fopen ("file on shared drive","w+") doesn't work on 2nd call using Windows LabView DDL

Hello,

I have a shared drive on SGI, Linux, and Windows.

The problem is within the same program a second call to fopen does not
create a file if the file has been deleted.

I would like to use fopen for its pointer return value to solve this.

What is the best way to fix this problem?

The reason I want to do this is I do not want to exit completely
from LabView and then re-enter it to create the file!

I talked to my system person and he said something "like" this. That it
is a caching problem. Windows has the file in cache memory. All
references to it affect the cached file. You can do fopens (NULL not
returned, and errno not set), reads, and writes, but they do not affect
the file in question on the shared drive. He went on to say that have
to use an unbuffered option with "creat" and change all read/writes
appropriately.

Will doing a creat with an unbuffered option (his suggestion) help?

Thank you,

Christopher Lusardi
--
comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address: clcm@plethora.net -- you must
or the newsgroup name in square brackets in the subject line.  Sorry.

clusardi2k@aol.com wrote:
> The problem is within the same program a second call to fopen does not
> create a file if the file has been deleted.

What does it do instead?  I.e. how do you know it didn't create a new
file?

comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address: clcm@plethora.net -- you must
or the newsgroup name in square brackets in the subject line.  Sorry.
0
Hans

Can't Find Answer Any Where (What would you do/try): fopen ("file on shared drive","w+") doesn't work on 2nd call using Windows LabView DDL
Hello, I have a shared drive on SGI, Linux, and Windows. The fact that I'm using a shared drive may be mute information. The problem is within the same program a second call to fopen does not create a file if the file has been deleted. I would like to use fopen for its pointer return value to solve this. What is the best way to fix this problem? The reason I want to do this is I do not want to exit completely from LabView and then re-enter it to create the file! I talked to my system person and he said something "like" this. That it is a caching problem. Windows has the fil...

fopen ("file on shared drive","w+") doesn't work on 2nd call using Windows LabView DDL #2
[...]

fopen ("file on shared drive","w+") doesn't work on 2nd call using Windows LabView DLL
Hello, I have a shared drive on SGI, Linux, and Windows. The problem is within the same program a second call to fopen does not create a file if the file has been deleted. I would like to use fopen for its pointer return value to solve this. What is the best way to fix this problem? The reason I want to do this is I do not want to exit completely from LabView and then re-enter it to create the file! I talked to my system person and he said something "like" this. That it is a caching problem. Windows has the file in cache memory. All references to it affect the cached file...

how to make ["a","b",["c","d"],"e"] into ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e'] ?
--001a11c34e8edbc7c404f6a94bbe Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 >>> x=["a","b",["c","d"],"e"] >>> y=x[2] >>> y ['c', 'd'] >>> x.insert(2,y[0]) >>> x ['a', 'b', 'c', ['c', 'd'], 'e'] >>> x.insert(3,y[1]) >>> x ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', ['c', 'd'], 'e'] >>> del x[4] >>> x ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', &#...

"/a" is not "/a" ?

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

why "::", not "."

Web resources about - fopen ("file on shared drive","w+") doesn't work on 2nd call using Windows LabView DDL - comp.lang.c.moderated