Strange, strange...

Hi All,
I posted this already today and I am really getting bananas with this issue:

Using Visual Basic 6.0, I am sending SMS. These SMS can be added to an
Access 2000 table by users on the network.
Everything works well when executing the code step by step (F8).
I can trace this in the Access table, that reacts exactly according to what
I was expecting.
But, but....
When running the code, it looks like the records in Access are not updated
quickly enough and, therefore, the SMS are sent more than once (up to 10
times for some).

Here is how I open the table in the Access MDB:

Dim Db2 As Database, Rs2 As Recordset
Set Db2 = Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase(Text10)     ' Text10 contains the path
to the Access MDB
Set Rs2 = Db2.OpenRecordset("pendingsms")
Set Data2.Recordset = Rs2
Data2.Recordset.Index = "ID"

It opens correctly and I can view SMS added by net users, using a DbGrid
linked to Data2.
When I stop the timer3 procedure, I can see, in that same DbGrid, the
records marked as sent, after a few seconds.
I have a timer3 on the form, to scan the pending SMS and send them. Mainly,
I browse the Access table and for each record where the field "sent" is
FALSE, I sned the SMS and, if receiving an OK from the modem, I change the
"sent" field to TRUE.
   ID tonum texte Sent
      24904 +27824170857 test open/close/open Yes

Here is the code associated to Timer3

Private Sub Timer3_Timer()
Timer3.Interval = 0
Dim erlop As Integer, nbrecs As Integer, X As Integer
Dim Db2 As Database, Rs2 As Recordset
erlop = 0
Comm1.OutBufferCount = 0
Comm1.InBufferCount = 0
okout = ""
Image1.Visible = Not Image1.Visible
If imgNotConnected.Visible = False Then
    imgConnected.Visible = Not imgConnected.Visible
End If
If Comm1.PortOpen = True Then
    If Not Data2.Recordset.EOF Then
        Data2.Recordset.MoveFirst
        While Not Data2.Recordset.EOF
            If Data2.Recordset("Sent") = False Then
                okout = ""
                erlop = 0
                Comm1.OutBufferCount = 0
                Comm1.InBufferCount = 0
                Comm1.Output = "at+cmgs=" & Chr(34) &
Data2.Recordset("tonum") & Chr(34) & vbCr & Data2.Recordset("texte") &
Chr(26)
                While InStr(1, okout, "OK") = 0 And InStr(1, okout, "ERROR")
= 0
                    erlop = erlop + 1
                    okout = okout & Comm1.Input
                    dummy = DoEvents()
                    If erlop > 500 Then
                        erlop = 0
                        Comm1.OutBufferCount = 0
                        Timer3.Interval = 1000
                        Exit Sub
                    End If
                Wend
                Comm1.OutBufferCount = 0
                If InStr(1, okout, "OK") <> 0 Then
                    Data2.Recordset.Edit
                    Data2.Recordset("Sent") = True
                    Data2.Recordset.Update
                    Data2.Recordset.Requery
                    Data2.Recordset.Delete
                    wait (3)
                End If
            Else
                Data2.Recordset.Delete
                Data2.Refresh
            End If
        Wend
    End If
End If
Timer3.Interval = 1000
End Sub

What am I doing wrong?
If someone can help, I would be grateful.
Regards,
Bernard

0
bernan (20)

Hello HKSHK,

thanks for your reply.

I received an answer from Peter Russel, in the comp.databases.ms-access
newsgroups, telling me to have a look at

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;248833

This is an interesting article about our common problem.

Hope it will help you too.

Regards,

Bernard

"HKSHK" <hkshk@gmx.net> wrote in message
> Hello Bernard,
>
> > Using Visual Basic 6.0, I am sending SMS. These SMS can be added to an
> > Access 2000 table by users on the network.
> > Everything works well when executing the code step by step (F8).
> > I can trace this in the Access table, that reacts exactly according to
what
> > I was expecting.
> > But, but....
> > When running the code, it looks like the records in Access are not
updated
> > quickly enough and, therefore, the SMS are sent more than once (up to 10
> > times for some).
>
> I guess you encounter the same problem what I posted under " How can I
> flush File Buffers for an Access database?"

(http://groups.google.com/groups?q=hkshk%40gmx.net&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF
-8&scoring=d&selm=37464b94.0307212226.2eb4ccf%40posting.google.com&rnum=1).

> I assume that it is Windows which has the database in its writing
> cache. It might take up to 5 seconds before the changes are written
> and can be requeried. Unfortunately I haven't found a solution for
> this problem myself.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> HKSHK

0
bernan (20)
7/29/2003 11:36:10 AM
"Bernard Andr�" <bernan@bernan.net> wrote:

>Hi All,
>I posted this already today and I am really getting bananas with this issue:
>
>Using Visual Basic 6.0, I am sending SMS. These SMS can be added to an
>Access 2000 table by users on the network.
>Everything works well when executing the code step by step (F8).
>I can trace this in the Access table, that reacts exactly according to what
>I was expecting.
>But, but....
>When running the code, it looks like the records in Access are not updated
>quickly enough and, therefore, the SMS are sent more than once (up to 10
>times for some).

[snip]

If you're using a version of Windows that provides control of write buffering,
turn it off.

If you have a LOT of RAM, put the database in a RAMdisk (fast - but fragile).

Find a better database/platform.

More about me: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/
VB3 source code: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/vbsource.html
VB6 source code: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/vb6source.html
VB6 - MySQL how to: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/mysql.html
My newest language - NSBasic for the Palm PDA: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/nsbsource.html
Drivers for Pablo graphics tablet and JamCam cameras: http://home.earthlink.net/~mwbt/
johnecarter atat mindspring dotdot com. Fix the obvious to reply by email.
0
look4195 (109)
7/29/2003 3:40:38 PM
Bernard,

Try using queries for "select" and "update" operations and you'll get
results always up-to-date.

Regards,
Alexey

0
ashepetko (2)

Strange, very strange
Explanation is quiet long, but finally the point is really, really strange! I'm writting some client/server application. Communication is done by simple [socket], but additionaly I use DES and bas64 from tcllib. DES is used to secure transmitted data, and base64 is to allow transmit it (data) via simple ascii-translated channel (I just need it). Now: Server-side daemon listens on some socket and when connection is estabilished it starts to sending some data (simple text) using: puts $sock [::base64::encode [::DES::des -mode encode \ -key $password $data]] Clien-side application receives it and decodes like below: set data [::DES::des -mode decode -key $password \ [::base64::decode $readData]] and finally, I get $data variable with same value as at the begining, in server-side daemon. After all of above, I do: puts "|$data| == |%|" if {$data == "%"} { puts 1 } else { puts 2 } Guess what? I see on stdout following lines: |%| == |%| 2 How about that? -- Pozdrawiam (Greetings)! Googie Dnia Sun, 17 Apr 2005 13:06:42 +0000, Googie skrobie: [...] > and finally, I get $data variable with same value as at the begining, > in server-side daemon. After all of above, I do: > puts "|$data| == |%|" > if {$data == "%"} { > puts 1 > } else { > puts 2 > } > Guess what? I see on stdout following lines: > |%| == |%| > 2 > How about that? Try to write $data to a file. Maybe it conta...

strange strange Warwick
Well, I clicked on one of those google click-through buttons to see that Kevin Warwick has a new edition of his book out .... http://www.press.uillinois.edu/f04/warwick2.html This one has a subtitle of "The Breakthrough in Artificial Intelligence". Toned down a bit from the subtitle of his 1997 edition of the same named book ... "Why the New Race of Robots Will Rule the World". Modern landgrab ??? ... make your money and get out before the robots take over. Wow! You have to hand it to the man, at least he is diving in with practical experiments. Most people would call t...

strange... very strange. Please help!
I don't know if this is the right NG to expose this problem, but I try... When installing Mandrake 9.1, precisely during the copy of files on the hard disk, installation stops and the system hangs with mouse pointer not moving... I've installed Mandrake (with the same cds, working) on many pc, but the only one that behaves in this way is an Athlon 1600 XP+ on a motherboard ECS K7S5A, and i cannot find the reason of this strange behaviour. Note that the system works (almost) correctly under winXP Can anyone illuminate me? Fabrizio On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:42:33 +0000, Fabrizio ...

very strange
Hello, This request : .. update table set varchar_var='oracle=crap i''s sqlserver=bestchoice', other='4' where id='1' .. does not work. Looks like a = before a '' crashes the insert/updates. Any ideas to fix my request ? Thanks a lot. inja wrote: > Hello, > > This request : > > . > update table set varchar_var='oracle=crap i''s sqlserver=bestchoice', > other='4' where id='1' > . > > does not work. > > Looks like a = before a '' crashes the insert/updates. > > Any ideas to fix my request ? > > Thanks a lot. Works for me SQL> create table t (varchar_var varchar2(200), 2 other_col varchar2(1), id varchar2(1)) 3 / Table created. SQL> insert into t values (null, null, '1') 2 / 1 row created. SQL> update t set 2 varchar_var = 'user=crap it''s probably that sqlserver=their limit', 3 other_col = '4' 4 where id = '1' 5 / 1 row updated. inja wrote: > Hello, > > This request : > > . > update table set varchar_var='oracle=crap i''s sqlserver=bestchoice', > other='4' where id='1' > . > > does not work. > > Looks like a = before a '' crashes the insert/updates. > > Any ideas to fix my request ? > > Thanks a lot. You obviously have this confused with some MySQL group to which you've ...

Strange
Hi everybody. Happy new year. Well. I have just downloaded C64 ROM disassembly and it's very strange. It seems many portions of code are the same that ORIC ... A guy (I don't remember his name) told me that the basic comes from Microsoft. Is it true ? Best regards. Seilebosst. Yes. As recently told here, in Oric Rom ( and C64 rom probably) there is a string of tfosorcim ( backward microsoft ) Both uses 650x machine code language "olivier JEAN" <seilebost@aol.com>, iletide sunu yazdi news:ad4152cf.0401041419.4c483b24@pos...

strange ???
I have a piece of code which is in a multithread program: .... bool b,b1; b1 = MyData.success; //MyData is protected using Mutex, b1=true here by using Visual Studio watch window b = (b1 == true);//return false ?????? b = (true && b1);//return true .... kathy wrote: > I have a piece of code which is in a multithread program: > > ... > bool b,b1; > b1 = MyData.success; > //MyData is protected using Mutex, b1=true here by using Visual Studio > watch window > b = (b1 == true);//return false ?????? > b = (true && b1);//return true > ... We can'...

Very Strange!!
I have a Java class that has a method that generates some HTML and returns the HTML as a String. I then have a JSP page that has <%=foobar.getHtml()%> to insert this generated HTML into the web page. The HTML that is generated has a form that contains a number of tables as well as two iframes. Before the method getHtml() returns I dump the string out to a file and everything looks good, however, in the browser (IE or Firefox) the iframes are missing. I take a look at the HTML source from the browser and where the iframe tag is supposed to be I have a bunch of spaces (approximately...

Too strange!
There was a post in a NG done on a kelly GREEN solid background with WHITE text,so I tried to print it out & although my paper came out with a full,solid BLACK background it actually PRINTED the text,in white,clearly!,but if I was to try to print THIS page out it would come out just ALL black & NO text! Both ink cartridges are new so they are fine! I have tried & tried to disconnect the only 2 plugs,to plug them back in,and even though I squeeze the two metal pieces,one on top & the other on opposite end they will not BUDGE! There was even a picture below the post I mentioned, regarding white text on kelly green background which also came out clear as a bell!,in all white!,but it takes a LOT of wayyyy too much black ink to print even that!,but I just keep hoping! :))) Probably no more you can do for me & I understand that,but just thought you might find this interesting or curious. Sincerely, Nan ^<>-<>^ http://www.wtv-zone.com/ozziem/midiS/music/pianomids/42medley.mid Cats will jog with you,U just have to carry them. =^..^= Please,God,make me as good as my dog. Marycontrary@webtv.net (\(Nan\)) wrote: >There was a post in a NG done on a kelly GREEN solid background with >WHITE text,so I tried to print it out & although my paper came out with >a full,solid BLACK background it actually PRINTED the text,in >white,clearly!,but if I was to try to print THIS page out it would come >out just A...

this is very strange to me!
(1) > my_roots:=proc(a,b,n) > local p,z,k: > for k from 0 to n-1 do > p:=cos(b*k/n)+I*(sin(b*k/n)): > z[k]:=(a^(1/n)*(p)); > printf("when k= %a , z[ %a ]= %a\n",k,k+1,z[k]); > od; > end: (2) > my_roots:=proc(a,b,n) > local p,z,k: > for k from 0 to n-1 do > p:=cos(b*k/n)+I*(sin(b*k/n)): > z[k]:=simplify(a^(1/n)*(p)); > printf("when k= %a , z[ %a ]= %a\n",k,k+1,z[k]); > od; > end: Hi, Just try my_roots(-3*sqrt(3),2*Pi,3); Notice that the two output: when k=1... the answers are totally DIFF...

strange
google removed me from group dont no when but im back . and just told geoff wasnt ignore u all . glad to be back ...

Strange
Hello SQL Clarionators Here a select statement which drives me crazy.... SELECT * FROM parentFile AS A JOIN childFile AS B ON B.ID= A.I WHERE A.sum = 0 AND A.date >= '1900-1-1' AND A.date <= '1999-12-31' AND B.date >= '1900-1-1' AND B.date <= '1999-12-31' this should return me one record per parent-record, even when there are many related childs - but if there are more than one child per parent-record it returns me the amount of the childs! But somehow i don't dig it with this join things, there must be the mistake ;-) Thanks in advance Ravage Ravage: You are confused. Whenever you join two tables you get one record for every match. Relational data bases are not hierarchical. Do you mind getting the child info or you just want the parents that have one child at least. The later would be SELECT * FROM parentFile AS A Where exists( Select * FROM childFile AS B Where B.ID= A.I and A.sum = 0 AND A.date >= '1900-1-1' AND A.date <= '1999-12-31' AND B.date >= '1900-1-1' AND B.date <= '1999-12-31' ) Or are you trying to get each parent that has a child and only one of the childs? That would be a bit harder cause you have to specifiy a criteria to discard all childs exept one. Hope this helps Let me know if you need further help. -- Sebasti�n Streiger IT Department Red Megatone Phone: (+54) 0342-4502745 Int: 745 USE_ONLY_LOWERCASE_...

How strange is this?
Mostly, I have been very pleased with the performance of my Linux system under load... But today, I thought I'd surf the net whilst ripping a few CDs. First up, Grip. I have both ripping & encoding set to a nice value of 19 (lowest priority). Here's the rub, whilst ripping & encoding is going on there is no access to the net. As soon as I cancel, normal service is restored. Yet cpu load does not show that high. And it's not only Grip, the KDE thingy does exactly the same too. Anyone got any idea what's going on? -- Ian Allium Alert #1: Chewing gum whilst peeling onions stops your eyes from running. The Onion Man wrote: > Mostly, I have been very pleased with the performance of my Linux system > under load... > > But today, I thought I'd surf the net whilst ripping a few CDs. First up, > Grip. I have both ripping & encoding set to a nice value of 19 (lowest > priority). > > Here's the rub, whilst ripping & encoding is going on there is no access > to the net. As soon as I cancel, normal service is restored. Yet cpu > load does not show that high. > > And it's not only Grip, the KDE thingy does exactly the same too. > > Anyone got any idea what's going on? > I take it you access the net via a dialup modem then... -- COMPUTER POWER TO THE PEOPLE! DOWN WITH CYBERCRUD! The Onion Man wrote: > Mostly, I have been very pleased with the performance of my Linux system...

Strange....
I had some problems with a credit card on Amazon--a valid credit card of mine was declined by Amazon after repeated authorization attempts, though the credit card company said the account was 100% fine, and I'd used it many times on Amazon. I tracked down an Amazon 800 number and, while on the phone with a rep, NetBarrier X3 sounded an alert: someone was doing a port scan of my computer, originating from 207.171.184.17 I put it on my stop list and continued the conversation. After hanging up, I used NetBarrier to do a whois on that IP address, and it resolved back to... Amazon.com!! I called them back, and they had no clue what I was talking about, but promised to forward the information. Any ideas about what was going on? The only thing I could think of was that my repeated attempts with my credit card triggered some security resonse, but a port scan???? Presumably, my IP had already been logged, so why a port scan? -- to respond, change "spamless.invalid" with "optonline.net" please mail OT responses only ...

STRANGE
2 computers with win 98 for the OS : on the first one, a font that I have installed is printed in the edit fields of a software I have written On the second, the caracteres of the font are not used, another one (random) is used.but I can use this font on the Wordpad application.it just doesn't work with my application. What could be the problem ????? thank you ...

Very strange??
In a form the user can register new produkts. The code below prevent the user to enter a numer already registered. The strange thing is that it is still possible to enter no. 1 several times. On all other numers the code seems to work. What is the reason/solution to this.!! TIA Sigurd Dim lngArtikkelnr As Long Dim conFilePath As String conFilePath = strBackend Dim dbs As Database, rst As DAO.recordset Set dbs = OpenDatabase(conFilePath) Set rst = dbs.OpenRecordset("tblProdukterFaktura", dbOpenTable) rst.MoveFirst rst.index = "PrimaryKey" rst.Seek "=", lngArtikkelnr If rst.NoMatch Then 'OK numer is free Else 'code to let the user enter a new numer or use dmax+1 ____________________________________________ KILLSPAM R e m o v e trippleX to reply to email adress. I am not sure what exactly is happening with Seek, but I would in general recommend another approach. Try using SQL and see how many records are returned with your search criteria. If zero, your value is unique. If not - it is already in the table. I typically use an ADO recordset for this, with its RecordCount property. Cheers, Pavel Sigurd Bruteig wrote: > > In a form the user can register new produkts. The code below prevent the > user to enter a numer already registered. The strange thing is that it is > still possible to enter no. 1 several times. On all other numers the code > seems to work. What is the reason/solution to this.!...

Strange !!
Hi, I am using Visual C++ 2008 Express edition. The code is building well, but while execution, it states that 'A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available' But, i expected the output of 'x1z', but i did not get that output. Strange !! Where is the problem in the below code? #include<stdio.h> int main(void) { char *a[3]={"def","xyz","qrs"}; *(a[1]+1)='1'; printf("%s",a[1]); return 0; } Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru karthikbalagur...

Strange
I'm happy and sad at the same time. I'm really happy that one can get the H= ands on OS Dolphin 7 and on the other hand I'm sad that people are not will= ing any more to pay for such an excellent piece of software. I've used it a= lway extensivly but I know that some have build their business with Dolphin= ..=20 I really would have liked that Dolphin will be a business for the original = developers also. But no, people are still quite happy to pay highest prices= for MS OSes or Mac OSes the prices for VSStudio are high also but the mark= er for "fair" prize...

strange bug with strange work round in blaxxun contact
after having been bitten again by this bug in blaxxun contact, esp.in complex worlds where its nice fast engine is particularly useful, i've spent some time pinned it down and produced the simplest example i can think of that exhibits it, also found a work-round. code below works,( produces 3 different flat shapes ) but only does so when the dummy def is included. #VRML V2.0 utf8 PROTO IndexedFaceSetShapeSubClass [ field MFVec3f def [] ]{ Shape { appearance Appearance { material Material { } } geometry DEF main IndexedFaceSet { coordIndex [0,1,2,3] coord DEF dummyD...

Visual Objects compared to Visual Basic and Visual C.
Who can explain me why I have to use VO instead of VB or VC? OR is is there no difference? With kind regards Rob van der Ploeg Rob, Every language has his (dis)advantages. The ones you mention are all wrappers around the Win32 API. VO is a very nice and easy language compared to VC. Data-access is famous with VO, but also memorymanagement, the cargage collector, ragged array's. and the result is fast and reliable code. You do not have to declare every variable if you do not want to. (but you will) Comparing to VB is VO a real OOP langangue where VB is not. You can write your own classes, inherit classes from VO classes or from your own classes, Overide methods, use both strong and loose typed variables, write early and late bound code VO comes with a SDK containing the sourcecode of the part of VO written in VO (almost everything except f.i. the compiler) With VO you get this newsgroup, where almost every question is answered within hours. VO has a prof. usergroup in the netherlands, check www.sdgn.nl. with very often very well organised conferences. I think it is the best organised usergroup in the world. VO is limitted to the Win32 api. A .NET version is announced, but withoot a releasedate yet. More inforrmation about VO can be found at www.cavo.com regards, Erik "Mobi-Data Helpdesk" <info@direcom.nl> schreef in bericht news:1070360435.358105@tbird.introweb.nl... > Who can explain me why I have to use...

basic communication modeling question..performance is strange
Step by step,, Bernoulli Binary block - sample time : 1e-7/(k*code_rate) - frame-based outputs -> samples per frame: 600 - the rest : initial state convolutional Encoder : initial state -> Trellis structure : poly2trellis(7,[171 133]) - code rate is 1/2 M-PSK Modulator Baseband - M-ary number : 8 - Phase offset(rad) : 0 - Constellation ordering : Binary - ...

GW BASIC to Visual Basic
I had done programnming in GW BASIC and Assembly 10 years back, when I was in school. Later, I learnt C,C++, Core Java and COBOL. Will my knowledge of BASIC hold me in good stead while learning Visual Basic? Is there a resemblance between the two? On 2 Mar 2005 21:11:59 -0800, "cat_dog_ass" <icon_iconoclast@hotmail.com> wrote: >I had done programnming in GW BASIC and Assembly 10 years back, when I >was in school. Later, I learnt C,C++, Core Java and COBOL. Will my >knowledge of BASIC hold me in good stead while learning Visual Basic? >Is there a resemblance between the two? A resemblance? Well, sure, they both look like Microsoft BASIC. Will knowing the one help with the other? Actually, the differences between GWB and VB are so big that you'll be learning a totally new language that reminds you of one you already know. If you learn VB.Net you might find that it also reminds you of C++ and/or Java. -- auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com ***** If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you. "cat_dog_ass" <icon_iconoclast@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1109826719.850575.113070@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > I had done programnming in GW BASIC and Assembly 10 years > back, when I was in school . . . will my knowledge of BASIC hold > me in good stead while learning Visual Basic? If you're talking about VB6 then then answer is Yes. Much of the syntax of the language is almost iden...

Strange error (visual studio 2003 and envision)
Hello, I'm new to eiffel. I have strange error while building a new project from a template (like windows_application) - I am using Envision! and Visual Studio 2003 Pro. Here is the detailed output: ----- Build started: Project: windows_application2, Configuration: Debug .NET ------ --- Performing Pre-Build Tasks --- Done. --- Performing Eiffel .NET Compilation --- Importing assembly metadata for Eiffel compilation... Importing 'EiffelSoftware.Runtime.dll'... Done. Importing 'Accessibility.dll'... Done. Importing 'mscorlib.dll'... Done. Importing 'System.dll'... Done. Importing 'System.Drawing.dll'... Done. Importing 'System.Windows.Forms.dll'... Done. Importing 'System.Xml.dll'... Done. Compiling Eiffel Code... Error: Compilation failed unexpectedly! --- Performing Post-Build Tasks --- Done. ---------------------- Done ---------------------- Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped What's wrong? Why there is no other clues? Should I reinstall something or what? I will appreciate any help very much. Regards Szymon I would like to add, the problem occurs in every new project. However if I open the one of Envision examples everything is OK (no errors). Hi, Can I ask, do you have all of the services packs for .NET installed? They are optional Windows updates. It does seem strange that the samples work yet the new projects do not. Does this happen on all types of new projects or just ...

basic math functions

cd 4 "visual basic lang. developers handbook"
Hi I need the cd that came with this book. visual basic language developers handbook ISBN 0-7821-2162-4 I lost it or it was stolen or whatever. Any help would be welcome. Can you burn me a copy, zip it and send it, whatever. mail to : rbm@bellsouth.net thanks Did ya call the publisher? I think they'll send you a new CD for a nominal fee... or you might be able to download it. Not sure. It's been a while since I had to do something like that. Bob wrote: > Hi > I need the cd that came with this book. > > visual basic language > developers handbook > ISBN 0-7821-2162-4 > > I lost it or it was stolen or whatever. Any help would be welcome. > Can you burn me a copy, zip it and send it, whatever. > > mail to : rbm@bellsouth.net Book available on Amazon as http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0782121624/ and the author's website has 3 chapters available and perhaps some code: http://www.developershandbook.com/downloads.htm and the book's Errata: http://www.developershandbook.com/ErrataVBLanguage.htm -- '--------------- 'John Mishefske '--------------- ...

Web resources about - Strange, strange... - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

Strange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10 strange casting decisions in popular movies that we still haven’t gotten over
When Robert Downey Jr. took the lead role in Iron Man in 2008, he became inseparable from the character almost over night. Mike Myers as Austin ...

Trump celebrates win with strange press conference
Republican front-runner calls press conference, declines to talk to press

5 Strange Things We Learned About Sudden Closures Of Old Country And HomeTown Buffets
Earlier this month, buffet restauranteur Ovation Brands filed for bankruptcy and abruptly shut down many of its restaurants — like Old Country ...

Cloud Makes For Strange Bedfellows: Apple Signs On With Google, Cuts Spending With AWS [1]
Alphabet's Google has quietly scored a major coup in its campaign to become an enterprise cloud computing powerhouse, landing Apple as a customer ...

The Ravens Have Proposed A Strange NFL Rule Change
Today is the day when NFL teams submit proposed rule changes to be debated at next week’s owners meeting, and the Baltimore Ravens have come ...

Wrestlemania 32: A Long, Strange Road Has Led to Huge Void at Top of Card
It hasn't been a good decade for WWE in terms of building new stars, or keeping their old ones around. With Wrestlemania 32 less than two weeks ...

Columbia borough family returns from vacation to find strange man living in their home
COLUMBIA, Pa. – A Lancaster County family returned from vacation Sunday morning only to discover a stranger had made himself at home in their ...

STRANGE BEDFELLOWS Obama, fossil fuel industry join in suit against… kids?
STRANGE BEDFELLOWS Obama, fossil fuel industry join in suit against… kids?

Something Strange and Terrible Is Happening to France's Wine Grapes
We’d suggest you sit down and pour yourself a drink before you hear this news—but, honestly, that would probably only make it worse. Read more... ...