The CERT C Secure Coding Standard

CERT is in the process of completing our revision of The CERT C Secure Codi=
ng Standard and we would like your assistance in reviewing the latest conte=
nt on the wiki at https://www.securecoding.cert.org/confluence/x/HQE.  This=
 document has a long history with the C standards committee, going back to =
the Berlin meeting in 2006 with the document being reviewed at subsequent m=
eetings and later forming the basis for TS 17961 C Secure Coding Rules.  Wh=
ile the main audience for TS 17961 is analyzers, The CERT C Secure Coding S=
tandard provides guidance to software developers, and has been adopted by o=
rganizations such as Cisco and Oracle. The major changes to the current dra=
ft of The CERT C Secure Coding Standard are that it has been updated for C1=
1 and aligned with TS 17961.  I would greatly appreciate any time you might=
 be able to spend reviewing the wiki content.  Our plans are to complete a =
draft of the new version by the end of October 2013, so we would need your =
comments before then to make our deadline.  If you have limited time, pleas=
e focus on the Rules in Chapters 1 through 14 and in the Miscellaneous rule=
s chapter.  The Concurrency Chapter is new in this version of the standard =
and is in the greatest need of attention.  To comment on the rules, simply =
create an account on the wiki.  This will allow you to comment on any of th=
e rules.

Thanks,
rCs
--
comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address: clcm@plethora.net -- you must
or the newsgroup name in square brackets in the subject line.  Sorry.

CERT C++ Programming Language Secure Coding Standard
The CERT/CC has just deployed a new web site dedicated to developing secure coding standards for the C programming language, C++, and eventually other programming language. We have already developed significant content for the C++ programming language that is available at: https://www.securecoding.cert.org/ by clicking on the link: "CERT C++ Programming Language Secure Coding Standard" We are depending on the active involvement of the C++ programming language community (you) to make this effort a success. I invite you to participate in this effort by revi...

CERT C Programming Language Secure Coding Standard
The CERT/CC has just deployed a new web site dedicated to developing secure coding standards for the C programming language, C++, and eventually other programming language. We have already developed significant content for the C programming language that is available at: https://www.securecoding.cert.org/ by clicking on the "CERT C Programming Language Secure Coding Standard" link. We are depending on the active involvement of the C programming language community (you) and ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG14 to make this effort a success. I invite you to participate in this effort by reviewi...

convert c# code to c++/c
hi people, Im stuck with a problem. I want to convert the following C# code to c++/c im trying to convert it line by line by myself. but still cant do away with some errors.. kindly help here is my code.. Imports System.Net Imports System.Net.Sockets Imports System.IO Public Class Form1 Private Client As New UdpClient(4370) 'Local machine uses UDP and port 4370 Private ZkDevice As New IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Parse("192.168.1.201"), 4370) 'Address of Device and port Private SessionID As UInt16 'ID of session. Each session have a unique ID ...

CERT C Secure Coding Standard
We would like to invite the C community to review and comment on the current version of the CERT C Secure Coding Standard available online at www.securecoding.cert.org <http://www.securecoding.cert.org> before Version 1.0 is published. To comment, you can create an account on the Secure Coding wiki and post your comments there. Our intent is to complete major development of Version 1.0 by April 18, 2008, with the published version of the standard being available in September. Once Version 1.0 of the standard goes to the publisher, we will begin development of Version 2.0. That is, we...

CERT C Secure Coding Standard: last call for reviewers
We would like to invite the community to review and comment on the current version of the CERT C Secure Coding Standard available online at www.securecoding.cert.org <http://www.securecoding.cert.org> before Version 1.0 is published. To comment, you can create an account on the Secure Coding wiki and post your comments there. Our intent is to complete major development of Version 1.0 by April 18, 2008, with the published version of the standard being available in September. Once Version 1.0 of the standard goes to the publisher, we will begin development of Version 2.0. That is, we wi...

Better C/C++ Than C/C++?
I am looking for a good systems programming language that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications for the language are: * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code binaries (for Windows) * open source - preferable, but not 100% necessary Thanks, Kevin "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> writes: > I am looking for a good systems programming language > that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications > for the language are: > > * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code > binaries (for Windows) Ocaml, D, cyclone, Eiffel, Beta >...

jython and C-c C-c
How do I get C-c C-c to work with jython? I have the jpython command set to jython, and I can start the interpreter with C-C ! and then use C-c C-c, but this is rather frustrating. If I try to use C-c C-c without first starting the interpreter in another window I get wrong type argument: sequencep, jpython Thanks, Dave Cook ...

CERT C Programming Language Secure Coding Standard #2
We have made significant progress on the CERT C Programming Language Secure Coding Standard since I first posted about this effort around a year ago. In particular, the document was reviewed and endorsed by the WG14 C language standards committee at the London meeting in April of this year. We would again like to invite the community to review and comment on the current version of the standard available at www.securecoding.cert.org before we publish the final version. To do this, you can create an account on the secure coding wiki and post your comments there. There is some possibility th...

security coding guidelines for C/C++
I am Aravind.Could someone provide me with a list of specific guidelines for secure programming in C/C++?.I would like to use those guidelines for developing a security application to deal with issues like buffer overflows,memory leaks,user input validation etc.... Aravind Aravind wrote: > > I am Aravind.Could someone provide me with a list of specific > guidelines for secure programming in C/C++?.I would like to use those > guidelines for developing a security application to deal with issues > like buffer overflows,memory leaks,user input validation etc.... No. Nobody here ...

C++ implementation for C API ---- converting legacy C code to C++
[My apologies if this LONG posting is off-topic] In this day and age, you never say no to any work that is thrown at you ---- so when I was offered this short-term contract to convert legacy C code to C++, I did not say no. Personally I believed that it was a somewhat futile exercise since one of the main requirements was for the existing API (a functional interface written in C) to remain the same. I would have much rathered that the mandate be ab-initio, but that was not the case here. My client had a bad experience with OO, and they wanted to re-tread this path very very carefully. The...

C++ code with C-style interface for a library to be used in C++ and C?
Hi! I have a question about building and then using libraries containing C++ code. Let's say I have some C++ code and a .cpp file with 1 function that uses some other C++ code / classes etc... Also, any possible exception is handled within the function itself. In code: MyModule.h ---------- #ifndef MYMODULE_H #define MYMODULE_H extern int Test(float inParam1,float inParam2,float* outResult); #endif // #ifndef MYMODULE_H MyModule.cpp ------------ #include "MyModule.h" #include "MyClasses.h" // contains MyClassA and MyClassB int Test(float inParam1,float inParam2,...

How to do this in C++ (C code)
in C, I have this : #define doStuff(var) func(var##_1, var##_2) void func(int v, int v2) { printf("%d, %d\n", v, v2); } int main() { int myvar_1 = 1; int myvar_2 = 2; doStuff(myvar); // ... } I want to do a class to encapsulate the func, but how can I do the same thing with a class ? I would like to do something like this : int myvar_1 = 1; int myvar_2 = 2; CMyClass c; c.doStuff(myvar); How can I do that ? Thanks for your help, S. timor.super@gmail.com wrote: > in C, I have this : > > #define doStuff(var) func(var##_1, var##_2) > > void func(int v, int...

Any C code are valid C++ code?
Since C is a subset of C++, so any C code or C libraries (printf(), scanf(), etc...) are valid C++ code. Is that correct? so even though the whole program is written in C, but with .cpp extension, we still consider as C++ program? Please advise. Thanks jrefactors@hotmail.com wrote: > Since C is a subset of C++ [...] Wrong premise. Wrong conclusion. The answer to your subj is "no". jrefactors@hotmail.com wrote: > Since C is a subset of C++ C is not a subset of C++. C++ has some incompatible changes from C. However, they are compatible enough that a lot of code runs in ...

Web resources about - The CERT C Secure Coding Standard - comp.lang.c.moderated

Standard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
St. Catharines Standard , a St. Catharines, Ontario, newspaper Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional ...

Aiken Standard - Local News Updated throughout the Day
Your Source for local news in Aiken, South Carolina. Visit our site for recent updates, video, breaking news, and much more.

Business Standard :: Business News,Finance News, World Business, India Stock News, Indian stock market ...
Business Standard, Indias leading business newspaper, provides latest news on stock markets, investing, companies, industry, banking, finance, ...

Leader Standard
Former England striker Beattie, a former team-mate of Monk's at Southampton, was appointed first-team coach this summer, with his prime responsibility ...

Manila Standard Today - Latest News in the Philippines
Manila Standard Today - Latest News in the Philippines

The Weekly Standard - A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.
The Weekly Standard - A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.

Bulletin Standard
Breaking USA News & Headlines; Latest News and Current News from America, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San ...

Sporting codes to provide equal travel standards
Sports Minister Sussan Ley warns the nation's 30 top-funded sports organisations they could lose Australian Sports Commission investment unless ...

Chip Wilson Rips Reporter For Being On ‘Jewish Standard Time,' Tells Media It's Not News 3
... is a media "manufactured fantasy." Lululemon founder Chip Wilson doesn’t think his comment that a New York Times journalist is on “Jewish standard ...

Standard Of Review: The Times They Are A-Changin’; Will Suits Adapt?
The midseason premiere certainly feels like Suits playing its last hand to attempt to stay relevant, writes culture columnist Harry Graff.