Exception handling in Visual C++ 2003

I'm using VC++ 2003. My code throws lots of exceptions but the
debugger's handling of these makes the program (and hence debugging
process) unusably slow; this was not the case in VC++ 6.

So my questions are:

1) is it possible to disable the exception interception mechanism so
that the debugger is usable (note that the exception handling to
continue with the Exceptions dialogue does not do this)

2) has this problem been fixed in 2005 so that the debugger is usable
with code that throws lots of exceptions

TIA

Simon Geard

0
simon9085 (164)

* simon@whiteowl.co.uk:
> I'm using VC++ 2003. My code throws lots of exceptions but the
> debugger's handling of these makes the program (and hence debugging
> process) unusably slow; this was not the case in VC++ 6.
>
> So my questions are:
>
> 1) is it possible to disable the exception interception mechanism so
> that the debugger is usable (note that the exception handling to
> continue with the Exceptions dialogue does not do this)
>
> 2) has this problem been fixed in 2005 so that the debugger is usable
> with code that throws lots of exceptions

How to use a particular debugger is OFF TOPIC in this group.

Please post to a group or forum that's dedicated to your tools.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?