Just getting started in C++, C+

Thanks in advance to all of you,
Your recommendations:
What kind of instruction and software are needed to learn and do useful
programming using C+, C++ ?
I would like to access and use the windows graphics environment.
SRabin,

0
s7rabin (1)

> What kind of instruction and software are needed to learn and do useful
> programming using C+, C++ ?

There is nothing like C+.
A good tutorial: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

> I would like to access and use the windows graphics environment.

Free: DevC++ (core c++, that black command line window) + WxWidgets
(for graphical user interfaces)

Commercial: Microsoft Visual Studio version 6.0 or higher (not
available from microsoft, try ebay). Considering that you are a
beginner, Version 6.0 (alongwith latest service pack, freely
downloadable from microsoft website) is ok though advanced users prefer
Visual Studio 2005.

Hope that helps!

Divya Rathore
(remove all underscores for email ID)
http://www.adislindia.com

"divya_rathore_@gmail.com" <divyarathore@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> What kind of instruction and software are needed to learn and do
>> useful programming using C+, C++ ?
>
> Commercial: Microsoft Visual Studio version 6.0 or higher (not
> available from microsoft, try ebay). Considering that you are a
> beginner, Version 6.0 (alongwith latest service pack, freely
> downloadable from microsoft website) is ok though advanced users
> prefer Visual Studio 2005.

Free version of Microsoft's latest compiler with IDE here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/

To the OP. You will need to learn command line programming before you do
graphics. When ready for graphics, download the Platform SDK. A link to
instructions for doing so is given in the Getting Started window when you
open up the program.

--
John Carson

divya_rathore_@gmail.com wrote:
>> I would like to access and use the windows graphics environment.
>
> Free: DevC++
>
> Commercial: Microsoft Visual Studio version 6.0 or higher

Free: Microsoft Visual C++ Express - download
it from Microsoft.

--
<\___/>
/ O O \

We�re judging how a candidate will handle a nuclear
crisis by how well his staff creates campaign ads.
It�s a completely nonsensical process.
0
umailMY (40)