Problem: Using JNI + Java -> Freeze the gui

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I develeped a GUI using JNI functions to call some C++ functions
(h323, like gnomeeting ie)

It works perfectly under windows (using the javaw command),

But under Linux, (or windows using java command), after a few times,
the application is freezing, and I have to kill it (the C++ side seems
to continue to work as soon as I cant still speak and listen through
the h323 tunnel....)

AnyIne have some logical explication, or debugging solution ?

Thanks for your help !
0
Reply bart59 (9) 6/9/2004 12:28:16 PM

See related articles to this posting
comp.lang.c++ 48194 articles. 27 followers. Post

Problem using Java GUI on Catalyst 3500 XL
I'm fairly new to this, so please bear with me! I've acquired a 3500xl (ios v12.0) which I have reset to factory settings. I've connected to the console port via a serial connection and have defined a single port on vlan1. I can now telnet via this port into the unit config. I have define my password which is valid for all levels up to 15 However, If I point my browser (i.e 6.1 on Windows XP pro) at the unit it keeps on asking me for a password. If I enter the correct password it then changes to a different directory (you can see this on the browser status line) and then prompts...

argument transfering in JNI, problem in calling Java GUI
Dear friends, I am using JNI to call java from C++, in jdk1.4.1 and Visual C++ 6. It works well, but without argument transfering: (I posted this message here, it is not the same as the 3 messages I posted before. If you read carefully about these 4 messages, you will find that I am making progress, although slowly. I wish people will not mind my questions) Question 1 is about the argument transfering: In the C++ code, I call the main() of java codes: jclass string = env->FindClass("java/lang/String"); jobjectArray args = env->NewObjectArray(0,string, NULL); env->CallSta...

problems using GUI
I am trying to create a GUI to enable the user to edit a pair of arrays (databases) in a merging process. I am having trouble with the GUI in accessing variables within pushbutton functions: ??? Undefined function or variable 'selectedcells1'. Error in ==> GUI_test>pushbutton4_Callback at 128 [row1,columns1] = size(selectedcells1); Error in ==> gui_mainfcn at 96 feval(varargin{:}); Error in ==> GUI_test at 42 gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:}); Error in ==> @(hObject,eventdata)GUI_test('pushbutton4_Callback',hObject,eventdata,gu...

Java GUI Problem
I am having a problem that has really got me stuck and I think it is because I am going about it incorrectly. Here is my problem in the most plain terms possible: I wrote a program that has a Class "A" and for class A there is a GUI class called "A_GUI" in its own package called "GUI". The following should occurs between the two classes: I launch Class A, which will in turn invoke class A_GUI. It is done in this order because class A need to load data from certain files and what not before A_GUI can be useful. The A_GUI class has two fields to fill in, for a...

Problem using GUI
Hi i get this error when i try to load mat file Reference to non-existent field 'fldata'. i am using this code: Input_data = load(input_file); Input_data = Input_data.fldata; Any help to debug this error? Thanks ...

java GUI problems
Hey guys, I've created two seperate GUIs in Java, one of which simply outputs the current time while the other shows squares moving across the screen.. I am aiming to to put both GUIs onto one window, so that in the upper box is the current time and in the lower box is the moving squares. Is this possible? Any ideas how to go about it? Here is the current code: clock.java import java.awt.*; import java.applet.*; import java.util.*; public class clock extends Applet implements Runnable { Font f = new Font("ComicSans",Font.ITALIC,24); Date d; Thread runner; public void in...

java gui problem
I want to implement a GUI which uses image as background. I uses JFrame . However, I cannot find any tutorial showing how to add an Image as the background May anyone suggest some useful tutorial? Thanks a lot. > I want to implement a GUI which uses image as background. I uses JFrame . > However, I cannot find any tutorial showing how to add an Image as the > background > > May anyone suggest some useful tutorial? As this is my day of being nice to people, here's some code: (figure out yourself what command line parameter it needs) =========== code ================= ...

Java JNI problem
I have a class that extends FILe class TestFile extends File { static { //within exception block Load the JNI implementation shared object file } TestFile(somefilename) { super(somefilename); } } whenever I try to create an instance of this object my code hangs at the point my code calls TestFile obj = new TestFile(somefIlename); But, when I comment this , the code works just fine and even makes calls to the native methods of the shared object..... I have no clue whats happening here..... Any help is appreciated. lakshmi2510@gmail.com wrote: > I have a class that extends FILe &...

problem using guis
i encountered following errors while using guis Error in ==> untitled>bro_Callback at 111 set(handles.adress, 'String', [FilePath, FileName]); Error in ==> gui_mainfcn at 75 feval(varargin{:}); Error in ==> untitled at 44 gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:}); ??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback. i am unable to understand wat these errors are...it sounds bit stupid but lst time when i run this code it was working perfectly. can someone suggest solution?? "shigrif" wrote in message <jb0jq1$gee$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > i enc...

Calling compiled m-file under Linux from Java using Java Native Interface (JNI).
I am calling a compiled matlab function under Linux from Java using the Java Native Interface (JNI). I've been able to achieve the integration under Windows following the instructions in "Mathworks Solution Number: 27671". When I try under Linux(Redhat9), following the instructions in "Mathworks Solution Number: 35847" I manage to build the shared library, but when I run my java application I recieve the following run-time link error: libmwlapack: load error: /usr/MatlabR12/bin/glnx86/atlas_PIII.so: undefined symbol: ieeeck_ libmwlapack: load error: /usr/MatlabR12/ex...

[Oracle, java function] Problem with java function that uses 3rd party GPL library
Hi I need to create a function in java, that will run in oracle database as database function. So I've downloaded barbecue - GPL java library that allow me to create barcodes. I'm new at java so maybe my error is trivial, maybe not - I can't find it neither in oracle docs nor in java ones... Now that's the problem: I've loaded barbecue.jar to database using "loadjava" utility. Creation of java function went well: create or replace and compile java source named hsljavabarcodegenerator as import javax.swing.*; import net.sourceforge.barbecue.Barc...

Using JNI to Call C++ Methods from Java Using NetBeans IDE 7.1.2
Hello, I want to call a series of C++ routines from java using the Java Native Int= erface. The IDE that I'm using is NetBeans 7.1.2. Below is a two part description. The first part is background. It explains = how I was told to setup two jar files that refer to my C++ routines. The se= cond part is the wrong part. The second part is my feeble attempt at changi= ng my code so that it invokes a routine in the C/C++ library. (Part 1) I setup NetBeans to use 2 dot jar files to refer to my C++ routines. I was = told to follow these steps. The steps that I followed to do this are...

My problem is this: I have a MATLAB GUI and I want the analytical results I get if I run it to appear in my GUI and not the command window. I tried using a listbox to display the results because of th
My problem is this: I have a MATLAB GUI and I want the analytical results I get if I run it to appear in my GUI and not the command window. I tried using a listbox to display the results because of the slider bars that are automatically created for the listbox, but it did not work. How can I display the data, perhaps using a static text box? You can use an edit text control. Set the 'max' property to 2 to get multiple lines and a scroll bar. And next time, it's fine if you use a short subject line. You don't have to paste the whole body of the message into the subject li...

Strange problem with JAVA GUIs.
Hi All, I have a strange problem with my JAVA GUIs running on GNOME desktop. The GUIs appear broken(No static text is displayed) when I am running my application with Java 1.4 or 1.5 but appear to be running fine when I use Java1.6. The dialogs are created using JOptionDialog and the parent frame(JFrame) has a look and feel set by getSystemLookAndFeel. The issues got fixed to an extent by using metalLookAndFeel but still dialogs are not behaving correctly. When using Java 1.4 or 1.5 if I resize the dialog then the information on the dialog shows up but this is creating application entirely...

Problem using plotyy in GUI
Hi. I have do some searching but still couldn't solve it. I need some advice/help. I have created a GUI. When 'Hold Button' is pressed, it must hold the double-axis-plot on the AXES so that another set of lines can be plotted on the same plot. So, in the main function, I code: [AX,H1,H2]=plotyy(x,y1,x,y2) And, in the callback function of 'Hold Button', I code: if get(hObject,'Value')==1 axes(handles.axes2) hold on; set(hObject,'String','Hold Off'); else axes(handles.axes2) hold off; set(hObject,'String','Hold O...

Java use: problem with LaTeXDraw

Java GUI repaint problem
I made a java GUI app that shrinks and then uploads images via FTP to a server. It works great on using both of my computers which are both running JRE 1.5+, but when I run it on two other computers (that have JRE 1.4.x) the GUI won't refresh. Usually this problem is caused becuase the processing is taking place in the GUI thread or EDT, but I am not doing that. I have a different thread doing my processing, so I am not sure what is going on. I haven't pasted my code becase there is a lot of it, but here is what specifically causes the problem. I have a JList which stores a list o...

Problem using a uicontrol GUI
Hello. I've the following problem: I have an m-file function which has the following line: set(h,'String',x) h is an handle for uicontrol of edit style. x is string (confirmed with ischar()). Usually this line works fine. In a praticular case (which i cannot see why it is different from the rest because h is the same and x is still a string), the above command simply does nothing. When I try insead the following: set(h,'String',{x}) it works, but this solution complicates my code. My questions are: A. Is it a known bug? Did someone ever noticed this kind of b...

Use JNI Through JAVA Thread
I made an example which works fine in the JAVA main Thread, but crash in a new Thread, Why? Is it possible to do something like that? if no, how? public class UserThread extends Threads{ private MyJNIObject myJNIObject; public UserThread(){ try{ System.loadLibrary("myDLL.dll"); }catch(UnsatisfiedLinkError e){} this.myJNIObject = new MyJNIObject(); } public void run(){ this.myJNIObject.run(); } } pIm3ntO0o. wrote: > I made an example which works fine in the JAVA main > Thread, but crash in a new Thread, Why? Define 'crash'? If it...

Problems with using handles in GUI
I am making a GUI.I am using the handles in m-file other than the main project GUI file.Can anyone plz tell whats the correct way to use handles in an m-file another than the GUI file. Thanks. http://www.blinkdagger.com/matlab/matlab-gui-tutorial-sharing-data-among-callbacks-and-sub-functions scroll to the end, i think that might be what you are looking for. good luck ...

Problem when using waitbar in a GUI
I have a function called loadDataset() which is totally external to a GUI. Inside this function, I'm calling the function waitbar from MATLAB which will show me the current percentage of the process loadDataset() The thing is that I'm calling the function loadDataset() in a callBack from the GUI and when the waitbar (defined inside loadDataset()) appear,s the GUI gets closed. Any idea how to solve that? Thank you in advance! Ok, already solved! ...

Problem with using timer in gui
I've been referring to some simple example code, illustrating how to create and use a timer within a gui m-file. My own (simplified) code is below. The problem is that my timer function is supposed to be called repeatedly (in the code below, should be called 5 times before quitting), and the counter variable is supposed to be incremented each time the timer function is called. However, I'm seeing some unexpected behavior: 1) Although I should see util_counter = 1, ..., =5, instead I see a long series (hundreds) of util_counter = 1 ... this variable isn't being incremented, bu...

Problem using cobol with java
Hey I need to pass parameter to a cobol program with I start from a java program. I was able to run an cobol program that doesn't use parameters already but i'm stuck now this is my java code i use to run a cobol program that doesn't need parameters public class TestRunCobol { private static ShowText txtProg; public static void main(String[] args) { txtProg = new ShowText(); txtProg.run(); } } And this is the cobol program to which i want to pass 1 parameter (String value) IDENTIFICATION DIVISION. PROGRAM-ID. ShowText. ENVIRONMENT DIVISION. DATA DIVISION. WO...

Problem using java with cobol
Hey I need to pass parameter to a cobol program with I start from a java program. I was able to run an cobol program that doesn't use parameters already but i'm stuck now this is my java code i use to run a cobol program that doesn't need parameters public class TestRunCobol { private static ShowText txtProg; public static void main(String[] args) { txtProg = new ShowText(); txtProg.run(); } } And this is the cobol program to which i want to pass 1 parameter (String value) IDENTIFICATION DIVISION. PROGRAM-ID. ShowText. ENVIRONMENT DIVISION. DATA DIVISION. WO...

Problem with using data from GUI
I have written a basic GUI to calculate power flow. I have created an open, save function using the menu editor in guide to save and load data that I have keyed in. The problem arises when I load the data into the edit boxes and attempt to use these values to calculate the power. The problem seems to be that althought the values appear in the edit boxes after I load them, the m-file which I am using to calculate power is unable to obtain the data. It still sees the boxes as empty. It gives an error saying that 'First argument must be a string' indicating that there is no value in the ...