Convert DBF file to text file.

I need to convert DBF file to a pipe delmited text file. Can somebody
guide me with a sample C program that does this kind of conversion.

Thanks,
Abhi.
0
abid7575 (1)
1/22/2004 7:41:59 PM
comp.lang.c 30657 articles. 4 followers. spinoza1111 (3246) is leader. Post Follow

abid <abid7575@yahoo.com> spoke thus:

> I need to convert DBF file to a pipe delmited text file. Can somebody
> guide me with a sample C program that does this kind of conversion.

(Unlikely here, but read on...)

http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/u/dj3vande/clc/clc-welcome.txt

Christopher Benson-Manica  | I *should* know what I'm talking about - if I
ataru(at)cyberspace.org    | don't, I need to know.  Flames welcome.
0
ataru (1609)
1/22/2004 7:54:48 PM
abid wrote:

> I need to convert DBF file to a pipe delmited text file. Can somebody
> guide me with a sample C program that does this kind of conversion.

Define DBF.  Define pipe.  Define delmited.  Or point to the
places in the C standard that do so.  Has it got something to do
with deleting mites that crawl through a lead pipe?

   <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>  USE worldnet address!

0
cbfalconer (19194)
1/23/2004 1:52:24 AM
abid wrote:

> I need to convert DBF file to a pipe delmited text file. Can somebody
> guide me with a sample C program that does this kind of conversion.

As in Informix? Why do this in C? You can easily do it in FoxPro, dBASE,
Clipper or whatever you used to make the .dbf files. If you don't have
xBASE tools and you really have to read the .dbf blind and make a pipe
delimited text file of it, you have a non trivial task at hand.

Faced with this situation some time ago, I identified the files of
interest to be .dbf, .txt, .sdf, .pip and wrote a suite of C programs to
convert one to another: d2p, p2d, d2t, d2s, etc. If you have some
commercial interest in these conversions I might be hired to do it for
you. If you just want to pick my brain, ask specific questions.
--
Joe Wright                                 http://www.jw-wright.com
                    --- Albert Einstein ---

http://www.wotsit.org