printer specific properties through printer object

Dear All,
I am working on a dotmatrix printer through a VB application. I am
trying to print a ledger report which may be more than one pages on a
12" long & 10" wide fanfold paper. The problem is that when I issue a
..newpage command the printer head instead of moving to the next page
moves some calculated inches and starts printing the next page. The
pageheader hence gets printed over the area where the paper makes a
fold and the new page starts. also the calculated inches that the
printer head moves noticeably makes an equal increment after each page
i.e. if the pageheader of the 2nd page gets printed on the first page
then the 3rd page's header plus a few of the foolowing lines get
printed in the 2nd page's end and so on...
     I think that if a forced form feed is supplied after every
..newpage then the problem can be resolved ,BUT how do I do that forced
form feed. Also how I access the specific printer properties for the
printer that is attached. Any guesses/advises/tips to solving the
problem would be deeply appreciated.

We are looking at using winapi in future, BUT WE CANT SWITCH
IMMEDIATELY AS TOO MUCH CODE HAS ALREADY BEEN WRITTEN.

thanks,
Bye.
Yash Poddar

On 11 Sep 2004 02:06:45 -0700, yashpoddar@yahoo.com (Yash Poddar) you
typed some letters in random order:

>Dear All,
>I am working on a dotmatrix printer through a VB application. I am
>trying to print a ledger report which may be more than one pages on a
>12" long & 10" wide fanfold paper. The problem is that when I issue a
>.newpage command the printer head instead of moving to the next page
>moves some calculated inches and starts printing the next page. The
>pageheader hence gets printed over the area where the paper makes a
>fold and the new page starts. also the calculated inches that the

It looks like you did not set the right papersize in de printer
properties window. You do use a windows printer driver ?

>printer head moves noticeably makes an equal increment after each page
>i.e. if the pageheader of the 2nd page gets printed on the first page
>then the 3rd page's header plus a few of the foolowing lines get
>printed in the 2nd page's end and so on...
>     I think that if a forced form feed is supplied after every
>.newpage then the problem can be resolved ,BUT how do I do that forced
>form feed. Also how I access the specific printer properties for the
>printer that is attached. Any guesses/advises/tips to solving the
>problem would be deeply appreciated.
>
>We are looking at using winapi in future, BUT WE CANT SWITCH
>IMMEDIATELY AS TOO MUCH CODE HAS ALREADY BEEN WRITTEN.
>
>thanks,
>Bye.
>Yash Poddar

Have you tried:
printer.papersize or printer.height & printer.width

Groetjenz,

Mickey
--
#### gewoan skrieve su ast ut seist ####
0

report object property 2C whether specific printer or default printer?
Access 97 Q: Can I examine a report object property setting in VBA and tell whether the report is setup to print to a specific printer or to the windows default printer? You know, the setting you see in the little window that appears when you open report in design view, click File, Page Setup, the Page tab (middle one). There's a little 2-radio button option group there allowing me to choose (1) default printer or (2) user specific printer. I'd like to cycle through all my printers and determine the setting programatically. Ideas? Could you store the value in the Tag property of the report? Or in a table and grab the value when you are going to print the report by using a variation of D/TLookup? Then if you leave the tag value blank, it'll use the default printer. On 24 Sep 2006 20:57:50 -0700, pietlinden@hotmail.com wrote: >Could you store the value in the Tag property of the report? Or in a >table and grab the value when you are going to print the report by >using a variation of D/TLookup? > >Then if you leave the tag value blank, it'll use the default printer. Thx. That would work, sure enough, for future reports created. Of course, so would making sure all reports created henceforth are done so with the windows default printer selection set. I'm in need of checking the setting on 50+ reports that have already been created 'n saved. Done! Had ot use a windoze macro generator to automate the process and had to watch it thro...

using the printer object, how do I tell what my default printer is
I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings so I'm thinking this will set the prt object to my default printer Dim prt As Printer Set prt = Application.Printers(0) but it doesn't and application.printers.count correct shows that I have eight possible printers so I could cycle through them if there was a prt property for 'default printer' but I can't find one is there a way to do this ? On Nov 9, 5:19=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote: > I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings > so I'm thinking this will set the prt object to my default printer > > =A0 =A0 Dim prt As Printer > =A0 =A0 Set prt =3D Application.Printers(0) > > but it doesn't > and application.printers.count correct shows that I have eight > possible printers > so I could cycle through them if there was a prt property for 'default > printer' =A0but I can't find one > > is there a way to do this ? looks like this will do it application.Printer.DeviceName and application.printer also has a rightMargin setting so ?application.printer.RightMargin 360 how does 360 relate to a 1" margin if I change the margin using application.Printer.RightMargin =3D 200 will it apply to any reports that are printed or export to pdf (access2010) On Nov 9, 6:27=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote: > On Nov 9, 5:19=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote: ...

Printer Ink
Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill - Hi, I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill. I already have some information about Printer Ink on the website - www.Printer-Ink.biz; what I am looking for is pictures and diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge and printer ink refill work for the www.Printer-ink.biz website. Specifically, I am looking for good pictures of printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer refill in action, maybe in a ink jet printer or laser printer - however, diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer ink refill work in a laser printer, ink jet printer, or even dot matrix printer might be interesting as well. Please only send your own images - with your pictures, please include permission to post them on www.Printer-Ink.biz . Images to pics@Printer-Ink.biz . Thank you, info@Printer-Ink.biz Subject : Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill for www.Printer-Ink.biz flrealbot@yahoo.com wrote: > Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink > Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill > - > > Hi, > > > I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on > Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink ...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Similar Visual Basic .NET's "Anchor" property in Visual Objects?
Hello to everybody, I was wondering if it's posible to design a DataWindow with controls (Single-Line Edit, Multi-Line Edit, etc) with a similar behavior that it's seen in Visual Basic .NET when using the "Anchor" property? What does the Anchor feature do? When you set the controls in VB.NET forms, you can properly resize the controls based on the size of the form. For a better explanation of what this property do (because my English is so poor), you can watch the following video: http://www.microsoft.com/seminar/shared/asp/view.asp?url=/Seminar/en/20040312VBIDE01/manifest.xml&rate=1 Thanks in advance. Best Regards, David Desmet David, VO Owner Alignment property works similar to VS "anchor" property and TableLayoutPpanel component. By the way, I cannot see this video. The screen is black. I can hear only voice. I've noticed that problem from some time. I see all online videos black. It is related only to videos which are started from internet link - (streaming?). But when I download the video (WMV file) than I can view it correctly. I do not know why. XP SP2, Windows Media Player 11, IE 7. Marek Uzytkownik "iDesmet" <idesmet.vom@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:1177687124.792751.287230@t38g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hello to everybody, > > I was wondering if it's posible to design a DataWindow with controls > (Single-Line Edit, Multi-Line ...

Visual Objects compared to Visual Basic and Visual C.
Who can explain me why I have to use VO instead of VB or VC? OR is is there no difference? With kind regards Rob van der Ploeg Rob, Every language has his (dis)advantages. The ones you mention are all wrappers around the Win32 API. VO is a very nice and easy language compared to VC. Data-access is famous with VO, but also memorymanagement, the cargage collector, ragged array's. and the result is fast and reliable code. You do not have to declare every variable if you do not want to. (but you will) Comparing to VB is VO a real OOP langangue where VB is not. You can write your own classes, inherit classes from VO classes or from your own classes, Overide methods, use both strong and loose typed variables, write early and late bound code VO comes with a SDK containing the sourcecode of the part of VO written in VO (almost everything except f.i. the compiler) With VO you get this newsgroup, where almost every question is answered within hours. VO has a prof. usergroup in the netherlands, check www.sdgn.nl. with very often very well organised conferences. I think it is the best organised usergroup in the world. VO is limitted to the Win32 api. A .NET version is announced, but withoot a releasedate yet. More inforrmation about VO can be found at www.cavo.com regards, Erik "Mobi-Data Helpdesk" <info@direcom.nl> schreef in bericht news:1070360435.358105@tbird.introweb.nl... > Who can explain me why I have to use...

Printer Properties take 1-2 minutes to come-up on network printers
Hi folks, I have Red Hat 7.3 running Samba 2.2.1a, and when I try to pull-up Printer Properties to either our HP Laserjet 5n or Lexmark Optra Lx+ fron Windows 2000 Pro, it takes 1-2 minutes for the properties to come-up. Once I start printing, it takes another 30 seconds to a minute for the print job to start printing.. where it prints fast after that point. Here's my /etc/printcap.local for the Lexmark - Webmaster_Lexmark:\ :sd=/var/spool/lpd/Webmaster_Lexmark:\ :rm=128.127.104.250:\ :mx#0:\ :sh:\ :rp=: And here's my entry in smb.conf [Webmaster_Lexmark] comment = My Office path = /var/spool/samba guest ok = yes printable = yes force user = root printer name = Webmaster_Lexmark printer driver = Lexmark Optra L Plus Series The HP is setup the same way, but with appropriate names and driver. All prints and works fine... just very slow between when I select print properties and initiate the print job to when it starts printing. From that point, the printer prints fast. I changed my Samba errorlog level to 3 and reviewed the logs. Most of this is Greek to me, but I don't see any errors nor anything that jumps out. Anything I should look for specifically? Thanks for any suggestions or ideas, Alex. alex@totallynerd.com (Alex) wrote in message news:<2ba4b4eb.0309030659.625e848e@posting.google.com>... > Hi folks, > > I have Red Hat 7.3 running Sam...

Printer Object?
hi, i had used the dollowing code Private Sub Form_Load() Dim TicketFile As Long Dim TempTicket As String TempTicket = "C:\temp_ticket.txt" 'obtain the next free file handle from the system 'and load the file into the label TicketFile = FreeFile Open TempTicket For Input As #TicketFile lblTicket.Caption = Input$(LOF(TicketFile), TicketFile) Close #TicketFile End Sub Private Sub cmdSubmitOrder_Click() Printer.Print lblTicket.Caption Printer.EndDoc End Sub as you can see the file temp_ticket.txt is displayed in the lblTicket.Caption but the code Printer.Print lblTicket.Caption Printer.EndDoc when i press the button this is assigned to "cmdSubmitOrder" nothing happens I have a printer hooked up and it works fine printing through MS word so can anyone give me any reasons or pointers as to why this isn't working? Thanks Christo In response to the post: On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 18:39:30 -0000, "Christo" <chris@juststuffnospam.co.uk> stated...and I replied: >hi, i had used the dollowing code > >Private Sub Form_Load() > Dim TicketFile As Long > Dim TempTicket As String > > TempTicket = "C:\temp_ticket.txt" > > 'obtain the next free file handle from the system > 'and load the file into the label > TicketFile = FreeFile > Open TempTicket For Input As #TicketFile > lblTicket.Caption = Input$(LOF(TicketFile), Ticket...

Printer Object
Hi there, I am using the Printer Object to print some address labels on a sheet of Avery Labels. I use the CurrentX and CurrentY to position the text on the labels and this works fine. The printer(s) being used are all Canon printers using the same drivers. Is there a way to make it print only from the stack bypass rather than from the usual paper drawers? TIA -- Allen Inflammable material implanted in my head It's a suspect device that's left 2000 dead > I am using the Printer Object to print some address labels on a sheet of > Avery Labels. I use the CurrentX and CurrentY to position the text on the > labels and this works fine. The printer(s) being used are all Canon > printers using the same drivers. Is there a way to make it print only from > the stack bypass rather than from the usual paper drawers? The Printer Object has a PaperBin property which I think you can use (if your printer's driver supports it). Look this property up in the help files to see the many argument values that are available. Rick - MVP On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:55:43 -0500, Rick Rothstein wrote: >> I am using the Printer Object to print some address labels on a sheet of >> Avery Labels. I use the CurrentX and CurrentY to position the text on the >> labels and this works fine. The printer(s) being used are all Canon >> printers using the same drivers. Is there a way to make it print only > from >> the stack bypass rather than ...

Install a printer driver using Visual Basic 6.0
Hello All, Is there a way from visual basic code that I can install a printer driver for a new printer that being added to the system? Thanks in advance for help with this! ...

printer supplies or new printer
I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter feeding a Canon BJC210. I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 I need either ink cartidges for the printer, or a new printer that turbo will recognise. Any suggestion? (PS - sorry I use a Windows for internet and everything else.) "Letmesnapu2" <alan.r.archer@btinternet.com> wrote: > I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter > feeding a Canon BJC210. > > I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 > > I need either ink cartidges for ...

Printer-Object again
Hallo NG! WindowsXP/HE SP2, OfficeXP/Pro SP3, VB5E I am using the following code to print a document Printer.EndDoc Printer.Orientation =3D vbPRORLandscape cdlStandard.ShowPrinter Form2.Frame2.Visible =3D False Form2.PrintForm Printer.EndDoc Form2.Frame2.Visible =3D True Always the print comes in portrait orientation and also the dialog ist mostly not shown. I have an other big VB5-job, where landscaping works! Also with Excel or Word printing is allright. The printer is a hp970cxi with updated driver. Any hints please? Vy 73! Helge -- = Helge, DJ1WM No eMails please On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 11:16:27 +0200, "Helge Haensel" <dj1wm@nurfuerspam.de> wrote: >Hallo NG! >WindowsXP/HE SP2, OfficeXP/Pro SP3, VB5E >I am using the following code to print a document > > Printer.EndDoc > Printer.Orientation =3D vbPRORLandscape > cdlStandard.ShowPrinter > Form2.Frame2.Visible =3D False > Form2.PrintForm > Printer.EndDoc > Form2.Frame2.Visible =3D True > >Always the print comes in portrait orientation >and also the dialog ist mostly not shown. >I have an other big VB5-job, where landscaping >works! Also with Excel or Word printing is allright. >The printer is a hp970cxi with updated driver. >Any hints please? Mike Williams will pop up and explain that Form.PrintForm is a load of rubbish and should never...

Phaser printers and LED printers
I have need to purchase, for a small office environment, a printer for color brochures. It needs to handle speeds in the 10-20 pages per minute range and mainly for letter size paper. Target price is $1000-1200. I prefer something other than inkjet printers for this application, and recent color laser printer output I've seen is quite good. There seem to be several models from the major manufacturers available for under a grand, but they seem to cluster around 4 pages per minute in color, which is too slow. We will be printing runs of a few hundred pages at a time, probably 2-3 times a month. The Xerox Phaser 8200 looks good; it is not a laser printer, but it's output is very nice, and consumables seem to have reasonable cost. The Oki 5300 also seems to fill the bill, but I believe that it's an LED printer, and I've been warned that LED printers can have registration problems. Would any kind soul care to share their views on this topic??? TIA, Dwight Huffman In article <3FA089D2.5FFC9088@gte.net>, Dwight Huffman <d.huffman@gte.net> writes > >The Xerox Phaser 8200 looks good; it is not a laser printer, but it's >output is very nice, and consumables seem to have reasonable cost. > I bought one of these nearly a month ago now, good output and pretty simple for adding ink etc. I've seen reports that you need to leave it on to avoid ink being used in cleaning cycles when powering on and off, ...

Printer properties
Is there any way to make a print button on a form show the printer properties dialog before actual printing the report linked to the command button in AC97 ? I've noticed that opening the report and then hitting CTL+P does produce the dialog box but I cannot get this to work via a command button. Most menu items are deactivated in this database BTW. "Eagle" <avan@not.nl> wrote in message news:43346596$0$49555$dbd43001@news.wanadoo.nl... > Is there any way to make a print button > on a form show the printer properties > dialog before actual printing the report > linked to the command button in AC97 ? > I've noticed that opening the report and > then hitting CTL+P does produce the > dialog box but I cannot get this to work > via a command button. Most menu items > are deactivated in this database BTW. My users have, in general, been happy with my opening Reports in Print Preview. That way, they are in control of the actual printing. Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP "Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> schreef in bericht news:9G_Ye.899$qC4.888@trnddc02... > > "Eagle" <avan@not.nl> wrote in message > news:43346596$0$49555$dbd43001@news.wanadoo.nl... > > > Is there any way to make a print button > > on a form show the printer properties > > dialog before actual printing the report > > linked to the command button in AC97 ? > >...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Printer drivers for new printers
I have just bought a couple of printers and I am trying to find drivers for them without any success. The printers I have are a Canon S330 and a Canon i950. Both are connected on a windows printer/home control server. For the S330 I have used the S300 printer driver (qimp-print), the print quality is horrible but at least it prints the correct size, as for the i950, I used the BJC-8200 printer driver and it prints at 1/4 of the size it is supposed to. Canon only supports windows and Mac os, at least that is their official response. Is there anywhere I can find printer driv...

Printer
We are running an AS400 with S36 as a host and have connected a Bryce address printer through a Praim protocol converter. We have no problem printing from the S36 side but when we try to use it on the AS400 we have a problem. When we try to start the printer we get the following error message " Writer cannot use device PRT03 because the device is not powered on or varied on or is in use by another job". We have tried everything mentioned in this error message with no success. We are using serveral other printers on both operating systems without a problem. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Tim Hi Tim Well it's a while ago but.....your printer must be stopped at the as/400 site when you want to use it as a S/36 (M36) printer. I presume it's a twinax printer that's mappep in the M36 CFG. Marcel "Tim" <tlsmith@tznet.com> schreef in bericht news:CYGcnbt8svgRiveiU-KYjQ@tznet.com... > We are running an AS400 with S36 as a host and have connected a Bryce > address printer through a Praim protocol converter. We have no problem > printing from the S36 side but when we try to use it on the AS400 we have a > problem. When we try to start the printer we get the following error message > " Writer cannot use device PRT03 because the device is not powered on or > varied on or is in use by another job". We have tried everything mentioned > in this error message with no success. We are usin...

printer
Hello, I have te possibility to buy a DMP2000 printer. It is new, never been used, how much to pay for this? THX,Fabien "Fabien Nicaud" <fabien.nicaud@wanadoo.fr> a �crit dans le message de news: bq8908$3vk$1@news-reader5.wanadoo.fr... > Hello, > > I have te possibility to buy a DMP2000 printer. It is new, never been used, > how much to pay for this? > > THX,Fabien > > Always a harsh question... It can go from none to a dozen of euros... I guess the right price is the price you're willing to pay for it ! ;-) Charles ...

printer
Hello, Im looking for a way to print direct out of my win32-application (without any common-dialog). I must use Win-sdk. If its possible would you send me an example source code. Thank you very much Maxwell Read This. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;124649 Ali R. "Maxwell" <matthias.eiser@planet-interkom.de> wrote in message news:bn3sjb$qgd6u$1@ID-207861.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hello, > > Im looking for a way to print direct out of my win32-application (without > any common-dialog). I must use Win-sdk. If its po...

Printer
I'm heartily sick of the running costs of my Cannon i865 - every time I want to use it, and that's not much, it needs new cartridges. Which cost a fortune. I could get Michelangelo to draw things for me for less. So am I right in saying a laser will be much cheaper for occasional use - no head cleaning to waste ink? If so, which one? Mono is fine. Using an RPC with 4.39. And a Unipod for USB - if needed. And would I be better using a driver prog that shares it with my PC? Details would be nice. -- *Why is 'abbreviation' such a long word? Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW To e-mail, change noise into sound. In article <4fee2484cddave@davenoise.co.uk>, Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote: > I'm heartily sick of the running costs of my Cannon i865 - every time I > want to use it, and that's not much, it needs new cartridges. Which cost > a fortune. I could get Michelangelo to draw things for me for less. > So am I right in saying a laser will be much cheaper for occasional use > - no head cleaning to waste ink? > If so, which one? Mono is fine. Using an RPC with 4.39. And a Unipod for > USB - if needed. And would I be better using a driver prog that shares > it with my PC? Details would be nice. I have used Canon printers for a long time and found them quite economical, though I never had an i865. The print head looks much like the one of my IP ...

printer
Printer light is on but not responding. Can't print anything. ----- Posted via NewsOne.Net: Free (anonymous) Usenet News via the Web ----- http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email abuse@newsone.net ...

printer
I'm a looking for a good quality inkjet printer for good quality digital photography printing . I would bre grateful for any recommended models thanks t ...

The object you referenced in the Visual Basic procedure as an OLE object isn't an OLE object.
Hi, I have a macro on Ms Access 2000 with an action: SetValue; Item: [Forms]![Main Menu].[Visible] and Expression:Yes. I have an OpenForm action just before this action, so definitely the form is opened when the SetValue action is called, but I get the following error :"The object you referenced in the Visual Basic procedure as an OLE object isn't an OLE object." The problem is that I have run this code on several PCs, but no error was ever reported except on 1 PC. So I don't expect the problem to come from the macro. Could it be something about the settings on Access or about the installation process? Thanks V=E9ronique Veronique, May be the application that the OLE-object refers to for opening the OLE-object is not installed on that PC ? (just a guess, I didn't verify that particular error-message) Marc veronique.brenda@gmail.com schreef: > Hi, > > I have a macro on Ms Access 2000 with an action: SetValue; > Item: [Forms]![Main Menu].[Visible] and > Expression:Yes. > I have an OpenForm action just before this action, so definitely the > form is opened when the SetValue action is called, but I get the > following error :"The object you referenced in the Visual Basic > procedure as an OLE object isn't an OLE object." > > The problem is that I have run this code on several PCs, but no error > was ever reported except on 1 PC. So I don't expect the problem to come > from the macro. Could it ...

Web resources about - printer specific properties through printer object - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

Properties of water - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the physical and chemical properties of pure water. For general discussion and its distribution and importance in life, ...

Facebook Surpasses All Google Properties In Brazil
Facebook overtook Orkut to became Brazil’s top social network in January, but has only overtaken all of Google’s properties in that nation just ...

Extended Profile Properties - Facebook-Entwickler
These Permissions cannot be revoked in the Login Dialog during the login flow, meaning they are non-optional for Users when logging into your ...

PortPerry Properties (@brian14mckinlay) on Twitter

Hawaii Real Estate Properties on the App Store on iTunes
Get Hawaii Real Estate Properties on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

House Hunters International films episode at properties in Ingleburn, Glenfield and Macquarie Links
MILLIONS of TV viewers across the world will catch a glimpse of Ingleburn, Glenfield and Macquarie Links in an episode of leading American property ...

Malcolm Turnbull's tax two-step: focus shifts to super, rental properties, expenses
Longstanding tax breaks for superannuation contributions and investment properties are in the frame as the Turnbull government scrambles for ...

General Growth Properties CEO Sandeep Mathrani Clarifies Statement About Amazon
GGP Clarifies Statement About Amazon CHICAGO( BUSINESS WIRE )General Growth Properties, Inc. (NYSE: GGP) Chief Executive Officer Sandeep Mathrani ...

Developer, Sound Transit ‘really close’ on $25 million deal for Broadway light rail properties
As controversy swirls around its plans for an anchor tenant in the project, a representative for Gerding Edlen said the developer is “really ...

Expect to see more PlayStation properties on mobile
Sony is opening a new division, ForwardWorks, in Tokyo to turn some of its existing PlayStation properties into "full-fledged game titles" for ...