access to clarion 2.1

Hi everyone!

I have to access to clarion 2.1 base (dos, running on windowsXP) from .NET
application.

I have no problems with export datas from DAT files to another format
(MSSQL 2000), but I must update clarion dos database from my soft (one
time per day), because clarion is still in use and some people work with
this. I haven't DEF or APP files.

I cant replace orginal DAT file by file creating in another program (this
same columns - name, type and length) because clarion throw an error.
And I try others methods, but I haven't results and ... ideas.

Please, Help !

Thank you.

Edi

0
edi_w (16)

If it was me I would write a program in Clarion for Windows that would
update the Clarion Dat file.

Clarion for Windows can read your MSSQL tables and write to you Clarion
DAT files.

Clarion for Window can also import you Clarion DAT files into it's
dictionary.  The only problem could be that you may have an OLD version
of the DAT files and may have some problems because of that.  I seem to
recall an older version of the DAT file format.  Not sure how you can
tell.

JMumf

0
jmmfrd (71)

If you can call Windows dlls from your .NET application then you can write a
dll in Clarion which will update DAT files.

Leonid Chudakov
chudakov@klarisoft.com
Cool tools and Clarion examples at
http://www.klarisoft.com
"metall" <edi_w@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone!
>
> I have to access to clarion 2.1 base (dos, running on windowsXP) from .NET
> application.
>
> I have no problems with export datas from DAT files to another format
> (MSSQL 2000), but I must update clarion dos database from my soft (one
> time per day), because clarion is still in use and some people work with
> this. I haven't DEF or APP files.
>
> I cant replace orginal DAT file by file creating in another program (this
> same columns - name, type and length) because clarion throw an error.
> And I try others methods, but I haven't results and ... ideas.
>
> Please, Help !
>
> Thank you.
>
> Edi

0
chudakov (75)
2/3/2005 1:05:07 AM
Thank you very much!

I was afraid about this. :) Soo, I have to learn Clarion for Windows. :)
Is any freeware version of Clarion Windows application?

Edi

0
edi_w (16)
2/3/2005 7:38:50 AM
Thank you for your answer!

Is any freeware tool, apllication to create Clarion application for
Windows? If not, then which version of Clarion (5 or 6, maybe another) I
have to use, to create Windows DLL ?

best regards
edi

0
edi_w (16)
2/3/2005 7:42:49 AM
Clarion 6.1.  There's no freeware version AFAIK.

This site might be usefull though:

http://www.juliasoft.com/clarion.html

--
Nick Coe (UK)
AccHelp v1.01 Access Application Help File Builder

In
metall typed:
> Thank you for your answer!
>
> Is any freeware tool, apllication to create Clarion
> application for
> Windows? If not, then which version of Clarion (5 or 6,
> maybe
> another) I have to use, to create Windows DLL ?
>
> best regards
> edi

Wow !!!

Yes, this is very usefull site!

Thank you!!

Best Regards
Edi

0
edi_w (16)

For your purposes you can use any Clarion for Windows version.
You can download C5 demo from ftp.clarion.ru/clarion/c5eval/ using clarion
as username/password

Leonid Chudakov
chudakov@klarisoft.com
Cool tools and Clarion examples at
http://www.klarisoft.com
"metall" <edi_w@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for your answer!
>
> Is any freeware tool, apllication to create Clarion application for
> Windows? If not, then which version of Clarion (5 or 6, maybe another) I
> have to use, to create Windows DLL ?
>
> best regards
> edi

0
chudakov (75)
2/3/2005 12:53:23 PM
Toen ik Leonid Chudakov kietelde, kwam er dit uit:

  ftp://clarion:clarion@ftp.clarion.ru/clarion/c5eval/

--
Affijn, Ruud   `  -  ?
               + ` ? *

0
news193 (51)
2/3/2005 2:00:57 PM
Toen ik metall kietelde, kwam er dit uit:

> I have to access to clarion 2.1 base (dos, running on windowsXP) from
> .NET application.
>
> I have no problems with export datas from DAT files to another format
> (MSSQL 2000), but I must update clarion dos database from my soft (one
> time per day), because clarion is still in use and some people work
> with this. I haven't DEF or APP files.

Can't  you create (with Clarion 2.1) a special daily synchronize-
application? Your .NET application can create textual tab-separated
datafiles, to be processed by that sync-app.

--
Affijn, Ruud   `  -  ?
               + ` ? *

0
news193 (51)
2/3/2005 2:12:24 PM
thank you for this :)

regards
edi

0
edi_w (16)
2/3/2005 2:41:16 PM
The problem is in driver to clarion 1.2 DAT files. Because i haven't any
clarion development software. But a few hours ago I found a file with
description about DAT structures. And i try to create file driver.

edi

0
edi_w (16)
2/3/2005 2:50:37 PM
thanks!

edi

0
edi_w (16)
2/3/2005 2:52:38 PM
Toen ik metall kietelde, kwam er dit uit:

> The problem is in driver to clarion 1.2 DAT files. Because i haven't
> any clarion development software. But a few hours ago I found a file
> with description about DAT structures. And i try to create file
> driver.

Clarion 2.1 comes with CCVT.EXE. It is feasible to dump the current
data into a textual datafile (or even a DBF), then use that datafile
to do the updates, and recreate from the datafile the updated DAT &
K## files.

--
Affijn, Ruud   `  -  ?
               + ` ? *

0
news193 (51)
2/3/2005 5:45:23 PM
Yes, but when I use this tool and export data to dbf and editing with MS
Access then I cannot run programm based on clarion 2.1, because it throw
famous error 47 :) Another problem is with CCTV.EXE, because I cannot run
this tool from cmd line without interaction with user. I want use CCTV
like this: "CCTV.EXE File.DAT File.DBF" and after "CCTV File.DBF
File.DAT". But CCTV doesn't support this. Exist any free tool to remove 47
ERROR?

best regards
edi

0
edi_w (16)
2/4/2005 8:46:26 AM
Hi edi

My example with the Converter utility:

CCVT.EXE t=clarion i=elkem o=dbaseIII f=elkem /v
This should convert the file ELKEM.DAT to ELKEM.DBF without showing screen
picture.
! Check the name of your EXE-file

Regards

Odd Johannesen
Granli 23
NO- 4550 FARSUND
Norway

odd@toalango.com

> Yes, but when I use this tool and export data to dbf and editing with MS
> Access then I cannot run programm based on clarion 2.1, because it throw
> famous error 47 :) Another problem is with CCTV.EXE, because I cannot run
> this tool from cmd line without interaction with user. I want use CCTV
> like this: "CCTV.EXE File.DAT File.DBF" and after "CCTV File.DBF
> File.DAT". But CCTV doesn't support this. Exist any free tool to remove 47
> ERROR?
>
> best regards
> edi

0
odd8304 (12)
2/4/2005 9:40:56 AM
On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 03:46:26 -0500, "metall" <edi_w@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Yes, but when I use this tool and export data to dbf and editing with MS
>Access then I cannot run programm based on clarion 2.1, because it throw
>famous error 47 :) Another problem is with CCTV.EXE, because I cannot run
>this tool from cmd line without interaction with user. I want use CCTV
>like this: "CCTV.EXE File.DAT File.DBF" and after "CCTV File.DBF
>File.DAT". But CCTV doesn't support this.

Yes it does.  Check the docs, but I believe you have to use I= for the
input file and O= for the output file.

>Exist any free tool to remove 47
>ERROR?

CFIL and your source code that contains the file declaration.  After
converting from DBF to DAT you get a generic DAT file that does not
match the file definition your program expects.  If you run CFIL on
it, it will convert it and your program will run perfectly.

Jason
0
jason_berkan (272)
2/4/2005 2:49:27 PM
Yes, you have right. But I have a problem with CFIL.EXE program. When I use
CCVT.EXE file for conversion DBF to DAT it produce a .TMP file with
definition of DAT file. When I try to use CFIL I have a big problem. Field
Source File want a .CLA file and I don't know what I have to type into
filed Label.

regards
edi

0
edi_w (16)
2/4/2005 8:46:03 PM
Yes, you have right. But I have a problem with CFIL.EXE program. When I use
CCVT.EXE file for conversion DBF to DAT it produce a .TMP file with
definition of DAT file. When I try to use CFIL I have a big problem. Field
Source File want a .CLA file and I don't know what I have to type into
filed Label.

regards
edi

0
edi_w (16)
2/4/2005 8:46:33 PM
On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 15:46:33 -0500, "metall" <edi_w@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Yes, you have right. But I have a problem with CFIL.EXE program. When I use
>CCVT.EXE file for conversion DBF to DAT it produce a .TMP file with
>definition of DAT file. When I try to use CFIL I have a big problem. Field
>Source File want a .CLA file and I don't know what I have to type into
>filed Label.

Do you have the source code for the program?

Jason
0
jason_berkan (272)
2/4/2005 11:00:02 PM
No, I haven't s source code and probably this is the big problem. CCVT and
CFIL I downloaded from www.
I tried to resolve my problem by creating application in Clarion 5, but
I'm not a Clarion developer and I don't know Clarion Language and IDE (for
me this is like control of space shuttle).
For me the best solution is a tool, that can be read and write into
Clarion .DAT file and not be a Clarion Application (EXE or DLL). I read
many websites and I cannot find any useful tool.
Maybe I have to create my own driver by reading binary file, extracting
header and rows and compose that again into DAT file. But this is very
riskly. Have you any other idea?

best regards
edi

0
edi_w (16)
2/5/2005 10:07:42 AM
As far as I know no utilities exist.  What you are looking for is
something like an ODBC for Clarion .DAT files, again I do not know of
one that exists.  Your simplest solution is to write a Process
application in Clarion for Windows.
It would be much harder to write a utility that would do what you want.

If you want I could write something for you, but I would need to charge
you for it (that how I make my living).
It would be possible to write something that handles a couple of tables
and you could finish the rest.  The code does not need to be that fancy
a lot of it would be done by the Templates.  It would basiclly be a few
Process Procedures with some embeded code.  When the program is run in
AutoMode it would just run, process and end.  I do this all the time.

JMumf

0
jmmfrd (71)
2/5/2005 10:06:58 PM
if it's only once a day, you might be able to use ccvt.exe to convert the
entire database to dbase, make your changes, then use ccvt.exe to convert it
back to clarion dat files.

"metall" <edi_w@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone!
>
> I have to access to clarion 2.1 base (dos, running on windowsXP) from .NET
> application.
>
> I have no problems with export datas from DAT files to another format
> (MSSQL 2000), but I must update clarion dos database from my soft (one
> time per day), because clarion is still in use and some people work with
> this. I haven't DEF or APP files.
>
> I cant replace orginal DAT file by file creating in another program (this
> same columns - name, type and length) because clarion throw an error.
> And I try others methods, but I haven't results and ... ideas.
>
> Please, Help !
>
> Thank you.
>
> Edi

0
dosprinter (51)

Migrate project from clarion 2.1 into clarion 6.x
Hello all, our company has 50 years in the market, and we used clarion 2.1 20 years ago to handle our payroll. It has worked non-stop, but right now we have to make some modifications to the program and are evaluating clarion 6.0. Basically we have two options: -Migrate the .dat files to SQL and develop the whole thing from scratch -Migrate the .dat files to clarion 6.0 dct files and try to migrate most of the code Right now we are focusing on option #2, but since we have lots of .dat files (about 20 or 30 or so) i would like to know if there is a quick way to convert every one of them to the new format. I have the documentation and read the migration document, but it basically says that i should reconstruct the dictionary and copy and paste the old code into the new code where appropiate, but doesn't explain how to migrate the data. If anyone has a resource or documentation explaining this in little more detail it would be appreciated. Basically right now i am using Data Modeler and Importing the structure from a table with the clarion 2.1 driver Hi Seguros, You have the tool DMC which is supposed to read any table and let you clone it DAT 2 SQL for example regarding the 'old' dat format as we never worked with those tables if you want us to look into this to help you out cloning to new structure, please send us an example 'old' dat structure (with key files and memo files) so that we try it out in DMC and let you know You can also try out DMC you...

Clarion 2.1 to MS-SQL conversion problems
Clarion version 5.5F I have a table defined in my dictionary that I changed from Clarion 2.1 to MS-SQL. When I try to browse the file, the IDE tells me it does not exist (correct) and asks me if I want to create it. Answering "Yes" the IDE then responds with Driver Error (1): ODBC.DLL Could not be loaded Ok (I say to self.me <g>), I'll just let the application create it, after all, it has the CREATE attribute on the definition. When trying to create the file thru my application I get the following error: Error: (Invalid Field Type Descriptor(75)) creating dbo.Customer Customer File definition is attached. Any ideas? Does anyone know why FreeAgent split that into two messages? On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:23:59 -0400, Scott Ripley <reverse-this--net [dot] casinternet [at] ripley --reverse this> wrote: >Does anyone know why FreeAgent split that into two messages? Options -> Posting Preferences Message Text is set to "Send text as a Preface message (0/N)" Which is considered good form to do, so that people can tell if they want to download the attachment without downloading the attachment. Jason Thanks for the reply Jason. So, general consensus is that I should leave it like it is? Scott On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:35:33 GMT, jason_berkan@canada.com (Jason Berkan) wrote: >On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:23:59 -0400, Scott Ripley <reverse-this--net >[dot] casinternet [at] ripley --reverse this> wrote: >>Does anyone k...

Clarion dos 2.1
IL Clarion per dos 2.1 � il PEGGIOR LINGUAGGIO DI PROGRAMMAZIONE CHE SIA MAI ESISTITO SULLA TERRA !!!! Mi aspetto adesioni OMD wrote: > Clarion for dos 2.1 is the worst programming language that > has ever existed on the earth !!! > I expect me for adhesions Sorry Marco, I have used this language for many year, with LPM integration tools, developing many professional software, some of this still in use today. I found this dos programming language very interesting. I have a very different point of view from yours. Ciao Sauro ...

LaTex equation numbering like 2.1, 2.2, also 2.0.1, 2.0,2, 2.1.1, etc
David Roach wrote: > Is there a simple command to have latex number > the equations by the section numbers automatically. > > David From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% % number equations within sections % In preamble \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Numbers within sections...I use this all the time in articles. Even works with ******************* ******************* Brilliant. And then I got numbering within subsections by repeating and editing (not replacing), so I now have:- (Just after the documentClass command) \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{subsection} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesubsection.\arabic{equation}} Bob Bob Marlow schrieb: > David Roach wrote: > >> Is there a simple command to have latex number >> the equations by the section numbers automatically. >> >> David > > From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% > > % number equations within sections > % In preamble > > \makeatletter > \@addtoreset{equation}{section} > \makeatother > \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% [more code] > Hi! I th...

Help construct a tree 1 -> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 2 -> 2.1 -> 2.1.1 etc HELP !!!!!!!
Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: '1 2.1 1.1.1 1.1.1.1 2.2.1 1.3 2 Dim Parent() As String Dim Level1() As String Dim Level2() As String Dim Level3() As String etc .. How can I construct a tree. parent, children, grand children etc... and also figure out # of children # of grand children etc Thanks "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:875cd1df-7605-45ab-9f7b-f1edec25d47b@r34g2000vbi.googlegroups.com... > Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: > > '1 > 2.1 > 1.1.1 > 1....

Borland Guru's I need help I have a text file as follows: 1 2 1.1 1.1.1 3.3 2.3 etc I cannot use a control active x tree I need to read this file and 1 is a parent 1.1 is a child of parent 1 and 2 is a parent 2.3 is a child of parent 2 and construct in search a way using arrays or probably a recursive function No xml parsing just read a file. Does any body have a function "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c1aaeb20-3c1f-408d-9986-bb8d28a87509@s31g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > I have a text file as follows: > 1 > 2 > 1.1 >...

Help construct a tree 1 -> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 2 -> 2.1 -> 2.1.1 etc HELP !!!!!!!
Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: '1 2.1 1.1.1 1.1.1.1 2.2.1 1.3 2 Dim Parent() As String Dim Level1() As String Dim Level2() As String Dim Level3() As String etc .. How can I construct a tree. parent, children, grand children etc... and also figure out # of children # of grand children etc Thanks "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:875cd1df-7605-45ab-9f7b-f1edec25d47b@r34g2000vbi.googlegroups.com... > Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: > > '1 > 2.1 > 1.1.1 > 1....

Clarion 2.1 migration/upgrade
Just started employment with a new company, that would like to vend away from their Clarion for DOS 2.1 database program, that was custom written some years ago. Here is what I know... 1. The programmers with our consulting company who originally wrote this are no longer around, or available for contact. 2. Our consulting firm does not deal with Clarion anymore (since 1998). 3. Previous administrators here have no documentation of the database whatsoever. I have been tasked to migrate the data to either an Access, FoxPro, MySql, or Sql (for a vb.net or asp.net web application) Is there any path for migrating the data into these database formats? Any other formats that are acceptable? If not, where can I get information on the structure of the database? There is a DOS executable called CCVT.EXE that came with Clarion 2.1 developer tools. It is a converter that will permit you to export all tables (files with .DAT extension) into DBASE or Comma-delimited text files. Unfortunately, this free tool has several limitations related to fields of type DATE (a LONG in Clarion) and MEMO. If you still have the .APP file for this application, or other source code files (*.CLA), then I have an "in-house" tool that will create an MsAccess database (structure only) for all tables. Are you looking for a consultant ? I have done several conversions from Clarion 2.1 Jean Lussier INFORMACCES - Montreal (Canada) "krolrules" <rkrol@ruhlin.com> wrote in ...

[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 3;....;n n n n n]
Hi, Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any loops? a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] Thank you. Hana. Hana wrote: > Hi, > Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any loops? > a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] HELP REPMAT - Randy Hana wrote: > > > Hi, > Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any > loops? > a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] > > Thank you. > Hana. Hope this isn't homework. >> repmat([1:n]'...

::: Data Conversion
I have several Clarion DOS v2.1 DOS data files with keys - .DAT and .KXX files respectively - that I'd like to convert over to Clarion 5.5 How would I go about converting this data? Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 Hi Kevin, Clarion 5.5 will read and write Clarion DOS v2.109 .dat files just fine. If the files are from a version earlier than v2.109 then deleting the key (.kxx) files and opening the files in Clarion 5.5 should convert them for you. The changes are in the keys. On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 17:11:23 GMT, Kevin Willis wrote: > I have several Clarion DOS v2.1 DOS data files with keys - .DAT and .KXX > files respectively - that I'd like to convert over to Clarion 5.5 > > How would I go about converting this data? > > Kevin Willis > klwillis.dsl@verizon.net > ICQ:32805500 Hi Kevin, Greg is right - leaving them in the Clarion data format is fine. We've done this a fiar bit when migrating dos apps to windows - we leave the data strucutres "untouched". This allows for both Dos & windows programs to work at the same time, and makes for a very smooth change-over. After that you can use File Manager 3 (www.capesoft.com) to painlessly convert it to any of the other structures that clarion offers. cheers Bruce "Gregory C. Bailey" <lanmicro@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:1eafcs476r233.1tnzabpamab0r.dlg@40tude.net... > Hi Kevin, > > Clarion 5.5 will read and write Cla...

how to "(1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) => 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2)"?
hi normal(1/(1-2*x) + x/ (1-x-x^2),expanded); 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2) => (1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) how to do the reverse? dillogimp@gmail.com writes: > normal(1/(1-2*x) + x/ (1-x-x^2),expanded); > 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2) => (1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) > how to do the reverse? convert(%,parfrac,x); -- Joe Riel ...

Upgrade Clarion 2.1 to most recent version
dear Clarion specialists, in 1991, I've been developing some Clarion apps. A very interesting tool at this time. In the meantime, my job changed. The tools I developed still work. Unfortunately, I didn't take care of the deveopments on clarion. Can anybody help: 1.) Where is Clarion sold now (web-site ?) 2.) Are upgrades from 2.1 to the newest version (I guess 6.x) possible ? 3.) How can I upgrade or convert my DOS-based 2.1 tools into a Windows-environment ? Looking araund and googling around didn't help so far. Hints are welcom. regards Markus Arn Hi Markus, answers to your questions are: 1) www.softvelocity.com 2) Last version of Clarion for windows is 6.1 3) You can convert DOS-based 21. file to new TPS (or some other datat base formats) from Clarion 6.1 Best regards Srecko from Belgrade, Serbia In article <d1knfi$2g1$1@news.hispeed.ch>, "Markus Arn \(Swissonline-News \)" <markus.arn@hispeed.ch> says... > dear Clarion specialists, > > in 1991, I've been developing some Clarion apps. A very interesting tool at > this time. In the meantime, my job changed. The tools I developed still > work. Unfortunately, I didn't take care of the deveopments on clarion. Can > anybody help: > > 1.) Where is Clarion sold now (web-site ?) http://www.softvelocity.com/ Product Description - Clarion 6 Enterprise Edition, MFG - SoftVelocity, Inc Internet Link - http://www.softvelocity.com/products/clarionent...

Clarion 2.1 APP Under Windows XP Problem
Hi guys, i don=B4t speak english and i=B4m not dev clarion language but. .... I have one app dev in clarion 2.1 and it=B4s run fine in win 98 but i need run it in a windows xp. Config.nt dos=3Dhigh,umb ..... himem.sys files=3D200 buffers=3D20 Autoexec.nt Path .... SET CLAMV0 .... Done When i run the app one error occur and display this message Error Code:8 Insufficient Memory DOS Error:158 Unknow Error Any suggestions ? On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:52:01 -0800 (PST), srnegocio@gmail.com wrote: >Hi guys, i don�t speak english and i�m not dev clarion language >but. .... > >I have one app dev in clarion 2.1 and it�s run fine in win 98 but i >need run it in a windows xp. > >Config.nt >dos=high,umb >.... himem.sys >files=200 >buffers=20 > >Autoexec.nt >Path .... >SET CLAMV0 .... > >Done > >When i run the app one error occur and display this message > > Error Code:8 Insufficient Memory > DOS Error:158 Unknow Error > >Any suggestions ? This is what I appear to be using: dos=high, umb device=%SystemRoot%\system32\himem.sys files=100 DEVICE=M:\WINDOWS\system32\VDM2VDD.DOS Perhaps the last line would help ... perhaps not. Unfortunately, I am using Clarion 2.0 Standard Edition for Windows, which produces Windows programs, so I cannot say whether a DOS Clarion program would work or not. (I started with a DOS version of Clarion, but that was a long, long, long time ago.) -- Here lies the Tuscan p...

Rich Report version 1.2 with clarion 6
Hi Everyone , Has anyone managed to get rich report version 1.2 to work with clarion 6 and as also anyone have had problems contacting solid software because i have been sending emails to them but no reply. Olu. Olu, Jen's posted in the 3rd party newsgroup that he would be on vacation until I think the 21st of July. Michael Gould "Olumide Orukotan" <Olu@actiondata.co.uk> wrote in message news:ACTN76969BCC8@actiondata.co.uk... > Hi Everyone , > Has anyone managed to get rich report version 1.2 to > work with clarion 6 and as also anyone have had problems contacting solid > software because i have been sending emails to them but no reply. > > Olu. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ...

Delphi Conversion Accessing a DLL using CLARION #2
Hi all, Help !! Help !!! I am trying to use a 3rd party DLL, the 3rd party has provided sample code for Delphi V7. In Delphi the following is defined. type PstPollRecord=^TstPollRecord; TstPollRecord=record iClassCode:Integer; //Class Code iIllegalCode:Integer; //Illegal Code cDateTime:array[0..19] of Char; //Date Time cCard:array[0..19] of Char; //Card Number cDeviceID:array[0..9] of Char; //Device ID end; //Send Polling To HTA function htaPolling(hComm:THandle;iNodeID,iPrevRecord:Integer;stPollList:PstPollRecord;var iRecord:Integer;iCardType:Integer;iTimeOut:DWORD):Integer;stdcall;external 'HTA8.dll'; Clarion Equivalent:my strut is declared as: ! in Global Data Defention PstPollRecord GROUP,PRE() TstPollRecord GROUP,TYPE,PRE(),DIM(60) iClassCode SHORT iIllegalCode SHORT cDateTime CSTRING(20) cCard CSTRING(20) cDeviceID CSTRING(10) END END In Clarion I prototyped my function as: htaPolling (UNSIGNED hComm, SHORT iNodeID, SHORT giPrevRecord, *PstPollRecord stPollList, *SHORT iRecord, SHORT iCardType, USHORT iTimeOut), SHORT,PASCAL,RAW The problem I cant received data in proper way, the solution I think in data structure, any help Please!.... Thanks ! Michael In Delphi the Code as following: (*************************...

Clarion 2.1 Dos extension Putkbd.bin missing !!!!
Hello, I am a french user of clarion 2.1 and I have some old software to update but I miss putkbd.bin file which was supply with the technical "journal" of clarion Dos is missing ! If anyone was got it, thanks to mail me a copy. Fred ...

Any traps converting from Clarion 2.1 (DAT) to TPS files
I currently have an App that is using Clarion 2.1 (DAT) files and I want to change it to use TPS files. Are there any traps I should look out for? Particularly I am concerned about any differences in the drivers or supported commands that would break my application. Thanks in advance Paul Walker Paul, If you do GET(filename,1) to get the first record this will not work anymore. You'll need to change your processing to be SET(Filename) Next(FileName) TPS is more like Btrieve here. It doesn't use record numbers but relative addressing internally. I'd also get use to not using POINTER except with Queues and start using Position. HTH's Michael Gould "Paul Walker" <paul@p-r-o-j-e-c-t-s-o-f-t-w-a-r-e.com.au> wrote in message news:3f1e051a@news.softvelocity.com... > I currently have an App that is using Clarion 2.1 (DAT) files and I want to > change it to use TPS files. > > Are there any traps I should look out for? > > Particularly I am concerned about any differences in the drivers or > supported commands that would break my application. > > Thanks in advance > Paul Walker > > Hi, > I currently have an App that is using Clarion 2.1 (DAT) files and I want to > change it to use TPS files. > > Are there any traps I should look out for? > One thing you might need to be aware of is that TPS files have an built in error checking, which means a.o. that they detect file corruptions in a...

clarion 22 and clarion 55
i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 i have message link error. to many files -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr http://forums.club-internet.fr/ I am really flushing now. There was really no problems. I had missed the 4.1 patch (also from april) So now Im smiling again! "youcef" <ydjira@caramail.com> skrev i melding news:20031111-9206-522759@foorum.com... > > i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 > when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 > > i have message > link error. to many files > -- > Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr > This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr > > http://forums.club-internet.fr/ ...

HELP! Clarion 2.1 DOS data file mismatch error
Our company has a old DOS Clarion 2.1 app still in use. This morning I attempted to manually remove a record from a .DAT file t.hat also has a .MEM file associated with it. I have done this before to .DAT files without .MEM files many times without problems. I just run CSRT on the file afterwords and everything has worked out. Forgetting that this file had a MEM file, the result after the CSRT seems catastrophic. No key file is generated and the MEM seems to be out of sync with the .DAT (I can still see all of the records in the .DAT but attempting to access data in the .MEM file results in a "data file mismatch" error. Is there anyway to reverse what I has happened here? I am not a clarion programmer and the source code is not available. We normally have recent backups but in this case, the most recent backup is over a month old. Please tell me all hope is not lost... KW On Oct 24, 8:39=A0pm, __future__ > > Please tell me all hope is not lost... > > KW Re: You must find source file .cla or .cl? and use cfil (you said: "Source code is not available") but if it is there, find label name (is in .cla/cl? source file) and input - output file must bee same!!! And run with ctrl+enter. Name source file is like prg. name .exe with ext. .cla or cl? Do backup of data first! :-) Best regard's. Hi. I'm not sure that this will work: Try to add same record in DAT file. 1. Make a backup of data 2. Use last backup of data (override existing...

Clarion 2 entry fields fail but text fields work if specific programs installed on XP. Clarion 5 apps ok.
Hi, I have a large number of customers running a old Clarion 2 app which never needs to be changed. It would be very expensive to convert the app to Clarion 5 or 6 and no change to the logic will ever be required. It is perfect for its task as it is. When I run it on XP just after the operating system is installed it works fine. If I install a number of apps like Nvidia dual screen software and many others it stops working. The text controls are fine. The data in entry controls displays on the screen but is erased from the control as soon as the control is accepted. Clarion 5 apps using some identical windows run fine on the same computers. Has anyone else run across this problem and if so is there any fix other than converting the whole app to a later version of Clarion? All the best. John Nairn On 9 Feb 2004 19:11:25 -0800, john nairn wrote: > Has anyone else run across this problem and if so is there any fix > other than converting the whole app to a later version of Clarion? No idea what the cause of the problem is, but barring the use of some ugly (ie: work on cw2 only) or oddball 3rd party software, you should be able to open the cw2 app in c55 and compile and go. Probably in c6 too, but definitely in c55. Almost all of our legacy-based apps came to life under 1501, 2002 or 2003 and have been c5, c55 and partly c6 apps. Mark You should check for texel aligment in Nvidia display drivers. On default the slider for this option is set on 3, try other po...

Updated Clarion LibMaker 32, Version 2.1, released today -- Freeware
Clarion LibMaker 32, Version 2.1, was released today FREEWARE Clarion LibMaker 32 is an advanced version of the standard Libmaker utility program for making and updating Clarion LIB-files. If you like to use the Windows APIs you must often update the WIN32.LIB file for new or changed APIs. Then you probably also know that it's a drag to find out exactly in which DLL the particular API is located before you can update WIN32.LIB manually. Then you have to deal with complaints from the linker about dublicated APIs and must do the process all over again. Clarion LibMaker 32 does all this in just a matter of seconds for ALL new and changed APIs, then clean out dublicates and unneccessary entries. It also makes it easy to make customized LIB-files for different use and different OSs. Functionalities: - Favorites button with Windows standard API LIB-files preset - Cleanup functions that removes dublicate symbols automatically - Automatically locates source DLL-files - Updates LIB-files from DLLs on disk automatically - Set default source and target folders - Sort lists from clickable header buttons - Single and multi keyword searches - Compare LIB-files to DLLs/LIBs on disk - Drag & drop single or multiple files - Open single or multiple files from command line - Make LIB-files from within Clarion templates - Many user options Download your free copy at: http://www.geocities.com/torstokkan/LibMaker32.zip Tor Stokkan Oslo, October 3, 2004 ...

1<3>1:Martin Musatov1<3>2: file exchange and newsgroup access for the MATLAB and Si:-ulink Community #2
http://MeAmI.org wrote:1<3>1:wrote:1<3>:2Google.com/ Web Alert for: "Martin Musatov" - MATLAB Central - Newsreader - <http://www.google.com/url? sa=3DX&amp;q=3Dhttp://www.mathworks.co.uk/matlabcentral/newsreader/author/ 114183&amp;ct=3Dga&amp;cd=3De83kqpHtzNM&amp;usg=3DAFQjCNGlWJ54BqL4A_0fBfkLq= DnKQqGBug> Martin Musatov file exchange and newsgroup access for the MATLAB and Simulink user community. ---------------- =A0This as-it-happens Google Alert is brought to you by Google. Remove <http://www.google.com/alerts/remove? s=3DEAAAAKY2txhJOE...

Migrat Access 2.1 to Access 97
Hi, How hard is it to migrate from 2.1 to 97 with code conversion? I program in another language. -SH "Penn" wrote > How hard is it to migrate from 2.1 > to 97 with code conversion? I pro- > gram in another language. If your application is "all in Access" it is not difficult -- there are a few differences but things like different intrinsic constant names need no be changed, as they are supported for backward compatibility. If you have used the Windows API, then the Declarations and calls will have to be changed, as there were changes between the Win 3.1 16-bit API to the 32-bit API. How difficult that will be depends on how many API calls are used, how well you know the 32-bit API, etc.. BTW, that'd be Access 2.0 as there was never a point release, only one Service Pack. And, if security of the application (not the data) is not a significant issue, my experience has been that Access 2.0 database applications have run well in every subsequent version of Windows, without any change at all. I haven't tried on Win XP or any of the Win 2003 servers, but I haven't heard anyone complain. Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP bouncer@localhost.not (Larry Linson) wrote in <Vyyrb.17702$E9.6794@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>: >BTW, that'd be Access 2.0 as there was never a point release, only >one Service Pack. And, if security of the application (not the >data) is not a sig...

[ANN] gettext-2.0.1, gettext_activerecord-2.0.1, gettext_rails-2.0.1
Hi, Ruby-GetText-Package-2.0.1 and the families (gettext-2.0.1, gettext_activerecord-2.0.1 and gettext_rails-2.0.1) are now available. Ruby-GetText-Package is the library/tools for message localization. * gettext - Message localization libraries and tools for all kind of apps/libs. * gettext_activerecord - ActiveRecord Localization * gettext_rails - Rails support with gettext. Changes ------- * gettext-2.0.1 * Fixed bugs * doesn't work with ruby-1.8.5. [Reported by Dan Coutu] * GetText.locale= can't keep the locale. [Reported by Adam Ilan] * Break backward c...

Web resources about - access to clarion 2.1 - comp.lang.clarion

Clarion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Clarion, Illinois , U.S. Clarion, Iowa , U.S. Clarion, Pennsylvania , U.S. Clarion, Utah , U.S., a ghost town settled as a Jewish farming colony ...

The Clarion-Ledger - Jackson, MS news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving ...
Jackson, MS Mississippi News - clarionledger.com is the home page of Jackson, MS Mississippi with in depth and updated Jackson, MS local news. ...

Captain Clarion (@citizensrock) on Twitter

The Clarion-Ledger Print Edition on the App Store on iTunes
Get The Clarion-Ledger Print Edition on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Banksy in SF on Clarion Alley - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... photos on Flickr. atlasrising has uploaded 128 photos to Flickr. hey there - great capture, i LOVE this piece. but... it was not on clarion ...

RMI President Address to the World: "A clarion call from the climate change frontline" - YouTube
As world leaders prepare to gather in New York for the UN Secretary-General’s Climate Summit, the President of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, ...

State of Origin: Blues' clarion call pivotal in getting Trent Hodkinson over the line
A simple "Blues" call was all it took for Trent Hodkinson to end Queensland's State of Origin dominance. The laconic halfback, who has gained ...

Clarion call for teenagers is to violence not religion, says terrorism expert
Violence is being sold to the young as an empowering and self-satisfying blow against the West.

Review: Incipio’s new Clarion, Faraday & Tuxen folio cases offer three small twists on iPad Air 2 protection ...
... to plastic iPad holders, varying more in the particulars than the broad strokes. We’re taking a quick look today at three cases: Clarion ($35), ...

Hands-on with the Clarion AX1 car stereo with SwiftKey
The Clarion AX1, a new car stereo running Android, has the SwiftKey keyboard built in. We take it for a spin at CES.