cant compile on linux system.cant compile on cant compile onlinux system.

hi all,
I have simple basic c++ program "hello world" which i cant compile on
linux system. I have given extension as .C.  please tell me how to
compile C++ programs on Linux.

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 03:09:38 -0800, Nagaraj wrote:

> hi all,
> I have simple basic c++ program "hello world" which i cant compile on
> linux system. I have given extension as .C.  please tell me how to
> compile C++ programs on Linux.

If your program file is helloworld.C (assuming you have the GNU
compiler gcc installed, which you hopefully will) try:

g++ helloworld.C -o helloworld

then run the binary with:

../helloworld

--