appbroker 5.5 and Windows Server 2003 SP1

Hallo!

Does anyone knows if Clarion application broker 5.5 (ISAPI version)
runs on Windows Server 2003 with SP1???

If it does, how the settings for IIS(and other) should look like?

I set it up on Win NT 4.0(sp6) and Win 2000(sp4) (both servers) and it
works OK.

Thank You!

Migrating from NT4 to Windows server 2003
Hi In January 2005 we stop useing NT4 and migrate to Windows Server 2003. Are there any problems reported form users or known issues? FileMaker Inc is not very specific on this. They say that they are not ready with testing or that there has been no problems reported. Regards, Marcel Kollenaar Dutch National Curriculum Development Institute ...

Clarion 5.5
Hi, We have a project that was written using Clarion 5.5 and SocketWrench. The original project was developed outside our company, but we have to be able to do at least simple modifications or bug fixes ourselves in the future. We have no prior experience with Clarion, but we will be able to get help with basics of Clarion development. However, we need to get a copy of Clarion 5.5 and SocketWrench. We would prefer not to work with the latest version of Clarion, because we don't want to have to deal with any incompatibilities or porting issues. But when I contacted Soft Velocity about this, they say they no longer sell version 5.5. Does anyone here know how and where we can legally get a license and installation media for this version of Clarion? Is it something that people can sell second-hand, and if so is there anyone who can sell us a license? mvh., David Brown Norway. On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 21:32:33 +0200, David Brown <david.brown@removethis.hesbynett.no> wrote: >Does anyone here know how and where we can legally get a license and >installation media for this version of Clarion? Is it something that >people can sell second-hand, and if so is there anyone who can sell us a >license? Ask here http://www.softvelocity.com/ There is a forum just for Clarion, but you need a Clarion license to join. /Hans On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 21:32:33 +0200, David Brown wrote: > Hi, > > We have a...

Server 5.5
Hello group, Is it possible to run Server 5.5 on my pc which operates on Win XP? I will use FMP6 on the same computer. I want to be the server if it is possible as we do not have a dedicated server but I need the database to run nice and fast which it does not on peer to peer. Thanks for any advice. Toni ToniM <eshopstall@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Hello group, > > Is it possible to run Server 5.5 on my pc which operates on Win XP? I > will use FMP6 on the same computer. I want to be the server if it is > possible as we do not have a dedicated server but I need th...

Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003
This post was originally made in microsoft.public.scripting.jscript by Michael Harris and I am reposting it here for the people who don't/can't subscribe to the microsoft groups. The original thread can be read here: <URL: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.scripting.jscript/browse_frm/thread/91bd7c8dfe3c8a9f/a80a764bfb34d2ee#a80a764bfb34d2ee> Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 Download details: Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000 <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=c03d3e49-b40e-4ca1-a0c7-cc135ec4d2be&displaylang=en&tm> Download details: Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-d896-482e-a0d6-524e7e844d81&displaylang=en&tm> Download details: Windows Script 5.7 for Windows Server 2003 <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=f00cb8c0-32e9-411d-a896-f2cd5ef21eb4&displaylang=en&tm> -- Randy Chance Favors The Prepared Mind comp.lang.javascript FAQ - http://jibbering.com/faq/index.html Javascript Best Practices - http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com/bestpractices/ In comp.lang.javascript message <fZ-dnUyF3KVAA1nbRVn_vw@giganews.com>, Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:00:49, Randy Webb <HikksNotAtHome@aol.com> posted: >This post was originally made in microsoft.public.scripting.jscript by >Michael Harris and I am reposting it here for the people who >don't/can't subscribe to the...

Clarion 5.5 and MS-SQL server 2005
Hi all, I converting my clarion 5.5 app which was developed on sybase 9 to MS- SQL server 2005. In one of my apps, i am passing sql query to backend to retrieve values from backend. This query fires two time. Once when the window opens and second when i am trying to save the record. On opening it works and retrieves data but while saving the application hangs. Can any one give me help on the usage of prop:sql? Thanks Nahid Hi Create sqlfie on SQLserver, and in your dictionary, with string field's exmpl: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `sqlfile`; CREATE TABLE `sqlfile` ( `f1` varchar(255) default '', `f2` varchar(255) default '', `f3` varchar(255) default '', `f4` varchar(255) default '', `f5` varchar(255) default '', `f6` varchar(255) default '', `f7` varchar(255) default '', `f8` varchar(255) default '', `f9` varchar(255) default '', `f10` varchar(255) default '' execute prop:sql query sqlfile{prop:sql}='SELECT field1,field2,field3 FROM products.table WHERE etc.etc.etc'} The syntax of SELECT statement must match the syntax of SQL server The result is stored in sqlfile. Loop through sqlfile to retreive the result of the executed query loop next(sqlfile) if errorcode() then break. LOC:field1=sqlfile:f1 LOC:field2=sqlfile:f2 LOC:field3=sqlfile:f3 end gordon ...

Installation directory of Filemaker server 5.5 on Windows 2000
I installed FMS 5.5 on the c-partition where I should have installed it on the d-partition as a company policy, since data should not be on the systempartition c. So, I tried to uninstall FMS and received an MSI error for which I contacted support. There's a fix for it on the support site. Now the support tells me I should leave all on c instead of reinstalling on d, because otherwise the clients won't find the hosted files. Is this true or should it work, as long as I place the databases under the program directory on the local drive d of my FM Server ? Are there any problems to be en...

Mathematica 5.0 on Windows Server 2003?
Here: http://www.wolfram.com/products/mathematica/platforms.html it mentions: Microsoft Windows Windows 98/Me/NT 4.0/2000/XP Pentium II or compatible does this mean that it _won't_ run on Server 2003? Was wondering if others had experience in this regard. pat Pat: I ran version 5.0 then version 5.0.1 on a Windows 2003 Server Machine for more than 8 months before upgrading to 5.1. No problems. But that does not mean that Wolfram still does not support the platform, or it could be they need to update their web page information. Hans "Patri...

Filemaker Server 5.5 won't start on Windows 2000
Hello, Yesterday, our filemaker 5.5 server stopped working after a reboot of our windows 2000 server (SP4). When we try to start the service, we get the following error. "Windows cannot start the FileMaker Server on Local Computer." We have uninstalled and reinstalled the FileMaker 5.5 Server, with the same results. In the event viewer, the error is: "The FileMaker Server service terminated with service-specific error 50" To verify that the database is ok, we copied it to another computer and installed FMS 5.5 and it works fine. Any ideas or troubleshooting tips wou...

MySQL 5.0.41 or 5.19 on Windows 2003 64-bit
Hi, does anyone know if MySQL support Shared memory connection in 2003 Windows server using 64-bit? I tried 5.0.41 and 5.19 using the windows GUI and also without GUI. I can connect using TCP/IP and Name pipe, but the default which is suppose to be share memory does not work. I keep getting the error messge but can't find solution for it ERROR 2013 (HY000): Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading authorization packet', system error: 2 I do have [shared-memory] specify in the my.ini file. I am able to run shared memory if I installed a 32 bit version on 2003 64-bit server...

Upgrading from Clarion 5.5 to Clarion 6.0
What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Hi Kevin, I have just copied apps over into another directory and loaded them up into C6 and they compile and run just fine with no changes needed... 3rd party stuff can be somewhat tricky in some cases tho... -- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (BigTamer(tm) Templates) "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... > What issues have you encountered and what were > the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? No plobrems at all. -- Kind regards, James Cooke ----------------------------------------------------------- Publish and maintain your own technical tips on Clarionfoundry! Clarionfoundry can be found at http://www.clarionpublisher.com ----------------------------------------------------------- "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Just read the migration and what's new docs. You will have to pay attention to threading. Things are a bit tighter, so I do expect a few reports of "worked in 5.5". You won't be able to get away with things like you could earlier. But to a load a 5.5 app...

Can not open properties into seperate window per 5.5.5.
Have tried all demo version of RB 2005 (build 1, 2, 3, 4) and 2006 (build 1) and I own RB 5.5.5 pro. I still am unable to open properties window into a seperate window as per 5.5.5. I did not continually upgrade Realbasic so I could use a VisualBasic clone on my Macintosh with its one window interface. Why has Real Software stabbed me in the back by getting rid of the Macintosh interface? I no longer trust anything they do as they had nearly a year to fix this. In article <356db2f85e0ee55421f94abf68eb722c@localhost.talkaboutprogramming.com>, "icon128x128" <i...

How to export MEMO field data from Clarion 5.5 / 5.0
Hi, This is John form India. Can anyone guide me How to export data from a MEMO field. We try to migrate data from a .DAT file to a MS SQL Server table.That .DAT file has got a memo field. We don't know how to migrate that MEMO field data to SQL Server. When I had a chance of reding all the queries on MEMO field by IAN I thought of having the same solution. Your guidance is most appreciated... ...

Installing Clarion 5.5
Hi All I am trying to install Clarion 5.5 on a Windows XP machine, but gets the following error message: The Win16 subsystem was unable to enter Protected Mode, Dosx.exe must be in you AUTOEXEC.NT and present in your path. The Dosx.exe is in the Autoexec.nt file, but what path are they referring to. Please help Nazla ...

::: Clarion 5.5 Books :::
I'm looking for the full set of Clarion 5.5 Enterprise Edition books. The PDF's are good, but I'll need the hardbound copies within this week. If you have them, please contact me at: klwillis.dsl@verizon.net I'll need to know the total amount when shipping Fed Ex. 2nd Day in the US to Southern Califorinia. Thankyou, Kevin Willis ICQ:32805500 SoftVelocity usually delivers the books fast with FedEx "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> skrev i melding news:MPG.1a234535d5f299fc989727@news.verizon.net... > I'm looking for the full set of Clarion 5.5 Enterprise Edition books. > > The PDF's are good, but I'll need the hardbound copies within this week. > > If you have them, please contact me at: klwillis.dsl@verizon.net > > I'll need to know the total amount when shipping Fed Ex. 2nd Day in the > US to Southern Califorinia. > > Thankyou, > > Kevin Willis > ICQ:32805500 Kevin, I believe that C55 shipped with just the PDF's and you could purchase the manuals separately. C5 shipped the hard bound manuals. There is a link in the chat group to someone who is selling a complete set of C5 manuals on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3639104785&category=3773&rd=1 HTH's Mike Gould "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a234535d5f299fc989727@news.verizon.net... > I'm looking for the full...

Clarion 5.5 Applications

I am attempting to run clarion 5.5 on my computer running XP and I get a "16 bit MS-DOS subsystem error" It says that the VDD format in the registry is invalid. I have reloaded the VDD file and still get the error. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Share Clarion 5.5
Any one have an old Clarion 5.5 software? I really need it to try my clarion programming in windows. Because I need my browse can use EIP with DropDown menu Dear Erwin, Contact me on ericleungsaikeung@gmail.com if you need this. Eric Erwin wrote: > Any one have an old Clarion 5.5 software? > I really need it to try my clarion programming in windows. > Because I need my browse can use EIP with DropDown menu ...

SAPI 5.1 Problems on Windows 2003 Server
I posted this to some of the microsoft newsgroups with no response. Thought I would give it a try here. Anyway... I have an MFC program that uses the Microsoft Speech SDK (SAPI 5.1). It runs great. But, after converting the program into a Win32 Service executable, I now have problems initializing SAPI on Windows 2003 Server. The service runs fine under Windows 2000 Server, and Windows XP Pro. The CoCreateInstance call is successful, but the call to GetOutputStream fails with a returned hresult of 0x8004503a (-2147200966). This is defined in sperror.h: /*** SPERR_NOT_FOUND 0...

Domino 5.0.8 on Windows 2003 server?
Have you encountered any problems installing and running Domino 5.0.8 on a Windows 2003 server? Greetings, Maria Sundstrom, Finland Maria Sundstr´┐Żm<Maria.Sundstrom@abo.fi> (remove-this) wrote in message news:<3ff97d9b$1@newsflash.abo.fi>... > Have you encountered any problems installing and running Domino 5.0.8 on a > Windows 2003 server? > > Greetings, > > Maria Sundstrom, Finland I installed Domino 5.0.12 on Windows 2003 server two months ago and I haven't encountered any problems since then. It works fine. Regards. ...

Clarion 5 (not 5.5) Enterprise Edition Legacy and POSTGRESQL! Does anyone have any experience!
Hi! We are about to start a migration from TPS to Postgresql, but we would like to hear some "tales" from people who have already made that migration! The problem they have faced, point where is impossible to use SQL, thing like that! Thanks in advance ...

Installing AIX 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 on a single server
Hi all, Is there any way to install different versions of AIX (from 5.1 to 5.3) on a single server? And to make them work simultaneously? I heard of LPAR but I am not sure it is possible to do such a thing with this feature... Thx for your help in advance. Regards The_Nail wrote: > Hi all, > > Is there any way to install different versions of AIX (from 5.1 to > 5.3) on a single server? And to make them work simultaneously? > I heard of LPAR but I am not sure it is possible to do such a thing > with this feature... > > > Thx for your help in advance. > Regar...

Tk8.5.5 build on leopard 10.5.5
I'm trying to build tk8.5.5 on my mac. I already have tcl8.5.5 installed. However, it's not through macports or any other package management system. I compiled tcl myself and it's currently in /Library/Frameworks/ Tcl.Framework. When I try to make the GNUmakefile I get this error: In file included from /Users/matthess/Downloads/tk8.5.5/macosx/../ generic/tkInt.h:21, from /Users/matthess/Downloads/tk8.5.5/macosx/../ generic/tk3d.c:16: /Users/matthess/Downloads/tk8.5.5/macosx/../generic/tk.h:23:3: error: #error Tk 8.5 must be compiled with tcl.h from Tcl 8.5 make: *** [tk3d.o] Error 1 I originally had the 8.4 release of both tcl and tk, but I erased both (e.g. sudo rm -R /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.Framework) and reinstalled. I'm trying to figure out why it can't find the updated verion of tcl.h, and so far I've come up dry. Any suggestions? matt matt wrote: > I'm trying to build tk8.5.5 on my mac. I already have tcl8.5.5 > installed. However, it's not through macports or any other package > management system. > > I compiled tcl myself and it's currently in /Library/Frameworks/ > Tcl.Framework. When I try to make the GNUmakefile I get this error: > > In file included from /Users/matthess/Downloads/tk8.5.5/macosx/../ > generic/tkInt.h:21, > from /Users/matthess/Downloads/tk8.5.5/macosx/../ > generic/tk3d.c:16: > /Users/matthess/Downloads/tk8.5.5/macosx/../generic/t...

Printing on a Windows Terminal 2003 Server with Notes 6.5
Hello, when I try to print on a Windows Terminal 2003 Server with Notes 6.5 no printers appear in the printig dialoge. I found out the following. Starting Notes, trying to print with regmon running, regmon logs this: 1 148.49681091 nlnotes.exe:3376 QueryKey HKCU\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Devices BUFFER OVERFLOW 2 148.49684143 nlnotes.exe:3376 EnumerateValueHKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Devices NO MORE ENTRIES I compared the keys, below "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Devices" all devices are listed for adm...

RB 5.5.5 TabPanel
I'm working on a project that one of my windowshas a tabPanel (4 tabs) with about 77 controls in the window. I have 4 buttons that are outside of the panel. Previous, Next, Cancel and Finish. Previous is disabled, by default. Next is default. Both of these calls the same method. Cancel and Finish are the other two buttons. By problem is with the next button. When I have that button and another button I can not had any more methods or properties, which I need to do. Once the buttons are gone, then I can add modules to my pleasure. The problem lies somewhere with the next button,...

Web resources about - appbroker 5.5 and Windows Server 2003 SP1 - comp.lang.clarion