write code like:

int main(void)
{
int a=10;
if(a<20)
{}
}

Compiler ok on dev-cpp . don't we have to add a ";"  after if
statement?

0
arden1019 (9)
9/8/2006 4:46:21 AM
comp.lang.c 30657 articles. 4 followers. spinoza1111 (3246) is leader. Post Follow

marsarden said:

> write code like:
>
> int main(void)
> {
> int a=10;
> if(a<20)
> {}
> }
>
> Compiler ok on dev-cpp . don't we have to add a ";"  after if
> statement?

The syntax for 'if' is:

if(expression) statement

There is no semicolon after the ) but before the statement.

The statement is either a normal statement (which can be empty), ending in a
semicolon:-

  if(expr)
    foo();

  if(expr)
    ;

or a list of zero or more statements enclosed in braces:

  if(expr)
  {
    foo();
    bar();
  }

  if(expr)
  {
  }

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
Richard Heathfield wrote:
> marsarden said:
>
> > write code like:
> >
> > int main(void)
> > {
> > int a=10;
> > if(a<20)
> > {}
> > }
> >
> > Compiler ok on dev-cpp . don't we have to add a ";"  after if
> > statement?
>
> The syntax for 'if' is:
>
> if(expression) statement
>
> There is no semicolon after the ) but before the statement.
>
> The statement is either a normal statement (which can be empty), ending in a
> semicolon:-
>
>   if(expr)
>     foo();
>
>   if(expr)
>     ;
>
> or a list of zero or more statements enclosed in braces:
>
>   if(expr)
>   {
>     foo();
>     bar();
>   }
>
>   if(expr)
>   {
>   }
>

> --
> Richard Heathfield
> "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
> http://www.cpax.org.uk
> email: rjh at above domain (but drop the www, obviously)

Thx alot .

0
arden1019 (9)

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirements below. Title: Database/ETL Developer Duration: 6 months Location: NY Exp: 7+ Locals preferred Database/ETL requirements (Mandatory) Candidate must have worked with financial instruments, preferably Mutual Funds but, Equities are also ok. PL/SQL - packages, Stored procs, Functions, Aggregate functions, Pipelined Functions Informatica 8.6 - especially complex mappings, complex maplets, complex workflows, transformations Oracle 10g/11g Unix/Linux shell scripting Database/ETL requirements (Optional) ...

about "++" and "--"

"or" and "and"

"out" and "in out"

"/a" is not "/a" ?

"my" and "our"

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

why "::", not "."

A problem about "[ ]" "( )" "="

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

Web resources about - Does it need a ";" at the very after of "if" and "for" - comp.lang.c