Hello World #3

Hello guys,
i'm a new entry in this group.

I'm a C enthusiast, though i'm not very expert actually.
I hope to learn a lot from you,

Regards.
Giuseppe
comp.lang.c 30657 articles. 5 followers. spinoza1111 (3246) is leader. Post Follow

On 8/5/2012 2:26 PM, Giuseppe Longo wrote:
> Hello guys,
> i'm a new entry in this group.
>
> I'm a C enthusiast, though i'm not very expert actually.
> I hope to learn a lot from you,

     Welcome, Giuseppe.  Read the group, read your C textbook or
other reference, read the FAQ page at <http://www.c-faq.com/>,
and you'll learn plenty.

--
Eric Sosman
esosman@ieee-dot-org.invalid

c/c++
According to installation guide C/C++ Version 6.0 needs AIX4.3.3 or higher. The attempt to install this software results in an error message missing License Use Managment Version 5.10.1.5, but my AIX4.3.3 only contains Version 4.3.3.25. Is there a possibility to solve the problem? Thanks in advance Juergen Voss. In article <bv3cnq$5fk$1@rzsun03.rrz.uni-hamburg.de>, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Voss?= <voss@rrz.uni-hamburg.de> writes: > According to installation guide C/C++ Version 6.0 needs AIX4.3.3 > or higher. The attempt to install this software results in an error > mes...

Hello #3 #3
Been away for a bit... scanning the threads I see it's SSDD around here. :-P I've been playing on Google+ the last few weeks. -- You could be reading the next message by now. [tv] On 08/22/2011 06:07 PM, Tattoo Vampire wrote: > Been away for a bit... scanning the threads I see it's SSDD around here. :-P > > I've been playing on Google+ the last few weeks. > nihil novum sub sole of course I've never fooled with Google+ though Tattoo Vampire wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties: > Been away for a bit... scanning the threads I see it's SSDD around here. :-P > > I've been playing on Google+ the last few weeks. What do you think of it? Can you compare it to Facebook? And what about Naomi? -- You will not censor me through bug terrorism. -- James Troup Tattoo Vampire wrote: > Been away for a bit... scanning the threads I see it's SSDD around here. > :-P > > I've been playing on Google+ the last few weeks. TV, missed you, wonder where you've been. Yup, you are correct. Trolling has been very thick here lately. If you want a good laugh, follow this thread starting with this message. :-P http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/2984f3dd96f2d30c -- HPT "High Plains Thumper" <hpt@invalid.invalid> schreef in bericht news:j2ut8v$tpl$2@dont-email.me... > Tattoo Vampire wrote: > >> Been away for a bit... scanning the threads I s...

A**3 + B**3 = 22 C**3
I've heard of this problem that was given to Louis De Branges de Bourcia by the president of Dupont (Irenee [Ire`ne`e] Dupont) while Louis was in his early teens (194x). Louis was caddying for his grandfather who was playing golf with Irenne. Find positive integers for A, B, and C such that: (A **3) + (B **3) = 22 * (C **3) It took Louis a year to solve it. I assume as a teenager, Louis didn't have access to any computer (such as they were back then). Louis was born in 1932 or so (he is 72 years old in 2004). Louis solved this problem the ole fashioned way...

C/3 =?Big5?B?ue+n3KSjtLqu8A==?= C/3
��ܤ�����>>>>�b�a�u�@�W�[���J www.cashcome.net �b���Gsohoman *W3 ...

C.A.F. hello at Embedded World
Hi time is flying fast so only a few days til embedded world.. I just got about 1100 pcs of UDcard spi flash PCB's that are really nice to use for FPGA configuration for give away at embedded world (giveaway is for empty PCB only) http://www.udcard.org/ this board as pictured can be assembled with max 4MByte Atmel Dataflash 4Mbyte is sufficient for many FPGA's I will be most of the time in Hall 12, booth 12-536 I do not know how long the 1100 pcs to give away will last, but i will try to keep little secret stock :) Antti ...

I cannot compile hello world with g++ in minix 3
If i do: g++ -o hello hello.cpp, I get g++: error trying to exec 'usr/gnu/libexec/gcc/i386-pc-minix/4.1.1/cc1':execv: Not enough core collect2: gcc returned 1 exit status ----------------------- I have looked at google groups for information about this, but when people fix there problem they dont bother posting the solution for anyone else to read. I cannot find any solution to this problem. All i know is that cc1 may need a adjustment with 'chmem'. Is this right? If it is right can anyone please clearly post the exact instructions needed to get g++ to work. What exact v...

CORBA Hello world example with C++0x
Hi, On ORBzone.org we are currently discussing the ideas for a new IDL to C++0x language mapping. We have just published the Hello world client example code as it could be with C++0x. Have a look and let us know your ideas. See http://www.orbzone.org/node/175 for the example. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT ...

Hello Friends #3 #3
Buy Computer Accessories today. Hurry up! www.computeraccessoriez.blogspot.com ...

[tao-users] CORBA hello world with C++0x
Hi, On ORBzone.org we are currently discussing the ideas for a new IDL to C++0x language mapping. We have just published the Hello world client example code as it could be with C++0x. Have a look and let us know your ideas. See http://www.orbzone.org/node/175 for the example. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT ...

Hello World DLL using Microsoft C++ compiler
Can someone help me write a HelloWorld dll using Microsoft's C++ compiler. It was straightforward doing it on Cygwin/g++, but it seems to be an entirely different story on the MS C++ ? In the case of using g++ ... 1.HelloWorld.h ~~~~~~~~~~~~ extern "C" void printHelloWorld(); 2.HelloWorld.cpp ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ #include <iostream> extern "C" void printHelloWorld() { std::cout << "Hello World" << std::endl; } 3.TestHW.cpp ~~~~~~~~~~~ #include "HelloWorld.h" int main() { printHelloWorld(); } Once I compile and link 2. into a dll...

Better C/C++ Than C/C++?
I am looking for a good systems programming language that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications for the language are: * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code binaries (for Windows) * open source - preferable, but not 100% necessary Thanks, Kevin "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> writes: > I am looking for a good systems programming language > that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications > for the language are: > > * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code > binaries (for Windows) Ocaml, D, cyclone, Eiffel, Beta > * open source - preferable, but not 100% necessary what's wrong with using C? Friedrich > what's wrong with using C? Too low level, no built-in garbage collection. -- Kevin "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> writes: >> what's wrong with using C? > > Too low level, Well the Smalltalk people say, have a small language and a big library. I assume C's library status beyond that of Smalltalk. > no built-in garbage collection. Use the Boehm Weisser GC. Friedrich "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> wrote in message news:<2TiYb.237892$rj7.1641209@twister.tampabay.rr.com>... > I am looking for a good systems programming language > that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications > for the language are: > > * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code > binaries (for Windows) > ...

Compile C on AIX 5.3 and run on AIX 4.3.3
We are running AIX 5.3 (64 bit kernal). We develop using the IBM XL C compiler version 7. For one site we need to run on AIX 4.3.3. Can we compile on AIX 5.3 and run on AIX 4.3.3? Loial wrote: > For one site we need to run on AIX 4.3.3. Can we compile on AIX 5.3 > and run on AIX 4.3.3? No. The general rule is that you compile and build on the earliest level you need to support. Is it not possible to set compiler options to generate code that will run on AIX 4.3.3? On 13 Feb, 15:11, "Gary R. Hook" <n...@nospammers.net> wrote: > Loial wrote: > > For one site...

using Orbix 3.3 and Orbix 6.3 C++ libraries in the same application on Linux.
Hi All, Im pretty new to Corba and Orbix. And i have at hand an application which was using Orbix 3.0.1. I have kind of migrated it to Orbix 3.3. The issue is that it has a dependency on another 3rd party software which uses orbix 6.3. I was able to link fine, first linking the 3.3 ones with the application code and then the 6.3 libraries at the end to the linker. I have the binary, but i get several kind of errors when i try to bind/connect to another orbix 3.3 server. Sometimes it connects tooo. =========================================================== Here the _bind gives an exc...

[tao-announce] First IDL to C++0x Hello world client ready!
Hi all, Remedy IT has completed the first IDL to C++0x Hello world client. Using TAO as underlying ORB the Remedy IT team has been able to compile and run the new client against a regular TAO server. The example client code with the client stub header is made available at the Remedy IT OSportal website which you can find online at https://osportal.remedy.nl/ For more information regarding the IDL to C++0x language mapping check the discussion forums at http://www.orbzone.org. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT http://www.theaceorb.nl ...

[ciao-users] First IDL to C++0x Hello world client ready!
Hi all, Remedy IT has completed the first IDL to C++0x Hello world client. Using TAO as underlying ORB the Remedy IT team has been able to compile and run the new client against a regular TAO server. The example client code with the client stub header is made available at the Remedy IT OSportal website which you can find online at https://osportal.remedy.nl/ For more information regarding the IDL to C++0x language mapping check the discussion forums at http://www.orbzone.org. Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT http://www.theaceorb.nl ...

Understand process and thread concept through "hello world" c program.
Hi All, This is my first post. I want to understand process and thread concept through "hello world" c program mention below: main() { printf("hello world"); } When I run this program in visual studio, please tell me what is process and thread in this program. On Tuesday, May 8th, 2012, at 02:07:12h -0700, Neeraj wrote: > When I run this program in visual studio Visual Studio is a Microsoft Windows program. This newsgroup is for Linux Operating System related topics, hence the name comp.os.linux.misc Please post your question to an appropriate news group, eg comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc or other Microsoft Windows news group. Neeraj <neerajsahu2003@gmail.com> writes: > This is my first post. > I want to understand process and thread concept through "hello world" > c program mention below: > > main() > { > printf("hello world"); > } > > When I run this program in visual studio, please tell me what is > process and thread in this program. There's only one thread in that program, making the thread/process distinction invisible. However, if you're still on 'hello world' then you really shouldn't be thinking about threads yet. -- http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/ Richard Kettlewell wrote: > Neeraj <neerajsahu2003@gmail.com> writes: >> I want to understand process and thread concept through &q...

Exposing a C++ dll to c# #3
Using the .NET framework. I have created a win32 console application DLL as my project type which I created a class inside that I want to expose to c# In c# I am able to add the dll as a resource and execute the code, but the methods in the DLL are at least 1000% slower. Any ideas why this may be happening? ...

[wxWidget2.6.3, Debian testing, G++ 4.2.1] Hello World with Segment Fault Problem
Hello Everybody: I'm a wxWidget newbie, when I follow the tutorial in the wxwidget website and i got a segment fault when i close the window, I'm using Debian testing, wxWidget ver is 2.6.3.2.1.5(Debian testing package), the following is the code: wxTestApp.h ========================== #include "wx/wx.h" #include "wxTestFrame.h" #ifndef _WXTEST_APP_H #define _WXTEST_APP_H class wxTestApp : public wxApp { virtual bool OnInit(); }; //IMPLEMENT_APP_NO_MAIN(wxTestApp) IMPLEMENT_APP(wxTestApp) #endif ========================== wx...

How is C&C: Red Alert 3?
It is out today. :) -- "All the best work is done the way that ants do things -- by tiny but untiring and regular additions." --Lafcadio Hearn /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) | |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL): http://aqfl.net \ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com Ant is currently not listening to any songs on his home computer. Haven't tried it yet...i stoped caring for Red Alert gam...

Borland C/C++ Compiler 3.1
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0084_01C3D12D.B9B97B20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Folks I am in desparite need of a cp of TC 3.1 for DOS (yes DOS). Does that = version include ASM, Debugger etc Cheers, Bryan ------=_NextPart_000_0084_01C3D12D.B9B97B20 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DConten...

ATTENTION:
NONE I am a highly qualified consultant looking for a contract mission or a turn-key project in the following domains: - Software development using C/C++/C#, Java, and Perl - UML-OO Anlysis and Design - RDBMS/SQL Modelling and Implementation (Oracle, DB2, Informix, Sybase, InterBase) - Unix/Linux based system architecture and cross-platform development - Unix to/from Windows XP/NT system ports. - IT Audits. With kind regards. ...

C/C++ in MATALB or MATLAB in C/C++?
Hi I've been asking on the net how to use MEX properly so that I can use C/C++ in MATLAB, but information is not forthcoming. There seems to be a lot on using MATLAB in C/C++ but not the other way around. I understand Mathworks is trying very hard to sell the Matlab Compiler, but even so, why is it SO hard to get information about MEX? Or is it that I've missed something very fundamental, meaning that I'm struggling over something that is actually quite easy? Any thoughts and info would be great. Thanks BullDog BullDog wrote: > Hi > > I've been asking on the net ...

C/C++ in matlab and matlab in C/C++ ?
Is it possible to read C/C++ code in matlab and the other way around too? Hi, as long as C or C++ are written in text files you can edit them in the matlab editor. To see the special character of C or C++ coding language, in the editor go to menus: file>preferences>Edito/Debugger>language and on popup "Language" select "C/C++". This does not allow you to run the C/C++ code, just to view it i nicer way... regards, chris saneman <asdfsdf@asd.com> wrote in message <frl846 $f8i$2@news.net.uni-c.dk>... > Is it possible to read C/C...

Informational link related to C/C++ Language #3
For Free Download lectures and Presentation of C/C++ and many more related to the field of Computer Science. Visit http://computerscienceppt.blogspot.com/ This Blog Contains a Collection of Lectures of about more then 80 subjects related to the field of Computer Science. ...

Web resources about - Hello World #3 - comp.lang.c

SCOTUS Nominee Merrick Garland The Subject Of President, GOP, Weekly Addresses; Republic Senator Calls ...
Since President Obama announced his SCOTUS nominee, Merrick Garland, the nation — particularly politicians and pundits — has debated whether ...

South Carolina, New York State consider refugee registries
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — While Republican front-runner Donald Trump continues to make waves nationally for his comments about banning Muslims from ...

‘The dice were loaded in Hulk Hogan’s favor,' lawyers say of the Gawker trial
A Florida jury decided on Friday evening that Gawker Media must pay Hulk Hogan (Terry Bollea) $115 million in damages after running a sex tape ...

Salah Abdeslam, Alleged Paris Terrorist, Is Cooperating With Authorities, Will Fight Extradition To France ...
Salah Abdeslam, the last surviving terrorist believed responsible for the November 13, 2015 terrorist attacks in Paris, is said to be cooperating ...

Suicide bomb attack in Istanbul kills 5, including Israeli
Fox News Suicide bomb attack in Istanbul kills 5, including Israeli Fox News ISTANBUL – A suicide attack on Istanbul's main pedestrian shopping ...

2nd Round NCAA Tournament Best Bets Against the Spread
After my best two-day run ever in the NCAA Tournament – 13-3-1 – the regression to the mean will surely hurt in the second round. Here’s who ...

Let us loop you in: Live chat of Apple's March 21 event
Spring is upon us, so you know what that means: It’s time for a product update from Apple. So, what could they be announcing this time? A 4-inch ...

Texas Girl Whose Father Was Slain Died From Gunshot Wounds
Medical examiners say the 14-year-old Houston-area girl whose body was found in a grassy field in west Houston died from gunshot wounds

Pope Francis Joins Instagram, Gains 157,000 Followers In One Hour
The pope has joined Instagram, under the @franciscus Instagram handle, and within one hour, the verified account of Pope Francis gained more ...

Khloe Kardashian Runs from Photographers While In Disguise with Kendall & Kylie Jenner!
Khloe Kardashian wears a gray wig and carries a cane while running through the streets in complete disguise on Friday (March 18) in Hollywood. ...