Permission Denied on newly created text file please help

I am trying to write to a file created with fso.CreateTextFile directly
after creation but keep getting permission denied error. I may be wrong but
I dont see how the file could already be open or why this might be
happening. Any help gratefully received.

0
newbie.x1 (7)

Set TS = FSO.CreateTextFile(path)
  '-- write to file here.
    TS.Close
Set TS = Nothing

 If you didn't use TS.Close the file is still open.

_____________________________

mayayXXana1a@mindYYspring.com
For return email remove XX and YY.
_____________________________
Andy Pandy <newbie.x1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to write to a file created with fso.CreateTextFile directly
> after creation but keep getting permission denied error. I may be wrong
but
> I dont see how the file could already be open or why this might be
> happening. Any help gratefully received.

Never used TS.Close in the code.

Many thanks

"mayayana" <mayaXXyana1a@mindYYspring.com> wrote in message

> Set TS = FSO.CreateTextFile(path)
>  '-- write to file here.
>    TS.Close
> Set TS = Nothing
>
> If you didn't use TS.Close the file is still open.
>
> _____________________________
>
> mayayXXana1a@mindYYspring.com
> For return email remove XX and YY.
> _____________________________
> Andy Pandy <newbie.x1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> I am trying to write to a file created with fso.CreateTextFile directly
>> after creation but keep getting permission denied error. I may be wrong
> but
>> I dont see how the file could already be open or why this might be
>> happening. Any help gratefully received.

0
newbie.x1 (7)

Create Meetings / Invitations using Visual Basic
Hi all, kinda banging my head against the wall here, and could do with some advice. I am trying to write a piece of VB (it will be ASP eventually) which will take a set of data (meeting title, start time, attendee email addresses, etc) from our app, and interface with Lotus Notes to create a Lotus Notes Meeting/Invitation and then send out the Invitation to the Attendees via Lotus Notes e-mail. Ideally, we would like to allow the user to be able to manually edit the Invitation *before* it is sent to the Attendees, but I think that's a bit far away at the moment. So, I am ...

printing a text file in visual basic
I want to make a simple visual basic program that will print a text file when I run it. This will allow me to just click and icon and the default printer will print this text file. Can this be done in visual basic with the print method? Thanks Start a new standard exe project Remove the form Add a module Right click the project & select Sub Main as the Startup Object In the module, add Sub Main In Sub Main, load the desired file into a string variable Then use the Printer object's Print & EndDoc methods Now compile the project & put a shortcut on your desktop or taskbar "Joe Blo" <techman41973@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e8fde247.0407082107.24f86f78@posting.google.com... > I want to make a simple visual basic program that will print a text > file when I run it. This will allow me to just click and icon and the > default printer will print this text file. Can this be done in visual > basic with the print method? Thanks ...

printing a text file from visual basic
I want to make a simple visual basic program that will print a text file when I run it. This will allow me to just click and icon and the default printer will print this text file. Can this be done in visual basic with the print method? Thanks http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vbcode/html/vbtskCodeExamplePrintingTextFile.asp GOOGLE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGLE "Joe Blo" <techman41973@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e8fde247.0407082106.13a95501@posting.google.com... > I want to make a simple visual basic program that will print a text > file when I run it. This will allow me to just click and icon and the > default printer will print this text file. Can this be done in visual > basic with the print method? Thanks On 8 Jul 2004 22:06:53 -0700, techman41973@yahoo.com (Joe Blo) wrote: >I want to make a simple visual basic program that will print a text >file when I run it. This will allow me to just click and icon and the >default printer will print this text file. Can this be done in visual >basic with the print method? Thanks > The poor man's printjob : Call ShellExecute(0,"print",fileName,vbnullstring,vbnullstring,0) If that's not your ticket, look up "open", "line input" and "printer.print" -- Regards, Frank FYI The link below is for VB.NET code. -- HK "luminos" <logos1@trip.net> wrote in message news:10escq7g3blc01...

Visual Basic 6 help files
I lost the MSDN set that came with my Visual Studio, and thus no longer have the help files. While there is a link to that material on the web it does not work with the F1 key, etc. Does anyone have an older set of the MSDN documentation disk that predate ..NET, and thus have VB6 doc, etc. If so, will you be willing to sell, share files, etc. Steve Rosen Roswell, GA ...

Please help me! VRML + Visual Basic
Hi, i'm a vrml noobie. I' trying to finish my school with a thesis based on a VB control (an ActiveX based on Map Objects), and his interation with a VRML world (i'm using Cortona Plugin). The problem is that i need to higlight in some way an element of the vrml world, from the VB ActiveX. For example: - I make a query in the 2d Environment, like "the closest restaurant from where I am" - Map Objects show me the restaurant as a red point in the map. - Clicking the red point, vrml world moves flying to the restaurant. I know it seems complicated, i hope i ex...

Visual basic 6
I understand that the help files for VB 6 requires support from the MSDN library. If I were to install the MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2005 (3 Cd's), would this provide the on line help that I am seeking? Thanks, Nick > I understand that the help files for VB 6 requires support from the > MSDN library. > If I were to install the MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2005 (3 Cd's), > would this provide the on line help that I am seeking? No. The last version of MSDN to support VB6 is dated Octorber 2001. Rick Rick Rothstein [MVP - Visual Basic] wrote: > > I understand that the help files for VB 6 requires support from the > > MSDN library. > > If I were to install the MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2005 (3 Cd's), > > would this provide the on line help that I am seeking? > > No. The last version of MSDN to support VB6 is dated Octorber 2001. > > Rick Dear Rick, Thanks for your response. How or where might obtain a copy of the October 2001 version and what would be the proper title of the software? Much appreciated, Nick On 29 Dec 2005 20:20:13 -0800, "Nick" <nicholas_jp@sympatico.ca> wrote: >How or where might obtain a copy of the October 2001 version and what >would be the proper title of the software? I think that's a good question. Personally, I do own a copy of that MSDN release, but I don't think I'm authorized by the licensing to redistribute it outside my "organ...

Permissions wrong on newly created file
I have two systems unrelated to each other with the same problem. Both systems are running 5.0.5 and have RS505A patch loaded. At the beginning of the month, a user will log into a certain program. If an error occurs while running the program, a log file is created automatically and the ownership and group are associated to the user. The permissions are set to 644 on the file. Once the file is created, other users that have errors occur in the same program will automatically update the log. With the permissions being incorrect, this can't happen and causes a core file to be created. ...

Please Help ... Visual Basic controlling other programs
I can use either VB6 or .Net running under WinXP. What I'd like to do is to open a program from my program, and be able to "click" buttons in the other program, and to "type" text into input fields. The other program is a freeware video clip frame grabber, that generates contact sheets of photos. I'd need to enter path/filename information, click the "Start" button, change numbers in input fields for number of pictures across/down on the contact sheet, and detect when the program finishes. Would I use Windows API functions for these tasks? Is this even possible? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Forte Agent wrote: > I can use either VB6 or .Net running under WinXP. What I'd like to do > is to open a program from my program, and be able to "click" buttons > in the other program, and to "type" text into input fields. The other > program is a freeware video clip frame grabber, that generates contact > sheets of photos. I'd need to enter path/filename information, click > the "Start" button, change numbers in input fields for number of > pictures across/down on the contact sheet, and detect when the program > finishes. Yes, it's possible, although it can be a bit convoluted finding the right control on the other app. Also, you cannot access label controls on the other app. Fortunately, I only ever needed to push buttons and readfrom/sendto textboxes. > Would I us...

Help Please
Hi I'm a novice VB hobbyist/programmer and i'm trying my best to write a small program for data collection and ordering products at my workplace in order to help myself out. I'm reading a textfile into an array during program initialisation as follows... ####################################################################### Open "Barcode Data.txt" For Input As #FileNumber X = 0 Do While Not EOF(1) ReDim Preserve LensDataArray(X) Line Input #FileNumber, LensDataArray(X) '(BarCode, Supplier, ProductDesc, SphBase, CylAdd, Pair)(X) DataString = LensDataArray(X) X = X + 1 Debug.Print DataString Debug.Print X 'DoEvents Loop Close #FileNumber ######################################################################## The file takes a short while to read into memory as it contains approx 60,000 separate product lines. The time this takes isn't really too much of a problem as it's at program startup and I figured it was better to have the info in an array ready to be used. The problem is searching the file. I'm always going to search on the Barcode. If the barcode i'm looking for is at the beginning of the array it finds it fairly quickly, but if it's near the end it takes quite a while to find it. Has anyone any suggestions as to how I can speed up the search routine, i'm currently using the fo...

Copying permissions to a newly created mdb file
Hi This has been tickling my mind for quite some time. Can someone tell me if Access 2003 has a solution for it. After a period of development, your front end will definitely bloat despite all the compacting and decompiling you do. The best solution so far I have found is to create a fresh new mdb file and import all table (links), queries, forms, reports, menu, macros and modules. That is great: file size shrinks and it runs faster (sometimes a bit, sometimes alot) But say if you have 80 queries, 65 forms, and dozens of reports with 10 user groups. This is a real pain in the butt to recreate all the object permissions. I could not find anything on www.mvps.org/access Someone can enlighten me? Thanks NB I am not aware of a mechanism to import all of your permissions into a new mdb but you can develop your own using DAO. First, create a table to record the permissions. Your table will need fields for container name (e.g. Tables, Forms, Reports, etc.) , document name, and one long integer field for each of your user groups. Write one procedure that enumerates all objects and stores the permissions for each user group in the table. Write another procedure that reapplies the permissions for each record in the table. Take a look at help and review the Containers and Documents collections, and the UserName and Permissions properties of the Document object for more information. Search the Google groups archives for permissions and you will probably find examples. HTH R...

Visual Basic: Reading Text File Problem
Hi, I'm in need of some ideas or help. Here's what's up. I've got a text file with three columns (separated by commas) with data. eg: ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC 553456 1 7 123456 1 7 123456 1 5 123456 1 2 857456 1 1 I can read this in fine, but what I want to achieve is output this to another text file (instantaneously if possible) like: ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC 553456 1 7 123456 3 14 857456 1 1 so where column A has the same number as the previous or the next line then they need to be grouped and totaled up. I would rather have it so it reads in the file and outputs the file rather than entering the info into an array etc. Thanks "Syed" <lepon@lineone.net> wrote in message <news:131d1097.0311261358.3e9ae399@posting.google.com>... > I've got a text file with three columns (separated by commas) with > data. > > eg: > > ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC > 553456 1 7 > 123456 1 7 > 123456 1 5 > 123456 1 2 > 857456 1 1 > > I can read this in fine, but what I want to achieve is output this to > another text file (instantaneously if possible) like: > > ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC > 553456 1 7 > 123456 3 14 > 857456 1 1 > > so where column A has the same numb...

please please please PLEASE help!
Hi, I've asked this question a couple of times before on this forum but no one seems to be nice enough to point me to the right direction or help me out with any information, if possible. Please help me out with this because this is a very serious issue for me and I need to learn more about this. And here it is again: I've been running postgres on my server for over a year now and the tables have become huge. I have 3 tables that have data over 10GB each and these tables are read very very frequently. In fact, heavy searches on these tables are expected every 2 to 3 minutes. T...

please please please PLEASE help!
Hi, I've asked this question a couple of times before on this forum but no one seems to be nice enough to point me to the right direction or help me out with any information, if possible. Please help me out with this because this is a very serious issue for me and I need to learn more about this. And here it is again: I've been running postgres on my server for over a year now and the tables have become huge. I have 3 tables that have data over 10GB each and these tables are read very very frequently. In fact, heavy searches on these tables are expected every 2 to 3 minutes. T...

PLEASE help to extract data of text file into variables
Guys please I need help reading a text file like this. I have posted a couple questions regarding this but I dont find a solution for this. I have been trying to use fscanf, textscan, textread, txt2mat, etc and I cannot get them to work. All my files are different but have the same structure. In this case it is a 3 machines (m) 6 jobs (n) as seen in the first two lines. Then it comes a matrix of jobs x machines (6x3) and then m number of matrices of (nxn). So basically the file structure can be known from the first two lines. Every matrix is separated by a blank line. This is an example of a ...

PLEASE HELP: How to create files and folders running my script????
Hi All: Is there any way I can get my script to be able to create and CHMOD folders and files??? I always get the following error: mkdir(TESTDIR): Permission denied in /usr/www/users... Is there a way I can enable the script to do all that by placing a ..htaccess file which contains some permissive directives? Thanks Jerry Jerry wrote: >Hi All: > >Is there any way I can get my script to be able to create and CHMOD >folders and files??? >I always get the following error: > >mkdir(TESTDIR): Permission denied in /usr/www/users... > >Is there a way I can enable the script to do all that by placing a >.htaccess file which contains some permissive directives? > >Thanks >Jerry > > mkdir(TESTDIR, 777); * replace 777 with the correct permissions. http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mkdir.php I think your problem would be more to do with the permissions you are trying to create the folder in. If it's Apache on linux, the user "nobody" will need correct permissions, to be able to write to the directory. You will need to do a CHMOD on the directory. .htaccess file will not fix this as pache doesn't even have the right to write. J. Jerry wrote: > Is there any way I can get my script to be able to create and CHMOD > folders and files??? > I always get the following error: > > mkdir(TESTDIR): Permission denied in /usr/www/users... > > Is there a way I can enable the script to do all that ...

Visual Basic 6.0 MSDN help Files
I recently had to reinstall visual basic 6.0. I also reinstalled the msdn files that came with vb6. When I need to search for an item in help, I type the keyword into the text box on the index tab. If I double click any of the possible results that are returned, a dialog box is displayed with the message Please Insert the cd-rom disc labeled "MSDN VS 6.0 CD2" into drive E. Previously, I did not have to have the msdn cd in the drive to access the vb help system. How can I get the help files on to my system?? Thanks, DW "David Watson" <dswans01@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:%RZRa.124492$ic1.2639427@twister.tampabay.rr.com... > I recently had to reinstall visual basic 6.0. I also reinstalled > the msdn files that came with vb6. > > When I need to search for an item in help, I type the keyword > into the text box on the index tab. If I double click any of the > possible results that are returned, a dialog box is displayed > with the message Please Insert the cd-rom disc labeled > "MSDN VS 6.0 CD2" into drive E. > > Previously, I did not have to have the msdn cd in the drive > to access the vb help system. > How can I get the help files on to my system?? > > Thanks, > DW > I had a similar experience. When I ran the installer, I realized that there is a custom install that allow you to pick the components to install. I picked all the VB stuff but didn't pick the Visual C. T...

Please help a newb with basic jpg file creation!
Hi all, I'm obviously new to these parts. I've got a couple of problems trying to make a jpg. 1 - I can't seem to find a way to place text over an area with graphics in it! I thought I had it working in MS Word 2000, but it turned out it looked good in doc mode, but print preview mode was totally whacked! 2 - I have three small logos that I've put on top of a color gradient, but the logos all have white backgrounds which, of course, cover up the gradient. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could help me figure out how to make their backgrounds transparent so the gradient underneath shows through. I've documented it fairly well, I think, on my web site: www.rjr32.org Please forgive the horrid HTML as I'm just learning that now as well. Many, MANY thanks to anyone who may be able to lend me a hand with this!!! Thanks, again! Best Regards, Rick Please remove _THE_OBVIOUS_ if emailing me. Thanks! On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:16:16 GMT, Rick the Graphics Newb <rutger_THE_OBVIOUS_6559@yahoo.com> wrote: > >Hi all, > >I'm obviously new to these parts. I've got a couple of problems >trying to make a jpg. I thought I'd post that, after much blood, sweat, and almost tears, I've finally solved my problem. Thanks! ...

[LogoForum] Re: reading text files (was: Help please!!!)
The message below is being cross-posted from LogoForum. > From: "jotape1960" <jotape1960@yahoo.com> > > HI LOGO FANS!!!!!!! > > What's happen with the list? Is somebody here? > > Well, if somebody read this letter, please HELP ME!!! > > I have a text format file, with alphanumeric values, separated with > spaces, and I wanna read it with MSWLOGO but I can't. Why? Because = Logo > reads the first line of values and... nothing more!!! Apparently, when > Logo comes to the end of the line, it stops to read. How can I get = Logo > still goes beyond the end of line point? > > Thanks for your time!!! > > GOD bless you all!!!!!!! > > Juan J. Paredes G. > =46rom Curic=F3, Chile, with love With LogoFE you'd just type: make "list.of.lists importa!lis "filename.txt Daniel ***************************** OpenWorld Learning http://www.openworldlearning.org LogoForum messages are archived at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LogoForum ...

creating DBF file from text file
Dear all, I need to store pages delimited by FORMFEED character to Memo fields . each record is indexed by unique key such account number . Where can I find functions that deal with this matter ? On Mon, 6 Aug 2012 02:45:06 -0700 (PDT), happytoday <ehabaziz2001@gmail.com> wrote: >Dear all, >I need to store pages delimited by FORMFEED character to Memo fields . >each record is indexed by unique key such account number . >Where can I find functions that deal with this matter ? I'm a bit rusty now but isn't a simple matter of append from xxx.txt delimited with chr(whatever formfeed is ~ chr(12)?) Alternative progressively read the file picking out each block of text between each occurence of the formfeed character. -- AnthonyL Dear happytoday: On Monday, August 6, 2012 2:45:06 AM UTC-7, happytoday wrote: .... > I need to store pages delimited by FORMFEED character character 12. > to Memo fields . AnthonyL's method using "append from ... delimited with" is most elegant. This will generate one record for each page. An alternative might be to simply append the entire file into the memo field (memoread()). That way you always have all pages, in order, and one record for the entire "report". select <cMemoFileTableAlias> append blank replace AcctNo with Master->AcctNo replace RprtName with <cFileName> replace CaptureDt with date() replace ...

creating a 3d array from an ascii vector file.... help please!!
I am trying to create a multi-dimensional array, which is filled from an ascii vector file, but I am struggling! the vector file consists of this format: UTM_Easting | UTM_Northing | Altitude | Value 00000 00000 1016 0.003 00000 00100 1020 0.023 00000 00200 1032 0.035 : : : 00000 29800 2345 1.543 00000 29900 2375 1.526 00000 30000 2380 1.753 00100 00000 1008 0.035 00100 00100 1032 0.053 00100 00200 1034 0.103 : : : 00100 29900 2376 1.631 00100 30000 2394 1.427 00200 00000 1039 0.126 00200 00100 1055 0.193 : : : 00200 30000 2399 1.602 00300 00000 1084 0.126 : ...

csv convert to dat, file access denied, Please help
Hi, csv file is excel saved as .csv. File reads correct is dictionairy editor. app does not read file (access denied) Why ? Thanks very much. I can send the dct and app if you would like to help. Customer needs this on Friday. Arthur c55 clarion tpl's (Always learning) This is code from process embed from app LOOP message('in loop') NEXT(XL_Leden) ! message('in loop after next xl-leden') IF ErrorCode() Message('error') Break Else DO AssignRecord APPEND(Leden) ! IF CheckError() THEN RETURN. Count += 1 DISPLAY(?Count) End END BUILD(Leden) ! IF CheckError() THEN RETURN. AssignRecord ROUTINE message('in assign record') CLEAR(Led:Record) Nr# = 0 I# = 0 message('len',len(clip(Xll:Label1))) Loop I# = 1 to Len(Clip(XLL:Label1)) !I# gives places in label1 where there is a ';' message('in len loop') If Instring(';',XLL:Label1,1,I#) ! If ; found Nr# += 1 SliceNr[Nr#] = I# ! message('in loop instring') End End message('assign xll to led') Led:LEDID = XLL:Label1[1,SliceNr[1]] Led:NGF_NR = XLL:Label1[SliceNr[1],SliceNr[2]] ! etc .. Hi A.D. What is the File definition of the csv file. Are you using the ASCII file driver or the Basic? What are you defining as the delimiter? If you like send me the app and dct an...

Create XML file from text file
Hello all! I was wondering whether there was a way, using any XML parser (preferably xerces), to create an XML file by reading, line by line a text file. Thank you, Marios Tofarides matofarides@gmail.com wrote: > Hello all! > > I was wondering whether there was a way, using any XML parser > (preferably xerces), to create an XML file by reading, line by line a > text file. Generally not, since an XML parse, by definition, parses XML and plain text is not XML. What I've done in such situations is to write a parser for the source language (whatever kind of language i...

common statement - what is the visual basic equivalent
I am trying to convert a fortran program into visual basic and have come across a command I don't understand. My fortran research talked about putting data into common blocks, but that left me as mystified as before. The line states: common /ambsa/ tt,idum what is the purpose of the above fortran command and what is the visual basic equivalent of the above statement. Thank you very much for any insight you can give me. Please take out the "qwerty"s if you wish to email me. Respectfully yours, Steven Repstock Steven Repstock wrote: > I am trying to convert a fortran program into visual basic and have come > across a command I don't understand. My fortran research talked about > putting data into common blocks, but that left me as mystified as before. > The line states: > > common /ambsa/ tt,idum > > what is the purpose of the above fortran command and what is the visual > basic equivalent of the above statement. Thank you very much for any insight > you can give me. Well, its purpose is a variable definition. And there is no exact equivalent of the above line in Visual Basic, or to my knowledge in any non-Fortran programming language. Common blocks, to a rough approximation, an equivalent of global variables. In this case, "tt" and "idum" are the variables being defined; "ambsa" is the name of the common block. If you were to put the same line in another subroutine, the memory spot us...

Please help: I need to create a midi file using C language
1.I am considering doing a simple midi file generator for my 4th year project in B.SC. 2.I would do it using c language, but i'm not sure how difficult it would be. 3.Basically, the executable c program would read a text document with some "musical pseudocode" representing some `tune`. Then convert the "musical pseudocode" into "midi code" that could be played in any midi player like `windows media player`. 4.How would you do this? 5.I hear that you could use `truncated fourier series`; but how to do this? 6.Also, how to re-create various musial in...

Web resources about - Permission Denied on newly created text file please help - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

Permission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Fixing Vulnerability That Would Prohibit Users From Revoking App Permissions
Facebook is working to remedy a vulnerability discovered by application security provider MyPermissions , which blocks users of the social network ...

Dwight Murphy - Ok, I now have permission to share the... - Facebook
Ok, I now have permission to share the news about Bowe Bergdahl..This in 2 emails... Here it is in Bob Bergdahls words to me! (1) You guys rock! ...

How-To: Handle Revoked Auth Permissions
This how-to document will help developers check a user's permissions and prompt that user for any missing permissions.

Facebook gives users more options for login, app permissions
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s new mantra of “Move fast with stable infra,” might not be as sexy as “ Move fast and break things ,” but it reflects ...

Davies McDonalds Happy Meal Project- all photos ©Sally Davies- use with permission only - an album on ...
View the album on Flickr. Flickr logo. If you click it, you'll go home Sign Up Explore Recent Photos The Commons 20under20 Galleries World Map ...

Arafat's widow grants permission for Swiss lab to test poisoning theory
The Palestinian Authority also approved the probe, which was requested by Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas after a media investigation found ...

'Give me the tooth': Pensioner fights for teeth 'taken without permission'
Perth pensioner Doreen Wilkes is fighting to get her front teeth back after they were allegedly removed by a student dentist without permission. ...

CSIRO moves toward industrial action: seeks Fair Work permission for protected action ballot
CSIRO's new chief executive Larry Marshall could soon be faced with disruptive staff.