Compiler compiler with C++ as output

Greetings.

Do you know any compiler compiler that can give output in C++? I would like
to implement run-time scripting system in my system, and i am looking for
fully object-oriented compiler compiler.

So far i found only antlr. Any other suggestions?

With Best Regards, Andrey

0
javaman (4)

"Andrey Batyuck" <javaman@mail.ru> wrote
> Greetings.
>
> Do you know any compiler compiler that can give output in C++? I would like
> to implement run-time scripting system in my system, and i am looking for
> fully object-oriented compiler compiler.
>
> So far i found only antlr. Any other suggestions?

There used to be a product called YACC++ that processed LR(k) grammars (not
LALR(1)) and generated C++ code. I have no idea if the company that made it still
exists. It's something a web search engine or two can answer for you, if you're
interested.

Claudio Puviani

0
puviani (290)
5/11/2004 10:37:29 PM
"Andrey Batyuck" <javaman@mail.ru> wrote in message news:<40a08411$1@proxy>...
> Greetings.
>
> Do you know any compiler compiler that can give output in C++? I would like
> to implement run-time scripting system in my system, and i am looking for
> fully object-oriented compiler compiler.
>
> So far i found only antlr. Any other suggestions?
>
> With Best Regards, Andrey

Try antlr
Best regards
Todor
0
todor1973 (1)
5/12/2004 1:27:32 PM
Andrey Batyuck wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> Do you know any compiler compiler that can give output in C++? I would like
> to implement run-time scripting system in my system, and i am looking for
> fully object-oriented compiler compiler.
>
> So far i found only antlr. Any other suggestions?
>
> With Best Regards, Andrey

What you need is a scripting interface. Not a compiler compiler (what
ever that is). If you are working on a linux box, try QSA (A C++
scripting interface) which you can get from Trolltechs site.

If you aren't working on a linux box, you might be able to find a few
(that also works on linux box') on http://www.google.com (search for
'scripting c++').
0
hertzum (2)

program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ compiler
Hi, I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ compiler. Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru KBG <karthik.balaguru@lntinfotech.com> wrote: > I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ > compiler. No problem, just send $10 to paypal@zevv.nl and I'll do your homework for you. -- :wq ^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C KBG said: > Hi, > > I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ > compiler. Can you think of any syntactic differences between C and C++? For example, what about keywords? They are very, very sensitive to syntax. Worth thinking about. -- Richard Heathfield "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999 http://www.cpax.org.uk email: rjh at above domain (but drop the www, obviously) KBG wrote: > I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ > compiler. Have a look at: http://david.tribble.com/text/cdiffs.htm -- mail1dotstofanetdotdk KBG wrote: > Hi, > > I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ > compiler. > For sufficiently recent definitions of "C compiler, the following does the trick, but if this is a homework question it's probably not the answer you want. #include <stdio.h> int main(void) { char * restrict hi = "Hello, world\n"; printf("%s", hi); return 0; } Hi, Loooks interesting. Need to give these and the links a try this weekend :):) ...

Will C pgm compile on C++ compiler?
I had C programming in school years ago and would like to play with it again. When I go online I only seem to be able to find C++ compilers. I know that C++ is object oriented, whereas C is not. I can get a good price on Visual C++ 6.0. Is there a way to run native C programs on a C++ compiler? Thanks, Ken [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] "Ken Applequist" <apple07840@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<Sh%1d.4320$F75.1229@trndny01>... > I had C programming in school ...

compiling c code but libraries are compiled in c++
hi, We have written cunit code for testing some APIs. defination of those APIs are in c++ and .so library is created of them. when I compile my cunit code it gets compiled successfully but while liking it gives undefined reference to symbol. can anyone help me in this matter. Regards Sumit Shrivastava On 29 May 2007 04:11:14 -0700 sumit <sumit.shrivastava09@gmail.com> wrote: | We have written cunit code for testing some APIs. defination of | those APIs are in c++ and .so library is created of them. when I | compile my cunit code it gets compiled successf...

Re: Will C pgm compile on C++ compiler?
Ken Applequist wrote: > I had C programming in school years ago and would like to play with it > again. When I go online I only seem to be able to find C++ compilers. I know > that C++ is object oriented, whereas C is not. I can get a good price on > Visual C++ 6.0. Is there a way to run native C programs on a C++ compiler? Several authors implied that a C++ compiler can compile C programs. This is only correct with some restrictions. For example, you can obviously not use C++ keywords as identifiers. For example, the following is a legal C program but will fail using C++: in...

what are the benefits in using commercial compilers like intel, greenhill or portland compared to free c compiles like gcc, lcc, tcc, TenDRA, sun and others? geletine wrote: > what are the benefits in using commercial compilers like intel, > greenhill or portland compared to free c compiles like gcc, lcc, tcc, > TenDRA, sun and others? > <mostly non-topical> As we have no idea of your interests, potential benefits may not be meaningful in your projects. More than one of these commercial compilers is more efficient about vectorization, although gcc is closing the gap. <...

C++ to C compiler
Hi all. I've made a tool which compiles a C++-like language and produces good old C99 (with some gcc extensions in certain cases). Maybe it can get in the free-compilers list. It is interesting because by studing the -readable- generated C code you an understand how C++ features are implemented. It's also easy to add new features and extensions. The URL is: http://students.ceid.upatras.gr/~sxanth/lwc/index.html It is only known to work on a gcc/gnu-libc system and it is definitelly BETA. The parser is written entirely in C. I'm currently working on a builtin regular expression compiler which produces C code for compile-time regular expressions (faster than perl- more efficient than scanf in the simple ones). Stelios ...

C compiles, C++ Does Not
I recently installed DJGPP on my system. There was no problem during the install. However I can compile C programs without any problems but when I try to compile a C++ program I get a long list of error messages and the file will not compile. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be ? On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 03:35:45 GMT in comp.os.msdos.djgpp, charlesreed@eatel.net (Charles Reed) wrote: > I recently installed DJGPP on my system. There was no >problem during the install. However I can compile C programs without >any problems but when I try to compile a C++ program I get a long >list of error messages and the file will not compile. > Can anyone suggest what the problem might >be ? Did you download and install the C++ compiler and library zip files? -- Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis Calgary, Alberta, Canada Brian.Inglis@CSi.com (Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca) fake address use address above to reply charlesreed@eatel.net (Charles Reed) wrote: > I recently installed DJGPP on my system. There was no > problem during the install. However I can compile C programs without > any problems but when I try to compile a C++ program I get a long > list of error messages and the file will not compile. > Can anyone suggest what the problem might > be ? Since you didn't give us the program you tried to compile, nor the error messages you received, it's hard to say. But try this: Cut and paste the...

which c/c++ compiler?
Hi all, I'd like to know if Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 can be used for real-time applications. I'm a new user of Matlab and I'm trying to use Simulink and Real-Time Windows Target for acquiring data coming from an accelerometer. I've read in RTWT tutorial that is recommended the use of Microsoft Visual C/C++ or Watcom compiler..... Bye! Hi, Read the solution give at the following link, http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-1BRI9.html?solution=1-1BRI9 Bye! On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 12:32:21 GMT, Alessandra wrote: >Hi all, >I'd like to know if Microso...

g++ compiled C++ code called from gcc compiled C code
Hi all! In a C library compiled with gcc there is a pointer to a function defined and called from within the library. Now I'm using that library in a C++ project and I'd like to set this function pointer to a C++ function. Do I have to set the C++ function __attribute__((cdecl)) ? Are there any other things I have to worry about? See example code below. Thanks very much, Klaus Example Code: ----------------------------------------------------- *** lib.c (compiled with gcc and linked to a library): void (* logfunc)(int,char*,...); int getSomething(void) { ... logf...

C vs. C++ and C compiler optimization question
/* Consider the following C snippet: */ Foo *pFoo = NULL; void FooLength(Foo *pFoo); void FooHello(Foo **ppFoo); void FooWorld(Foo **ppFoo); void FooLength(Foo *pFoo) { int count = 0; for (Foo *p = pFoo; *p; p++) ++count; return count; } void FooHello(Foo **ppFoo) { int count = FooLength(*ppFoo); // ... } void FooWorld(Foo **ppFoo) { int count = FooLength(*ppFoo); // ... } // Consider the following C++ snippet: class FooHelloWorld { public: void FooHello(Foo **ppFoo) { iCount = FooLength(*ppFoo); // ... } void FooWorld(Foo **ppFoo) { // no need to recompute iCount // ... } private: void FooLength(Foo *pFoo) { int count = 0; for (Foo *p = pFoo; *p; p++) ++count; return count; } int iCount; Foo **ppFoo = NULL; }; ---------------------------------------------------------- We could have done the same in C by adding an extra global variable or function parameter. However, global variables tend to pollute, so in C we don't tend to keep too many of them, and too many function parameters can make a function too hard to understand. On the other hand in C++ we can place global variables inside classes so we can cache results easily without the need to pollute the global namespace or pass many arguments around. I wonder if the C compiler could notice that the same count value is being reused and automatically optimize by creating a global ...

Choosing a C\C++ Compiler
Hi all, There are two C/C++ compilers Microsoft Visual Studio NET.2003 and CodeWarrior Development tools for windows version 8.0 in my system. How can I select one of these compiler above to build stand-alone applications. Matlab version (6.5.1) Matlab compiler version (3.0.1) Thanks, T try this >>mex -setup Please choose your compiler for building external interface (MEX) files: Would you like mex to locate installed compilers [y]/n? n Select a compiler: [1] Borland C++Builder version 6.0 [2] Borland C++Builder version 5.0 [3] Borland C++Builder version 4.0 [4] Borland C++Builde...

Writing a C++ compiler in C++
Any projects out there which aim to write a real or experimental C++ compiler or interpreter using the C++ language itself? Adem schrieb: > Any projects out there which aim to write a real or experimental > C++ compiler or interpreter using the C++ language itself? Most C++ compilers are based on C, because it's hard enough to make C programs run on multiple platforms. Using C++ will increase that incompatibility again. AFAIK gcc will be compiled three times, until the compiler is usable on a different platform. The bootstrap process uses the C compiler of the platform for the fi...

matlab c/c++ compiler
Hi, I'm student and i'm working on wavelet foveation, my first version of m filles takes more than 4 hours to calculate results using 512*512 image, i tried to use matlab c ++ compiler in order to optimise time calculation (making full or partial stend alone application), problem : i had a lot of warnings and errors ! my question is about efficient manuals or books about making stand alone applications using matlab compiler (with visual interfaces if its posible, generating mex files under linux or dll's under windows). Thanks. Marie. On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 11:49:24 +0...

code that compiles in c but not in c++?
Hi,is there a code that can compile in c but not in c++ and does not use any c++ keywords as identifiers? I suspect using void* works in c but not in c++. Any suggestions? al.c...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi,is there a code that can compile in c but not in c++ and does not > use any c++ keywords as identifiers? Yes, there are plenty of examples, here is a simple one: int * iptr = malloc(10); /* Cast required in C++, frowned on in C */ C and C++ are two different languages and I wouldn't recommend trying to write code that works in both. However, if you need to know how to write C++ ...

Better C/C++ Than C/C++?
I am looking for a good systems programming language that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications for the language are: * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code binaries (for Windows) * open source - preferable, but not 100% necessary Thanks, Kevin "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> writes: > I am looking for a good systems programming language > that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications > for the language are: > > * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code > binaries (for Windows) Ocaml, D, cyclone, Eiffel, Beta > * open source - preferable, but not 100% necessary what's wrong with using C? Friedrich > what's wrong with using C? Too low level, no built-in garbage collection. -- Kevin "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> writes: >> what's wrong with using C? > > Too low level, Well the Smalltalk people say, have a small language and a big library. I assume C's library status beyond that of Smalltalk. > no built-in garbage collection. Use the Boehm Weisser GC. Friedrich "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> wrote in message news:<2TiYb.237892$rj7.1641209@twister.tampabay.rr.com>... > I am looking for a good systems programming language > that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications > for the language are: > > * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code > binaries (for Windows) > ...

How to compile C++ program with templates to pure C or C++ program without templates?
Hi, I heard that debug some C++ templates is very difficult. I'm wondering whether it is possible to compile C++ program with templates to pure C or C++ program without templates? Best wishes, Peng In article <1129128623.514540.179850@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, PengYu.UT@gmail.com <PengYu.UT@gmail.com> wrote: >I heard that debug some C++ templates is very difficult. I'm wondering >whether it is possible to compile C++ program with templates to pure C >or C++ program without templates? The point of using templates is to not do that, since, that's also d...

Compile C Code With A CPP Compiler?
Hey all, I'm working with some legacy C code and I would like to compile it as a CPP file. I get the following error message: driver.cpp:87: cannot convert `void *' to `GenericStruct *' in assignment Reading through the web I've come across vague references to the 'void' issue between C and C++, I don't know C++ well and would appreciate any pointers or references which might help me out. Thanks! entropy email_entropy123@yahoo.com (entropy123) wrote in news:90cdce37.0309301057.25d7506f@posting.google.com: > I'm working with some legacy C code and I w...

which C Compiler is compatible with MATLAB Compiler?
I am quite comfortable with Borland Turbo C++. Can I use this compiler with MATLAB Compiler? What steps do I have to take to make sure they work together? Is there no other option other than Visual Studio? "Vivian Harvey" <viv_harv@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:fca5cm$6q4$1@fred.mathworks.com... >I am quite comfortable with Borland Turbo C++. Can I use > this compiler with MATLAB Compiler? What steps do I have to > take to make sure they work together? Is there no other > option other than Visual Studio? This document lists the compilers that are supported ...

How to compile emacs with intel c++ compiler?
Does somebody kow how to do it ?Thank you. ...

Does C implement the first C compiler itself?
K&R says the following in the preface to the first edition, "... the C compiler, and ... are written in C." I'm wondering, does it say even the first / original C compiler was written in C? lovecreatesbea...@gmail.com wrote: > K&R says the following in the preface to the first edition, > > "... the C compiler, and ... are written in C." > > I'm wondering, does it say even the first / original C compiler was > written in C? Put some deductive reasoning/logic into it. Christopher Layne wrote: >lovecreatesbea...@gmail.com wrote: &...

Compiling IDL code with a C compiler
Hi everyone, I'm interested in writing an IDL-to-C compiler, for optimization purposes. To be clear about what I'm talking about, here's what some sample IDL code would look like: ;#COMPILE gcc -O1 function EvaluateEnergy, field, area ; Type Declarations ;#field = fltarr(101, 101) ;#area = fltarr(101, 101) ;#sum = float(0.) sum = 0 for x=0, 100 do begin for y=0, 100 do begin sum = sum + field[x,y] ^ 2 * area[x, y] endfor endfor return, sum end My IDL-to-C (pre)compiler would parse the IDL pro files, looking for functions preceded by a ;#COMPILE (aka ~preprocessor di...

Compiler problem....unique to C or compiler???
I am working on 5.11 ( once again). So, just stepping through code in the debugger, and get this...and cannot proceed. Have posted to the Xcode forum, but my guess is the real gurus are here in C!! Not sure if this is a strict "C" issue, but I am sure you will let me know !! :-) The code is simply this, with 2 command line arguments: #include <stdio.h> int astrcomp(const char *, const char *); int main (int argc, const char * argv[]) { int i; i = astrcomp(argv[1], argv[2]); if ( i == 0) printf(" \"%s\" equals \"%s\" ", argv[1], argv[2...

any free ARM C/C++ compilers
Hi - are there any free C/C++ compilers out there? Thanks! -Michael Noone "Michael Noone" <mnoone.uiuc.edu@127.0.0.1> skrev i meddelandet news:Xns95ECB135C6849mnooneuiucedu127001@216.148.227.77... > Hi - are there any free C/C++ compilers out there? Thanks! > > -Michael Noone GNU CC obviously, and the IAR kickstart is free up to 32 kB. -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com This message is intended to be my own personal view and it may or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 23:25:18 GMT, Michael Noone <mnoone.uiuc....

Embarcadero C/C++ Compiler available
Hi: If you would like to test/try out the new 'Borland' C/C++ Compiler (from Embarcadero) BCC 6.6.0, there is a link below. This console-only compiler was extracted from the C++ Builder package XE4 http://www.mediafire.com/?655px1guh9z5isy -- Mel Smith "Mel Smith" <med_cutout_syntel@aol.com> writes: > If you would like to test/try out the new 'Borland' C/C++ Compiler > (from Embarcadero) BCC 6.6.0, there is a link below. > > This console-only compiler was extracted from the C++ Builder package > XE4 > > http://www.mediafire.com/?[DELETED] Embarcadero offers a free 30-day trial of C++ Builder, which appears not to be free software. I believe the above link is a copyright violation. And I see no mention of C on their web page (perhaps I just didn't find it), so it's not even clear this is topical. -- Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst-u@mib.org <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst> Working, but not speaking, for JetHead Development, Inc. "We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this." -- Antony Jay and Jonathan Lynn, "Yes Minister" Keith said: > Embarcadero offers a free 30-day trial of C++ Builder, which appears not > to be free software. I believe the above link is a copyright violation. BullPucky ! Embarcadero is aware of this, and encourages it. > > And I see no mention of C...

Web resources about - Compiler compiler with C++ as output - comp.lang.c++

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , or external linking . The most common reason for wanting to transform source code is to create an executable program. The name "compiler" ...

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Compile" and "compiling" redirect here. For the software company, see Compile (publisher) . For other uses, see Compilation . This article has ...

Facebook Open-Sources HipHop PHP Compiler Software
Earlier this morning, Facebook officially made their new PHP “compiler,” called HipHop, available as open source software. In the blog post by ...

Mobile C ( Offline Compiler ) on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Mobile C ( Offline Compiler ). Download Mobile C ( Offline Compiler ...

Art in the Age of Matter Compilers
jurvetson posted a photo: Sheba may be the harbinger of art in the digital age — a mathematical sculptor with digital matter. She manipulates ...

Interpreters and Compilers (Bits and Bytes, Episode 6) - YouTube
This animation explains the difference between interpreters and compilers. It is from Episode 6 of the classic 1983 television series, Bits and ...

Typesafe cofounder forking Scala compiler
The main contributor to the Scala compiler, Paul Phillips, has announced on GitHub that he is forking the compiler to “fix some of the innumerable ...

Does Apple's new developer agreement ban Adobe's Flash-to-iPhone compiler?
Given that any kind of formal truce between Apple and Adobe was essentially blown out of the water by Steve Job's very public slating of Flash ...

Xcode 5.0 released with iOS 7 SDK, 64-bit app compiler
... has just pushed out Xcode 5.0 to the Mac App Store. The free app includes the SDKs for iOS 7 and Mountain Lion as well as the 64-bit app compiler: ...

NVIDIA and Continuum Analytics Announce NumbaPro, A Python CUDA Compiler
... are announcing that they are bringing Python support to CUDA. Specifically, Continuum Analytics’ will be introducing a new Python CUDA compiler, ...