Re: source code browser for C / C++ code 491176

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 20:13:34 -0600, Alex wrote:

>> > Rahul meant "source code browser" - not IDE, did you?
>
> If Rahul wants to get a grip of a large codebase, IDE with source
> browser is no doubt better than running doxygen on it. Visual Studio or
> Eclipse/CDT (in that order) is what I recommend.
>
> http://www.eclipse.org/cdt/
>
> Alex

Uh, no. Visual Studio barely works on non-C-like C++ code. If your team
has a habit of using Doxygen from the get-go, the benefits are
tremendous. Whoever suggested Doxygen was a genius. Given a relatively
non-traditional C++ codebase, Doxygen has done well where Visual Studio
has very badly failed.

On a slight tangent, I find that Emacs + etags works better for code
lookups than Visual Studio. The only nagging problem I have is that the
TAGS file is not updated as you edit. I shouldn't speak to CDT as I tried
it a long time ago and it is probably a lot better now.

As these things go, YMMV :-)

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com

Reply Sohail 2/14/2008 5:26:40 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.lang.c++.moderated 10643 articles. 9 followers. Post

Re: source code browser for C / C++ code 219058
Thomas Lehmann wrote: > - And most effort is required for C++: This language is complex and the > most high end products are not able to provide every required feature. > Two good examples: Programming Java I found myself surprised working with > eclipse because everything from code analysis, to parallel debugging, > metric and unit-testing is covered by one product but wait ... > you have to install some plugins but then it's quite fine ... > Same for C#. Working with Visual Studio and C# you will have a similar > environment! Unfortu...

source code browser for C / C++ code
hi, which is the best source code browser for c / c++ source code... on windows.. better if its free download... i tried source navigator 5.1.4 and 5.2b2.. but it is crashing while parsing the c++ source code... i have a huge source code to dig into to fix bugs... pls help... -- rahul Rahul wrote: > which is the best source code browser for c / c++ source code... on > windows.. [..] Why don't you ask in a Windows programming newsgroup? V -- Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask * Victor Baza...

Source code browsers for C++
Hi, Can anyone recommend a good program that I could use to help understand a large and complex C++ program? I have been told that there are such programs that will convert the source code into a set of HTML pages. Many Thanks, Nik Shaylor On 28 Feb 2005 00:53:12 -0500, Nik Shaylor wrote: > Hi, Can anyone recommend a good program that I could use to help > understand a large and complex C++ program? I have been told that > there are such programs that will convert the source code into a set > of HTML pages. http://www.doxygen.org -- Regards, Dmitry A. Kazakov http://www.dmit...

C-Scope-like source code browser?
Hi guys, A few months ago, I downloaded a free Windows-based trial version of an application that was similiar to C-scope. It took all my .c and .h files, all the functions and variables within, and the output was a nice-looking tree showing which functions called which functions. Does anyone know such a tool? I forgot the name and the website. It's free too for a month. Thanks, Mike Mike V. wrote: > Hi guys, > > A few months ago, I downloaded a free Windows-based trial version of > an application that was similiar to C-scope. It took all my .c and .h > files, all the fu...

Re: Speech recognition source code in Matlab or c++
i need speech recognition source code in matlab or c++ or whatever it may be. i will be very grateful to you if you send it to me. ...

Re: I am learning C: a little problem with a simple source code
"io_x" <a@b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio news:... > what about below function? > > // fa apparire il testo nello schermo e prende una stringa > // da stdin > // ritorna un puntatore a una *stringa* da liberare con free(). > // ritorna 0 per errore. > char* __export GetLine(char* testo) > {unsigned s, i; > int c, r; > char *p,*t; > > s=1024; p=malloc(s); if(p==0) return 0; ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i have one dubit about the write +1 of the array... it has to be: s=1024; p=malloc(s+4); if(p==0) return 0; .... &g...

Re: [ace-users] MPC problem with C source code
Hi Andrew, > My MPC project fails to build because it is using the C++ compiler to > compile C code. There are some constructs that are legal C but are not > legal C++. Is MPC supposed to use the C++ compiler for all the source > files? I assumed that any file ending in ".c" would be treated as C. > > I am using MPC version 3.7.0 with cygwin on WindowsXP. > > BTW, I do not want to change the C code because it is for a third > party component that I am compiling into my main app. I had the same problem. I assume you're using the &...

Re: Speech recognition source code in Matlab or c++ or help
hai, i am arun doing my final "be cse" in CIT coimbatore. i need help to do speech recognition using hidden markov models we have done upto LPC analysis. if any one can help me, i will be very grateful to you. thanking you in advance, arun ...

Re: Speech recognition source code in Matlab or c++ #2
hello sir, We are working with the project "speech recognition in MATLAB". I want your help regard to this subject. please send necessary information. Thank you. hi, my name is Ahmed from Syria, final year of (Mechatronics Engineerig) .. i'm working on my Graduation Project which is (Speech Recognition to control a Mobile Car Using IR Technique), i think i had finished the recognition part on matlab Successfully but i still have some problems, so it will be nice to share my work with any one here.. i'm waiting... Ahmed Shabarek Jordan - Amman 2...

Re: Speech recognition source code in Matlab or c++ #3
hello, i am in need of this speech recognition software as this is helping me in the final year project of BE. plz i ll be very grateful to u if u kindly send this to me. thanks in advance amir shahzad ...

Re: Speech recognition source code in Matlab or c++ #4
hello sir, i am in need of this speech recognition software as this is helping me in the final year project of BE. plz i ll be very grateful to u if u kindly send this to me. thanks in advance from, DhipakKumaran.S Dear Kumaran, Since it is your project. you have to do it. What will you get if some body sends the Source code or software to you. Do not be like impotent engineer. Try on your own. Best Regards, Sathish Athreya ""DhipakKumaran.S"" <dhipak_1983@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:g77g515010pj@legacy... > hello sir, > i am in need ...

Re: Speech recognition source code in Matlab or c++ #5
Hai there.i have the speech recognition source code in matlab. i can share it with u but u hav to loose your pocket a bit. that code can recognize the speech input by you and give u the file name after matching it with the database. our group is working in this field from the past 18yrs. let us know about any problem you r facing in d recognition. contact us at: AURA tech_solutions@yahoo.com ...

Re: I am learning C: a little problem with a simple source code #2
"io_x" <a@b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio news:... > > "io_x" <a@b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio > news:4eb38450$0$1380$4fafbaef@reader2.news.tin.it... > > when i see my routines i note this > >>> /* Safely collect a string (due to Jack Klein) */ >>> char * getsafe (char *buffer, int count) >>> { >>> char *result = buffer, *np; >>> if ((buffer == NULL) || (count < 1)) >>> result = NULL; >>> else if (count == 1) >>> *result = '\0...

RE: [tao-bugs] generated C++ code : warnings in C++ code generated from IDL
Hi, Thanks for using the PRF form. You must enable RTTI in your project files. This is now required when using TAO (not when using only ACE). This warning should be read as error, if you don't fix it your TAO app will not build Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Leeghwaterstraat 25 2811 DT Reeuwijk The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > TAO VERSION: 1.4 > ACE VERSION: 5.4 > > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > Dell Dimension 4100, PIII > 733MHz > Windows XP Home SP1 > WS2_32.DLL version == > 5.1.2600.1240 ...

RE: [tao-bugs] generated C++ code : warnings in C++ code generated from IDL
Hi, Then you probably don't use Corba Any's. If you use them you are in problems without enabling RTTI, but the best is to enable it as we advice. Johnny > Thanks! Enabling RTTI took the warnings away. Note, though, > that even > with the warnings, my TAO code did build and appeared to run > correctly. > > At 07:10 AM 2/28/2004, Johnny Willemsen wrote: > >Hi, > > > >Thanks for using the PRF form. > > > >You must enable RTTI in your project files. This is now > required when using > >TAO (not when using only ACE). This w...

Opengroupware source code in C/C++?
Does anyone know of source code for opengroupware in C/C++? thanx. Anthony Yio wrote: > Does anyone know of source code for opengroupware in C/C++? Why the hell would it have to be in C++?? This might still be viable: http://wikicpp.sourceforge.net/ -- Phlip http://www.xpsd.org/cgi-bin/wiki?TestFirstUserInterfaces Anthony Yio wrote: > Does anyone know of source code for opengroupware in C/C++? There is no such language as "C/C++", but the opengroupware source code can surely be downloaded from http://www.opengroupware.org . Sometimes, I wonder how people m...

c/c++ source code needed
I've been scowering the net (i.e., musicdsp.org, google, etc) for full source code implementations of these effects: reverb, echo/delay, distortion and chorus. Any implementations will do as long as they have at least 2 or 3 parameters that I can change. What I'm looking for basically is a function that takes an inbuffer and returns the processed outbuffer. What I've found mostly is a lot of pseudocode and stuff. I'm a novice to DSP and such and need this for a larger project without having to learn all this stuff to write the code myself. Any help would be appreciated. L...

Re: SAS code to C code?
Well, SAS is written in C, so I suppose if you have a decompiler, you can open yourself up to criminal charges for violating the Digital Millenium Copyright Act. Having said that, there are things that you can do in SAS that can also be done in C, but SAS is almost always easier. Bob Abelson KAI Research, Inc. 6001 Montrose Rd. Suite 920 Rockville, MD 20852 T: 301-770-2730 F: 301-770-4183 rabelson@kai-research.com > -----Original Message----- > From: Yang, Kai [SMTP:Kai.Yang@CSHS.ORG] > Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 1:43 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: ...

m.code to C source code
i want to develop a neural network for my project using mat lab but I have to convert it in c.I don't know how to convert a M. code to C code please send me any relevant information ...

FTP C source code (not C++)?
I'd like to look how FTP works. Where can I find plain vanilla C (not C++) source code to look into. All the examples I've seen are C++ or some OOP which I don't want. ab wrote: > I'd like to look how FTP works. Where can I find plain > vanilla C (not C++) source code to look into. All the > examples I've seen are C++ or some OOP which I don't > want. I would suggest searching www.sourceforge.net. Jussi Jumppanen Author of: Zeus for Windows (New version 3.93 out now) "The C/C++, Cobol, Java, HTML, Python, PHP, Perl programmer's e...

Tools like RedHat Source Navigator for C/C++ source code viewing???
Folks, Say I have a large base of C or C++ code (like some big open source project) that I want to dive into and explore. I have used Red Hat's Source Navigator (on Windows) in the past and like it, but the code is tempermental and it's not clear what the status of the project is. I like the fact that it indexes all the code and headers, etc. and then let's you jump around from function to function while you're exploring. We also use Eclipse for Java which is great at this sort of thing, so I thought I'd try the Eclipse CDE plugin... Usability of this tool is worse ...

Re: SAS code to C code? #3
"Yang, Kai" <Kai.Yang@CSHS.ORG> wrote: > Is there a way to translate the SAS code to C code? Paul Dorfman has written a nice response, but let me add a couple points. [1] Even something as simple as: data two; set one; y = x*z; run; could be a problem in translation. One important feature of SAS which you won't have in your C code is scalability. SAS can cope quite nicely when the data are too large for your RAM or even your virtual memory. The code required to replace the I/O under the hood will be time-consuming and difficult to test/debug/...

Re: SAS code to C code? #6
Sounds like someone from the academia who loves programming. If all you have is a hammer, then everything else looks like a nail. SAS is a powerful tool for practitioners / decision scientists to solve real-world problems (i.e., sales force optimization, precision targeting, portfolio management, etc.) Not for someone who loves to sit around and do programming all day long. Susie Li Sales Operations/Resource Optimization &Targeting Sanofi-Synthelabo, Inc. 7th Fl. 90 Park Ave New York, NY 10016 (212)551-4385 susie.li@us.sanofi.com __________________ ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK (Ben Powell) ...

Re: SAS code to C code? #7
From the SAS Web Site regarding scoring code produced by Enterprise Miner: "The complete scoring formula for all stages of model development is automatically captured in the form of SAS, C and Java languages for subsequent model deployment." Apparently, even SAS Institute sees some utility in producing C code for some purposes. So perhaps the question (can one convert SAS code to C code?) is not so pointless as some seem to suggest. -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Susie Li Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 12:38 PM T...