Merry Festivus

Hi,

Merry festivus.  I hope everyone has an enjoyable winterval.  Sausages.

/Flibble
0
Mr

Mr Flibble <flibbleREMOVETHISBIT@i42.co.uk> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Merry festivus.  I hope everyone has an enjoyable winterval.  Sausages.

First - the airing of grievances.

I gotta lot of problems with you people.
0
Gareth
12/23/2016 8:57:19 PM
Merry Christmas, Leigh.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
0
Rick
12/23/2016 9:04:36 PM
On Friday, December 23, 2016 at 12:07:33 PM UTC-5, Mr Flibble wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Merry festivus.  I hope everyone has an enjoyable winterval.  Sausages.

And a merry festivus to you too, f**king ho, ho, ho.

Daniel

0
Daniel
12/23/2016 9:06:40 PM
On 23/12/2016 20:57, Gareth Owen wrote:
> Mr Flibble <flibbleREMOVETHISBIT@i42.co.uk> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Merry festivus.  I hope everyone has an enjoyable winterval.  Sausages.
>
> First - the airing of grievances.
>
> I gotta lot of problems with you people.

You people? Your god doesn't exist mate; try a different religion which
doesn't rely on evolution being false.

/Flibble

0
Mr
12/23/2016 10:03:18 PM
Mr Flibble <flibbleREMOVETHISBIT@i42.co.uk> writes:

> On 23/12/2016 20:57, Gareth Owen wrote:
>> Mr Flibble <flibbleREMOVETHISBIT@i42.co.uk> writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Merry festivus.  I hope everyone has an enjoyable winterval.  Sausages.
>>
>> First - the airing of grievances.
>>
>> I gotta lot of problems with you people.
>
> You people? Your god doesn't exist mate; try a different religion
> which doesn't rely on evolution being false.

If you're going to make a cultural allusion, you should probably be
passingly familiar with the source of that cultural allusion.

       **** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JR6xt9S02o ****
0
Gareth
12/23/2016 10:26:05 PM
On 23/12/2016 22:26, Gareth Owen wrote:
> Mr Flibble <flibbleREMOVETHISBIT@i42.co.uk> writes:

>>> First - the airing of grievances.
>>>
>>> I gotta lot of problems with you people.
>>
>> You people? Your god doesn't exist mate; try a different religion
>> which doesn't rely on evolution being false.
>
> If you're going to make a cultural allusion, you should probably be
> passingly familiar with the source of that cultural allusion.

Cultural allusion? Neither atheism nor evolution are cultural in nature
so I am not sure what you think I was alluding to culturally.  Perhaps
you think I was alluding to your culture?  I was certainly making an
assumption that you are a follower of an Abrahamic religion (a good bet
usually for someone with such an Anglo-Saxon name).

>        **** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JR6xt9S02o ****

Didn't open link.

/Flibble
0
Mr
12/23/2016 10:31:13 PM
On 23/12/2016 22:31, Mr Flibble wrote:
> On 23/12/2016 22:26, Gareth Owen wrote:
>> Mr Flibble <flibbleREMOVETHISBIT@i42.co.uk> writes:

>>> You people? Your god doesn't exist mate; try a different religion
>>> which doesn't rely on evolution being false.
>>
>> If you're going to make a cultural allusion, you should probably be
>> passingly familiar with the source of that cultural allusion.
>
> Cultural allusion? Neither atheism nor evolution are cultural in nature
> so I am not sure what you think I was alluding to culturally.  Perhaps
> you think I was alluding to your culture?  I was certainly making an
> assumption that you are a follower of an Abrahamic religion (a good bet
> usually for someone with such an Anglo-Saxon name).
>

>>        **** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JR6xt9S02o ****
>
> Didn't open link.

Ah, Seinfeld.  A show that looks good but I have never had the
opportunity to watch.  Maybe when I retire I will watch the box set on
repeat to stave off dementia.

/Flibble

0
Mr
12/23/2016 10:44:13 PM
On 23.12.2016 23:44, Mr Flibble wrote:

> Ah, Seinfeld.  A show that looks good but I have never had the
> opportunity to watch.  Maybe when I retire I will watch the box set on
> repeat to stave off dementia.

Do.

Some of the references may be obscure at that time, but Seinfeld was good.

Tip: you can avoid the annoying threats about illegal copying, and get
decent subtitles (at least with e.g. the VLC player), by downloading a
technically illegal copy. I.e., buy the set, then download it. I think
it's a shame that the entertainment companies are unable to offer their
products in a properly usable way, that one must use of one's time and
bandwidth to obtain a decent version after buying e.g. a movie, but.

Cheers!, & Happy Xmas!,

- Alf

0
Alf
12/23/2016 11:17:06 PM
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 22:31:13 +0000
Mr Flibble <flibbleREMOVETHISBIT@i42.co.uk> wrote:
> On 23/12/2016 22:26, Gareth Owen wrote:
> > Mr Flibble <flibbleREMOVETHISBIT@i42.co.uk> writes:

> >> You people? Your god doesn't exist mate; try a different religion
> >> which doesn't rely on evolution being false.
> >
> > If you're going to make a cultural allusion, you should probably be
> > passingly familiar with the source of that cultural allusion.
>
> Cultural allusion? Neither atheism nor evolution are cultural in
> nature so I am not sure what you think I was alluding to culturally.
> Perhaps you think I was alluding to your culture?  I was certainly
> making an assumption that you are a follower of an Abrahamic religion
> (a good bet usually for someone with such an Anglo-Saxon name).

Except that both 'Gareth' and 'Owen' come from Welsh.
0
Chris
12/24/2016 4:28:42 PM
On 24/12/2016 16:28, Chris Vine wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 22:31:13 +0000
> Mr Flibble <flibbleREMOVETHISBIT@i42.co.uk> wrote:

>>> If you're going to make a cultural allusion, you should probably be
>>> passingly familiar with the source of that cultural allusion.
>>
>> Cultural allusion? Neither atheism nor evolution are cultural in
>> nature so I am not sure what you think I was alluding to culturally.
>> Perhaps you think I was alluding to your culture?  I was certainly
>> making an assumption that you are a follower of an Abrahamic religion
>> (a good bet usually for someone with such an Anglo-Saxon name).
>
> Except that both 'Gareth' and 'Owen' come from Welsh.

All the same.

/Flibble

0
Mr
12/24/2016 5:12:35 PM
On 12/23/2016 9:07 AM, Mr Flibble wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Merry festivus.  I hope everyone has an enjoyable winterval.  Sausages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus#/media/File:Festivus_Pole.jpg

;^D

0
Chris