error C2197 error

Hello

I am getting this error:

error C2197: 'long (__stdcall *)(void)' : too many actual parameters
Error executing cl.exe.

The offending line is:

        if ((lResult = (*pfnGetProviderList)(0x00020000,
pProviderList)) != 0)  // this one
        {
            goto ProviderInstall_freeProviderList;
        }

I am converting this C code into C++.  Is the problem that compiler
does not understand the parameters required for pfnGetProviderList?
How can I fix?

0
anguscomber (130)
2/14/2007 5:41:35 PM
comp.lang.c 30657 articles. 3 followers. spinoza1111 (3246) is leader. Post Follow

Angus wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am getting this error:
>
> error C2197: 'long (__stdcall *)(void)' : too many actual parameters
> Error executing cl.exe.
>
> The offending line is:
>
>         if ((lResult = (*pfnGetProviderList)(0x00020000,
> pProviderList)) != 0)  // this one
>         {
>             goto ProviderInstall_freeProviderList;
>         }
>
> I am converting this C code into C++.  Is the problem that compiler
> does not understand the parameters required for pfnGetProviderList?
> How can I fix?

Specific implementations and their diagnostics are off-topic for this
group, but see the following link:

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/117428>

0
santosh.k83 (3969)
2/14/2007 6:13:59 PM
Angus wrote, On 14/02/07 17:41:
> Hello
>
> I am getting this error:
>
> error C2197: 'long (__stdcall *)(void)' : too many actual parameters
> Error executing cl.exe.

This error message says the function does not take any parameters.

> The offending line is:
>
>         if ((lResult = (*pfnGetProviderList)(0x00020000,
> pProviderList)) != 0)  // this one

Here you pass a parameter.

>         {
>             goto ProviderInstall_freeProviderList;
>         }
>
> I am converting this C code into C++.  Is the problem that compiler
> does not understand the parameters required for pfnGetProviderList?
> How can I fix?

Either don't pass the function any parameters as it does not expect any
or define/declare that it takes a parameter.

Of course, if you want to know about how to do thing in C++ you should
go down the hall past the water cooler to the third door on the right
where you will find comp.lang.c++ where the C++ gurus hang out.
--
Flash Gordon
0
Angus wrote On 02/14/07 12:41,:
> Hello
>
> I am getting this error:
>
> error C2197: 'long (__stdcall *)(void)' : too many actual parameters
> Error executing cl.exe.
>
> The offending line is:
>
>         if ((lResult = (*pfnGetProviderList)(0x00020000,
> pProviderList)) != 0)  // this one
>         {
>             goto ProviderInstall_freeProviderList;
>         }

    The error seems to be saying that you've provided more
arguments than the function expects.  Specifically, you've
provided two arguments and the function appears to expect
no arguments.

> I am converting this C code into C++.  Is the problem that compiler
> does not understand the parameters required for pfnGetProviderList?
> How can I fix?

    It looks like pfnGetProviderList is probably a pointer
to a function.  Since you seem convinced that the function
takes two arguments, my guess is that the type of the pointer
is wrong: You've declared it as

	long (*pfnGetProviderList)(void);

and initialized it with something like

	pfnGetProviderList = (long(*)(void))funcOfTwoArguments;

If this is the situation, then the fix is to convert the
pointer back to the actual type of the called function, with
something like

	long (*pf)(T1,T2) = (long(*)(T1,T2))pfnGetProviderList;
	if ((lResult = pf(...) ...

where T1 and T2 are the types expected by funcOfTwoArguments.

    If that's not the problem, you'll need to show us more code.

--
Eric.Sosman@sun.com
0
wrote:
> Angus wrote On 02/14/07 12:41,:

> > error C2197: 'long (__stdcall *)(void)' : too many actual parameters

> >         if ((lResult = (*pfnGetProviderList)(0x00020000,
> > pProviderList)) != 0)  // this one

> > I am converting this C code into C++.  <snip>
>
>     It looks like pfnGetProviderList is probably a pointer
> to a function.  Since you seem convinced that the function
> takes two arguments, my guess is that the type of the pointer
> is wrong: You've declared it as
>
> 	long (*pfnGetProviderList)(void);
>
> and initialized it with something like
>
> 	pfnGetProviderList = (long(*)(void))funcOfTwoArguments;

More likely he declared it like
  long (*pfnGetProviderList) () ;
which in C means 'any fixed number of types not altered by the default
promotions', and is compatible with the use -- if and only if the
actual definition (body) of the function does take those two
parameters; but in C++ means the same as (void) and does not match.

> If this is the situation, then the fix is to convert the
> pointer back to the actual type of the called function, with
> something like
>
> 	long (*pf)(T1,T2) = (long(*)(T1,T2))pfnGetProviderList;
> 	if ((lResult = pf(...) ...
>
> where T1 and T2 are the types expected by funcOfTwoArguments.

or just declare pfnGetProviderList like that in the first place.

How To Accessing C++ Class objects in C : getting error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!"
hi , i am Getting this Error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!" my Problem is i am Having C++ librabry and Appropriate .h file i want to Access Them is .c File Files..... to Be More Specific i am Creating a C++ Object in a C file... this Giving me the error!!! :( can Any Body Please Help me How to Access the C++ object in C file... Thanks In Advance :) Hi, > How to Access the C++ object in C file... Please have a look at the following page http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/mixing-c-and-cpp.html Regards On Jan 7, 11:17=A0am, "sachinv1...@gmail.com" <sachinv1...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi , > i am Getting this Error > fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!" > my Problem is i am Having C++ librabry and Appropriate .h file > i want to Access Them is .c File Files..... > to Be More Specific i am Creating a C++ Object in a C file... > this Giving me the error!!! :( > > can Any Body Please Help me > > How to Access the C++ object in C file... > Thanks In Advance :) In general, you can't. You can provide a procedural interface instead, and declare it in a header file like this: #ifdef __cplusplus extern "C" { #endif void some_function(int, char*, double); // or whatever #ifdef __cplusplus } #endif This can then be included from both C and C++. On Jan 7, 4:32=A0pm, tragomaskhalos <dave.du.verg...@logicacmg.com> wrote: > On Jan 7, 11:17=A0am, "...

[Urgent]: How To Accessing C++ Class objects in C : getting error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!"
hi , i am Getting this Error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!" my Problem is i am Having C++ librabry and Appropriate .h file i want to Access Them is .c File Files..... to Be More Specific i am Creating a C++ Object in a C file... this Giving me the error!!! :( can Any Body Please Help me How to Access the C++ object in C file... Thanks In Advance :) "sachinv1821@gmail.com" <sachinv1821@gmail.com> writes: > How to Access the C++ object in C file... > Thanks In Advance :) You'd be better off asking in comp.lang.c++. I know this sounds...

When is an error not an error?
When it's OSS slopware, of course. http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: > When it's OSS slopware, of course. > > http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png > Well, some time ago I had a problem with OE - too long reference line to other posts, and OE of course refused to send... then crashed. Should I name it a feature? -- Andrea On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 03:25:29 +0200, Andrea wrote: > On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: >> When it's OSS slopware, of course. >> >> http:/...

When is an error not an error?
The Java language specification claims in: 8.8.7.1 Explicit Constructor Invocations .... "If an anonymous class instance creation expression appears within an explicit constructor invocation statement, then the anonymous class may not refer to any of the enclosing instances of the class whose constructor is being invoked." Helpfully it gives an example: "For example: class Top { int x; class Dummy { Dummy(Object o) {} } class Inside extends Dummy { Inside() { super(new Object() { int r = x; }); // error } Inside(final int y) { super(new Object() { int r = y; }); // correct } } } " Notice the word 'error' in the comment. This example compiles without error and produces the correct code. In what sense is it an 'error'? It is not a compiler error, it is not a runtime error. To quote Douglas Adams "this must be some new meaning of the word 'error' with which I am unfamiliar". Any idea what's gone wrong? In article <gepkhr$rop$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk>, Anon <blackhole@nowhere.com> wrote: > The Java language specification claims in: > 8.8.7.1 Explicit Constructor Invocations [<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/classes.html#8.8. 7.1>] > Notice the word 'error' in the comment. This example compiles without > error and ...

Error directing BCP In errors to error file
Greetings, I am trying to bcp in data to a table which is in different server . Though the bcp in works fine but the error file is not being created and rejected records are not being directyd to the error file. Query looks like: bcp <db>..test_b_plan_cp in /home/file_out.txt -c -t '|' -S *****-U ****** -P ******-I /home/bcp2db_sql.ini -e /home/bcp2db.error. Can someone please help? TIA. Regards, Rajpreet ...

(assert-error) tests errors and error messages
I wrote (assert-error) to make sure that a function generates an error, and verify the error message. What do you think? Below is the definition and a few test cases, for Emacs 22.1.50. (require 'cl) (defmacro assert-error (form &optional regexp) "FORM must signal an error. Signal an error otherwise. Additionally, the error message must match REGEXP. Case is ignored while matching REGEXP." (let ((msg (make-symbol "msg")) (ok (make-symbol "ok")) (res (make-symbol "res"))) `(let ((,ok nil)) (condition-case err ;; Evaluate FORM and save the result. (set ',res ,form) (error ;; This runs when FORM signals an error of any kind. (set ',ok t) (set ',msg (error-message-string err)))) (unless ,ok (error "Did not signal an error: %s (returned %s)" ',form ,res)) (when ,regexp ;; Here we know that FORM signaled an error, and that the ;; caller wants to check the error message. (unless (let ((case-fold-search t)) (string-match ,regexp ,msg)) (error "Error message does not match \"%s\": \"%s\"" ,regexp ,msg)))))) ;; Test assert-error, mostly by running it against itself. (assert-error (assert-error nil) "did not signal.*nil") (assert-error (assert-error t) "\\bt\\b") (as...

Error 8 Compilation Error. File permission error or DMA hardware error detected
I just upgraded my Labview code to Labview 8.5 from LV8.2.1 Then I tried to compile&nbsp;my code to get an .exe file I keep getting the following error, &nbsp; Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference: Error 8 occurred at Write to Text File in AB_Engine_Update_INI_Header.vi-&gt;AB_Application.lvclass:Create_INI_File.vi-&gt;AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi-&gt;AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi-&gt;AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi-&gt;AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi-&gt;AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi-&gt;AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi-&gt;AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller Possible reason(s): LabVIEW:&nbsp; File permission error. You do not have the correct permissions for the file.=========================NI-488:&nbsp; DMA hardware error detected. C:\UserData\LabView\IFX Interop Test exe\GMXiTest.ini &nbsp; I never have this problem if I compile using LV8.2.1. Please help! Thanks. &nbsp; hi there just to be sure: has 8.5 been installed under an other account than yours? make sure you have the windows access rigths to the LabVIEW - folder. Hi, Yes I have administrator rights on the PC. It was installed with full R/W permission. I saw in the forum that others are having the same problem and tried this work-around mentioned but it did not work. <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=172537&amp;query...

Error upon Error...
anyone seen this error before: > Can't load '/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/PA-RISC2.0/auto/DB_File/DB_File.sl' for module DB_File: No such file or directory at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/PA-RISC2.0/XSLoader.pm line 83. > at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/PA-RISC2.0/DB_File.pm line 236 I'm just trying to run this script: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use DB_File; print "Hello World!\n" all three of the files exist on the system....why is it saying this. (there are a few scripts that I have that want to use DB_File and they all say this.... that's why I j...

Problem with C++ Compiling Error ld: Unresolved Error

SQL Errors: Where is the error?
I have just finished -- I hope I have finished -- some changes to one program of mine that has some hairy SQL. One of the SQL statments is 40 lines long. Granted it could be shorter vertically, but it is still 852 characters long. Occasionally -- read "All too often" -- while wrestling with this program, there would be an error in my SQL syntax. VFP is not terribly helpful with such error messages as Syntax error. Command is missing required clause. These are not terribly useful. Sometimes, I have hunted for minutes before realising that...

error: error sending
Hi, I hope somebody can help me. For sending mail I configured alpine with the following line: smtp.web.de/tls/user=xxxxxxx@web.de . But every time I tried the message "error sending" occured. To figure out more details I added the parameter debug, but there was no file .pine-debug. After reading the manual I tried: alpine -d 5 and got the message: Argument Error: unknown flag "d", debugging not compiled in Before downloading the source and compile it by my self, I thought I should ask you guys for help. My pine version: alpine-2.00-5.fc11.i586 Best regards Chris...

@@Error not catching error.
Hi all, I want to catch error in stored procedure and return error message. I want to catch error 'Syntax error converting the varchar value 'a' to a column of data type int.' Means error occuring if i enter wrong value. Say suppose i have statment like select * from emp where rowid = 'a' PRINT @@ERROR print 'reach' here rowid is integer value so i am getting above mention error. So what i am expecting is it should print error and then print 'reach' which is not happening. can anyone tell me reason behind this and how to overcome this problem. than...

Problem with C++ Compiling Error ld: Unresolved Error

error with ERROR function
Hi all, I'm getting an error when I use the "error" function. Here is the error message: ---------------------------------------- ??? Index exceeds matrix dimensions. Error in ==> C:\MATLAB6p5p1\mese\user_functions\ssave.m On line 765 ==> error('ERROR e43: Initial Operating Point file cannot be found'); ---------------------------------------- What matrix is it refering to? thanks, SK "Saif K" <buckeyeforever2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eee53de.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi all, > > I'm getting an error when I use the &quo...

Problems with ld: Unresolved error C++ compiling error
Hi Everyone, > The problem that I have involves program that searches for a certain string within a file. As seen in the code, I have declared a Strings class which overrides the string class in C++. Inside of this class, it has a function called findStr (replaces the find in string.h) which will return a 0 when it is able to find an occurrence within the file. If not, it will return a -1. The Strings.h has the function Get_Line which is defined and the error is shown below: Strings.h: void get_line( istream & ); > ld: Unresolved: > String::get_line(std::ba...

general: error: socket.c:1577: unexpected error: #2
I recently [8/1/2009] upgraded to 9.5.1P3. Last evening there were two brief moments that the named process was not resolving out of cache. This is a recursive only server that is basically opened to all clients, mostly for historical reasons. The named process recovered on its own. While I have seen references to old bugs/issues https://lists.isc.org/mailman/htdig/bind-users/2005-January/055224.html This seems to be something different. We're [still] on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3. Any advice on what to investigate? Thanks- -Michael Aug 17 01:24:53 name...

Error: An error occurred while shelling out to mbuild (error code = 1).
Hi! I'm trying to create an exe file from my GUI, so that the GUI can be run on computers not having MATLAB. I'm using MATLAB 7.9.0(R2009b) and the Compiler version is 4.11(R2009b). I receive the following error message when using deploytool: mkdir 'C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy\distrib' Warning: Directory already exists. mkdir 'C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy\src' Warning: Directory already exists. mcc -F C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy.prj mcc -o 'test_deploy' -W 'WinMain:test_deploy' -d 'C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy\src' -T 'link:exe' -v 'C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy.m' Compiler version: 4.11 (R2009b) Processing include files... 2 item(s) added. Processing directories installed with MCR... The file C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy\src\mccExcludedFiles.log contains a list of functions excluded from the CTF archive. 2 item(s) added. Generating MATLAB path for the compiled application... Created 40 path items. Begin validation of MEX files: Wed Sep 08 17:59:41 2010 End validation of MEX files: Wed Sep 08 17:59:41 2010 Parsing file "C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy.m" (Referenced from: "Compiler Command Line"). Pars...

Re: error mech.c: 233 type error: pointer expected
Hello, I have the same kind of problems that you had some time ago: figuring out how to address the input/output of a C S-function. If you figured that out it would be great to let me know what exactly did you do. I am also not a good programmer but I can understand some C code. My S-functions deliver some nasty segment violation and I just can't figure out what is wrong. Thank you! mihai.gherman@gmx.de ...

Re: BIND9 error in FreeBSD
> I have been having some issues with getting BIND 9.3 to work nicely on a > FreeBSD 5.3 box. It's configured to run in a chroot jail under the > /chroot directory, and when I run it, it seems to load fine, but during > the load process, I get these messages: > > Aug 16 16:28:36 [PROTECTED] named[13811]: starting BIND 9.3.1 -u named > -t /chroot -c /etc/named.conf > Aug 16 16:28:36 [PROTECTED] named[13811]: command channel listening on > 127.0.0.1#953 > Aug 16 16:28:36 [PROTECTED] named[13811]: errno2result.c:109: unexpected > error: > Aug 16 16:28:36 [PROTECTED] named[13811]: unable to convert errno to > isc_result: 6: Device not configured > > While this doesn't appear to be affecting the nameserver, I'm trying to > avoid errors at all (especially "unexpected" errors). Has anyone > encountered anything like this at all? I've done the standard google > searching and only found one instance where there was a similar problem, > but that was chroot going to the wrong directory. That doesn't appear to > be the case with this one... > > /Chris Look at your mount options for the chroot area. In particular "nodev". Mark -- Mark Andrews, ISC 1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews@isc.org ...

How to show an error text for File system or Pathway error in C program
I want to display the error texts which the TACL ERROR command show from a C program. Code snippet which is NOT working: int error_number=902; printf("Error number %d, error text %s\n",error_number,strerror(error_number)); This compiles and runs fine, but the output is rather disappointing: > >Error number 902, error text (Guardian or User Defined Error 902) > Duh. Is there any way to get a meaningful error text here? Thx, Thomas Burg On 3/27/2015 6:59 AM, comforte21thomas@gmail.com wrote: > I want to display the error texts which the TACL ERROR co...

Kernel compile errors for 2.6.9
I installed RHEL4 Update 4 on my laptop (kernel 2.6.9-42) and am trying to just educate myself on the process of compiling a new kernel. What better way to do this than just go through a exercise, right? So i download the kernel 2.6.9 from kernel.org. I then attempt to configure it using the same .config file from my existing, working kernel. I make bzImage. And then i attempt to compile all modules. This is where I keep getting the following errors: drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_os.c: In function `qla2x00_queuecommand': drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_os.c:315: sorry, unimplemented: inlining faile...

How to change 'On Error Goto ArreurA' with 'On Error Goto ArreurB' without error if an error occured?
Exemple: On Error Goto ErreurA Picture = LoadPicture(VarName1) On Error Goto ErreurB Picture = LoadPicture(VarName2) exit sub ErreurA: msgbox "ErreurA= VarName1" exit sub ErreurB: msgbox "ErreurB= VarName2" Exit sub If an error occudes with Picture = LoadPicture(VarName2) it cause an error and the program stop there without error message. What code line must I add? Raymond H. "Raymond H." <divers_rh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:TuHRc.6180$a65.235836@news20.bellglobal.com... > Exemple: > > On Error Goto ErreurA > Picture = LoadPicture(VarName1) > On Error Goto ErreurB > Picture = LoadPicture(VarName2) > exit sub > ErreurA: > msgbox "ErreurA= VarName1" > exit sub > ErreurB: > msgbox "ErreurB= VarName2" > Exit sub > > If an error occudes with > Picture = LoadPicture(VarName2) > it cause an error and the program stop there without error message. What > code line must I add? In the IDE, go to Tools->Options->General Tab. Select 'Break on Unhandled Errors'. Hello, this error occure even with the exe. I think it miss a code line in my projet but I don't know wich one. r.h. "Peter Young" <youngpa@comcast.no.net.spam.please> a �crit dans le message de news:eBMRc.229775$%_6.160126@attbi_s01... > > "Raymond H." <divers_rh...

Error: Windows SDK function returned an error. (Error code -12)
I receive this error when attempting to build an installer for my Labview application. &nbsp; &nbsp; CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller &gt;&gt; CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_InstallerConfiguration_Editor.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_Build_Invoke.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_Engine_Main.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_Engine_Build.vi &gt;&gt; NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFDistCopyList_CopyItem.vi Loading product deployment informationLoading product deployment informationAdding files to installerDone adding filesPreparing to build deploymentCopying products from distributionsCopying distribution 'NI-DAQ 8.0.1' from: D:\ to: C:\DARTS\ATS_TE_Project\DARTS_NI-DAQ_HP3561A_Dynamic_Signal_Analyzer\Installer\&nbsp;***************** Error: Windows SDK function returned an error. (Error code -12)The system cannot find the file specified. *** End Error Report**************&nbsp;Done building deployment Hi rich hilt- &nbsp; Please see the following discussion forum.&nbsp; It documents the exact same error and lists steps to resolve the problem. &nbsp; <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=214393&amp;requireLogin=False" target="_blank">I am having problems with an application built in LV 8.0 as well as LV8.2 compiling correctly when building the installer</a> &nbsp; Hope this helps! I removed every installation NI-DAQ from my system and downloaded and installed D...

I have a problem. My VI is showing a error, but in the error list they say error = 0
The arrow is broken, but the error list is clear. I can't see the error and I can't run the VI. Someone have some suggest? Hello Luis i have seen this behaviour by myself after changing a StrictTypedef and save/closing it without "Apply Changes". Maybe a Masscompile helps. greetings chris Thank you Chris. How do you have the solution? ...

Web resources about - error C2197 error - comp.lang.c

Error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word error entails different meanings and usages relative to how it is conceptually applied. The concrete meaning of the Latin word "error" ...

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

Scott Morrison under fire after BIS Shrapnel report used to attack Labor contained crucial error
... negative gearing policy, after the report's authors clarified it was prepared before Labor's policy was announced and contained crucial errors. ...

Porsche sees error of ways, next 911 GT3 to offer manual transmission
Filed under: Porsche , Coupe , Performance The man behind the Porsche 911 GT3 says the next generation of the high performer will get an optional ...

Herbalife sinks on database error report
Herbalife said it had overstated growth in the number of "active new members" in some instances in the past three quarters due to database errors. ...

Lee Daniels Admits 'Empire' Suffered From 'Growing Pains' in Season 2: 'It's Trial and Error'
Lee Daniels Admits 'Empire' Suffered From 'Growing Pains' in Season 2: 'It's Trial and Error'

80004005: Why Error Messages Are Still So *&%$#! Indecipherable
... There's a good chance the engineers are too. If you've ever been vexed by a phone, tablet, or PC, chances are you've bumped into an error code. ...

A Basic Spelling Error Cost These Hackers Nearly $1 Billion
Most spelling mistakes are innocent, fleeting, and only mildly embarrassing. Then there are the ones that result in a loss of over $800 million ...

FBI Admits Error In San Bernardino iPhone Case, Apple Still Not Unlocking Phone
The FBI has admitted an error in the case involving the San Bernardino iPhone, while Apple continues to refuse to break into the phone. The mistake ...

Herbalife cuts 2015 growth figure in half, blaming database error
Herbalife Ltd., the seller of nutritional supplements currently under federal investigation as a potential pyramid scheme, overstated its worldwide ...