Re: source code browser for C / C++ code 491176

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 20:13:34 -0600, Alex wrote:

>> > Rahul meant "source code browser" - not IDE, did you?
>
> If Rahul wants to get a grip of a large codebase, IDE with source
> browser is no doubt better than running doxygen on it. Visual Studio or
> Eclipse/CDT (in that order) is what I recommend.
>
> http://www.eclipse.org/cdt/
>
> Alex

Uh, no. Visual Studio barely works on non-C-like C++ code. If your team
has a habit of using Doxygen from the get-go, the benefits are
tremendous. Whoever suggested Doxygen was a genius. Given a relatively
non-traditional C++ codebase, Doxygen has done well where Visual Studio
has very badly failed.

On a slight tangent, I find that Emacs + etags works better for code
lookups than Visual Studio. The only nagging problem I have is that the
TAGS file is not updated as you edit. I shouldn't speak to CDT as I tried
it a long time ago and it is probably a lot better now.

As these things go, YMMV :-)

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com

Reply Sohail 2/14/2008 5:26:40 PM

See related articles to this posting
comp.lang.c++.moderated 10589 articles. 6 followers. Post

Re: source code browser for C / C++ code 219058
Thomas Lehmann wrote: > - And most effort is required for C++: This language is complex and the > most high end products are not able to provide every required feature. > Two good examples: Programming Java I found myself surprised working with > eclipse because everything from code analysis, to parallel debugging, > metric and unit-testing is covered by one product but wait ... > you have to install some plugins but then it's quite fine ... > Same for C#. Working with Visual Studio and C# you will have a similar > environment! Unfortu...

source code browser for C / C++ code
hi, which is the best source code browser for c / c++ source code... on windows.. better if its free download... i tried source navigator 5.1.4 and 5.2b2.. but it is crashing while parsing the c++ source code... i have a huge source code to dig into to fix bugs... pls help... -- rahul Rahul wrote: > which is the best source code browser for c / c++ source code... on > windows.. [..] Why don't you ask in a Windows programming newsgroup? V -- Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask * Victor Baza...

Source code browsers for C++
Hi, Can anyone recommend a good program that I could use to help understand a large and complex C++ program? I have been told that there are such programs that will convert the source code into a set of HTML pages. Many Thanks, Nik Shaylor On 28 Feb 2005 00:53:12 -0500, Nik Shaylor wrote: > Hi, Can anyone recommend a good program that I could use to help > understand a large and complex C++ program? I have been told that > there are such programs that will convert the source code into a set > of HTML pages. http://www.doxygen.org -- Regards, Dmitry A. Kazakov http://www.dmit...

C-Scope-like source code browser?
Hi guys, A few months ago, I downloaded a free Windows-based trial version of an application that was similiar to C-scope. It took all my .c and .h files, all the functions and variables within, and the output was a nice-looking tree showing which functions called which functions. Does anyone know such a tool? I forgot the name and the website. It's free too for a month. Thanks, Mike Mike V. wrote: > Hi guys, > > A few months ago, I downloaded a free Windows-based trial version of > an application that was similiar to C-scope. It took all my .c and .h > files, all the fu...

Re: Speech recognition source code in Matlab or c++
i need speech recognition source code in matlab or c++ or whatever it may be. i will be very grateful to you if you send it to me. ...

Re: I am learning C: a little problem with a simple source code
"io_x" <a@b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio news:... > what about below function? > > // fa apparire il testo nello schermo e prende una stringa > // da stdin > // ritorna un puntatore a una *stringa* da liberare con free(). > // ritorna 0 per errore. > char* __export GetLine(char* testo) > {unsigned s, i; > int c, r; > char *p,*t; > > s=1024; p=malloc(s); if(p==0) return 0; ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i have one dubit about the write +1 of the array... it has to be: s=1024; p=malloc(s+4); if(p==0) return 0; .... &g...

Re: Speech recognition source code in Matlab or c++ #2
hello sir, We are working with the project "speech recognition in MATLAB". I want your help regard to this subject. please send necessary information. Thank you. hi, my name is Ahmed from Syria, final year of (Mechatronics Engineerig) .. i'm working on my Graduation Project which is (Speech Recognition to control a Mobile Car Using IR Technique), i think i had finished the recognition part on matlab Successfully but i still have some problems, so it will be nice to share my work with any one here.. i'm waiting... Ahmed Shabarek Jordan - Amman 2...

Re: Speech recognition source code in Matlab or c++ #3
hello, i am in need of this speech recognition software as this is helping me in the final year project of BE. plz i ll be very grateful to u if u kindly send this to me. thanks in advance amir shahzad ...

Re: Speech recognition source code in Matlab or c++ #4
hello sir, i am in need of this speech recognition software as this is helping me in the final year project of BE. plz i ll be very grateful to u if u kindly send this to me. thanks in advance from, DhipakKumaran.S Dear Kumaran, Since it is your project. you have to do it. What will you get if some body sends the Source code or software to you. Do not be like impotent engineer. Try on your own. Best Regards, Sathish Athreya ""DhipakKumaran.S"" <dhipak_1983@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:g77g515010pj@legacy... > hello sir, > i am in need ...