C C++

While reading some source code, I saw a variable called "end" of type
"time". So I investigated what the type "time" meant and saw that time
was a typedef for "Real". So what does "Real" mean? "Real" is a
typedef for QL_REAL. So what does "QL_REAL" mean? QL_REAL is type
double via the line of code #define QL_REAL double....

"Mallik * G" <gadde.mallik@gmail.com> wrote in message
> While reading some source code, I saw a variable called "end" of type
> "time". So I investigated what the type "time" meant and saw that time
> was a typedef for "Real". So what does "Real" mean? "Real" is a
> typedef for QL_REAL. So what does "QL_REAL" mean? QL_REAL is type
> double via the line of code #define QL_REAL double....

so what's your question?  So the line

time end;
or however it was defined becomes
double end;
after all the preprocessore directives are finished.   So what's the
question?  Or is this an observation or a comment?

0
tazmaster (2359)
7/4/2008 3:56:53 AM
This is a MIME GnuPG-signed message.  If you see this text, it means that
your E-mail or Usenet software does not support MIME signed messages.
The Internet standard for MIME PGP messages, RFC 2015, was published in 1996.
To open this message correctly you will need to install E-mail or Usenet
software that supports modern Internet standards.

--=_mimegpg-commodore.email-scan.com-14786-1215143852-0001

Mallik * G writes:

> While reading some source code, I saw a variable called "end" of type
> "time". So I investigated what the type "time" meant and saw that time
> was a typedef for "Real". So what does "Real" mean? "Real" is a
> typedef for QL_REAL. So what does "QL_REAL" mean? QL_REAL is type
> double via the line of code #define QL_REAL double....

Thank you for sharing with us a few minutes of your life. Now, was there a
question buried in your report, somewhere, that you were planning to ask?

--=_mimegpg-commodore.email-scan.com-14786-1215143852-0001

--=_mimegpg-commodore.email-scan.com-14786-1215143852-0001--
0
sam217 (1634)
7/4/2008 3:57:33 AM
On 2008-07-04 05:25, Mallik * G wrote:
> While reading some source code, I saw a variable called "end" of type
> "time". So I investigated what the type "time" meant and saw that time
> was a typedef for "Real". So what does "Real" mean? "Real" is a
> typedef for QL_REAL. So what does "QL_REAL" mean? QL_REAL is type
> double via the line of code #define QL_REAL double....

Congratulations, you have discovered abstraction, a fundamental skill
when writing software.

--
Erik Wikström
0

Commando team use it with VBA... Maybe you'd have to imporve VBA first...
QuandLib has a DLL usable into Excel without knowing how C++ works and with
about the same performances...

"Mallik * G" <gadde.mallik@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de

On Jul 4, 11:43=A0pm, Erik Wikstr=F6m <Erik-wikst...@telia.com> wrote:
> On 2008-07-04 05:25, Mallik * G wrote:
>
> > While reading some source code, I saw a variable called "end" of type
> > "time". So I investigated what the type "time" meant and saw that time
> > was a typedef for "Real". So what does "Real" mean? "Real" is a
> > typedef forQL_REAL. So what does "QL_REAL" mean?QL_REALis type
> > double via the line of code #defineQL_REALdouble....
>
> Congratulations, you have discovered abstraction, a fundamental skill
> when writing software.

No, I don't think the OP has discovered abstraction.  I wrote
_exactly_ the same paragraph in another posting, and the OP just copy-
pasted it.  I don't know why the OP did this(??)
If the OP has discovered anything, it is the art of copying and
pasting text.

Paul Epstein

0
pauldepstein (244)