C, C++ and C# Forums

Throne Software has opened up C, C++ and C# Forums at:

http://www.thronesoftware.com/forum/

Join us!

0
mail76 (9)

Throne Software wrote:
> Throne Software has opened up C, C++ and C# Forums at:
>
> http://www.thronesoftware.com/forum/

For all of your forums newsgroups already exist.

> Join us!

Why? Don't see any reason to support your marketing.

0
pan6c7yc0j (82)

Better C/C++ Than C/C++?
I am looking for a good systems programming language that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications for the language are: * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code binaries (for Windows) * open source - preferable, but not 100% necessary Thanks, Kevin "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> writes: > I am looking for a good systems programming language > that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications > for the language are: > > * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code > binaries (for Windows) Ocaml, D, cyclone, Eiffel, Beta > * open source - preferable, but not 100% necessary what's wrong with using C? Friedrich > what's wrong with using C? Too low level, no built-in garbage collection. -- Kevin "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> writes: >> what's wrong with using C? > > Too low level, Well the Smalltalk people say, have a small language and a big library. I assume C's library status beyond that of Smalltalk. > no built-in garbage collection. Use the Boehm Weisser GC. Friedrich "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> wrote in message news:<2TiYb.237892$rj7.1641209@twister.tampabay.rr.com>... > I am looking for a good systems programming language > that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications > for the language are: > > * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code > binaries (for Windows) > ...

C/C++ in MATALB or MATLAB in C/C++?
Hi I've been asking on the net how to use MEX properly so that I can use C/C++ in MATLAB, but information is not forthcoming. There seems to be a lot on using MATLAB in C/C++ but not the other way around. I understand Mathworks is trying very hard to sell the Matlab Compiler, but even so, why is it SO hard to get information about MEX? Or is it that I've missed something very fundamental, meaning that I'm struggling over something that is actually quite easy? Any thoughts and info would be great. Thanks BullDog BullDog wrote: > Hi > > I've been asking on the net ...

C/C++ in matlab and matlab in C/C++ ?
Is it possible to read C/C++ code in matlab and the other way around too? Hi, as long as C or C++ are written in text files you can edit them in the matlab editor. To see the special character of C or C++ coding language, in the editor go to menus: file>preferences>Edito/Debugger>language and on popup "Language" select "C/C++". This does not allow you to run the C/C++ code, just to view it i nicer way... regards, chris saneman <asdfsdf@asd.com> wrote in message <frl846 $f8i$2@news.net.uni-c.dk>... > Is it possible to read C/C...

C,, C++, Java, C#
I come from C,C++,Java and C#. What can SmallTalk do for me and for what cost? Regarding the Squeak thing, it's interesting though confusing. Is it an IDE? Why are the menus so wacky? "DM McGowan II" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:PLednX2vnLd11IncRVn-rA@comcast.com... > I come from C,C++,Java and C#. What can SmallTalk do for me ...? Ask not what Smalltalk can do for, but what can you do with Smalltalk. :-) In very few words, it significantly reduces time to market, while enhancig the development experience. This is because: 1. It manages the memory for you, so you don't have to allocate/deallocate all the time (the source of some of the most nasty bugs in C). Java and C# learnt that feature from ST. 2. It has single inheritance. 3. All the development is in a single file, called the image, so you don't have to fish for where did you put that missing class. Yet, you don't have to go through thousands of lines of code to find the method you wrote three months ago. 4. It's the language for which it's easier to work within the Agile methodologies. 5. It's strongly typed without being unnecessarily redundant. 6. It's "wacky" interface releases you from the need to use curlys. 7. It comes with a huge library, so you don't need to reinvent the wheel as much. 8. It's debugger is highly integrated and friendly, so the experience of findin...

c,c++,obj-c
Of the 3 languages titled in this post is c++ older than obj-c ? Would someone experienced in C be able to dive right into C++ rather than obj-c ? Java is out for me now except applet programming I think I'm going to go with just C and C++. Bill Bill Cunningham wrote: > Of the 3 languages titled in this post is c++ older than obj-c ? Why does that matter? Do you want to use an old language? Try Fortran or LISP. > Would > someone experienced in C be able to dive right into C++ rather than > obj-c ? Not quite dive in, at least not into the OO parts of C++. ...

C or C++
Hi All, I am starting to learn C and am wondering if C++ may be a better choice? The purpose is to do free software development and eventually contribute to existing projects. I believe that a lot of gnome stuff is c and kde stuff tends to be c++ is that correct? what would other people out their recommend. I realize there are lots of different opinions on this but I was just interest to see third party thoughts. Thanks Anthony Anthony Irwin <nospam@noemailhere.nowhere> wrote: > Hi All, > > I am starting to learn C and am wondering if C++ may be a ...

c++/c
hi i have been recently told that there is no exception handling ic c+ +.?? as far as i remember i have read, it has. also java has exception handling for sure but there we can use finally also which we cant use in c ++. what other differences do we have in the two languages c++ and java in exception handling. and which one is better? rupika wrote: > > i have been recently told that there is no exception handling ic > c++.?? You should ask about C in comp.lang.c, about C++ in comp.lang.c++. -- [mail]: Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net) [page]: <http://cbfalconer.home...

More about C and C++
Hello, I have wrote: >I will resume it like this: >On the criterias of "complexity" and "difficulty", the C and C++ >programming languages are more complex and difficult than Object >Pascal for example, so since they are more complex and difficult they >are likely to create something like a darwinian filter who don't let >the weaker humans among us humans to cross or to climb the social >ladder, this is why i think that C and C++ do participate to social >darwinism, this is why i say that C and C++ are bad. Joseph Mitzen repsonded: >Something may be more complex or more difficult to learn but it may >bring more capabilities. For instance, a helicopter is both >mechanically more complex and more difficult to learn to fly than an >airplane. However, helicopters possess vertical takeoff and landing >which allow it to reach places planes can not and also gives it >special abilities, such as hovering. >Two important measurements then are the value (what one gains for the >complexity) and what one needs to do (is language X enough for the >task, will feature Y be used, etc.). >Otherwise, one could simply say "Delphi is more complex and difficult >than Ruby or Python, therefore Delphi is bad." It's not only >simplistic, it's also meaningless (bad at what?). I understand your example of hellicopter, you are s...

c++ or c#
hello all experiancesd techies, i am a final yr engg student with knowledge of c++ n java. i want to start windows programing, n hence have to decide whether to choose my language as c++ or c#. please guide me which language would benefit in the long run, if i intend to persue a job in a product development company/( like adobe) after graduation,(not in a consultancy like acenture). also suggest me good books for that. thanx a lot <pravin.chaudhary@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1131971088.291580.42500@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > i am a final yr engg student with ...

c to c++
hi, i was wondering whether its worth converting from c to c++? i'm lazy but if its worth the effort... ______________________ http://monsterbeans.com/ | --------------------------------------- eminhanif@googlemail.com wrote: > hi, > i was wondering whether its worth converting from c to c++? > i'm lazy but if its worth the effort... Rather than participating in the language war flamefest your message invites, I will simply make the most obvious point: it is worth your while to learn any language that will be used in connection with your work. This includes learning a ...

More about C and C++
Hello, I have wrote: >I will resume it like this: >On the criterias of "complexity" and "difficulty", the C and C++ >programming languages are more complex and difficult than Object >Pascal for example, so since they are more complex and difficult they >are likely to create something like a darwinian filter who don't let >the weaker humans among us humans to cross or to climb the social >ladder, this is why i think that C and C++ do participate to social >darwinism, this is why i say that C and C++ are bad. Josep...

Is this C or C++?
Simple question. If the task is (for example): "Write a C++ program which asks user his name (less than 20 chars) and prints it." Then, is this code a correct answer: char name[100]; cout<<"Your name?"<<endl; cin>>name; cout<<name<<endl; The point being, that the code uses C string "char name[]" and not C++ std::string. C is a subset of C++, so isnt it logically speaking a C++ program? On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 21:44:40 -0000, "crea" <no@com.notvalid> wrote: >Simple question. If the task is (for example): >"Write a C++ program which asks user his name (less than 20 chars) and >prints it." > >Then, is this code a correct answer: > >char name[100]; >cout<<"Your name?"<<endl; >cin>>name; >cout<<name<<endl; > >The point being, that the code uses C string "char name[]" and not C++ >std::string. >C is a subset of C++, so isnt it logically speaking a C++ program? The belief that C is a proper subset of C++ is the source of many misconceptions. The fact that cin supports reading into a char array is what makes the code legal C++. Whether using a std::string would make it more of a C++ program is a philosophical discussion. -- Remove del for email "Barry Schwarz" <schwarzb@dqel.com> wrote in message news:3vnn89l8cb3kr8nj52n9dutjlivp...

What After C and C++?
First it was C, then C++, what comes next? "Penna Elabi" <terebinthus@go.com> wrote in message news:77081966.0311290846.3d5a7064@posting.google.com... > First it was A whole bunch of computer languages, then >C, then a whole bunch more computer languages, then >C++, what comes next? A whole bunch more. So what? Did you have a question about C++ (which is the *only* topic here) ? -Mike "Penna Elabi" <terebinthus@go.com> wrote... > First it was C, then C++, what comes next? Who cares? This newsgroup is concerned with C++, not with what c...

C C++
While reading some source code, I saw a variable called "end" of type "time". So I investigated what the type "time" meant and saw that time was a typedef for "Real". So what does "Real" mean? "Real" is a typedef for QL_REAL. So what does "QL_REAL" mean? QL_REAL is type double via the line of code #define QL_REAL double.... "Mallik * G" <gadde.mallik@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7e4a882c-6f46-46eb-aa54-903842fa1b4d@p39g2000prm.googlegroups.com... > While reading some source code, I saw a variable cal...

More about C and C++
Hello... I have wrote: >I will resume it like this: >On the criterias of "complexity" and "difficulty", the C and C++ >programming languages are more complex and difficult than Object >Pascal for example, so since they are more complex and difficult they >are likely to create something like a darwinian filter who don't let >the weaker humans among us humans to cross or to climb the social >ladder, this is why i think that C and C++ do participate to social >darwinism, this is why i say that C and C++ are bad. Josep...

C++ to C
Are there any open source C++ compilers that will produce C code? I understand the first C++ compilers operated this way. On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 23:07:19 GMT, "Bootstrap Bill" <wrcousert@yahoo.com> wrote in comp.lang.c: > Are there any open source C++ compilers that will produce C code? I > understand the first C++ compilers operated this way. C++ compilers are off-topic in comp.lang.c. -- Jack Klein Home: http://JK-Technology.Com FAQs for comp.lang.c http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html comp.lang.c++ http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/ alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ ftp://snurse-l.org/pub/acllc-c++/faq "Bootstrap Bill" <wrcousert@yahoo.com> writes: > Are there any open source C++ compilers that will produce C code? I > understand the first C++ compilers operated this way. You might want to have a look at Comeau - it's not open source, but it's cheap, and AFAIK does exactly what you want (www.comeaucomputing.com) HTH & kind regards frank -- Frank Schmitt 4SC AG phone: +49 89 700763-0 e-mail: frankNO DOT SPAMschmitt AT 4sc DOT com in comp.lang.c i read: >"Bootstrap Bill" <wrcousert@yahoo.com> writes: >> Are there any open source C++ compilers that will produce C code? I >> understand the first C++ compilers operated this way. > >You might want to have a look at Comeau - it's not open source, but >it's cheap, and AFAIK does exactly what you want but note ...

About C and C++
Hello, I will resume it like this: On the criterias of "complexity" and "difficulty", the C and C++ programming languages are more complex and difficult than Object Pascal for example, so since they are more complex and difficult they are likely to create something like a darwinian filter who don't let the weaker humans among us humans to cross or to climb the social ladder, this is why i think that C and C++ do participate to social darwinism, this is why i say that C and C++ are bad. Thank you, Amine Moulay Ramdane. ...

C or C++
i would like someone with experience to answer my question ! C or C++ and why? Which one is stronger ? The criteria are yours! Thanks in advance guys. -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - vadam17@hotmail.com ha scritto: > i would like someone with experience to answer my question ! C or > C++ and why? Which one is stronger ? The criteria are yours! > Thanks in advance guys. why cat or dog ? they are 2 different animals .... it is the same ... in my opinion...

c++ or c#
Hi. I'm new to c++ and still learning it. I've been advised that c and c++ are now becoming obsolete..I better learn c# (supposedly the best language available) ..is it true?? * sandy: > Hi. I'm new to c++ and still learning it. I've been advised that c > and c++ are now becoming obsolete..I better learn c# (supposedly the > best language available) ..is it true?? The premise is false but many, including me, agree with the conclusion that you should learn e.g. C# first (obviously for different reasons). Learning C# or another language first might take you months o...

C++ or C?
somebody told me that c++ is superior to c while others insist that c++ is just a junk. I don't know which to follow.I want to know exactly the difference between them, and their respective advantage and disadvantage. Magcialking wrote: > somebody told me that c++ is superior to c while others insist that > c++ is just a junk. > I don't know which to follow.I want to know exactly the difference > between them, and their respective advantage and disadvantage. www.google.com and read about the differences until you're blue in the face. Oh, while you're at it, loo...

c++ to c
Hello Everyone, I have a project where I need to write C++ code in C (due to OS issues). Can someone please show me exactly what I need to do to convert the code to C. Thanks Jami Here is the code I need to convert to C++: class CTestSuite : public CTestSuiteBase { public : CTestSuite(CTestBase *aTest); virtual ~CTestSuite(); virtual TInt InvokeTestL(int argc, char * argv[], TTestConfig * aConfig) ; IMPORT_C CTestSuite *GetTestSuite(); virtual int RunTestL(int aArgc, char *aArgv [], TTestConfig *aConfig); protected: CTestBase *iTest; } ; class CTestSuiteBase : p...

C++ or C?
I am new to MPI and have a basic understanding of C and C++. So I was wondering if any of you guys with experience in using MPI had any pointers with regards choosing either C or C++. I intend to use MPI in parallelizing code I have that was written in Java. So obviously the Java code it is heavly object orientated. With regards parallelizing it; right now I think it will mainly be a Master-Slave style of design with no inter-process communication needed once the master has sent the work to the slave. Most, if not all, of my communications will involve simply sending a large object from the master to the slaves, with the slaves returning this object (a modified version of) to the master. Right now I am thinking that it would be most convenient to just write it in C++. But with regards performance, will there be a significant overhead in using C++ as oppossed to C. Also, can I simply send a C++ object using MPI_Send? Apologies if these questions sound naive/trivial...but i am new :) Any help appreciated, Pat. Patrick schrieb: > I am new to MPI and have a basic understanding of C and C++. So I was > wondering if any of you guys with experience in using MPI had any > pointers with regards choosing either C or C++. > > I intend to use MPI in parallelizing code I have that was written in > Java. So obviously the Java code it is heavly object orientated. With > regards parallelizing it; right now I think it will mainly be a > Master-Slave style o...

C or C++?
Hi, I am a newbie to programming, and sorry again that I have to ask the C or C++ questions. Is C required before learning C++? And become better in C does it also make you a better C++ programmer? Or that to be a C+ + programmer, it's better not to have any knowledge of C and start a new in the C++ way as some books suggest? weidongtom@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I am a newbie to programming, and sorry again that I have to ask the C > or C++ questions. Is C required before learning C++? No. And become better > in C does it also make you a better C++ programmer? Not n...

Web resources about - C, C++ and C# Forums - comp.lang.c++

Bucyrus Telegraph Forum - Bucyrus news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving ...
Bucyrus Ohio News - bucyrustelegraphforum.com is the home page of Bucyrus Ohio with in depth and updated Bucyrus local news. Stay informed with ...

Blandford Forum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
/ ˈ b l æ n f ə d ˈ f ɔər ə m / BLAN(D) -fərd FOHR -əm ), commonly Blandford , is a market town on the River Stour in Dorset , England. The town ...

Internet forum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They differ from chat rooms in that messages are at least temporarily archived. Also, depending on the access level of a user or the forum set-up, ...

Madonna's exclusive Forum Theatre show for fan club
Madonna will play an exclusive show for lucky fan club members at Melbourne's Forum Theatre on March 10.

Madonna at Forum in Melbourne for Tears of a Clown Show
UPDATE: FANS were kept waiting for nearly four hours in the rain for Madonna’s invite-only show in Melbourne overnight, and they’re not impressed. ...

Madonna's exclusive Forum Theatre show for fan club
Madonna will play an exclusive show for lucky fan club members at Melbourne's Forum Theatre on March 10.

Global Baku Forum in Xinhua spotlight
AZERTAC News Global Baku Forum in Xinhua spotlight AZERTAC News Chinese official news agency Xinhua has published an article on the fourth ...

Global Baku Forum in Xinhua spotlight
News.Az Global Baku Forum in Xinhua spotlight News.Az Chinese official news agency Xinhua has published an article on the fourth Global Baku ...

Sploops Video Forum for Sports Fans Launches on iOS
Sploops has announced the official launch of its platform on iOS. The video forum for sports fans allows users to share 15 second videos containing ...

David Sabine to Host Panel Discussion with Strategic Leadership Forum in Toronto
... Hi, David here. I have been invited to moderate a panel discussion about business agility on March 30 with the Strategic Leadership Forum ...