Fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file 'afxsock.h': No such file or directory

Hi there,

I am porting my windows project from my desktop and my laptop. At my
desktop, I can compile and run my project/application without any
problem, while at my laptop, I got the following compilation error:

Fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file 'afxsock.h': No such file or
directory

Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition is used for both cases. The two
computers have virtually the same settings:
My desktop runs Windows Vista Home Premium (2007), SP2
My laptop  runs Windows Vista Ultimate (2007), SP2

Any idea for the fatal error?

Thank you!

Johnson

On 08/31/10 10:28 AM, Johnson wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am porting my windows project from my desktop and my laptop. At my
> desktop, I can compile and run my project/application without any
> problem, while at my laptop, I got the following compilation error:
>
> Fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file 'afxsock.h': No such file or
> directory

As you have been reminded several times before, this is a C++ language
group, not a tool one.

Try one of the microsoft.public.* groups.

--
Ian Collins
0
> Hi there,
>
> I am porting my windows project from my desktop and my laptop. At my
> desktop, I can compile and run my project/application without any
> problem, while at my laptop, I got the following compilation error:
>
> Fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file 'afxsock.h': No such file or
> directory
>
> Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition is used for both cases. The two
> computers have virtually the same settings:
> My desktop runs Windows Vista Home Premium (2007), SP2
> My laptop runs Windows Vista Ultimate (2007), SP2
>
> Any idea for the fatal error?
>
> Thank you!
>
> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net ---

As the compiler tells you, you do not have afxsock.h. In my installation
of visual c++ it is in

\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include

You should copy the missing files and libraries from your desktop
into your laptop.

0
jacob
8/30/2010 11:04:00 PM
jacob navia wrote:
> Le 31/08/10 00:28, Johnson a �crit :
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I am porting my windows project from my desktop and my laptop. At
>> my desktop, I can compile and run my project/application without
>> any problem, while at my laptop, I got the following compilation
>> error: Fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file 'afxsock.h': No
>> such
>> file or directory
>>
>> Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition is used for both cases. The two
>> computers have virtually the same settings:
>> My desktop runs Windows Vista Home Premium (2007), SP2
>> My laptop runs Windows Vista Ultimate (2007), SP2
>>
>> Any idea for the fatal error?
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net
>> ---
>
> As the compiler tells you, you do not have afxsock.h. In my
> installation of visual c++ it is in
>
> \Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include
>
> You should copy the missing files and libraries from your desktop
> into your laptop.

Or, for the Express Edition which doesn't come with ATL or MFC,
install the Windows Platform SDK.

Bo Persson

0
Bo
8/31/2010 4:19:44 PM
Le 31/08/10 18:19, Bo Persson a �crit :
> jacob navia wrote:
>> Le 31/08/10 00:28, Johnson a �crit :
>> You should copy the missing files and libraries from your desktop
>> into your laptop.
>
> Or, for the Express Edition which doesn't come with ATL or MFC,
> install the Windows Platform SDK.
>

> Bo Persson

Sure, that is a far better option.
:-)