*.so , *.la , *.a , *.so.0.0.0 , *.so.1.0.0 ...

I noticed so many extensions in the /usr/lib directory of my Linux
system. .so stands for shared object but also there are other
extensions can anyone please explain or atleast give pointers to where
I can find  information about these extensions in details.

regards,
Onkar

0
onkar.n.m (70)
1/27/2007 5:03:38 PM
comp.lang.c 30656 articles. 5 followers. spinoza1111 (3246) is leader. Post Follow

onkar <onkar.n.m@gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed so many extensions in the /usr/lib directory of my Linux
> system. .so stands for shared object but also there are other
> extensions can anyone please explain or atleast give pointers to where
> I can find  information about these extensions in details.

Sorry, but you're in the wrong group with this. This group is about
the C programming language, but what you want to know is something
concerning the naming conventions for some types of files under
Linux which is completely unrelated to C. You probably will find
much more help in a newsgroup dedicated to programming under Linux,
e.g. comp.os.linux.development.apps, or a group for programming
under Unix, comp.unix.programmer (since your question is actually
not Linux specific).
                               Regards, Jens
--
  \   Jens Thoms Toerring  ___      jt@toerring.de
   \__________________________      http://toerring.de
onkar wrote:
> I noticed so many extensions in the /usr/lib directory of my Linux
> system. .so stands for shared object but also there are other
> extensions can anyone please explain or atleast give pointers to where
> I can find  information about these extensions in details.

This is not the group for such purposes. Ask in
comp.os.linux.development.apps or comp.unix.programmer.

Also a Google search on object files will turn up lots of information.

0
santosh.k83 (3969)

#if 0?0?0:0:0
The following 4-lines source fragment test.c (fourth line empty) #if 0?0?0:0:0 #endif int main(void){return 0?0?0:0:0;} cause: test.c(1) : fatal error C1017: invalid integer constant expression when compiled by cl.exe aka "Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 15.00.30729.01 for 80x86". On the other hand this compile and runs fine. #if 0?(0?0:0):0 #endif int main(void){return 0?0?0:0:0;} Did I hit a but it this compiler's preprocessor? Francois Grieu On 3/30/2010 12:47 PM, Francois Grieu wrote: > The following 4-lines source fr...

(= 0/0 0/0)
Hi, shouldn't > (= 0/0 0/0) => NIL or > (= 0/0 0/0) => T instead of giving out division by zero? 0/0 is different from 1/0, which is the non-existent number n such that 1 x n = 0. The actual result of that expression depends of what you think 0/0 is. I personally feel that 0/0 is any number n such that 0 x n = 0, that is all numbers. hal9@cyberspace.org (Hal Niner) writes: > Hi, > > shouldn't > > > (= 0/0 0/0) => NIL > > or > > > (= 0/0 0/0) => T > > instead of giving out division by zero? 0/0 is different fro...

0,0 not 0,0
hi all, i have 2 drawings - ground floor and first floor. when i do an ID on a point on the grid i get the same readings for both drawings however, when i xref one into the other or both into a new drawing they come in in different locations. i've checked they're both using world UCS and the same units. any ideas? i thought with autocad 0,0 was always 0,0? cheers rob "Coro, Rob" <RE-Coro@bdp.co.uk> schrieb: >hi all, > >i have 2 drawings - ground floor and first floor. when i do an ID on a >point on the grid i get the same readings for bo...

IP 0.0.0.0/0
Hi Any useful link that explains this IP address range in details, please? Thanks in advance! The Dude In article <Jp6Hg.458762$IK3.24918@pd7tw1no>, The Dude <The Dude@thedu.de> wrote: >Any useful link that explains this IP address range in details, please? Urrr -- 0.0.0.0/0 is the *entire* IPv4 address range, and 0.0.0.0/32 is just the single IPv4 address 0.0.0.0. For any given network, the lowest address in the network is reserved. Historically, the lowest address was one of the two allowed choices for the broadcast address; later, the broadcast a...

How to interpolate a [0 0 0 1 0 0 ...0 1 0 0 0 ...0 0] vector please help
dear friends, i have t vector; t=linspace(0,.00007,76); k vector is [0 0 0 1......1 0 0 ..], its like all zeros except two 1`s, on a different time instants. when i apply this command ; k=interp1(tau,k,t); tau is also the same as t. one question is that,do we need to interpolate the vector k from one time vector to another of the same length? as here length(t)=length(tau). second question is that when i apply this command, the vector k is returned as a single entry???? please help me on this one. thanks "salman " <salmanabdullah9@gmail.com> wrote in message <iujd42$s...

Why (eql #c(1 0) 1) but (not (eql #c(1.0 0.0) 1.0))?
Is there a deep reason--mathematical, implementational or otherwise--that numbers of type (complex float) can have a zero imaginary part while (complex rationals) can not? Or is it just one of those things? -Peter -- Peter Seibel peter@javamonkey.com Lisp is the red pill. -- John Fraser, comp.lang.lisp Peter Seibel <peter@javamonkey.com> writes: > Is there a deep reason--mathematical, implementational or > otherwise--that numbers of type (complex float) can have a zero > imaginary part while (complex rationals) can not? Or is i...

0.0**0 = ?
I'm wondering if 0.0**0 (as opposed to 0.0**0.0) has the value 1 as per fortran standard or if this is left to the compiler vendors (different vendors do different things, unhappily). Thanks, Joost Joost VandeVondele wrote: > I'm wondering if 0.0**0 (as opposed to 0.0**0.0) has the value 1 as > per fortran standard or if this is left to the compiler vendors > (different vendors do different things, unhappily). > > Thanks, > > Joost Surely, 0.0**0.0 is mathematically undefined? Therefore, I wouldn't expect the standard to make any pronouncement about the ...

"some\0\0\0\0\0\0"
can i use such form of adding zeros to the strings/literals to 'pad' them with zeros ? or this is not guwranteed to work? need that for assuring that strings for example arepadded to some amount of bytes thus using fast compare which only checks some amount of data and do not bother for checking ends, etc 9you know what i mean) On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 12:30:19 -0700, fir saw fit to publish the following: > can i use such form of adding zeros to the strings/literals to 'pad' > them with zeros ? Yes you can. (I feel SOOO presidential right now) > or this is n...

Simplifying {0,0,0}.X.{0,0,0}
Hello, In brief: Is there a way that I can specify that "X" is a matrix and will resolve to zero when dot multiplied with a vector of zeros? I'm constructing a swathe of expressions that contain things like (when expanded): {0,0,0}.X.{0,0,0}, where X is an arbitrary (well, positive definite) square matrix of obvious size, and I'd like to be able to have mathematica simplify that for me without much intervention. My only option at the moment is to manually perform the replacements {{0, 0, 0}.X._ -> 0, _.X.{0, 0, 0} -> 0} (the left and right vectors won...

what is the significance of 0.0.0.0
is this the default gateway of whole internet. or is this the default gateway of a whole class A ip addresses. or is this a network address of a particular sub-net. please explain it pragmatically with regards novice wrote: > is this the default gateway of whole internet. > or is this the default gateway of a whole class A ip addresses. > > or is this a network address of a particular sub-net. > please explain it pragmatically > with regards Written that way, it's nothing more than an IP address. On 10/04/2010 02:53 PM, novice wrote: > is this the default gatewa...

0:0:0:0:phone
Under kerio Admin screen,local Address I get: 0:0:0:0:phone where "phone" is the local port number. What the hell is that supposed to mean? MikeStevens.invalid@spamtrap.org wrote: > Under kerio Admin screen,local Address I get: 0:0:0:0:phone > > where "phone" is the local port number. What the hell is that supposed to > mean? That's illegal -- there should be nothing coming from 0.0.0.0 at all, on ANY port. Block that IP outright. -- Cinemuck, n.: The combination of popcorn, soda, and melted chocolate which covers the floors of movie thea...

[0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0] ... remove all 0 values
Hi python - hackers, just one question. How can i remove all 0 values in a list? Sure - i can loop over it, but that s not a neat style. list.remove() will only remove the first occurence. Doing that while no exception is raised is also uncool, right? Some suggestions? Best, Dan Daniel Austria a �crit : > Hi python - hackers, > > just one question. How can i remove all 0 values in a list? Sure - i > can loop over it, but that s not a neat style. list.remove() will > only remove the first occurence. Doing that while no exception is > raised is also uncool, right? > ...

Why does python break IEEE 754 for 1.0/0.0 and 0.0/0.0?
I've read over and over that Python leaves floating point issues up to the underlying platform. This seems to be largely true, but not always. My underlying platform (IA32 Linux) correctly handles 1.0/0.0 and 0.0/0.0 according to the IEEE 754 standard, but Python goes out of its way to do the wrong thing. 1/0 is defined by the standard as +Inf and 0/0 is NaN. That's what my platform does for programs written in C. Python apparently checks for division by zero and throws and exception rather than returning the correct value calculated by the underlying platform. Is there any way...

0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1
This is gcc 4.8.1 with no compiler option used: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main( void ) { double x = rand() < 0 ? 0 : 0.1; double y = rand() < 0 ? 0 : 0.3; printf( "%g\n", x + x + x - y ); printf( "%g\n", 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 - 0.3 ); } 2.77556e-017 5.55112e-017 The second number written becomes �0� as soon as I add the compiler option �-std=c11�, why? On 10/23/14 9:41 PM, Stefan Ram wrote: > This is gcc 4.8.1 with no compiler option used: > > #include <stdio.h> > #include <stdlib.h...

Re: Simplifying {0,0,0}.X.{0,0,0}
Hi Jens, and others, On Mar 7, 6:10 pm, Jens-Peer Kuska <k...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote: > Hi, > > X /: Dot[X, a : {0 ..}] := a > > will help. Ah! TagSet, I get it; very useful. Mathematica is rather amazing. Its syntax is more flexible than I can imagine, coming from another system & TeX. Thanks all, Will ...

Backpropagation for input=[0 0;0 1; 1000 0; 1 1],t=[0;1000;1;0]
I'm working backpropagation for xor training. the following code works for xor function but it cannot work input=[0 0;0 1; 1000 0; 1 1],t=[0;1000;1;0] Here is my code: clear all; clc; tic, %2-in-and %x=[0 0 1 1; 0 1 0 1]; %t=[0 0 0 1]; %2-in-or %x=[0 0 1 1; 0 1 0 1]; %t=[0 1 1 1]; %f=A+BC %x = [0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1; 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1;0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1]; %input %t = [0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1]; %target %f=A(B+C) %x = [0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1; 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1;0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1]; %input %t = [0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1]; %target %3-in-XOR(sum of 3-in 1 bit adder) % x = [0 0 0 0 1 ...

ANN: fathom 0.4.0, fathom-tools 0.1.0, qfathom 0.1.0
Hello everyone! I would like to announce new version of fathom as well as two more packages built on top fathom. All this code is still very young and experimental, so it is not supposed to be production ready. However, I would greatly appreciate any advice or ideas on what could be useful and what would you expect of those packages. fathom 0.4.0 Fathom is python 3 library for inspecting database schema. It produces objective model of all database objects and thus allows easy database inspection. Changes: * Indices are top level objects and provide information about index uniquen= ess * Proc...

Portably replacing -0.0 with 0.0
So my program has the following function at the moment to replace -0.0 with +0.0 in a function argument: static inline double sign_flat(double v) { if (v == 0.0) return 0.0; return v; } But when compiling with the Intel Compiler icc at optimization level -O2 or higher the above still produces -0.0. This raises two questions: 1. is the compiler free to convert above function into a NOP? 2. does anyone know a work-around or even more suitable formulation to achieve the same? Preferably not some integer operations using signbit since our main system is a Power6 which...

Network 0.0.0.0 needed?
When redistributing a default route learned via EIGRP into BGP it seems the route will not propagate into the BGP table unless you have network 0.0.0.0 configured under BGP. Does anyone know why this is necessary? A safety measure perhaps? Thanks! You can also do this with a "neighbor x.x.x.x default-originate" command under "router bgp" BGP was designed for the Internet, where there is no default-route. Scott "Paul Thompson" <shinobi2@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:v5o2t2dpq2653k37q2ki830dsae2728n5q@4ax.com... > When redistributing a default...

route 0.0.0.0 twice
Hi, I some doubts question regarding a Cisco config. In the config I can see the following two lines: ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.2 I know that these addresses are active in two interfaces. We had a 2Mbit connection that was upgraded to 4 Mbit. Our ISP told us to add the routes and that with those two routes we would be able to use the two links as one. Is this true with Cisco's CEF? My question is: 1. what's the route selected by the packets? Thanks, NC Nuno Cristelo wrote: > Hi, > > I some doubts question regarding a C...

TCP 0.0.0.0.3965
Does anybody know what this ip is ? TCP 0.0.0.0.3965 Please reply, thank you "Mike Xu" <mxu@emscan.com> wrote in message news:41A7778C.7B95B9EB@emscan.com... > Does anybody know what this ip is ? > TCP 0.0.0.0.3965 I beleive this is IP 0.0.0.0 port 3965. AFAIK IP 0.0.0.0 is an invalid IP address, usually an unassigned one. > Please reply, thank you > ...

What is the significance of 0.0.0.0 as a gateway?
I have a cable router/firewall for my small LAN, and it allows several computers to access the internet. It is a Linksys BEFSX41DS. My LAN is wired, FWIW. I have looked at the routing table within the router: Routing Table Entry List Destination Mask Gateway Hops Interface 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.x 1 WAN x.x.x.x 255.255.252.0 0.0.0.0 1 WAN 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0 1 LAN I've obscured my cable modem's unique IP address wi...

what is telnet 0.0.0.0 supposed to do?
Hi all. on windows it seems to be an illegal address, on solaris/linux it gives you a login on the localhost. could someone point to some more info on 0.0.0.0 ? yes, I already googled. On Jul 30, 7:08=A0am, adirtymindisajoyforever <getridofthes...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi all. > > on windows it seems to be an illegal address, on solaris/linux it > gives you > a login on the localhost. > > could someone point to some more info on 0.0.0.0 ? In principle, if you mean 0.0.0.0 as a destination address, it could just as well be illegal. I don't t...

dhclient leasing 0.0.0.0
hi, OS: FreeBSD 4.9-Release im starting the dhclient at bootup from the rc.conf file. in the process list it shows as: /sbin/dhclient -pf /var/run/dhclient.ed1.pid ed1 the ipaddress leased shows: # ifconfig -a .... faith0: flags=8002<BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 ed1: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 inet 0.0.0.0 netmask 0xff000000 broadcast 255.255.255.255 ether 00:02:dd:1f:10:89 after killing the dhclient process and starting it again with: # dhclient everything is fine and i get a working ipaddress. my dhcp confi...

Web resources about - *.so , *.la , *.a , *.so.0.0.0 , *.so.1.0.0 ... - comp.lang.c

Schlafly: GOP Must Block All Obama Judicial Nominees, Strip Courts Of Funding And Power
Right-wing activist Phyllis Schlafly wrote today that Justice Antonin Scalia’s death is “a terrible loss for our Nation” and “a reason for Republicans ...

Kanye West gets 'humble' and admits: 'My number-one enemy has been my ego'
Kanye West has been tweeting a lot lately, following the release of his latest album "The Life of Pablo." He's covered topics from his " personal ...

China Deploys Missiles On Disputed South China Sea Islands — Country Downplays Report, But U.S. Remains ...
China has apparently deployed missiles on the disputed artificial islands in the South China Sea. While the country’s senior leadership attempted ...

Fox Sports Inks 5-Year Virtual Reality Pact With NextVR
Todd Spangler / Variety : Fox Sports Inks 5-Year Virtual Reality Pact With NextVR — Fox Sports plans to bring a host of live virtual-reality ...

Jury Picked for Man in Islamic State Cartoon Contest Attack
A jury has been selected for the trial of an Arizona man charged with supporting the Islamic State terrorist group and helping plan a violent ...

'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' adds Kurt Russell, starts shooting
"I am stoked," director James Gunn says as official photography on the Marvel sequel begins.

Grammys Producers Respond to Natalie Cole In Memoriam Backlash
Grammys execs are responding to Natalie Cole ‘s family and friends, who expressed “outrage” over her In Memoriam at the show on Monday (February ...

The People's Champion at the Westminster Dog Show Was This Treat-Focused Leonberger
This Leonberger wants his treats... #westminsterdogshow https://t.co/7v71LOIst6 — Curt Mosdell (@MrSDHab) February 17, 2016 Submitted by: Unknown ...

Utility Pleads Not Guilty in Los Angeles-Area Gas Leak
Southern California Gas Co. has pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor charges involving a massive leak of natural gas from a well near a Los Angeles ...

Twitter will now help you find the perfect GIF
With a new search tool, you can pepper your tweets and messages with GIFs without any extra work.