missing include files (sys/param.h, sys/socket.h, net/if.h, ...)

Hi

I'm using VC++ 6.0 SP5 under windows 2k. I tried to compile the net-snmp
(sourceforge.net) source.
When I try to compile, I get the following errors (missings):

Cannot open include file: 'sys/param.h'
Cannot open include file: 'sys/socket.h'
Cannot open include file: 'net/if.h'

Can somebody help me?

Thanks

0
meier1 (1)

Ronald Meier wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm using VC++ 6.0 SP5 under windows 2k. I tried to compile the net-snmp
> (sourceforge.net) source.
> When I try to compile, I get the following errors (missings):
>
> Cannot open include file: 'sys/param.h'
> Cannot open include file: 'sys/socket.h'
> Cannot open include file: 'net/if.h'
>
> Can somebody help me?

Yes, the folks in a Windows, or VC++ newsgroup can.
Sorry, but this newsgroup, news:comp.lang.c++, discusses
the _standard_ C++ language which doesn't have facilities
for sockets or networking.  Those are platform specific
issues and best discussed in a platform or compiler
newsgroup.

See the FAQ and Welcome.txt links below.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
          http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
C Faq:   http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/c-faq/top.html
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:
     http://www.josuttis.com  -- C++ STL Library book

Ronald Meier wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm using VC++ 6.0 SP5 under windows 2k. I tried to compile the net-snmp
> (sourceforge.net) source.
> When I try to compile, I get the following errors (missings):
>
> Cannot open include file: 'sys/param.h'
> Cannot open include file: 'sys/socket.h'
> Cannot open include file: 'net/if.h'

Did you read the FAQ, specifically the 'Does it run on Windows' bit?

- Keith

0
false (23)