Screen saver - detecting mouse moves

Hi,

I need to create a screen saver for my VB6 app. I can't just write a
windows screen saver because my app needs to be able to keep updating
to content of the screen saver and also turn it off when necessary.

The bit I'm struggling with is recognising mouse moves (so if there
aren't any within a period of time the screen saver activates). I
can't just use the mousemove event for all objects in my app because
there are too many. So is there another way of catching mouse move
events, even if my app's not in focus

Many thanks

Chris

On 13 May 2004 00:44:07 -0700, dchrislloyd@hotmail.com (Chris) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I need to create a screen saver for my VB6 app. I can't just write a
>windows screen saver because my app needs to be able to keep updating
>to content of the screen saver and also turn it off when necessary.
>
>The bit I'm struggling with is recognising mouse moves (so if there
>aren't any within a period of time the screen saver activates). I
>can't just use the mousemove event for all objects in my app because
>there are too many. So is there another way of catching mouse move
>events, even if my app's not in focus

You can use a system wide hook
This has to be in a 'real' DLL
Those things are reportedly very dangerous and will crash when certain
software packages are running

The easiest method is to use a Timer and the GetCursorPos API

0
erewhon (1218)
5/13/2004 7:51:03 AM
 Hello Chris. I took a run at it.

Option Explicit

'The big hammer. An API! Play peek-a-boo with the message queue.
Private Declare Function PeekMessage Lib "user32" Alias "PeekMessageA" _
    (lpMsg As Msg, ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal wMsgFilterMin As Long, _
    ByVal wMsgFilterMax As Long, ByVal wRemoveMsg As Long) As Long

'Even Oblio had a point.
Private Type POINTAPI
    x As Long
    y As Long
End Type

'What's in the mail message.
Private Type Msg
    hWnd As Long
    Message As Long
    wParam As Long
    lParam As Long
    time As Long
    pt As POINTAPI
End Type

'What's an API without a constant or two.
Private Const PM_NOREMOVE As Long = &H0

Private intFinished As Integer

'Set up the default values. Make sure Timer1 isn't running and then run a
message
'loop that will check on what's up at the "App's PostOffice".
Private Sub Form_Load()
    Me.Show
    Timer1.Enabled = False
    MessageLoop
End Sub

"The question here is "Are we getting any messages from the app?" By using
the
'PeekMessage API we can see if there are any messages waiting to be posted
to 'the window. In this case this form (me.hWnd). I want to peek at all of
the 'messages, so I set the lower message range and upper message =  0. I
don't
'want to process any of the messages so I use PM_NOREMOVE. When this
'expression (PeekMessage(myMsg, Me.hWnd, 0, 0, PM_NOREMOVE)) returns
'false I enable the timer. If I get a message I keep the timer disabled. I
didn't want
'to lock up the system so I DoEvents.
Private Sub MessageLoop()
Dim myMsg As Msg
    intFinished = 0
    Do While intFinished <> 1
        If PeekMessage(myMsg, Me.hWnd, 0, 0, PM_NOREMOVE) Then
            Timer1.Enabled = False
        Else
            Timer1.Enabled = True
        End If
        DoEvents
    Loop
End Sub

If you get in here it means that there was no new messages for whatever the
time
'you set for the timer. Me, I used 2000 for the interval.  Set the value of
intFinished
'to get out of the message loop. This is where you would do your screensaver
stuff.
'I just unloaded the form.
Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
    intFinished = 1
    Unload Me
End Sub

HTH

I love the sound deadlines make as they go by.

"Chris" <dchrislloyd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I need to create a screen saver for my VB6 app. I can't just write a
> windows screen saver because my app needs to be able to keep updating
> to content of the screen saver and also turn it off when necessary.
>
> The bit I'm struggling with is recognising mouse moves (so if there
> aren't any within a period of time the screen saver activates). I
> can't just use the mousemove event for all objects in my app because
> there are too many. So is there another way of catching mouse move
> events, even if my app's not in focus
>
> Many thanks
>
> Chris

0
bigdaddy (4)
5/13/2004 12:20:08 PM
In message <858e1ebe.0405122344.1d554086@posting.google.com>, Chris
<dchrislloyd@hotmail.com> writes
>I need to create a screen saver for my VB6 app. I can't just write a
>windows screen saver because my app needs to be able to keep updating
>to content of the screen saver and also turn it off when necessary.

Chris, why not use a standard screen saver ? You can use just about any
code you want there.

I've got a rough and ready, though working, VB6 one here. It implements
all the functions except password protection and it updates the
displayed saver. You'd be welcome to the source code.

Regards

--
Martin Trump
0
"Big Daddy" <bigdaddy@purethought.ca> wrote in message news:<dPJoc.27680$dr1.757805@news20.bellglobal.com>...
> Hello Chris. I took a run at it.

snip Big Daddy's code

Many thanks for both your replies. Thanks for the code big daddy, I
especially liked your comments.

I'm not sure which option I'll go for yet, perhaps the simpler one
will suffice

Chris
"Martin Trump" <martin@wmeadow.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> In message <858e1ebe.0405122344.1d554086@posting.google.com>, Chris
> <dchrislloyd@hotmail.com> writes
> >I need to create a screen saver for my VB6 app. I can't just write a
> >windows screen saver because my app needs to be able to keep updating
> >to content of the screen saver and also turn it off when necessary.
>
> Chris, why not use a standard screen saver ? You can use just about any
> code you want there.
>
> I've got a rough and ready, though working, VB6 one here. It implements
> all the functions except password protection and it updates the
> displayed saver. You'd be welcome to the source code.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Martin Trump

Thanks for the offer Martin

I thought about using a standard screen saver, but I want it to be more
integrated into my vb app than that would allow, for changing the content of
it. Also I need to be able to turn it off when needed, which I guess can be
done, but it's easier just to hide my screen saver form.

Move the mouse to the center of the screen
Hello! I need to put the mouse at the center of the screen with an Opengl command: does exist this command or I must control mouse by handling connection to window manager (Windows, X)? Thanks to everybody! Marco Bonifazi www.marcobonifazi.com Marco wrote: > Hello! > I need to put the mouse at the center of the screen with an > Opengl command: does exist this command No, OpenGL is a _rendering_ API!!! OpenGL != windowing system => No user input related functions in OpenGL. See the manual of your GUI system, probably one of {X11, Win32 GDI, MacOS X Aqua}. Please read the FAQ,...

moving Visual Basic to OREXX
Hi, I'm switching a little application from VB to OREXX, but I need some help. What is the equivalent codesequence in OREXX for the VB statement: Declare Function myFunc Lib "c:\test.dll" (Byval int01 as integer, Byval line as string) as integer Thank you. Hi opa, opaque schrieb: > I'm switching a little application from VB to OREXX, > but I need some help. > What is the equivalent codesequence in OREXX for the > VB statement: > > Declare Function myFunc Lib "c:\test.dll" (Byval int01 as integer, Byval > line as string) as integer > ...

Visual Objects compared to Visual Basic and Visual C.
Who can explain me why I have to use VO instead of VB or VC? OR is is there no difference? With kind regards Rob van der Ploeg Rob, Every language has his (dis)advantages. The ones you mention are all wrappers around the Win32 API. VO is a very nice and easy language compared to VC. Data-access is famous with VO, but also memorymanagement, the cargage collector, ragged array's. and the result is fast and reliable code. You do not have to declare every variable if you do not want to. (but you will) Comparing to VB is VO a real OOP langangue where VB is not. You can write your own classes, inherit classes from VO classes or from your own classes, Overide methods, use both strong and loose typed variables, write early and late bound code VO comes with a SDK containing the sourcecode of the part of VO written in VO (almost everything except f.i. the compiler) With VO you get this newsgroup, where almost every question is answered within hours. VO has a prof. usergroup in the netherlands, check www.sdgn.nl. with very often very well organised conferences. I think it is the best organised usergroup in the world. VO is limitted to the Win32 api. A .NET version is announced, but withoot a releasedate yet. More inforrmation about VO can be found at www.cavo.com regards, Erik "Mobi-Data Helpdesk" <info@direcom.nl> schreef in bericht news:1070360435.358105@tbird.introweb.nl... > Who can explain me why I have to use...

GW BASIC to Visual Basic
I had done programnming in GW BASIC and Assembly 10 years back, when I was in school. Later, I learnt C,C++, Core Java and COBOL. Will my knowledge of BASIC hold me in good stead while learning Visual Basic? Is there a resemblance between the two? On 2 Mar 2005 21:11:59 -0800, "cat_dog_ass" <icon_iconoclast@hotmail.com> wrote: >I had done programnming in GW BASIC and Assembly 10 years back, when I >was in school. Later, I learnt C,C++, Core Java and COBOL. Will my >knowledge of BASIC hold me in good stead while learning Visual Basic? >Is there a resemblance between the two? A resemblance? Well, sure, they both look like Microsoft BASIC. Will knowing the one help with the other? Actually, the differences between GWB and VB are so big that you'll be learning a totally new language that reminds you of one you already know. If you learn VB.Net you might find that it also reminds you of C++ and/or Java. -- auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com ***** If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you. "cat_dog_ass" <icon_iconoclast@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1109826719.850575.113070@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > I had done programnming in GW BASIC and Assembly 10 years > back, when I was in school . . . will my knowledge of BASIC hold > me in good stead while learning Visual Basic? If you're talking about VB6 then then answer is Yes. Much of the syntax of the language is almost iden...

Visual Basic 6.0 wheel mouse
I'm using Visual Basic 6.0, and, for some reason, the wheel mouse never seems to function correctly in the editor window (i.e. it has no effect). Is there some way to get the wheel mouse working in VB 6.0? Thank you. On 5 Feb 2007 16:16:43 -0800, "mike7411@gmail.com" <mike7411@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm using Visual Basic 6.0, and, for some reason, the wheel mouse >never seems to function correctly in the editor window (i.e. it has no >effect). Is there some way to get the wheel mouse working in VB 6.0? > Although some don't suggest it I use method 1 from here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837910 You can also try; http://www.eluent.com/wheeler.htm http://www.gasanov.net/VBScroll.asp -- Alfie [UK] <http://www.delphia.co.uk/> This could be seen as a bug or a feature... how Microsoft do you feel today ? ...

dont deactivate screen saver on mouse movement
Hi! I set my screen saver preferences with xset dpms 600 900 1200 However, the slightest bump against the desk causes unwanted deactivation of the screen saver. Is it possible to increase the amount the mouse has to move to deactivate the screen saver? Alternatively, is it possible to disable mouse movement completely as a screen saver deactivation causing event (so that only a key press deactivates)? Regards Matthias ...

mouse scroller not working in Visual Basic window! my fault?
My mouse wheel scroller works in all Access windows except Visual Basic sub-windows. I am running Access 2002. Any ideas? Thanks. S sasan3@gmail.com wrote: > My mouse wheel scroller works in all Access windows except Visual > Basic sub-windows. I am running Access 2002. Any ideas? Thanks. > > S It's not you or your mouse. I get the same thing in Access 2003. Wheel-scrolling is not supported in the VBA IDE code windows, but it is in the VBA Project Explorer and Object Explorer. And in the main Access db window. Send a request to support@microsoft.com Thanks. It also will work with older mouse software. I currently use Microsoft's Intellipoint 3.2 software and it allows scrolling in the VBE window. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote in message news:gZf4f.6137$lN2.4037@fe04.lga... > sasan3@gmail.com wrote: >> My mouse wheel scroller works in all Access windows except Visual >> Basic sub-windows. I am running Access 2002. Any ideas? Thanks. >> >> S > > It's not you or your mouse. I get the same thing in Access 2003. > Wheel-scrolling is not supported in the VBA IDE code windows, but it is in > the VBA Project Explorer and Object Explorer. And in the main Access db > window. > > Send a request to support@microsoft.com > > > Fix it the Microsoft (KB837910) way or the Gazanov way HTH Ananda sasan3@gmail.com wrote: > ...

Mouse Wheel in MS Visual Basic window (in Access) stopped working!!
Hi. Does anyone have a clue why my mouse wheel stopped working while I was working on the VB behind a form in MS/Access? I would swear that the mouse wheel was working a short time ago. I've checked that it isn't a malfunction of the mouse by going to other applications and trying the wheel. It works just fine. This is very frustrating. It's bad enough that I have a logic problem, but now my mouse is not working while trying to udpate my VBA. Yuck!!! SueB *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "Susan Bricker" <slbrick@verizon.net> wrote in message news:tP%6e.351$XL1.1316@news.uswest.net... > Hi. Does anyone have a clue why my mouse wheel stopped working while > I > was working on the VB behind a form in MS/Access? I would swear that > the mouse wheel was working a short time ago. I've checked that it > isn't a malfunction of the mouse by going to other applications and > trying the wheel. It works just fine. > > This is very frustrating. It's bad enough that I have a logic > problem, > but now my mouse is not working while trying to udpate my VBA. > Yuck!!! > > SueB Are you using a different version of Access? It doesn't work in some versions. I use a lil program called VB6ScrollWheelFix. Br@dley "Susan Bricker" <slbrick@verizon.net> wrote in message news:tP%6e.351$XL1.1316@news.uswest.net... > Hi. Does anyone have a clue why...

cd 4 "visual basic lang. developers handbook"
Hi I need the cd that came with this book. visual basic language developers handbook ISBN 0-7821-2162-4 I lost it or it was stolen or whatever. Any help would be welcome. Can you burn me a copy, zip it and send it, whatever. mail to : rbm@bellsouth.net thanks Did ya call the publisher? I think they'll send you a new CD for a nominal fee... or you might be able to download it. Not sure. It's been a while since I had to do something like that. Bob wrote: > Hi > I need the cd that came with this book. > > visual basic language > developers handbook > ISBN 0-7821-2162-4 > > I lost it or it was stolen or whatever. Any help would be welcome. > Can you burn me a copy, zip it and send it, whatever. > > mail to : rbm@bellsouth.net Book available on Amazon as http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0782121624/ and the author's website has 3 chapters available and perhaps some code: http://www.developershandbook.com/downloads.htm and the book's Errata: http://www.developershandbook.com/ErrataVBLanguage.htm -- '--------------- 'John Mishefske '--------------- ...

Port Visual Basic to Visual Prolog
I'm trying to port the following Visual Basic program fragment to Visual Prolog 6.1 It opens the serial port for communications, sends a break command, switches to a specific speed, sends another command, then switches speed again, and starts listening. Any signal coming in is detected with the OnCom and displayed on the screen. This is so totally beyond my Visual Prolog skills that I have no clue how to even start porting it to Visual Prolog 6.1 Any help is appreciated!! Merel Private Sub Command1_Click() 'enable communications MSComm1.PortOpen = True &#...

Screen saver for xp Welcome screen
Some time ago, I found a "tip" that allowed me to specify which screensaver is used when no one is logged in to my WinXP/Pro system. I can't remember how I did this, and really want to change it to another 3rd party scr I got for xmas. Does anyone know where this is controlled? TIA, Gunther Search the registry for data "Logon.scr" (the default screensaver). That will get you to the keys where you can change the screensaver filename and timeout. Gunther wrote: > > Some time ago, I found a "tip" that allowed me to > specify whic...

Quick Basic to Visual Basic Converter
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C453DB.FEAF48A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know of a utility that will aid in converting Quick Basic = code to Visual Basic code. I don't expect it would be perfect, but anything that would provide a = start on it would be helpful. Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C453DB.FEAF48A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff> <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Does anyone know of a utility that will aid in = converting=20 Quick Basic code to Visual Basic code.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=3D2>I don't expect it would be perfect, but anything = that would=20 provide a start on it would be helpful.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML> ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C453DB.FEAF48A0-- Hmmm. Other than changes in several of the graphics methods (like CurrentX/Y versus Locate) and maybe the keyboard Get/Input they're pr...

Using On Mouse Over OR Mouse Move to display a description
Hi- I'd like to try to have text displayed when I move my mouse over a command button. For example: let's say I have a form with 3 different command buttons. Each command button launches a different report. For example: cmd1: launches a report that retrieves a list of "All football teams." cmd2: launches a report that retrieves all of "the football teams in the AFL." cmd3: launches a report that retrieves all of "the football teams in the NFC." What I'd like to be able to do is have a description appear when I run my mouse over each command button. I know that this can be done using a macro to display a message box using the MouseMove event on each command button. But...I'm wondering if you can have something similar to what Excel does. That is, have a yellow (or any color) text box appear with text in it whenever you move your mouse over a control. For example: When I move my mouse over the command button, cmd1, I'd like to display a description saying, "This Report retrieves a list of all of the Football teams in the NFL." Thanks, Megan meganrobertson22@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi- > > I'd like to try to have text displayed when I move my mouse over a > command button. > > For example: let's say I have a form with 3 different command buttons. > Each command button launches a different report. > > For example: > > cmd1: launches a report that retrieves a list of &qu...

US-AL-Huntsville: SW Engineer, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Stdio.NET, C#; P (45288546624)
US-AL-Huntsville: SW Engineer, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Stdio.NET, C#; P (45288546624) ============================================================================================== Position: SW Engineer Reference: SMC01201 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5 + years development of MS Windows applications using Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer and Access). UML modeling experience using Rational Rose and CMM processes. Background in the development of aircraft mission planning for either the Air Force or Army and/or operation flight program (OFP) software. Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45288546624. ...

Visual Basic GUI with Visual C++ console
Hi, I'm trying to develop a system running on a PC, consisting of a Visual Basic GUI connected to a Visual C++ win32 console running in the background (which is doing most of the processing work). Inputs entered to the GUI will be processed by the win32 console and results passed back to the GUI for display again. I suppose commands and data would have to be passed between these two programs, but I have no idea how to go about doing it. Would greatly appreciate if there's anyone who could help with some ideas or point me to some helpful resources. Rgds, JG Have a look at DDE links. -- Best regards, Kyle "JG Lim" <jooghee@gmail.com> wrote in message news:70b6683c.0504041731.1a0e3b68@posting.google.com... | Hi, | | I'm trying to develop a system running on a PC, consisting of a Visual | Basic GUI connected to a Visual C++ win32 console running in the | background (which is doing most of the processing work). Inputs | entered to the GUI will be processed by the win32 console and results | passed back to the GUI for display again. | | I suppose commands and data would have to be passed between these two | programs, but I have no idea how to go about doing it. | | Would greatly appreciate if there's anyone who could help with some | ideas or point me to some helpful resources. | | Rgds, | JG On 4 Apr 2005 18:31:14 -0700, jooghee@gmail.com (JG Lim) wrote: >Hi, > >I'm trying to develop a system running on a PC, consisting of a...

Newbie question: Quick Basic to Visual Basic
Program migration from Quick Basic to Visual Basic ? Regards to the newsgroup. Excuse my sudden intromission into the group, but I know from my long experience in these groups that there are a lot of people willing to help. As I ceased to program several years ago I found myself in the situation that my old programs are incompatible with Windows 98 and XP. I have code written in 1995 to 97 under DOS, using Quick Basic, which running under Windows, create problems when they write data files on to the fixed disk. I'm having trouble when restarting my PC. I guess this is due to the protection of the fixed disk by Windows. Mi question is: Is there a way of importing or converting my old codes into Visual Basic ? or Shall I have to write them again ? Thanks in advance. Juan Vazquez P.S.: I'm having the same problem with Borland Turbo Pascal and DELPHI. Is there a way of importing or converting my old Pascal programs into DELPHI ? "Juan Vazquez" <j.vazquez@_emavenca.com> wrote in message news:cu69ov$t5o$1@newsreader.mailgate.org... > > > > Program migration from Quick Basic to Visual Basic ? > > Regards to the newsgroup. > > Excuse my sudden intromission into the group, but I know from my long > experience in these groups that there are a lot of people willing to help. > > As I ceased to program several years ago I found myself in the situation > that my old programs are incompatible with Window...

US-AL-Huntsville: SW Engineer, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Stdio.NET, C#; P (45288857609)
US-AL-Huntsville: SW Engineer, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Stdio.NET, C#; P (45288857609) ============================================================================================== Position: SW Engineer Reference: SMC01201 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5 + years development of MS Windows applications using Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer and Access). UML modeling experience using Rational Rose and CMM processes. Background in the development of aircraft mission planning for either the Air Force or Army and/or operation flight program (OFP) software. Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45288857609. ...

US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288832412)
US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288832412) ============================================================================================= Position: Sr. SW Eng. Reference: SMC01200 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5+ years in development of Microsoft Windows applications using Microsoft tools and technologies such as Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint...

US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45289157610)
US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45289157610) ============================================================================================= Position: Sr. SW Eng. Reference: SMC01200 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5+ years in development of Microsoft Windows applications using Microsoft tools and technologies such as Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel...

US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288546334)
US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288546334) ============================================================================================= Position: Sr. SW Eng. Reference: SMC01200 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5+ years in development of Microsoft Windows applications using Microsoft tools and technologies such as Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer and Access). UML Modeling (using Rational Rose) and CMM Level 3 activities. Development of aircraft mission planning and/or operation flight program (OFP) software. Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45288546334. ...

Quick-Basic running in a Visual Basic compilation?
Hi everybody, I have a program, developed in Quick Basic under DOS, which are quite complicated and I wish to translate into Visual Basic, since Basic is more familiar for me than other languages. The question is how to write Quick Basic code in a Visual Basic program. It handles I/O commands and direct access to memory addresses for a A/D card. I have to say that this program works fine in a DOS window under Win98, but it's not the case for W2000/XP. Any comment will be highly appreciated. / Bish "Bishop" <Donottry@never.de> wrote in message news:c14po4$1efl2s$1@ID-145933.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi everybody, > > I have a program, developed in Quick Basic under DOS, which are quite > complicated and I wish to translate into Visual Basic, since Basic is more > familiar for me than other languages. > The question is how to write Quick Basic code in a Visual Basic program. It > handles I/O commands and direct access to memory addresses for a A/D card. > I have to say that this program works fine in a DOS window under Win98, but > it's not the case for W2000/XP. > Any comment will be highly appreciated. I'll say you're in for a bit of work! Your program must be completely re-structured. VB is Event-driven, and doesn't like top-town and procedural code at all. THis, in it self isn't neccessarily a show-stopper, as long as your QB code is reasonably structured, but the *big* problem here, is the I/O and...

US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288557613)
US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288557613) ============================================================================================= Position: Sr. SW Eng. Reference: SMC01200 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5+ years in development of Microsoft Windows applications using Microsoft tools and technologies such as Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer and Access). UML Modeling (using Rational Rose) and CMM Level 3 activities. Development of aircraft mission planning and/or operation flight program (OFP) software. Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45288557613. ...

[...]

US-AL-Huntsville: SW Engineer, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Stdio.NET, C#; P (45289157611)
US-AL-Huntsville: SW Engineer, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Stdio.NET, C#; P (45289157611) ============================================================================================== Position: SW Engineer Reference: SMC01201 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5 + years development of MS Windows applications using Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer and Access). UML modeling experience using Rational Rose and CMM processes. Background in the development of aircraft mission planning for either the Air Force or Army and/or operation flight program (OFP) software. Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45289157611. ...

US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288857609)
US-AL-Huntsville: Sr. SW Eng., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET, C#; (45288857609) ============================================================================================= Position: Sr. SW Eng. Reference: SMC01200 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: Perm Skills: 5+ years in development of Microsoft Windows applications using Microsoft tools and technologies such as Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio.NET and C#. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel...

Web resources about - Screen saver - detecting mouse moves - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

Methods of detecting exoplanets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Any planet is an extremely faint light source compared to its parent star . In addition to the intrinsic difficulty of detecting such a faint ...

Detecting unauthorized cross-app resource access on OS X
Last week, Luyi Xing, a Ph.D. student from Indiana University Bloomington and his colleagues released a research paper on several vulnerabilities ...

METAL DETECTING A RARE SAXON COIN OF BURGRED - YouTube
ON A LARGE FORTY ACRE FIELD I MANAGED TO DETECT A RARE SAXON PENNY OF THE MERCIAN KING BURGRED. If you look at the coin close up you will see ...

Gold Coast Suns detecting 'a trickle of respect'
... produce a quarter "as good as we've played" in its first win at Etihad Stadium at the weekend Gold Coast chief executive Travis Auld is detecting ...

Detecting APT Activity with Network Traffic Analysis

Malware-detecting 'sandboxing' technology no silver bullet - Palo Alto, mcafee, trend micro, security ...
The security technology called "sandboxing" aims at detecting malware code by subjecting it to run in a computer-based system of one type of ...

Researchers close to developing a blood test for detecting Alzheimer’s
A team of scientists say they are getting closer to detecting Alzheimer’s antibodies at the preclinical stage, giving patients an opportunity ...

Threat-detecting surveillence cameras among first start-up projects to benefit from local Microsoft Innovation ...
South Australia's start-up support initiatives give funding to system that foils armed hold-ups by locking the shop doors to suspicious people. ...

Detecting APT Activity with Network Traffic Analysis

Shrimp's eyes inspire new cancer-detecting camera
Shrimps' eyes have been revealed as the latest weapon against cancer, with their unique vision set to be adapted to diagnostic cameras.