window-handlers on windows

hi
(this is my first post to this ng; so if it is the wrong ng, please
direct me to the one i need...)
my problem not necessarily bound to C++ (but could also be C), but since
my application is in C++, i post it here.

i want to draw from application A into a window that has been created by
an application B (in my case: i want to render an openGL-scene into a a
browser-window)
under linux i can get a handle of type "Window" from the Xserver, into
which i can draw (assumed that i have permissions)
under windows the only such handle i have found is HWND, which is a
pointer to a structure and thus can not be shared accross
application-boundaries.

is there a way to get some (numeric, symbolic) ID that identifies a
window unambiguously ?

i have searched the web, but as soon as google seems to understand my
request it spits out sites about how to do it in linux....

any help is appreciated

mfg.a.dsr
IOhannes
0
zmoelnig (3)

IOhannes M zmoelnig wrote:
> is there a way to get some (numeric, symbolic) ID that identifies a
> window unambiguously ?

oh, another attempt via google revealed the EnumWindows() function which
looks (at first glance) exactly like what i was looking for...

(you have probably noticed, that i am not programming for windows a lot...)

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes
0
zmoelnig (3)
8/13/2004 8:51:24 AM
"IOhannes M zmoelnig" <zmoelnig@iem.at> wrote in message
> hi
> (this is my first post to this ng; so if it is the wrong ng, please
> direct me to the one i need...)

john

John Harrison wrote:
> [...]

aye.