat our patient be...

Good day: Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file extension of .mde? I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized format". Any help is greatfull. TIA This usually indicates an attempt to open an Access 2000 database in an earlier version. -- MichKa [MS] NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development Globalization Infrastructure and Font Technologies This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a0a64947.0311151242.4df0c8a3@posting.google.com... > Good day: > > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file > extension of .mde? > > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized > format". > > Any help is greatfull. > > TIA "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a0a64947.0311151242.4df0c8a3@posting.google.com... > Good day: > > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file > extension of .mde? > > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized > format". > > Any help is greatfull. > > TIA Best place to get answers is at the official MVP site: http://mvp.org Robyn Schulz, MVP A) That url isn't. B) If that's the best place to get answers, why do you hang out in a newsgroup designed to give ...

Open Access Database Form from within Access database
I have included the following code to open an Access database form from within an exsisting Access database. But when I run the code, it appears that it opens the database because in windows explorer I can see the database has the .ldb file extension. So it appears that it's open, but I can't see the database or the form that I've tried to open. What am I doing wrong. The following is the code: 'This is in the declaration part of the module Dim appAccess As Access.Application ' Initialize string to database path. Const strConPathToSamples = "C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Careset Data Verification\Error Log Database.mdb" strDB = strConPathToSamples & "Error Log Database.mdb" ' Create new instance of Microsoft Access. Set appAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application") ' Open database in Microsoft Access window. appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase strConPathToSamples ' Open form. appAccess.DoCmd.OpenForm "Import Error Logs", acNormal Thanks in advanced, bailee220 -- Posted via http://dbforums.com After these lines of code: ' Create new instance of Microsoft Access. Set appAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application") ' Open database in Microsoft Access window. appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase strConPathToSamples '-->you need to place this line of code appAccess.Visible = True '<--missing this line here Rich *** Sent via Develop...

Opening databases with out MS access
Hi, I have an Access database file with all the switchboard commands and what I want to do is to try to access the switchboard command without opening microsoft access. Which means i want to access the database without opening access. I am seeing if I can make this file an executable file but i dont think this is the solution. If anybody have any ideas, please help. Thanks > I have an Access database file with all the switchboard commands and > what I want to do is to try to access the switchboard command without > opening microsoft access. Which means i want to access the database > without opening access. I am seeing if I can make this file an > executable file but i dont think this is the solution. If anybody have > any ideas, please help. Thanks You cannot use Access interface without having Access installed into your pc. -- PBsoft di Gabriele Bertolucci www.pbsoft.it skype: pbsoftsolution http://www.mvps.org/access/general/gen0001.htm *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "Gabriele Bertolucci" <info@REMOVEpbsoft.it> wrote > You cannot use Access interface without > having Access installed into your pc. You can use (but not modify the design of) an Access database if you have the Access runtime, as packaged by the Office Developer Edition (pre-2003) or by the Visual Studio Tools for Office 2003 System. If, in your view, installing the Access runtime qualifies as "having Access install...

Visual Basic in MS Access
I need help from a VB/Access expert. I prefer writing code in PHP and MySQL. However, I got stuck doing a project with an Access Database. I have created several Select Queries inside Access, but I need to automate it such that my customer can just click a single button or two - to make the database match and print the report for him. I need to write some VB code that will execute a serious of queries and capture some data from a query and put it into a variable. This variable will be use to rename the columns of a table. For example if the Pay_Period = 2 then the columns PD_Hours and PD_Wages should be renamed to PD2_Hours and PD2_Wages. I understand the logic of what needs to be done to complete the project, but I am having much difficulty resolving this problem in Visual Basic/Access. Can someone help point me in the right directions. Thanks so much, Stan Almost always it is a Very Bad Idea to use a Field Name as Data, which seems to be just what you are doing. And, if you have questions about manipulating Jet database objects from VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) in Access, an Access newsgroup, e.g., comp.databases.ms-access or one of several access newsgroups at the free news server news.microsoft.com (also accessible via online interface at Microsoft) would expose you to more than one or two "Access types" as may be the case here. All that said, here's a Function that renames all the Fields in a Jet TableDef by appending a text stri...

Open Access Report From Visual Basic
Does anyone know how to programmatically pass parameters to a Microsoft Access report? I have an Access report that prompts for a month, year and manager's full name for it to run. I attempted the code below but the report still prompts for the requested parameters even though I attempted to pass them. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 'start of sample code Set appAccess = New Access.Application Set appAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application") dbstr = App.Path & "\WebBMQ.mdb" appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase dbstr strCrit = "[Enter Numeric Month] = 8 and [Enter 4 Digit Year] = 2007 and [Enter Manager Full Name] = 'John Doe'" appAccess.DoCmd.OpenReport "Web Log Usage by Month", acViewPreview, , strCrit, acWindowNormal appAccess.Visible = True 'end of sample code - Mel On Sep 20, 11:20 am, Mel <MLights...@gmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to programmatically pass parameters to a > Microsoft Access report? I have an Access report that prompts for a > month, year and manager's full name for it to run. I attempted the > code below but the report still prompts for the requested parameters > even though I attempted to pass them. What am I doing wrong? Any > help would be greatly appreciated. > > 'start of sample code > Set appAccess = New Access.Application > Set appAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application") > dbstr =...

ado recordset in visual basic database access
Hi: I am trying to access my access database by using visual basic 6.0. I want to use recordset method to get data from query. I can get connection established, but I get error in further debugging with message "arguments are of the wrong type, are out of the acceptable range, are in conflict with one another". Anyone can help me out, Below is my current code Option Explicit Sub Main() Call Upload_User_Attribute End Sub Public Function Upload_User_Attribute() Dim conn As New ADODB.Connection Dim cmd As New ADODB.Command Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Dim sConnString...

Open Source Database as an Alternative MS Access?
Is there any project team working on a PERSONAL database as an alternative to MS Access? TIA Dan <dan@nospam.com> writes: > Is there any project team working on a PERSONAL database as an > alternative to MS Access? http://www.icewalkers.com/Linux/Software/Applications/Databases/140/ In article <4YnOb.91694$fq1.71625@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>, Dan wrote: > Is there any project team working on a PERSONAL database as an > alternative to MS Access? http://www.rekallrevealed.org/ Dave Cook Dan wrote: > Is there any project team working on a PERS...

ado recordset in visual basic database access
Hi: I am trying to access my access database by using visual basic 6.0. I want to use recordset method to get data from query. I can get connection established, but I get error in further debugging with message "arguments are of the wrong type, are out of the acceptable range, are in conflict with one another". Anyone can help me out, Below is my current code Option Explicit Sub Main() Call Upload_User_Attribute End Sub Public Function Upload_User_Attribute() Dim conn As New ADODB.Connection Dim cmd As New ADODB.Command Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Dim sConnString As String Dim iCtr As Integer Dim PersonnelNumber, LastSSN, FirstName, LastName Dim strPN, strLastSSN, strFirstName, strLastName Dim ConnectionString, ActiveConnection, CursorLocation, adUseClient, strSQL, adOpenFowardOnly, adLockReadOnly, fnSQL_RS sConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Deploy08022005\data\user_attribute.mdb" Set conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") conn.ConnectionString = sConnString conn.Open Set rs = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") rs.ActiveConnection = conn 'rs.CursorLocation = adUseClient strSQL = "SELECT PersonnelNumber, LastSSN, FirstName, LastName FROM Sap_flat" 'rs.Source = strSQL rs.Open strSQL, , adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly If Not rs.EOF Then Do While Not rs.EOF strPN = rs("PersonnnelNumber") strLastSSN = rs.Fields("LastSSN") strFirstName = rs.Fields("FirstName") s...

Open the previous version database in ms-access 2010
Hi all, When I try to open the previous version database in Ms-Access 2010 is not working. Please help me and solve my problem. Naushad "Naushad" <nhaider@kockw.com> wrote in message news:715ed09d-a319-457b-8cfb-0d48fa7ef63b@t5g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > When I try to open the previous version database in Ms-Access 2010 > is not working. Please help me and solve my problem. If you still have a copy of your old version of Access, use it to follow these steps: http://allenbrowne.com/recover.html Then try opening the database with A2010 again. -- Allen...

Another way to open an MS ACCESS 2000 database?
Hi! I've developed an ms access 2000 db. Then I'll protect the db with a password. But I want to open the access 2000 file from a Delphi 7 program, and try to have the program connect to the ms access 2000 db. 1. How can I have the OnOpen_event of the starting form in access check if the db is being tried open from doubleclicking the access 2000 file itself, and deny the user to open except from the Delphi program? 2. What is the connection string to the access 2000 file from the Delphi 7 program? The reason is that I'll write to the register from Delphi 7 and do ...

ado recordset in visual basic database access #2
Thanks for your time, I used your code, however, It still has bug, so far, I can debug all the way down to --strPN =3D rs("PersonnnelNumber").Value & "" Then it raise error again, saying "run time error 3265" Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal do you have any idea, thanks in advance Try this (air-code): '----------------------Start Code----------------------- Public Function Upload_User_Attribute() Dim conn As ADODB.Connection Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Dim sConnString As String Dim strPN As String Dim strLastSSN As String, strFirstName As String, strLastName As tring Dim strSQL As String 'Create the connection Set conn =3D CreateObject("ADODB.Connection=AD") sConnString =3D "Provider=3DMicrosoft.Jet.OLEDB.=AD4.0;" & _ "Data Source=3DC:\Deploy08022005\data\=ADuser_attribute.mdb" conn.Open sConnString 'Create the Recordset Set rs =3D CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset"=AD) strSQL =3D "SELECT PersonnelNumber, LastSSN, FirstName, LastName FROM Sap_flat" rs.Open strSQL, conn, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly 'Check for records If Not rs.EOF Then 'Loop through all records Do Until rs.EOF strPN =3D rs("PersonnnelNumber").Value & "" strLastSSN =3D rs.Fields("LastSSN").Value & "" strFirstName =3D rs.Fields("FirstName")...

Visual Basic Pro Ver4 and Access 97 Database
I have an Access 97 database I would like to distribute, and provide a compiled program for those who don't have Access I do have the Access 97 developer tools CD and runtime, but the install that creates is REALLY large (essentially, from what I know, the entire Access 97 application with all the development interface removed or "locked out") I am thinking about getting VB Pro v5 to create the user interface (fairly simple... a half dozen data entry screens and 2 reports based on screen selections and queries) but wonder how big an EXE I should expect? (I know the VB5 runtime is also needed, but that is only about 1 Meg) Since I don't know Visual Basic, I would also like to know the name(s) of good book(s) which explain designing the user interface and working with Access files Thanks for any and all help and suggestions John Thomas Smith http://www.direct2usales.com http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith I don't know the size of the VB executable, but don't forget that you will have to include the Jet database engine, and _don't underestimate_ the time and effort to re-write. There are some (not inexpensive) 3rd party conversion tools, but those who use them tell us that they are "only the start". The VB UI _appears_ similar to Access, but there are many differences -- a big, unobvious one being that there are no data events such as Before Update, After Update, etc., that we use all the time. VB has no "bound forms" and its...

publishing a MS Access Database under one of the open licenses
Dear All I am looking at publishing an MS Access Database under an open license. That means that I will make it freely available on my website, that anyone can use it, but that no-one can restrict its use. So, people can sell it for money if they want to, but no-one can claim ownership. Now, I do not want to discuss the virtues of the open licenses itself. Just take the above as a given (I may have even used some wrong terminology). What I want to know: - if anyone has done anything like this - if anyone would recommend such an approach - what to watch for The reason to do this is that I see a pretty large market for the database (reservation database for small hotels) and that I would like other people to work on it and use it, rather than it just gathering dust on my PC. I sell the database to hotels, but what I really sell is my knowledge and training. I do not really sell the database itself. Anyway, these are just some thoughts. I look forward to hear some of your views. - Nicolaas windandwaves wrote: > Dear All > > I am looking at publishing an MS Access Database under an open license. > That means that I will make it freely available on my website, that anyone > can use it, but that no-one can restrict its use. So, people can sell it > for money if they want to, but no-one can claim ownership. Whether or not one can use the database, it may be enjoyable or educational to examine it. Others may wish to make additions o...

Opening access database for exclusive access
hi Folks, I am opening my access database file (Access 2003) from a C# application. The connection string specifies mode=Share Exclusive The intent is that the application have exclusive access to the database file. No other instance of MS Access or this particular C# application (or any other app) should be able to open the access database file concurrently. however it seems that this is not happening. A second instance of my program run from another computer under another LAN user id can successfully open a connection to the database using the same connection string, specifying Share Exclusive. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer. -John jljamison#gmail.com@NOSPAM never mind - i figured it out. I had inadvertently put two "Mode=..." pairs in my connection string, the latter one was less restrictive. ...

Database connectivity with MS Access in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
Hi All, I am developing a intra-company website. I am working in MS Visual Studio .NET, and am writing the code in VBScript. I have an MS Access database with which i want to connect. Once the connection is established, i want to retreive a particular record and display one particular field of the record in a text box. Given below is the concerned code snippet (the default.aspx.vb file): Partial Class _Default Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Protected Sub Submit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Submit.Click Dim Conn Dim rsAddRequest Dim val Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") Conn.Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" Conn.Open(Server.MapPath("requests.mdb")) rsAddRequest = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") rsAddRequest.CursorType = 2 rsAddRequest.LockType = 3 rsAddRequest.Open("Select * from request where TrackingID='RR0004'", Conn) Name.Text = rsAddRequest.Fields("RequesterName").ToString() rsAddRequest.Close() rsAddRequest = Nothing Conn = Nothing End Sub End Class The database is requests.mdb; the table is request, the field to be displayed is RequesterName and the text boc is named Name. The code given above diplays "System.__ComObject" in the text box. And, if i remove the .ToString() part, then the error generat...

Another way to open an MS ACCESS 2000 database? #2
Hi! I've developed an ms access 2000 db. Then I'll protect the db with a password. But I want to open the access 2000 file from a Delphi 7 program, and try to have the program connect to the ms access 2000 db. 1. How can I have the OnOpen_event of the starting form in access check if the db is being tried open from doubleclicking the access 2000 file itself, and deny the user to open except from the Delphi program? 2. What is the connection string to the access 2000 file from the Delphi 7 program? The reason is that I'll write to the register from Delphi 7 and do ...

ado recordset in visual basic database access---I am still having problem
Thanks for your time, I used your code, however, It still has bug, so far, I can debug all the way down to --strPN = rs("PersonnnelNumber").Value & "" Then it raise error again, saying "run time error 3265" Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal do you have any idea, thanks in advance Keep the post in the original thread. No need to start another thread... -- Chris Hanscom - Microsoft MVP (VB) Veign's Resource Center http://www.veign.com/vrc_main.asp -- "weiwei" <weihuangzhu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1124228317.383330.131190@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Thanks for your time, > I used your code, however, It still has bug, so far, I can debug all > the way down to --strPN = rs("PersonnnelNumber").Value & "" > Then it raise error again, saying "run time error 3265" Item cannot be > found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal > > > do you have any idea, > thanks in advance > ...

MS Access
Hi, I have a database in MS Access 2007, multiuser set up, however only one person can get into the database at a time. Thanks in advance for your help. Trish Trish wrote: > Hi, > > I have a database in MS Access 2007, multiuser set up, however only > one person can get into the database at a time. > > Thanks in advance for your help. > > Trish Do you have /excl in the command line to open the database. Is the second user getting an error message? You might want to be a little more verbose in your problem description...like error messages, method of opening the file, and the like. Hi, Trish wrote: > I have a database in MS Access 2007, multiuser set up, however only > one person can get into the database at a time. Check the users rights, they must have the right to create and delete files in the database folder. Regards Jens On May 12, 2:31=A0pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.com> wrote: > Trish wrote: > > Hi, > > > I have a database in MS Access 2007, multiuser set up, however only > > one person can get into the database at a time. > > > Thanks in advance for your help. > > > Trish > > Do you have /excl in the command line to open the database. > > Is the second user getting an error message? =A0You might want to be a > little more verbose in your problem description...like error messages, > method of opening the file, and the like. I will double-check the command l...

Web resources about - open a pasword proteccted ms access database - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc