VB6 and Windows Installer problem on Windows 2000

Hi,

I've got Visual Studio 6.0 sp5 installed on a
Toshiba laptop running Windows 2000 pro. Whenever I start Visual Basic,
Windows Installer starts up and tries to install some unknown component,
after clicking cancel Visual Basic hangs up. Help!!!

Thanks,

McFly

Thanks anyway,

   A key in the windows registry was missing for some MS Office component.
The Event Viewer gave the clue to solve this problem. I don't know why vb
was triggering that event.

Regards,

McFly.

SQL server 2000 installation problem on Windows 2000 Professional
Hello, I received the error message below when i'm trying to install SQL Server 2000 standard edition into a Windows 2000 Professionale workstation. Error : Microsoft SQL server 2000 Standard Edition server components is not supported on this operating system. Only client components will be available for installation. Any request modification ? Best regards, Thanks Thomas (tdethomas@yahoo.fr) writes: > I received the error message below when i'm trying to install SQL > Server 2000 standard edition into a Windows 2000 Professionale > workstation. > > Error : > &...

Windows 2000, Windows 98 dual boot problem
Hello, I have 60 gig WD drive which is partitioned into 5 gig, 35 gig, and 20 gig. 5 gig is in FAT32 with Windows 98 is installed. 35 gig partition is in NTFS with Windows 2000 installed. 20 gig partition will be used for RH Linux and is in FAT32 as of now. The problem that I am running into is that I get inaccessible_boot_device error after installing SP2. BTW, I am running EZBIOS to get my hard drive recognized as 60 gig instead of 30 gig. Your help is much appreciated. -Steve ...

windows 2000 and windows xp networking problem with athentication
i am trying to do a peer to peer with a windows 2000 machine and a xp corp machine. i can see the machines in my network places, but when i try to connect to the xp machine it ask for username and password, we have usernames and passwords set up for both machines , they are the same ones we use to log onto our own machines. they both have admin rights. when we put in the username and password and hit ok it just ask for it again and doesnt connect..we are both connected to a router for my cable connection..the firewall allows acces from our ip's..any help..thanks rh_nayan@msn.com (Rakib Hassan) wrote in message news:<1a0a9065.0309020146.582df00f@posting.google.com>... > news:<60f42cdd.0309011214.6f20358a@posting.google.com>... > Hi guys, > you must got problems in sharing permissions.if it doesnt work then > make a dc(win2000)and make the xp pc its(dc's) client.i hope it will > work. check your registry settings HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa Maybe there is a key FORCEGUEST, if yes, edit the value to 0 Just insert the XP CD choose preform other tasks and click set up network, follow the wizzard and it'll sort it out (worked for me) XP is against manual settings obviously. Do it with both machines (yes its legal, even recomended by MS - see wizzard) and you will be fine. Tarl ...

Windows NT vs Windows 2000 vs Windows XP
Hi, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to computers. I posted in another thread that I just purchased a used computer for close to nothing. I have an old windows NT workstation which I plan on installing. My question is : A friend of mine can sell me a Windows 2000 or Windows XP license for cheap. Is there any reason I need to spend $40 to buy any one of these two operating systems for an old Pentium II computer, instead of a free windows NT workstation system that I already have ? For general home use : access internet, typing documents, etc, is there any difference in us...

cgi.pm install problem on windows 2000
Hello. I'm running a Windows 2000 Server with IIS 5. i've got activestate perl v.5.8.7 installed. I also have MySQL 5 installed and running as well. I'd like to use Myadmin to administer my databases. I've installed cgi.pm as needed by myadmin and I can't get install to work. Make seems to go ok (I'm using nmake15), but make install dies with: Array found where operator expected at C:/Perl/lib/Carp.pm line 424, at end of line (Do you need to predeclare Carp::longmess?) Array found where operator expected at C:/Perl/lib/Carp.pm line 425, at end of line (Do you need t...

Eclipse install problem windows 2000 or XP
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C37B90.B5BD3950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, Once more, an installation problem. Having previously installed Ruby 1.6.8-8 (from = http://rubyinstaller.sourceforge.net/ complete install with some = packages) : I installed Eclipse 2.1 (eclipse-platform-2.1-win32.zip on Windows XP or = Windows 2000, Pentium IV, sun jre 1.4.2-01), then Ruby Eclipse 0.3.2. Never found the "Installed interpreters" node in the tree = (Windows/Preferences...

Problem Closing Visual Basic Help Window
Hello everyone, I have office 2003 Professional, and I work in Access's Visual Basic Editor. Sometimes after opening the "Microsoft Visual Basic Help" window by standing on a function in the code and pressing F1, the help window refuses to close - I click the X but it does nothing, and I'm forced to go to the task manager and terminate the process msohelp.exe. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance, Gilad ...

Putty from Windows XP to Windows 2000 pro server
I've been using Putty telnet for some time (and very satisfactorily) to connect to a Solaris server. Now I'm trying to use it to connect to a Windows 2000 server. The character based application on the server uses tip files to control screen addressing - line draw chars, cursor movement, reverse type etc. - and to interpret function, delete, insert keys etc. However I can't find a combination of putty configuration setting and tip file which is entirely OK. On unix it's easy to trap function key sequences and modify tip files, but how do you do this on windows? I'd be grateful for help with this. ...

Printing from Word 2000 on Windows 98 and Windows 2000
I have process that creates a Word document (Word 2000) and prints to the specified printer. When the process runs on Windows 98 (where it was developed), the report prints without errors. When I run the same process on a Windows 2000 machine (same process, same template), I get the error "The margins of section <n> are set outside the printable area of the page.". I have been through the knowledge base, but have been unsuccessful in finding any reference to this set of circumstances. The process is an automated invoicing process. The output that is created on the Windows 98 p...

Basic install problem with Oracle 9i on windows XP
I am trying to install oracle 91 for my SQL and a oracle class from http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/oracle9i/htdocs/winsoft.html After downloading disk1, 2 and 3, I try to install and nothing happens. Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious? -H Is there a space in the path to disk1/disk2 etc? If so make sure you install from a path with no spaces (eg c:\downloads\oracle\disk1 ... ) -- Niall Litchfield Oracle DBA Audit Commission UK ***************************************** Please include version and platform and SQL where applicable It makes life easier and increases the likelihood of a good answer ****************************************** <hshah_mse@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ef7577f7.0310260110.25e3111a@posting.google.com... > I am trying to install oracle 91 for my SQL and a oracle class from > http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/oracle9i/htdocs/winsoft.html > > After downloading disk1, 2 and 3, I try to install and nothing happens. > Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious? > > -H hshah_mse@yahoo.com wrote: >I am trying to install oracle 91 for my SQL and a oracle class from >http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/oracle9i/htdocs/winsoft.html > >After downloading disk1, 2 and 3, I try to install and nothing happens. >Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious? > >-H > > You are missing the following: 1. What hardware, operating system, an...

MikTex 2.3 Installation Problem on Windows 2000
Hello I am trying to upgrade my Miktek on Windows 2000. I uninstalled the old version (2.0) and am trying to do a fresh installation. (It is possible that the old version did not unistall properly.) I get to the point in the 2.3 installation Wizard where it prompts me for the path to the installation folder. The field is filled in for me as c:\Program Files\MikTex. If I use the default, or if I enter anything such as c:\Miktex and I get an error from the Miktex Setup Wizard : Not a Root Directory: c:\ No matter what I enter, I get the same error. Any ideas on how to correct this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Andrew On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:38:16 -0400, Andrew Mudry <Andrew.Mudry@drdc-rddc.gc.ca> wrote: >Hello > >I am trying to upgrade my Miktek on Windows 2000. I uninstalled the old >version (2.0) and am trying to do a fresh installation. (It is possible >that the old version did not unistall properly.) > >I get to the point in the 2.3 installation Wizard where it prompts me >for the path to the installation folder. The field is filled in for me >as c:\Program Files\MikTex. If I use the default, or if I enter >anything such as c:\Miktex and I get an error from the Miktex Setup Wizard : > >Not a Root Directory: >c:\ I haven't installed MiKTeX in a while, but it used to have a [browse] button to let you select the directory. On other program installations that gave me problems similar to this, I would...

Problem displaying rendered texture on window (Windows 2000) in second display, second graphics card
Hi. On a machine with two display outputs, I am trying to create a window that appears on the second display and render some OpenGL texture on the window. For the purpose of explaining my problem, I created the window such that left half of the window appeared on the first display and the right half appeared on the second display with this code : // Note : this CreateWindowEX is taken from NeHe tutorial 1 hwnd=CreateWindowEx( dwExStyle, // Extended Style For The Window "OpenGL", // Class Name title, // Window Title dwStyle | // Defined Window Style WS_CLIPSIBLINGS | // Required Window Style WS_CLIPCHILDREN, // Required Window Style WindowRect.right / 2, 0, // Window Position WindowRect.right-WindowRect.left, // Calculate Window Width WindowRect.bottom-WindowRect.top, // Calculate Window Height NULL, // No Parent Window NULL, // No Menu hInstance, // Instance NULL))) // Dont Pass Anything To WM_CREATE HDC hdc = GetDC(hwnd); PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTOR pfd; GLuint PixelFormat = ChoosePixelFormat(hDC,&pfd); SetPixelFormat(hDC,PixelFormat,pfd); HGLRC hrc = wglCreateContext(hdc); wglMakeCurrent(hDC,hRC); for(;;) { Render(); SwapBuffers(hdc); } When I used only 1 graphics card with 2 display outputs, I could see the left half of the rendered texture on the first display and the other half on the second display. In this case, it worked fine. However, when I used 2 graphics cards (1 output from 1 car...

Installation of "oracle 8i (8.1.5) for windows nt" on windows xp/2000
dream liner Dec 28, 9:29 am show options Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle.server From: "dream liner" <venugopal.sis...@gmail.com> - Find messages by this author Date: 27 Dec 2005 20:29:14 -0800 Local: Wed, Dec 28 2005 9:29 am Subject: installing "oracle 81.5 for windows nt" on windows xp/2000 Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse Hi I'm using Pentium IV 3.0 GHz (HT enabled) with Windows XP (SP2) as my home pc. I was able to install Oracle 8.1.5 Enterprise Edition for Windows NT in this machine (perhaps...

Installing "oralce 8i (8.1.5) for windows nt" on windows xp/2000
Hi I'm using Pentium IV 3.0 GHz (HT enabled) with Windows XP (SP2) as my home pc. I was able to install Oracle 8.1.5 Enterprise Edition for Windows NT in this machine (perhaps, successfully) . Immediately upon installing, I was able to login and create a user, and things like that. But after i shutdown and restart the OS, the OracleStartServiceId service is shown as "Starting" in the windows services utility(start->settings->control panel->administrative tools->services) and the service would not just start. All other oracle services are able to get started and running. I also installed on windows 2000, same result as mentioned above. Now, please help me with the following : 1. Is it problem of installing of oracle database meant for windows nt but installed on windows xp 2. Is it Pentium-IV related problem. 3. Is it Pentium-IV HT related prob. (disabling HT in the bios solves the prob?) Appreciate greatly for the HELP to overcome this installation problem. TIA Best regards dream liner ...

installing "oracle 8i (8.1.5) for windows nt" on windows xp/2000
Hi I'm using Pentium IV 3.0 GHz (HT enabled) with Windows XP (SP2) as my home pc. I was able to install Oracle 8.1.5 Enterprise Edition for Windows NT in this machine (perhaps, successfully) . Immediately upon installing, I was able to login and create a user, and things like that. But after i shutdown and restart the OS, the OracleStartServiceId service is shown as "Starting" in the windows services control panel and the service would not just start. All other oracle services are able to get started and running. I also installed on windows 2000, same result as mentioned above. Now, please help me with the following : 1. Is it problem of installing of oracle database meant for windows nt but installed on windows xp 2. Is it Pentium-IV related problem. 3. Is it Pentium-IV HT related prob. (disabling HT in the bios solves the prob?) Appreciate greatly for the HELP to overcome this installation problem. TIA Best regards dream liner <venugopal.sistla@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135827253.474446.317520@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hi > I'm using Pentium IV 3.0 GHz (HT enabled) with Windows XP (SP2) as my > home pc. I was able to install Oracle 8.1.5 Enterprise Edition for > Windows NT in this machine (perhaps, successfully) . Immediately upon > installing, I was able to login and create a user, and things like > that. > > But after i shutdown and restart the OS, the OracleStart...

Oracle 8.1.7 Client Install Problem On Windows 2000
I'm having a terrible time installing the Oracle 8.1.7 client on my Windows 2000 version 5.0 SP 4 machine. I did a search of this forum and found this: http://groups.google.com/groups?q=8.1.7+client+install+failure&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=fEhI6.27829%24aW5.355302%40dfw-read.news.verio.net&rnum=1 The problem is that this advice assumes that the s'ware exists on a CD. I downloaded mine from technet.oracle.com. There IS no CD. I can make the installer run by adding the -nojit flag. But the Net8 configuration assistant install fails without giving details. And the OUI keeps trying to access the CD ROM when I start it from the Start menu. (I can only run it from the directory I unpacked the download ZIP to.) What can I do to get around this? - MOD ...

Windows 98SE-- Windows explore problem
When ever I try to invoke windows explorer I get a blue screen message with: 0028; C000B28A IN VXD VMM(01) + 0000A28A Can someone shed some light on how I can repair this problem? Thanks, John "john" <z2345678998765432y@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:kr7ntv4oonaqv3o3jp4eu8ecg214ne31gi@4ax.com... > > When ever I try to invoke windows explorer I get a blue screen > message with: > > 0028; C000B28A IN VXD VMM(01) + 0000A28A > VXD is virtual device driver and VMM is virtual memory manager, so first guess is bad RAM. Take the RA...

Windows 2000 vs. Windows XP?
I know it's probably been asked to death, but what is everyone's preference and why? -O Ovid left a note on my windscreen which said: > I know it's probably been asked to death, but what is everyone's preference > and why? XP (Pro). Cause it's 2K with knobs on. -- Stoneskin [Insert sig here] On 5 Nov 2003 11:38:17 -0600, Ovid <Ovid@Epigram.com> wrote: >I know it's probably been asked to death, but what is everyone's preference >and why? I don't use Windows a whole lot. But when I do, my own preference is ...

replacing windows xp with windows 2000
I just recently bought a laptop with the Windows XP operating system preinstalled. Being an advocate of Windows 2000 I was trying to replace XP with 2000 but ran into the following problem. The setup process seems to not allow newer Windows operating systems be replaced by older ones despite the preference of the operator. Is there any way to get around this? If there is one I'd be very grateful for advise. Thanks. Boot from a Win 98 floppy, fdisk, format and install Terry "Joe" <josephstran@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1a55ccc2.0401111637.682b70c8@posting.google...

DOS window size in Windows 2000
The software we run at our business was developed long ago and is still DOS based. I just recently got the configurations right to make it run on XP and 2000, however in order to make it display on a full screen I have to load it in a normal command window and use "alt+enter" to make it display in the full screen. If i just load it in a full screen it displays on only half of the screen. In the properties of my shortcut I would like to change the initial size under the screen tab to 25 like you can in 98 but it is grayed out. does anyone know a way to make the def...

Windows Installer Problem
Hi, Not sure if there's a newsgroup dedicated to windows installer related issues. At least can't seem to find one in my ISP's news server. So posting it here. When I uninstall an MSI package (that I created) I get the following error: "Could not get value names for key SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Lsa\SspiCache\msapsspc.dll. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel". Looking up MSDN, this is documented as error code 1407. Doing a search on the net shows little else. Anyone has any clues how to overcome t...

Windows ME Installer problems
Whenever I try to install a new program, INCLUDING the updated Windows Installer, I get the message "The MSIEXEC.exe file is linked to missing export MSI.DLL:222." Does anyone know how I can fix this? Please help if you can! ...

Is it possible to use the Windows 2003 user names instead of pre-Windows 2000 user names in Windows Authentication?
Hello, I am trying to get username information by using User.Identity.Name.ToString, if i logged in with username to given network place, it is ok! It returns SERVERNAME/username. Otherwise if I logged in with "name.surname@SERVERNAME.com" it again returns SERVERNAME/username although i want it to return "name.surname". I changed the IIS server settings, checked digest authentication and tried the other things, too. But makes no difference. It is said to originated from Kerberos Authentication... If anyone can help me I will be appreciated. Thanks for now, MK IIS must be making the translation internally from the UPN to the sAMAccountName. It's not hard to get the UPN given the WindowsIdentity object that you have at hand, and relying on the UPN for the user's true name is bad programming practice IMHO. My recommendation is to search AD for that user's object in the directory and retrieve the first and last name properties or whatever else you need in your code. -- Thanks, Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP - Directory Services www.briandesmond.com "MaURiCe" <mkastro@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157462878.505088.151490@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > I am trying to get username information by using > User.Identity.Name.ToString, if i logged in with username to given > network place, it is ok! It returns SERVERNAME/username. > Otherwise if I logged in with "name.surname@SERVERNAME.c...

Programming Windows CE 2 in Visual Basic or Visual C++
Hi, I've been searching the web for ages, looking for some software that will allow me, with my Phillips Nino 3xx PDA running Windows CE2, to program in one Basic or C++ Visual and make a compiled program to be able to install on my PDA device as other software. I've only found software for PocketPC etc... I'd like it is I could program it on my laptop using Visual Basic and with a form for the Windows CE screen etc.. Thanks. If someone can help, please reply or email. On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 14:49:20 +0800, Johan Kahn <johankahnSPAMKILL@westnet.com.au> wrote: >Hi, > >I've been searching the web for ages, looking for some software that >will allow me, with my Phillips Nino 3xx PDA running Windows CE2, to >program in one Basic or C++ Visual and make a compiled program to be >able to install on my PDA device as other software. Microsoft no longer supports development for Windows CE 2.x, so you won't find anything official from them. They still support eVB 3, which _will_ work with the right SDK for your Nino. I'm sure eVB 3 is still available for free from Microsoft's web site, but not sure where; try going to the site and searching for eVB 3. I _think_ it comes with a Palm-size PC SDK 1.2, but that is for the Palm-size PCs running version 2.11 of the operating system. You need the older SDK, and I don't know where you'll find it. > >I've only found software for PocketPC etc... > >I'd like i...

Web resources about - VB6 and Windows Installer problem on Windows 2000 - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

Installer Institute - Car Audio Installation and Mobile Electronics Education
The Installer Institute is a school for car audio installation training offering MESA certification. The leader in Mobile Electronics Installation ...

Windows Installer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) is a software component used for the installation, maintenance, and removal of software on modern Microsoft Windows systems. The installation ...

Alarm.com MobileTech Tool for Installers on the App Store on iTunes
Get Alarm.com MobileTech Tool for Installers on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Solar Installers San Diego - 619-831-8786 - Call Today - YouTube
Would you like to get solar panels installed in your home or business? The search is over. We are highly qualified and local solar panel contractors ...

Australia's solar installers face another boom and bust
Solar energy installers are expecting a boom then sharp contraction of their businesses as the Abbott government prepares to take an axe to renewable ...

VKMusic4 - Apple Macs Get Malicious Fake Installer Trojan Virus
Apple computers are now the target of a fake installer that tacks hidden fees onto mobile phone account bills.

Kevin Rudd 'deeply sorry' for the deaths of insulation installers
UPDATE 4.40pm: PRIME Minister Kevin Rudd says he is deeply sorry about the deaths of installers working on the Federal Government's home insulation ...

Image Editor GIMP Abandons SourceForge Over Adware-Wrapped Installers
... software decides it no longer wants anything to do with you. This... The tipping point was the introduction of their own SourceForge Installer ...

Home insulation scheme crippled by dodgy installers: Greg Combet
Former climate change minister Greg Combet faced unscrupulous installers trying to defraud the government even as he was trying to wind down ...

Lloyd Rayney phone-tapping trial: Fingerprints on roof manhole match alleged installer of bugging equipment ...
Two fingerprints on a manhole cover from the home of Lloyd Rayney match those of the man he is alleged to have paid to install phone-bugging ...