How To Accessing C++ Class objects in C : getting error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!"

hi ,
i am Getting this Error
fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!"
my Problem is i am Having C++ librabry and Appropriate .h file
i want to Access Them is .c File Files.....
to Be More Specific i am Creating a C++ Object in a C file...
this Giving me the error!!! :(

can Any Body Please Help me

How to Access the C++ object in C file...
Thanks In Advance :)

> How to Access the C++ object in C file...

Please have a look at the following page

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/mixing-c-and-cpp.html

Regards
On Jan 7, 11:17=A0am, "sachinv1...@gmail.com" <sachinv1...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> hi ,
> i am Getting this Error
> fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!"
> my Problem is i am Having C++ librabry and Appropriate .h file
> i want to Access Them is .c File Files.....
> to Be More Specific i am Creating a C++ Object in a C file...
> this Giving me the error!!! :(
>
> can Any Body Please Help me
>
> How to Access the C++ object in C file...
> Thanks In Advance :)

In general, you can't.
You can provide a procedural interface instead,
and declare it in a header file like this:

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif
void some_function(int, char*, double); // or whatever
#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif

This can then be included from both C and C++.
On Jan 7, 4:32=A0pm, tragomaskhalos <dave.du.verg...@logicacmg.com>
wrote:
> On Jan 7, 11:17=A0am, "sachinv1...@gmail.com" <sachinv1...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > hi ,
> > i am Getting this Error
> > fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!"
> > my Problem is i am Having C++ librabry and Appropriate .h file
> > i want to Access Them is .c File Files.....
> > to Be More Specific i am Creating a C++ Object in a C file...
> > this Giving me the error!!! :(
>
> > can Any Body Please Help me
>
> > How to Access the C++ object in C file...
> > Thanks In Advance :)
>
> In general, you can't.
> You can provide a procedural interface instead,
> and declare it in a header file like this:
>
> #ifdef __cplusplus
> extern "C" {
> #endif
> void some_function(int, char*, double); // or whatever
> #ifdef __cplusplus}
>
> #endif
>
> This can then be included from both C and C++.

Ya i can Do that But There are Many Class and there are many
Functions....so Writting the Wrapper For Each is Not Possible..
so is there any Alternative method or any Buit-in COde Genarator S/w
that can Do this Task!!
Thanks For the Reply :)! waiting ahead For Reply!!
On Jan 7, 11:41=A0am, "sachinv1...@gmail.com" <sachinv1...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ya i can Do that But There are Many Class and there are many
> Functions....so Writting the Wrapper For Each is Not Possible..
> so is there any Alternative method or any Buit-in COde Genarator S/w
> that can Do this Task!!
> Thanks For the Reply :)! waiting ahead For Reply!!- Hide quoted text -

If this is the case why on earth are you trying to do this from C?
Rename your .c files to .cpp and compile them as C++, why don't you?

On Jan 7, 4:49=A0pm, tragomaskhalos <dave.du.verg...@logicacmg.com>
wrote:
> On Jan 7, 11:41=A0am, "sachinv1...@gmail.com" <sachinv1...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Ya i can Do that But There are Many Class and there are many
> > Functions....so Writting the Wrapper For Each is Not Possible..
> > so is there any Alternative method or any Buit-in COde Genarator S/w
> > that can Do this Task!!
> > Thanks For the Reply :)! waiting ahead For Reply!!- Hide quoted text -
>
> If this is the case why on earth are you trying to do this from C?
> Rename your .c files to .cpp and compile them as C++, why don't you?

Thanks For Reply i MIght have Done that Problem i am Doing Something
in PreDefined Frame-Work Which is Written in C and i got a Third Party
Library which is in C++ ,i am Not Getting HOw to Hormonize these
two ... [:( ]
since i cannt Change the Framework as well i cannt do anythig in Third
Party Lib.......
On Jan 7, 11:54=A0am, "sachinv1...@gmail.com" <sachinv1...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Jan 7, 4:49=A0pm, tragomaskhalos <dave.du.verg...@logicacmg.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 7, 11:41=A0am, "sachinv1...@gmail.com" <sachinv1...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > > Ya i can Do that But There are Many Class and there are many
> > > Functions....so Writting the Wrapper For Each is Not Possible..
> > > so is there any Alternative method or any Buit-in COde Genarator S/w
> > > that can Do this Task!!
> > > Thanks For the Reply :)! waiting ahead For Reply!!- Hide quoted text -=

> > If this is the case why on earth are you trying to do this from C?
> > Rename your .c files to .cpp and compile them as C++, why don't you?
>
> Thanks For Reply i MIght have Done that Problem i am Doing Something
> in PreDefined Frame-Work Which is Written in C and i got a Third Party
> Library which is in C++ ,i am Not Getting HOw to Hormonize these
> two ... [:( ]
> since i cannt Change the Framework as well i cannt do anythig in Third
> Party Lib.......

In that case you will have to isolate the code that accesses the 3rd
party library into a C++ module and provide a procedural interface
to that module that's callable from C using the technique I described
before.
On Jan 7, 5:14=A0pm, tragomaskhalos <dave.du.verg...@logicacmg.com>
wrote:
> On Jan 7, 11:54=A0am, "sachinv1...@gmail.com" <sachinv1...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 7, 4:49=A0pm, tragomaskhalos <dave.du.verg...@logicacmg.com>
> > wrote:

> > > If this is the case why on earth are you trying to do this from C?
> > > Rename your .c files to .cpp and compile them as C++, why don't you?
>
> > Thanks For Reply i MIght have Done that Problem i am Doing Something
> > in PreDefined Frame-Work Which is Written in C and i got a Third Party
> > Library which is in C++ ,i am Not Getting HOw to Hormonize these
> > two ... [:( ]
> > since i cannt Change the Framework as well i cannt do anythig in Third
> > Party Lib.......
>
> In that case you will have to isolate the code that accesses the 3rd
> party library into a C++ module and provide a procedural interface
> to that module that's callable from C using the technique I described
> before.- Hide quoted text -

ya I think this ll be Better Option For ME
Thank you :)
On Jan 7, 1:54 pm, "sachinv1...@gmail.com" <sachinv1...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Thanks For Reply i MIght have Done that Problem i am Doing Something
> in PreDefined Frame-Work Which is Written in C and i got a Third Party
> Library which is in C++ ,i am Not Getting HOw to Hormonize these
> two ... [:( ]
> since i cannt Change the Framework as well i cannt do anythig in Third
> Party Lib.......

I don't think I'm such a weirdo, but this seriously hurts my eyes.
Please post in standard English, which is also a quite an efficient
way to get you more helpful responses :)
On Jan 7, 12:17 pm, "sachinv1...@gmail.com" <sachinv1...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> i am Getting this Error
> fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!"

I'm not familiar with the compiler you are using (or maybe I
am---I don't know what compiler you are using), but the text of
the error message seems very, very clear.  The author of this
file, for whatever reasons, did *not* want his header processed
by a C compiler.  Which probably means that you'll have to
either give up using the library, or wrap it in an additional C
layer which can be called from C++.

Note that the error message says "#error".  That sounds like the
compiler has encountered an #error preprocessor directive.
Perhaps something like:

    #ifndef __cplusplus
    #error eh.h is only for C++
    #endif

You could always try to invoke the C compiler with something
like -D__cplusplus or /D__cplusplus, but this is undefined
behavior, and of course, if the original author didn't want the
file compiled with a C compiler, there is probably a reason.

> my Problem is i am Having C++ librabry and Appropriate .h file
> i want to Access Them is .c File Files.....

You can't.

> to Be More Specific i am Creating a C++ Object in a C file...
> this Giving me the error!!! :(

You can't.

> can Any Body Please Help me

> How to Access the C++ object in C file...

If you compile with C, there is no way that you're be able to
instantiate a C++ class that is not a POD.  If you compile with
C, there's no way you can do anything not allowed in C.  (Also,
if you compile with C, this forum really isn't the appropriate
place to post your question.  comp.lang.c would be more
appropriate, but I can just imagine the response you'll get
there.)

--
James Kanze (GABI Software)            mailto:james.kanze@gmail.com
Conseils en informatique orient=EF=BF=BDe objet/
wrote:
> On Jan 7, 11:54 am, "sachinv1...@gmail.com" <sachinv1...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 7, 4:49 pm, tragomaskhalos <dave.du.verg...@logicacmg.com>
> > wrote:

> > > If this is the case why on earth are you trying to do this from C?
> > > Rename your .c files to .cpp and compile them as C++, why don't you?
>
> > Thanks For Reply i MIght have Done that Problem i am Doing Something
> > in PreDefined Frame-Work Which is Written in C and i got a Third Party
> > Library which is in C++ ,i am Not Getting HOw to Hormonize these
> > two ... [:( ]
> > since i cannt Change the Framework as well i cannt do anythig in Third
> > Party Lib.......
>
> In that case you will have to isolate the code that accesses the 3rd
> party library into a C++ module and provide a procedural interface
> to that module that's callable from C using the technique I described
> before.

hello there i got this Problem Solved (i written a wrapper above the c+
+ lib)
now its Compling and linking correctly! But again i encountered new
problem
Actually i made this C project as a  ACM driver / Dll File now when i
try to load the DLL/ACM  its not not loding flaging the error no
998(invalid access of Memory...)
if any one know please help me

[Urgent]: How To Accessing C++ Class objects in C : getting error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!"
hi , i am Getting this Error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!" my Problem is i am Having C++ librabry and Appropriate .h file i want to Access Them is .c File Files..... to Be More Specific i am Creating a C++ Object in a C file... this Giving me the error!!! :( can Any Body Please Help me How to Access the C++ object in C file... Thanks In Advance :) "sachinv1821@gmail.com" <sachinv1821@gmail.com> writes: > How to Access the C++ object in C file... > Thanks In Advance :) You'd be better off asking in comp.lang.c++. I know this sounds...

Is C# really "better" than C++ or C++0x? How about objective-C?
Microsoft thinks C++ is obsolete and C# is "the future". Apple thinks the same for Objective-C. IMO this is all nonsense. What do you think about this? How "better" really they are? And what about C++0x? On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:58:37 +0200, "A" <a@a.a> wrote: >Microsoft thinks C++ is obsolete and C# is "the future". Apple thinks the >same for Objective-C. > >IMO this is all nonsense. I agree. > >What do you think about this? How "better" really they are? And what about >C++0x? > Companies like Microsoft ...

What does "Standard C", "K&R C" , "ANSI C" mean?
I am just wondering what the following terms usually mean: 1) "Standard C" 2) "K&R C" 3) "ANSI C" I am pretty sure "ANSI C" usually refers to the C89 standard, but what about the other two? What is the "saying" for C99 standard? Thank you On 17 Jan 2005 21:26:42 -0800, "Luke Wu" <LookSkywalker@gmail.com> wrote in comp.lang.c: > I am just wondering what the following terms usually mean: > > 1) "Standard C" The current version of the C language standard. This is now known as "ISO/IEC 9899:19...

Call Windows API from C S-function,get error" error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ..."
Hello,everyone: I write a C S-Function , like the example "timestwo.c", named timestwo1.c "MEX timestwo1.c " and use it in simulink(Tools-->Real-Time Workshop->Build) ,It's running. But, when I add some codes in timestwo1.c, call Windows API,like this: timestwo1.c ... #include <windows.h> #pragma comment(lib, "ws2_32.lib") ... WSAStartup(MAKEWORD(2,2), &wsaData) .... mex timestwo1.c It is ok。 When I use the S-function in simulink(Tools-->Real-Time Workshop- >Build), get l...

ascii ?c "c"[0] "c".ord.chr question
I was curious why the prefix ? for ascii code was removed in 1.9.x? ~ On Dec 3, 2010, at 12:39 , Stu wrote: > I was curious why the prefix ? for ascii code was removed in 1.9.x? It wasn't removed, it just changed what it returns to work with = multibyte chars: > multiruby -e 'p ?c' >=20 > VERSION =3D 1.8.6-p399 > CMD =3D ~/.multiruby/install/1.8.6-p399/bin/ruby -e p ?c >=20 > 99 >=20 > RESULT =3D 0 >=20 > VERSION =3D 1.8.7-p302 > CMD =3D ~/.multiruby/install/1.8.7-p302/bin/ruby -e p ?c >=20 > 99 >=...

GD.c: 533: error: syntax error before "void"
Trying to build the GD module. Any clues appreciated. I've rebuilt prerequisite libs. I've added local -I -R params to Makefile.PL and to gcc command line. I've removed random params from gcc command line. :-) The error messages remain exactly the same. I have not tried Sun C, I'd have to recompile a lot of stuff. I have not tried a more recent version of Perl, the owner of the box would nix installing that, though maybe I can pirate cycles on someone else's box. Build step and output: gcc \ -c \ -I/usr/ucc/src/working/gd-2.0.33/Dist/include \ -I/usr/local...

Better C/C++ Than C/C++?
I am looking for a good systems programming language that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications for the language are: * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code binaries (for Windows) * open source - preferable, but not 100% necessary Thanks, Kevin "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> writes: > I am looking for a good systems programming language > that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications > for the language are: > > * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code > binaries (for Windows) Ocaml, D, cyclone, Eiffel, Beta > * open source - preferable, but not 100% necessary what's wrong with using C? Friedrich > what's wrong with using C? Too low level, no built-in garbage collection. -- Kevin "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> writes: >> what's wrong with using C? > > Too low level, Well the Smalltalk people say, have a small language and a big library. I assume C's library status beyond that of Smalltalk. > no built-in garbage collection. Use the Boehm Weisser GC. Friedrich "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> wrote in message news:<2TiYb.237892$rj7.1641209@twister.tampabay.rr.com>... > I am looking for a good systems programming language > that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications > for the language are: > > * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code > binaries (for Windows) > ...

error by compiling an c-sfunction: simulink.c errors
hi! i looked around in this forum but it look's like i'm the only one with this problem. ok, i would like to mex a c-code s-function but it doesn't work. i used the "sfuntmpl_basic.c" skeleton for my programm and there is no error anymore (i think so) :-). the error message is the following: Error csfunctionSystem.c: C:\Programme\MATLAB7\simulink\include\simulink.c: 198 syntax error; found `(' expecting `)' Error csfunctionSystem.c: C:\Programme\MATLAB7\simulink\include\simulink.c: 198 skipping `(' `(' Error csfunctionSystem.c: C:\Programme\MATLAB7\simulink\include\simulink.c: 198 syntax error; found `const' expecting `)' Error csfunctionSystem.c: C:\Programme\MATLAB7\simulink\include\simulink.c: 198 redeclaration of `_ssSetInputPortMatrixDimensions' previously declared at C:\Programme\MATLAB7\simulink\include\simstruc.h 6310 Error csfunctionSystem.c: C:\Programme\MATLAB7\simulink\include\simulink.c: 198 syntax error; found `const' expecting `{' Error csfunctionSystem.c: C:\Programme\MATLAB7\simulink\include\simulink.c: 198 missing identifier Error csfunctionSystem.c: C:\Programme\MATLAB7\simulink\include\simulink.c: 198 syntax error; found `)' expecting `;' Error csfunctionSystem.c: C:\Programme\MATLAB7\simulink\include\simulink.c: 198 skipping `)' Warning csfunctionSystem.c: C:\Programme\MATLAB7\simulink\include\simulink.c: 198 Statement has no effect Error csfunctionSystem.c: C:\Prog...

jython and C-c C-c
How do I get C-c C-c to work with jython? I have the jpython command set to jython, and I can start the interpreter with C-C ! and then use C-c C-c, but this is rather frustrating. If I try to use C-c C-c without first starting the interpreter in another window I get wrong type argument: sequencep, jpython Thanks, Dave Cook ...

Linking QuickBasic and C objects, getting "symbol defined more than once" errors
Hello all, I am having problems getting my Microsoft C v6.00 module to link correctly with my QuickBasic v4.5 module. I am getting "error L2025: xxxx : symbol defined more than once" errors where xxxx is the symbol in question. I am hoping that someone might be able to determine if there is a switch or a certain method in linking the files together so it doesn't produce the errors. In the end a exe file is created and seems to run, but since I am getting link errors I am afraid to release any code in this state. Perhaps this is the norm, but I wanted to check wit...

"Permission Denied" Status Codes for C-STORE, C-GET and C-MOVE?
I am just implementing role-based access control on Study level to an OSS archive (dcm4chee), utilizing DICOM User Identity Negotiation: only a user with roles with "query"(1), "read"(2), "export"(3) or "append"(4) permission for a particular study should be able (1) to query attributes of the study and of its sub-entities, (2) to get or acting as move destination for instances related to the study, (3) to move instances related to the study to a different move destination, or (4) to store additional instances to an existing study. For query, on...

["a", "b", "c", "d"] to "a, b, c, d"?
I want to process each element of an array, but the last element should be handled special. Here is an example: def p_ary(ary) str = "" ary.each do |elem| str << elem << ", " end str.chomp!(", ") str end so p_ary(["a", "f", "x", "test"]) produces "a, f, x, test". The code works, but isn't there an easier and more general way for this behaviour? martinus On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 04:23:22 -0700, Martin wrote: > I want to process each element of an array, but the last ele...

chkdsk c: /f gives "An unspecified error occurred" error message
This is probably an XP issue, but can anyone help me getting "An unspecified error occurred"? After running 'chkdsk c: /f' from the command prompt, I get the prompt to run at startup which I say yes to. After startup, I get the 10 second countdown, and then immediately the message: "An unspecified error occurred." and then chkdsk terminates and xp pr sp2 loads. Is there any way to find out WHAT the error is? It happens on both c: and d: (paging file) drive. I can run chkdsk c: /p from the recovery console to do full scan for bad sectors, and bot...

How do I exclude "CTRL+C" from "dbstop if error"?
Hello, I am using extensively the "dbstop if error" option to allow me to debug in case of unexpected error (aren't they all...?). However, I don't want to go into debug mode when I break execution using "CTRL+C". I don't want to go into debug mode in this case. Can that be done? can I exclude a specific error ("Operation terminated by user during...") from the "dbstop if error" mode? Thanks, Ran "Ran" wrote in message <ju8gqk$ncn$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hello, > > I am using extensively the &qu...

Error in get_Prefix (line 4) maskTmp = zeros(1,4); Output argument "prefix" (and maybe others) not assigned during call to "C:\Users\Suraj\Desktop\subfolder\get_Prefix.m>get_Prefix". Error in pr
function [prefix] = get_Prefix(inputIP,mask) maskTmp = zeros(1,4); for i=1:4 if mask >= 8 maskTmp(i) = 255; mask = mask-8; elseif mask ==0 maskTmp(i) = 0; else tmp=zeros(1,8); tmp(1:mask)=1; maskTmp(i) = sum(tmp.*2.^(numel(tmp)-1:-1:0)); mask=0; end end mask=maskTmp; numIP= convert_IP(inputIP); if numIP ~=-1 prefix = bitand(numIP,mask); prefix = convert_IP(prefix); end end ...

Why display error message that is "pthdb_session.c, 794: 53 PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error)" ??
Found core file in Pro*C program on AIX 5.2.0.0. The Core file contents is as follows pthdb_session.c, 794: 53 PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error) pthreaded.c, 1800: PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error) Illegal instruction (illegal opcode) in . at 0x0 warning: Unable to access address 0x0 from core (dbx) where pthdb_session.c, 794: 53 PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error) pthreaded.c, 1800: PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error) warning: Unable to access address 0xfffffffffffffffc from core warning: Unable to access address 0xfffffffffffffffc from core warning: Unable to access address 0xfffffffffffffffc from cor...

new URL("c:/dir/file") OR new URL("c:\dir\file") OR new URL("file://c:/dir/file")
new URL("c:/dir/file") OR new URL("c:\dir\file") OR new URL("file://c:/dir/file") What is the correct syntax ? Is it the same as a new File ?FileDialog send: "c:\Program Files\dir\file". I have the feeling that different classes (File, URL, URl) have the different syntax. Please say a), b) or c) and answer me does it is same for all java classes which ask for a file path? FreeStyler =E3=81=AE=E3=83=A1=E3=83=83=E3=82=BB=E3=83=BC=E3=82=B8: > new URL("c:/dir/file") OR new URL("c:\dir\file") OR new > URL("file://c:/dir/fil...

What is the difference between "Borland C++" and "Turbo C++"?

"exceptional c++", "c++ template programming"
Hello, I am looking for an example of a constructor, I think, which took the type itself for integral or floating types, and a const-ref for a user-defined non primitive type. I saw this in one of these books but I can't find it now: "Exceptional C++" "Exceptional C++ Style" "C++ template programming MPL" if anyone remembers this passage for these books? I found it. It was the MPL book, right before 4.1.2 "Hicham Mouline" <hicham@mouline.org> wrote in message news:49228a87$0$90275$14726298@news.sunsite.dk... > Hello, > I am loo...

compile error in C++, not C
The following program compiles just fine in C, but not in C++. Can anyone explain why? I have a chunk of code that defines stuff like this in headers (without the extern) that I can not easily change. The C compiler recognizes the first foo and second foo as the same. The C++ compiler not so much. Is there a way to get this to compile in C++ without changing all the headers? int foo; int foo=1; int main(void) { return foo; } On Aug 23, 2:44 am, Tim H <thoc...@gmail.com> wrote: > The following program compiles just fine in C, but not in C++. Can > anyone explain why...

extern "c" from c++ header files referenced in c files
Hi, I have a mixed c/c++ program, where there are a few .c files where I want to hook to .h files of .cpp files. For example, I have application.c which references an .h file for a ..cpp file (pingpong.h and pingpong.cpp) I've tried to declare c++ style features in my pingpong.h file but it seems that the pingpong.h file keeps on being read as a "C" file. in application.c #include "pingpong.h" in pingpong.h extern "C" { #include <iostream> using namespace std; typedef struct struct_app_pingping { int connectionId; etc.. .... } /*end of extern ...

compile error re: Open Office 1.1.2 -> com_sun_star_lib_connections_pipe_PipeConnection.c: 558 syntax error before "void"
Anyone solved this ? Thank you, Courtney ...

Corectly convert from %PATH%=c:\\X;"c:\\a;b" TO ['c:\\X', 'c:\\a;b']
Hi, I am trying to treat an environment variable as a python list - and I'm sure there must be a standard and simple way to do so. I know that the interpreter itself must use it (to process $PATH / %PATH%, etc) but I am not able to find a simple function to do so. os.environ['PATH'].split(os.sep) is wrong on Windows for the case when PATH="c:\\A;B";c:\\D; where there is a ';' embedded in the quoted path. Does anyone know of a simple way (addons ok) which would do it in a cross platform way? If not - I will roll my own. My search has shown that generally people ...

c and C++ "same differences"
Hi, This is a serious question brought about by a conversation I have recently with an academic teaching "c" to undergraduates. The lecturer said that they taught C and wanted asked about a reverse engineering tool I have. He then said it was no good if it did not do C++. I ask why if he was teaching C..... The reply frightened me. It was: "We teach C but as scanf and prinf are too difficult for undergraduates we use cin and Cout instead" When I said that C and C++ are not the same language he told me that "C is a subset of C++". He would not believ...

Web resources about - How To Accessing C++ Class objects in C : getting error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!" - comp.lang.c++