Re: source code browser for C / C++ code 491176

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 20:13:34 -0600, Alex wrote:

>> > Rahul meant "source code browser" - not IDE, did you?
>
> If Rahul wants to get a grip of a large codebase, IDE with source
> browser is no doubt better than running doxygen on it. Visual Studio or
> Eclipse/CDT (in that order) is what I recommend.
>
> http://www.eclipse.org/cdt/
>
> Alex

Uh, no. Visual Studio barely works on non-C-like C++ code. If your team
has a habit of using Doxygen from the get-go, the benefits are
tremendous. Whoever suggested Doxygen was a genius. Given a relatively
non-traditional C++ codebase, Doxygen has done well where Visual Studio
has very badly failed.

On a slight tangent, I find that Emacs + etags works better for code
lookups than Visual Studio. The only nagging problem I have is that the
TAGS file is not updated as you edit. I shouldn't speak to CDT as I tried
it a long time ago and it is probably a lot better now.

As these things go, YMMV :-)

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com

Reply Sohail 2/14/2008 5:26:40 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.lang.c++.moderated 10663 articles. 10 followers. Post

Re: source code browser for C / C++ code 219058
Thomas Lehmann wrote: > - And most effort is required for C++: This language is complex and the > most high end products are not able to provide every required feature. > Two good examples: Programming Java I found myself surprised working with > eclipse because everything from code analysis, to parallel debugging, > metric and unit-testing is covered by one product but wait ... > you have to install some plugins but then it's quite fine ... > Same for C#. Working with Visual Studio and C# you will have a similar > environment! Unfortu...

source code browser for C / C++ code
hi, which is the best source code browser for c / c++ source code... on windows.. better if its free download... i tried source navigator 5.1.4 and 5.2b2.. but it is crashing while parsing the c++ source code... i have a huge source code to dig into to fix bugs... pls help... -- rahul Rahul wrote: > which is the best source code browser for c / c++ source code... on > windows.. [..] Why don't you ask in a Windows programming newsgroup? V -- Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask * Victor Baza...

Any C code are valid C++ code?
Since C is a subset of C++, so any C code or C libraries (printf(), scanf(), etc...) are valid C++ code. Is that correct? so even though the whole program is written in C, but with .cpp extension, we still consider as C++ program? Please advise. Thanks jrefactors@hotmail.com wrote: > Since C is a subset of C++ [...] Wrong premise. Wrong conclusion. The answer to your subj is "no". jrefactors@hotmail.com wrote: > Since C is a subset of C++ C is not a subset of C++. C++ has some incompatible changes from C. However, they are compatible enough that a lot of code runs in ...

RE: [tao-bugs] generated C++ code : warnings in C++ code generated from IDL
Hi, Thanks for using the PRF form. You must enable RTTI in your project files. This is now required when using TAO (not when using only ACE). This warning should be read as error, if you don't fix it your TAO app will not build Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Leeghwaterstraat 25 2811 DT Reeuwijk The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > TAO VERSION: 1.4 > ACE VERSION: 5.4 > > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > Dell Dimension 4100, PIII > 733MHz > Windows XP Home SP1 > WS2_32.DLL version == > 5.1.2600.1240 ...

RE: [tao-bugs] generated C++ code : warnings in C++ code generated from IDL
Hi, Then you probably don't use Corba Any's. If you use them you are in problems without enabling RTTI, but the best is to enable it as we advice. Johnny > Thanks! Enabling RTTI took the warnings away. Note, though, > that even > with the warnings, my TAO code did build and appeared to run > correctly. > > At 07:10 AM 2/28/2004, Johnny Willemsen wrote: > >Hi, > > > >Thanks for using the PRF form. > > > >You must enable RTTI in your project files. This is now > required when using > >TAO (not when using only ACE). This w...

mex compiling c++ code but not c code
i get the following error when i try to compile the following code: //hello.c #include <mex.h> void mexFunction(int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[]) { mexPrintf("Hello World!\n"); } / usr/local/MATLAB/R2012a/bin/mex: 1: eval: -c: not found mex: compile of ' "hello.c"' failed. Error using mex (line 206) Unable to complete successfully. when i use the same code but name it as hello.cpp it compiles fine & prints hello world. im using matlab 2012a,ubuntu 12.04,gcc-4.6,g++-4.6 my mex-opts.sh has C...

Having C code looking like C++ code
Hi, I've been asked in a job interview how to make C code look like C++ code, and honestly I didn't know what to answer because I have never really done a lot of C. Now, I've been searching around the web about web sites that talk about this subject, but I've had no luck. Can anyone point me to some web site about this subject? Thanks a lot! Fronsac wrote: > Hi, > I've been asked in a job interview how to make C code look like C++ > code, and honestly I didn't know what to answer because I have never > really done a lot of C. Now, I've been s...

calling Matlab code from C/C++ code
Hi, I am learning to call Matlab code from C/C++ code. Here are my questions (1)are using Matlab engine and converting Matlab code into a C or C++ shared library the only two ways? (2) what's the difference between these two methods? Advantages and disadvantages? In what case use which method is better? Thanks and regards! On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 10:33:00 -0400, Tim <timlee126@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi, > I am learning to call Matlab code from C/C++ code. Here are my > questions > > (1)are using Matlab engine and converting Matlab code into a C or C++ > shared library...

convert c# code to c++/c
hi people, Im stuck with a problem. I want to convert the following C# code to c++/c im trying to convert it line by line by myself. but still cant do away with some errors.. kindly help here is my code.. Imports System.Net Imports System.Net.Sockets Imports System.IO Public Class Form1 Private Client As New UdpClient(4370) 'Local machine uses UDP and port 4370 Private ZkDevice As New IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Parse("192.168.1.201"), 4370) 'Address of Device and port Private SessionID As UInt16 'ID of session. Each session have a unique ID ...

Opengroupware source code in C/C++?
Does anyone know of source code for opengroupware in C/C++? thanx. Anthony Yio wrote: > Does anyone know of source code for opengroupware in C/C++? Why the hell would it have to be in C++?? This might still be viable: http://wikicpp.sourceforge.net/ -- Phlip http://www.xpsd.org/cgi-bin/wiki?TestFirstUserInterfaces Anthony Yio wrote: > Does anyone know of source code for opengroupware in C/C++? There is no such language as "C/C++", but the opengroupware source code can surely be downloaded from http://www.opengroupware.org . Sometimes, I wonder how people m...

c/c++ source code needed
I've been scowering the net (i.e., musicdsp.org, google, etc) for full source code implementations of these effects: reverb, echo/delay, distortion and chorus. Any implementations will do as long as they have at least 2 or 3 parameters that I can change. What I'm looking for basically is a function that takes an inbuffer and returns the processed outbuffer. What I've found mostly is a lot of pseudocode and stuff. I'm a novice to DSP and such and need this for a larger project without having to learn all this stuff to write the code myself. Any help would be appreciated. L...

Re: SAS code to C code?
Well, SAS is written in C, so I suppose if you have a decompiler, you can open yourself up to criminal charges for violating the Digital Millenium Copyright Act. Having said that, there are things that you can do in SAS that can also be done in C, but SAS is almost always easier. Bob Abelson KAI Research, Inc. 6001 Montrose Rd. Suite 920 Rockville, MD 20852 T: 301-770-2730 F: 301-770-4183 rabelson@kai-research.com > -----Original Message----- > From: Yang, Kai [SMTP:Kai.Yang@CSHS.ORG] > Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 1:43 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: ...

m.code to C source code
i want to develop a neural network for my project using mat lab but I have to convert it in c.I don't know how to convert a M. code to C code please send me any relevant information ...

FTP C source code (not C++)?
I'd like to look how FTP works. Where can I find plain vanilla C (not C++) source code to look into. All the examples I've seen are C++ or some OOP which I don't want. ab wrote: > I'd like to look how FTP works. Where can I find plain > vanilla C (not C++) source code to look into. All the > examples I've seen are C++ or some OOP which I don't > want. I would suggest searching www.sourceforge.net. Jussi Jumppanen Author of: Zeus for Windows (New version 3.93 out now) "The C/C++, Cobol, Java, HTML, Python, PHP, Perl programmer's e...

link c code with c++ code using g++
I compile one object using gcc and another using g++ then i use g++ to link the to objects and i get that the fuctions of the c object are unknown references for the c++ object. can any body explain me how can i link c code with c++ code ? i tried extern "C" but seems that that doesn't compile with g++ thanks jorge Compile all your source code (both C and C++) using g++ and use the extern C feature to turn off name mangling for the C functions. HTH, Ravi. J.Artieda wrote: > I compile one object using gcc and another using g++ then i use g++ to link > the to objects an...

Matlab face detection code to c/c++ code
hello guys... I am in urgent need of something which can change my MATLAb code to C or C++ code. I have to run this C, c++ code in Code composer studio and feed the program into DSP emulator EVDM642. Code composer studio does not support MATLAB... So, its important to convert the code into C or C++.. This is my semester project and I have to give the presentation on 18th november...or else I will be failed.. Please help me guys....Tell e something which changes MATLAb to C/C++. Thanx in advance. On 16 Nov., 05:42, "Tarun " <tarunsa...@gmail.com> wrote: > hello guys... >...

How to transfer matlab codes into visual c++ or c codes?
Hi, Folks I have written some matlab functions (Matlab 6.5), and I want to change them into visual c++ or c codes then create a visual c++ project to use the generated c++ or c codes.(visual c++ 6.0). Could anyone give me the full instructions on how to deal with it because I have met some unresolved external symbol problems when linking (use visual c++ 6.0). Have I missed to include some lib files? Thanks. Hi, Suppose you have an M-file mySquare.m: function y = mySquare(x) y = x*x ; You'll create a dll file by using the command: mcc -t -L C -W lib:mySquarelib -T link:lib mySquare.m...

How to do this in C++ (C code)
in C, I have this : #define doStuff(var) func(var##_1, var##_2) void func(int v, int v2) { printf("%d, %d\n", v, v2); } int main() { int myvar_1 = 1; int myvar_2 = 2; doStuff(myvar); // ... } I want to do a class to encapsulate the func, but how can I do the same thing with a class ? I would like to do something like this : int myvar_1 = 1; int myvar_2 = 2; CMyClass c; c.doStuff(myvar); How can I do that ? Thanks for your help, S. timor.super@gmail.com wrote: > in C, I have this : > > #define doStuff(var) func(var##_1, var##_2) > > void func(int v, int...

C++ implementation for C API ---- converting legacy C code to C++
[My apologies if this LONG posting is off-topic] In this day and age, you never say no to any work that is thrown at you ---- so when I was offered this short-term contract to convert legacy C code to C++, I did not say no. Personally I believed that it was a somewhat futile exercise since one of the main requirements was for the existing API (a functional interface written in C) to remain the same. I would have much rathered that the mandate be ab-initio, but that was not the case here. My client had a bad experience with OO, and they wanted to re-tread this path very very carefully. The...

C++ code with C-style interface for a library to be used in C++ and C?
Hi! I have a question about building and then using libraries containing C++ code. Let's say I have some C++ code and a .cpp file with 1 function that uses some other C++ code / classes etc... Also, any possible exception is handled within the function itself. In code: MyModule.h ---------- #ifndef MYMODULE_H #define MYMODULE_H extern int Test(float inParam1,float inParam2,float* outResult); #endif // #ifndef MYMODULE_H MyModule.cpp ------------ #include "MyModule.h" #include "MyClasses.h" // contains MyClassA and MyClassB int Test(float inParam1,float inParam2,...

Tools like RedHat Source Navigator for C/C++ source code viewing???
Folks, Say I have a large base of C or C++ code (like some big open source project) that I want to dive into and explore. I have used Red Hat's Source Navigator (on Windows) in the past and like it, but the code is tempermental and it's not clear what the status of the project is. I like the fact that it indexes all the code and headers, etc. and then let's you jump around from function to function while you're exploring. We also use Eclipse for Java which is great at this sort of thing, so I thought I'd try the Eclipse CDE plugin... Usability of this tool is worse ...

Re: SAS code to C code? #5
This question comes up once in a while. I can only assume the anticipated application is very limited, such as the equivalent of a single datastep or proc. If it was to be run several times a day for several years on large volumes then considering coding something in C might be worthwhile. BUT, given SAS is itself coded in C, I don't really see the point? Unless the project is simply unworkable in SAS - highly unlikely - why would you think your C code could out perform SAS Institute's? It would be like me going out and attempting to translate Oracle 10g database into C. Biting off mor...

Re: SAS code to C code? #3
"Yang, Kai" <Kai.Yang@CSHS.ORG> wrote: > Is there a way to translate the SAS code to C code? Paul Dorfman has written a nice response, but let me add a couple points. [1] Even something as simple as: data two; set one; y = x*z; run; could be a problem in translation. One important feature of SAS which you won't have in your C code is scalability. SAS can cope quite nicely when the data are too large for your RAM or even your virtual memory. The code required to replace the I/O under the hood will be time-consuming and difficult to test/debug/...

Re: SAS code to C code? #6
Sounds like someone from the academia who loves programming. If all you have is a hammer, then everything else looks like a nail. SAS is a powerful tool for practitioners / decision scientists to solve real-world problems (i.e., sales force optimization, precision targeting, portfolio management, etc.) Not for someone who loves to sit around and do programming all day long. Susie Li Sales Operations/Resource Optimization &Targeting Sanofi-Synthelabo, Inc. 7th Fl. 90 Park Ave New York, NY 10016 (212)551-4385 susie.li@us.sanofi.com __________________ ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK (Ben Powell) ...