Announce: new release of Dynace OO extension to C

A new release of Dynace is available at:
http://blake.mcbride.name/software/dynace

This release has been released under the FreeBSD license.

Dynace is an open source, OO extension to C that gives C (or C++), a
full meta-object protocol, and multiple inheritance. Dynace is designed
to solve many of the problems associated with C++ while being easier to
learn and containing more flexible object oriented facilities. Dynace
is able to add facilities previously only available in languages such
as Smalltalk and CLOS without all the overhead normally associated with
those environments.

The Dynace system also includes a GUI development system that runs
under Win32 or Wine (Linux, etc.).

Dynace runs on:
     Windows
     Apple Mac
     Linux
     FreeBSD
     OpenSolaris

Blake McBride
--
comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address: clcm@plethora.net -- you must
or the newsgroup name in square brackets in the subject line.  Sorry.

New release of Dynace OO extension to C
Dynace is a portable, open source object oriented extension to C. Dynace extends C with true object oriented abilities including a meta-object protocol, multiple inheritance, and multiple threads. It is very mature and stable. It is much easier than C++ and solves many of the problems associated with C++. Take a look at: http://algorithms.us Blake McBride blake@mcbride.name ...

New release of the Dynace OO extension to C
A new release of Dynace is available at: http://blake.mcbride.name This release has a new port to the Mac and updated support for Wine. Dynace is an open source, OO extension to C that gives C (or C++), a full meta-object protocol, and multiple inheritance. Dynace is designed to solve many of the problems associated with C++ while being easier to learn and containing more flexible object oriented facilities. Dynace is able to add facilities previously only available in languages such as Smalltalk and CLOS without all the overhead normally associated with those environments. The Dyna...

[...]

Announce: new release of Dynace OO extention to C
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ----------------1039962070383663375 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit A new release of Dynace is available at: http://blake.mcbride.name/software/dynace This release has been released under the FreeBSD license. Dynace is an open source, OO extension to C that gives C (or C++), a full meta-object protocol, and multiple inheritance. Dynace is designed to solve many of the problems associated with C++ while being easier to learn and containing more flexible object oriented...

Better C/C++ Than C/C++?
I am looking for a good systems programming language that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications for the language are: * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code binaries (for Windows) * open source - preferable, but not 100% necessary Thanks, Kevin "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> writes: > I am looking for a good systems programming language > that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications > for the language are: > > * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code > binaries (for Windows) Ocaml, D, cyclone, Eiffel, Beta >...

jython and C-c C-c
How do I get C-c C-c to work with jython? I have the jpython command set to jython, and I can start the interpreter with C-C ! and then use C-c C-c, but this is rather frustrating. If I try to use C-c C-c without first starting the interpreter in another window I get wrong type argument: sequencep, jpython Thanks, Dave Cook ...

New Release: OOJNI Add-in .NET for VC7, which generates JNI code in C++, managed C++, C#, J# and VB
Object-Oriented JNI Advanced Add-In is a tool developed for MS Visual Studio. It generates C++ code (OOJNI classes) and managed code (OOJNI .NET classes) in MCPP, C#, J#, VB for java byte code selected and includes it into the active project. See: http://www.softsland.com/OOJNI_Addin_NET_for_VC71.html http://www.sharewareplaza.com/OOJNI-Add-in-NET-for-VC7-1-download_43587.html ...

New Release: OOJNI Add-in .NET for VC7, which generates JNI code in C++, managed C++, C#, J# and VB
Object-Oriented JNI Advanced Add-In is a tool developed for MS Visual Studio. It generates C++ code (OOJNI classes) and managed code (OOJNI .NET classes) in MCPP, C#, J#, VB for java byte code selected and includes it into the active project. See: http://www.softsland.com/OOJNI_Addin_NET_for_VC71.html http://www.sharewareplaza.com/OOJNI-Add-in-NET-for-VC7-1-download_43587.html ...

new to c/c++
I was looking for a good reference to the c++ language, the only one that I found was www.cprogramming.com, and that does not provide a reference for header files. andrewjj20 andrewjj20 wrote: > I was looking for a good reference to the c++ language, the only one that > I found was www.cprogramming.com, and that does not provide a reference > for header files. > > andrewjj20 The C++ Standard Library by (Josuttis) The C++ Programming Language (Bjarne Stroustrup) I recommend books because I don't like reading the much on the computer screen. There's a pretty good o...

New to C/C++
Hey Team, I wanted to know if you could recommend some sites, or FAQ's that can help someone that has never programmed before. Any help would be great. Thanks, Rafael Greetings. In article <a55917dc.0311121250.4bb67f26@posting.google.com>, Rafael wrote: > Subject: New to C/C++ As a point of information, C and C++ are two distinct languages. C++ questions are off-topic in this newsgroup. > I wanted to know if you could recommend some sites, or FAQ's that > can help someone that has never programmed before. Any help would be > great. If you're compl...

New Release: OOJNI Add-in .NET for VC7, which generates JNI code in C++, managed C++, C#, J# and VB #2
Object-Oriented JNI Advanced Add-In is a tool developed for MS Visual Studio. It generates C++ code (OOJNI classes) and managed code (OOJNI .NET classes) in MCPP, C#, J#, VB for java byte code selected and includes it into the active project. See: http://www.softsland.com/OOJNI_Addin_NET_for_VC71.html http://www.sharewareplaza.com/OOJNI-Add-in-NET-for-VC7-1-download_43587.html ...

slime C-c C-c annoyance
Does anyone have a good workaround for this problem other than: just be careful! When I've compiled a large package and slime has given me a *slime-compilation* buffer, I like to work through this buffer issue by issue, fixing the errors, warnings, etc. But If I ever press C-c C-c in the editor window while fixing an error, slime destroys the *(slime-compilation* buffer with the compilation output of C-c C-c. Jim Newton <jimka.issy@gmail.com> writes: > Does anyone have a good workaround for this problem other than: just be careful! > > When I've compiled a ...

C as a Subset of C++ (or C++ as a superset of C)
Isn't it a lame use of human time and effort to maintain completely separate C and C++ standards? As in the words of Betty White about Facebook: "It seems like an incredible waste of time". Why don't the two standards groups get together and agree on a common specification for the ground which both standards cover? There would still be two separate standards, but they'd both be exactly the same for the common ground. The common ground document could be referred to by both standards instead of being maintained by both groups in individual efforts resulting in...

Web resources about - Announce: new release of Dynace OO extension to C - comp.lang.c.moderated