What's the reason of error ""*** glibc detected *** munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer"

I have a C++ package which works very well in the 32-bit Linux-like
OS. However, it will lead to a "*** glibc detected *** ./ex2:
munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer"  in 64-bit (Fedora 7-64), when it
delete a object generated by new operator.  I really do not known
why?
And I need your help. Please tell me why and when this error should
happen? So that I can fix my problem. :)

Renzr wrote:
> I have a C++ package which works very well in the 32-bit Linux-like
> OS. However, it will lead to a "*** glibc detected *** ./ex2:
> munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer"  in 64-bit (Fedora 7-64), when it
> delete a object generated by new operator.  I really do not known
> why?

Me neither - mostly because I do not have access to your code.
Have you tried searching the net for that error?

> And I need your help. Please tell me why and when this error should
> happen? So that I can fix my problem. :)

Does
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c++.moderated/browse_thread/thread/755eb2e797c99c76/7c05430519af9b7d?lnk=st&q=***+glibc+detected+***++munmap_chunk()%3A+invalid+pointer#7c05430519af9b7d
help?
0
anon3413 (206)
10/15/2007 3:14:43 PM
On 10 15 ,   11 14 , anon <a...@no.no> wrote:
> Me neither - mostly because I do not have access to your code.
> Have you tried searching the net for that error?
Sorry, I have did the google but the explicit reason is inavaiable.:)
A friend has told me this may be caused by heap error. And I am fixing
it by Valgrind tool. Very thanks for your reply.

On 10 15 ,   11 14 , anon <a...@no.no> wrote:
> Renzr wrote:
> > I have a C++ package which works very well in the 32-bit Linux-like
> > OS. However, it will lead to a "*** glibc detected *** ./ex2:
> > munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer"  in 64-bit (Fedora 7-64), when it
> > delete a object generated by new operator.  I really do not known
> > why?
>
> Me neither - mostly because I do not have access to your code.
> Have you tried searching the net for that error?
>
> > And I need your help. Please tell me why and when this error should
> > happen? So that I can fix my problem. :)
>
> Doeshttp://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c++.moderated/browse_thread/...
> help?

:), Thanks for your reply. I am trying the Valgrind tool to memcheck.
Maybe it is a heap error.:)