calling all clarion experts...badly need your assistance #3

hello everybody,

im new to clarion and still having a hard time chewing it. i got this
simple problem hopefully you can give me a very good input on this.

i got 2 files .tps and .dos. i read from the group that it's something
like a binary, read-only ...etc. i tried to rename this to .txt, when
opened i see few first series of chars to be meaningful and the rest
are garbage chars.

tried to opened it in clarion using basic driver, still got the same
result. i renamed it to .tps and i got error when tried to open it.

i tried file - import and choose dos driver but i got this error 'file
driver does not support file import'

i run out of options.what should be done to extract the data?

looking forward for your swift input.thanks.

You will get a lot more help if you go to the SoftVelocity server:    news.softvelocity.com

Rocky

<soft_devjava@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> hello everybody,
>
> im new to clarion and still having a hard time chewing it. i got this
> simple problem hopefully you can give me a very good input on this.
>

> i got 2 files .tps and .dos. i read from the group that it's something
> like a binary, read-only ...etc. i tried to rename this to .txt, when
> opened i see few first series of chars to be meaningful and the rest
> are garbage chars.
>

> tried to opened it in clarion using basic driver, still got the same
> result. i renamed it to .tps and i got error when tried to open it.
>

> i tried file - import and choose dos driver but i got this error 'file
> driver does not support file import'
>

> i run out of options.what should be done to extract the data?
>

> looking forward for your swift input.thanks.

0
rockyp (45)

calling all clarion experts...badly need your assistance
hello everybody, im new to clarion and still having a hard time chewing it. i got this simple problem hopefully you can give me a very good input on this. i got 2 files .tps and .dos. i read from the group that it's something like a binary, read-only ...etc. i tried to rename this to .txt, when opened i see few first series of chars to be meaningful and the rest are garbage chars. tried to opened it in clarion using basic driver, still got the same result. i renamed it to .tps and i got error when tried to open it. i tried file - import and choose dos driver but i got this error 'file driver does not support file import' i run out of options.what should be done to extract the data? looking forward for your swift input.thanks. ...

calling all clarion experts...badly need your assistance #2
hello everybody, im new to clarion and still having a hard time chewing it. i got this simple problem hopefully you can give me a very good input on this. i got 2 files .tps and .dos. i read from the group that it's something like a binary, read-only ...etc. i tried to rename this to .txt, when opened i see few first series of chars to be meaningful and the rest are garbage chars. tried to opened it in clarion using basic driver, still got the same result. i renamed it to .tps and i got error when tried to open it. i tried file - import and choose dos driver but i got this error 'file driver does not support file import' i run out of options.what should be done to extract the data? looking forward for your swift input.thanks. ...

need Clarion Programmer (work for Clarion software developer)
Hello, we need a Clarion programmer to do soem work in Clarion program (need to fix soem problems in Calrion software). Please e-mail: nick@primedebtsoft.com ...

Clarion DD ver. 3.0 and Clarion PD 2110
I happen to have the 10 original discs for this program. Any one interested? ...

Help needed for Clarion for Windows 3
Hello, Years ago I wrote an application in Clarion for Windows 3. I want to include a variable in the caption of a window but I can't find how to do this in the help files. Can this be done and what would the correct syntax be ? Thanks in advance, Kind regards, Try window_name{prop:text} = 'Your text' Harry Hugo COX wrote: > Hello, > > Years ago I wrote an application in Clarion for Windows 3. > I want to include a variable in the caption of a window but I can't find how > to do this in the help files. > > Can this be done and what would the correct syntax be ? > > Thanks in advance, > > Kind regards, > > ...

Clarion Professional 5.5 & Clarion for DOS 3.102
Hi, I have licensed copies of Clarion Professional Edition 5.5 and Clarion for DOS 3.102 and would like to sell them. But I have no idea what they are worth nor where to sell them. I've thought about eBay but I don't think I'll get much for them there. Any ideas on price and where to sell them? Thanks Mark markstubbins@comcast.net ...

Clarion 7 - Clarion 6.3
Hopefully, most of those that read these newsgroups have already received special emails or phone calls concerning the SoftVelocity Summer Update specials, but my company is running a special C7 blog about it for general details at: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?p=69 or Clarion 7 Blogs http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?cat=3 The SoftVelocity Summer Special is all about special pricing for the CSP - Core Subscription Program. The specific details for your pricing must be obtained from SoftVelocity or an authorized distributor. Special update pricing is for a limited time! This might be a reminder for some to send SoftVelocity an updated email address for contact. David -- From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange Online http://encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/ http://www.encouragersoftware.com/ ...

Clarion 3.0 network help needed
We have a DOS app created in Clarion 3.0 we are running under an ethernet network. Our server and most of the PCs are WIN 98SE. I have a PC with WIN2000 also accessing the server datafiles. I am getting recently a lot of drive reading errors on the PCs on the network. They come at strange times; for example, when someone is saving a record, when another user just enters data into a variable for a sub-search on a datafile, and it's always a problem opening up a file, a different one each time, when the error comes. On my WIN2000 machine, I recieved a general protection error, when I look at XTRACE.txt, I see CS:IP segment errors and under the call chain section, it lists 7 segments, the number of which corresponds to the number of orphan $$$ files on the server folder. It seems as though the $$$ files are somehow responsible for way to rid ourselves of the $$$ orphans is to do a reboot of the system, because you cannot delete these - it seems that the server has put a hold on these files, or thinks that they are still being used, when they're not. When we reboot and delete these files, we're OK for a while. If anyone has any insight as to what may be happening, or if our WIN2000 PC may be affecting this problem, seeing as it is a relatively new addition to our existing network of WIN98 SE PCs, I'd like to hear about it. Also, we've made a few changes to the app and added a few things- it is possible that the code may be responsible for some of it. Any ...

Porting Clarion 6.3 Build 9059 to Clarion 8.0.0 Build 8498
Hi All Sorry for Cross Posting from SVClarion.clarion8 NG Bit this is a bit urgent. Just a couple of Question on the Migration. If Clarion 8 Build 8498 Does not like INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',SCREEN) It keeps on changing to: INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',) With the Error = No matching prototype available On Migration, what should I use ? And also does not like SELF.OkControl = ?Ok It keeps on changing to: SELF.OkControl = With the Error = Expected <operand> (+- CHOOSE What should I use ? I have gone through the help on Migration, but cannot see anything relevant to my Migration Problems. Thanks in advance Peter Hi all It was #SEQ(3) which is new in Clarion 8 Just removed them from the Window code And it was OK. Regards Peter "Peter" <NOSPAMvirtualsoftware@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:4e163ddd$0$32573$c30e37c6@pit-reader.telstra.net... > Hi All > Sorry for Cross Posting from SVClarion.clarion8 NG > Bit this is a bit urgent. > > Just a couple of Question on the Migration. > > If Clarion 8 Build 8498 > Does not like > INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',SCREEN) > It keeps on changing to: > INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',) > With the Error = No matching prototype available > On Migration, what should I use ? > > And also does not like > SELF.OkControl = ?Ok > It keeps on changing to: > SELF.OkControl = With the E...

clarion 22 and clarion 55
i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 i have message link error. to many files -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr http://forums.club-internet.fr/ I am really flushing now. There was really no problems. I had missed the 4.1 patch (also from april) So now Im smiling again! "youcef" <ydjira@caramail.com> skrev i melding news:20031111-9206-522759@foorum.com... > > i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 > when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 > > i have message > link error. to many files > -- > Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr > This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr > > http://forums.club-internet.fr/ ...

Clarion Call.
Dearest=2C Listen and read carefully=2C I have found seriousness in you and that is why I have decided to involve you in this transaction o=2Ek =2C I am a woman of substance and of great importance to my nation and the society in general=2E I will not entertain any act of unseriousness from you in this transaction o=2Ek you must take instructions from me at all time and for security reasons you will only communicate me only by my email for now o=2Ek=2E I am Dr=2E Mrs LOUISA EJERCITOR ESTRADA =2C the wife of Mr Joseph Estrada the former President of Philippine located in the south east Asi...

Clarion DOS to Clarion Windows Conversion
Hi Newsmembers - What problems have you encountered when converting from a DOS-based Clarion project to Clarion for Windows. I'll be using Clarion version 5.5, and upgrading to 6.0 in the near future. Thankyou, - Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 A fully rewrite is generally required. If you have a bunch of logic code (formulas and such), then you can convert that source without too much effort. Everything else (especially the windows interface and file access code) will require a significant rethinking and almost total redevelopment. Sorry for the bad news. -=> Mike Hanson <=- On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 22:06:40 GMT, Kevin Willis <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote: >Hi Newsmembers - > >What problems have you encountered when >converting from a DOS-based Clarion >project to Clarion for Windows. > >I'll be using Clarion version 5.5, >and upgrading to 6.0 in the near future. > >Thankyou, > >- Kevin Willis >klwillis.dsl@verizon.net >ICQ:32805500 > > > > dont do it ! and if you have the chance to look out into the future. think about looking at tools that can generate .NET apps say VB . NET. Or tools that code charge. Since clarion is a product that is not language indepandent think about a tool set that cater for more then one language and doesnt use a meta modelling system such as txa's. so before leaping into clarion for windows which is really a product designed ...

Clarion 6 #3
Just stated playing with this. The videos show pretty colours (not the usual grey) but how do you turn this on? I cannot see anything in global that would do it. Brian On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:36:57 -0400, Brian J Smith wrote: > Just stated playing with this. The videos show pretty colours (not the usual > grey) but how do you turn this on? I cannot see anything in global that > would do it. Themes maybe. Or manifest support. Mark ...

Clarion 6 legacy to Clarion 6 ABC
Hi. I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 legacy to ABC. I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it possible with version 6 too? The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... (Feel a bit lost ;-)) Thanks for your help Hi JC, Have a look at http://www.comsoft7.com/BLAT.htm available here http://www.comsoft7.com/Prices.htm Also, you will get more and faster help on SoftVelocity's free public newsgroup news.softvelocity.com so I suggest you get on that newsgroup instead of this one. -- --- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.net www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.net/appshell/index.htm "JC" <realjench@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f51ed944-b011-4782-b7cd-8b02c4ca8e73@j14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... | Hi. | | I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 | legacy to ABC. | | I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it | possible with version 6 too? | | | The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... | | | I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... | | (Feel a bit lost ;-)) | | Thanks for your help On 5 jan, 17:20, "Earl R Coker" <ksasales AT machlink DOT com> wrote: > Hi JC, > > Have a look at =A0http://www.c...

what is clarion?
? A very powerful development system for building computer programs. Its primary focus is database applications, but it can be bent into a lot of different shapes by a knowledgable user. Tim "VIJAY" <vijaynats@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5407b3d4.0310212323.6e23fd53@posting.google.com... > ? "VIJAY" <vijaynats@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5407b3d4.0310212323.6e23fd53@posting.google.com... > ? Hi VIJAY, (From a CodeSnip entry...) What Clarion really is: It is a database centric language with a code generating IDE, which will basically complete 70 - 80% of your DATA MAINTENANCE code after you designed your tables/files in the Data Dictionary. Then the IDE is used to develop the UNIQUE procedures for your application using many available templates and CODE EMBEDS in the templates. What basically is Clarion? 1) Clarion is actually an APPLICATION PROGRAMMING language and a code generating IDE. It is designed for easy usage while building data-intensive business computer applications. Clarion has one BIG difference in developing database applications in that the Developer MUST determine what data is to be in the database and how that data is to be manipulated BEFORE beginning to develop the application. This is because the FIRST thing you must develop in the IDE are the data files using the Data Dictionary Utility. 2) Clarion has an Integrated Design Environment (IDE) which includes a data-dictionary utility so...

Need Clarion Developer
Hi, My company is based in Burlington, MA and is looking for a Clarion developer. Location in places other than MA is fine if able to telecommute effectively. Details are the following: Clarion Developer Maintenance of Current Product Desired applicant must have proven experience with references as Clarion Developer. Applicant must have excellent verbal communication skills, be self- motivated, and able to take ownership of assigned tasks. Applicant must have working knowledge of relational databases with proficiency in coding calls to database via stored procedures or embedded T-SQL to obtain data or insert/edit the same. This knowledge must include either Sybase or MSSQL. Successful candidate will be a solid performer, detail-oriented, and computer-science enthusiast who will contribute to implementation of organizational best-practices and work to improve work-flow and implement policies that reduce bugs through thorough design and solid testing practices. It will be in this candidate's innate or professional nature to improve efficiency and quality without being asked to do so. New Product Development Applicant must be able and willing to learn new technologies. New product development is performed in C# / ASP.NET. This position will transition from Clarion to ASP.NET within the next two to three years. General This is a full-time position for salaried or contract-to-hire employee. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 14:0...

Clarion Developers Needed
I apologize if this is spam** I do not know if jobs are allowed here. Location: Allen, Tx Position: Clarion Developers Rate/Salary: Flex - market rate Type: Perm or contract to hire Required skills: Clarion(latest release), SQL, Desired: Credit Card Exp Description: DB input retrieval, UI design, processing of files, number calculations Start Date 1/2/05 (resumes reviewed asap) Send resumes for consideration to bbarber at @eteem dot com ...

clarion/asp #3
hi, My question is simmilar to one seen here: How do I change from TAB KE to ENTER KEY ? i wont alias on the button, not the "open window", whic was suggested earlier. if anyone have an idea... thank - amr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

MySQL and Clarion #3
Has anyone tried or is anyone using MySQL in Clarion? Thanks Arnold wrote: > Has anyone tried or is anyone using MySQL in Clarion? > > Thanks I have had great success in accessing mySQL directly using the libmysql.dll. Ron Ron, Thanks for your insight. Which version of Clarion are you working with? Thanks again, Arnold Ron Schofield wrote: > Arnold wrote: > >> Has anyone tried or is anyone using MySQL in Clarion? >> >> Thanks > > > I have had great success in accessing mySQL directly using the > libmysql.dll. > > Ron Arnold, Won't make a difference. I havn't seen a version of Clarion that can's work with DLLs. Ron Arnold wrote: > Ron, > > Thanks for your insight. Which version of Clarion are you working with? > > Thanks again, > > Arnold > > Ron Schofield wrote: > >> Arnold wrote: >> >>> Has anyone tried or is anyone using MySQL in Clarion? >>> >>> Thanks >> >> >> >> I have had great success in accessing mySQL directly using the >> libmysql.dll. >> >> Ron How can i work with this DLL? I can't add it to DATABASE DRIVER REGISTRY. Ron Schofield wrote: > > Arnold, > > Won't make a difference. I havn't seen a version of Clarion that can's > work with DLLs. > > Ron > > > Arnold wrote: > >> Ron, >> >> Th...

New Clarion Jobs & Top Clarion Programmers
Hi All Clarion fans! The Clarion Jobs Page was updated as well as the List of programmers and companies with Clarion technology. Clarion Jobs & Career Resources: http://www.artofprogramming.net/resources/jobs.html Clarion Developers & IT Companies: http://www.artofprogramming.net/dev_clarion_developers.html -- Best Regards! Alfred Blaho dB & Web Programmer for hire http://www.artofprogramming.net ...

Convert Clarion 5 Legacy app to Clarion 7
I have applications generated in Clarion 5 legacy code (not ABC) that I want to use in Clarion 7. Can this be done? Is the conversion automatic? Hi Bob, Make sure you have updated all the templates used in your app to C7 Leonid Chudakov chudakov@klarisoft.com On 17 =D0=BC=D0=B0=D0=B9, 15:42, Bob Ruland <pl...@bdrsystems.com> wrote: > I have applications generated in Clarion 5 legacy code (not ABC) that > I want to use in Clarion 7. Can this be done? Is the conversion > automatic? ...

Clarion C7 support for Clarion Third Party Products
Clarion C7 support for Clarion Third Party Products The Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange has maintained a version column in the online version for years: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html The format for this column is Clarion version plus ABC and/or Legacy Clarion Version - C5.5, C6.x, C7 - ABC, Legacy We are in the midst of some serious C7 updating for both the online AND web updated data version (use with Product Scope 7) of the Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange - We do display some C7 version support now - but MOST of our research is a work in progress and you can view the latest at this web page. http://www.encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks-c7-status-12-09-2008.html The next release of the Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange WILL include this updated information - online and web updated data version. NOTE - the list is grouped by Clarion Third Party vendors (all products displayed by MFG) - SO please - Clarion Third Party vendors - help your buying public, and do two things - send updated information about your products and specific Clarion versions and ABC and/or Legacy support to the email address listed below Note the _Remove_ _Me_ in the address line Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com * * * AND, please update your web pages for support for specific Clarion versions and ABC and/or Legacy support - some have stated C7 support - but it is difficult to find that on web pages - if you would even ...

Upgrading from Clarion 5.5 to Clarion 6.0
What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Hi Kevin, I have just copied apps over into another directory and loaded them up into C6 and they compile and run just fine with no changes needed... 3rd party stuff can be somewhat tricky in some cases tho... -- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (BigTamer(tm) Templates) "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... > What issues have you encountered and what were > the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? No plobrems at all. -- Kind regards, James Cooke ----------------------------------------------------------- Publish and maintain your own technical tips on Clarionfoundry! Clarionfoundry can be found at http://www.clarionpublisher.com ----------------------------------------------------------- "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Just read the migration and what's new docs. You will have to pay attention to threading. Things are a bit tighter, so I do expect a few reports of "worked in 5.5". You won't be able to get away with things like you could earlier. But to a load a 5.5 app...

Encourager Software Clarion 7 Blog
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?cat=3 Clarion Roadmap - August 10 2006 - Robert Zaunere http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?p=72 "SoftVelocity President and CEO Robert Zaunere recently released an extremely informative and long awaited Clarion Roadmap for Clarion 7 and Clarion.Net future releases." Encourager Software maintains a dedicated Blog category for Clarion 7 related news. What does that mean to the average Clarion developer? Well, hopefully an easier place to bookmark and get significant Clarion 7 news as it is released. We try to give you a quick overview of the latest Clarion 7 news and point you to detailed press releases. This will include Clarion Third Party activity as well as information released from SoftVelocity. David -- From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange Online http://encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/ http://www.encouragersoftware.com/ ...

Web resources about - calling all clarion experts...badly need your assistance #3 - comp.lang.clarion

Military Assistance Command, Vietnam – Studies and Observations Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...
Military Assistance Command, Vietnam – Studies and Observations Group ( MACV-SOG ) was a highly classified, multi-service United States special ...

Bundaberg police investigating death call for public assistance
Bundaberg police appeal for public assistance after fishermen discovered the body of a man in Mullet Creek, Yandaran, norther of Bundaberg.

Police repeat call for assistance in Andrew Carville murder investigation
Police repeat call for assistance in Andrew Carville murder investigation.

Julian Assange requests Australian passport, consular assistance after UN ruling
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange called on Britain and Sweden to let leave the Ecuadorian embassy in London after a UN panel ruled he had been ...

Julian Assange requests Australian passport, consular assistance after UN ruling
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange called on Britain and Sweden to let leave the Ecuadorian embassy in London after a UN panel ruled he had been ...

Clive Palmer's ailing Queensland Nickel won't be receiving Federal Government assistance
Treasurer Scott Morrison refuses to bail out Clive Palmer's Queensland Nickel.

Democratic Election Assistance commissioner pushes back on state proof-of-citizenship requirements
Earlier this week, the Election Assistance Commission announced that it had granted requests from Kansas, Georgia and Alabama to require proof-of-citizenship ...

Government resubmits failed motion to compel Apple's assistance in NY iPhone case
Apple Insider Government resubmits failed motion to compel Apple's assistance in NY iPhone case Apple Insider The U.S. Department of Justice ...

Obama giving $80 million in assistance to Flint
President Barack Obama announced Thursday that his administration is giving $80 million in aid to Michigan to help with repairing infrastructure ...