Clarion 2 entry fields fail but text fields work if specific programs installed on XP. Clarion 5 apps ok.

Hi,

I have a large number of customers running a old Clarion 2 app which
never needs to be changed. It would be very expensive to convert the
app to Clarion 5 or 6 and no change to the logic will ever be
required. It is perfect for its task as it is.

When I run it on XP just after the operating system is installed it
works fine.

If I install a number of apps like Nvidia dual screen software and
many others it stops working. The text controls are fine. The data in
entry controls displays on the screen but is erased from the control
as soon as the control is accepted. Clarion 5 apps using some
identical windows run fine on the same computers.

Has anyone else run across this problem and if so is there any fix
other than converting the whole app to a later version of Clarion?

All the best.

John Nairn
0
john5726 (30)

On 9 Feb 2004 19:11:25 -0800, john nairn wrote:

> Has anyone else run across this problem and if so is there any fix
> other than converting the whole app to a later version of Clarion?

No idea what the cause of the problem is, but barring the use of some ugly
(ie: work on cw2 only) or oddball 3rd party software, you should be able to
open the cw2 app in c55 and compile and go.

Probably in c6 too, but definitely in c55.

Almost all of our legacy-based apps came to life under 1501, 2002 or 2003
and have been c5, c55 and partly c6 apps.

Mark
You should check for texel aligment in Nvidia display drivers. On default
the slider for this option is set on 3, try other posibilities...
Ozren

0
okrestan (17)
2/10/2004 7:49:25 AM
Sounds like you're running into the same CW2
bug I've seen before.  There is an updated
CW2RUN32.DLL that will fix the problem.  I
don't remember where I found the updated DLL
so if you can't find the link to it by searching
past messages in this newsgroup, I can send it
to you.
David,

Tried to download the cw2run32.dll. I can get it from a number of
sources. But when I run my program compiled with release 2003 I get an
error message from the runtime :-

"The procedure entry point _17graphicfilterlist_loadimage@FPCci could
not be located in the dynamic link library cw2run32.dll"

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help David. I am confident this is the right path. I
just need to get the runtime required and my app to talk to each
other.

All the best.

John Nairn

David Owens <david_owens@alumni.clemson.edu> wrote in message news:<402A8940.5000906@alumni.clemson.edu>...
> Sounds like you're running into the same CW2
> bug I've seen before.  There is an updated
> CW2RUN32.DLL that will fix the problem.  I
> don't remember where I found the updated DLL
> so if you can't find the link to it by searching
> past messages in this newsgroup, I can send it
> to you.
0
john5726 (30)

Convert Clarion 5 Legacy app to Clarion 7
I have applications generated in Clarion 5 legacy code (not ABC) that I want to use in Clarion 7. Can this be done? Is the conversion automatic? Hi Bob, Make sure you have updated all the templates used in your app to C7 Leonid Chudakov chudakov@klarisoft.com On 17 =D0=BC=D0=B0=D0=B9, 15:42, Bob Ruland <pl...@bdrsystems.com> wrote: > I have applications generated in Clarion 5 legacy code (not ABC) that > I want to use in Clarion 7. Can this be done? Is the conversion > automatic? ...

How to export MEMO field data from Clarion 5.5 / 5.0
Hi, This is John form India. Can anyone guide me How to export data from a MEMO field. We try to migrate data from a .DAT file to a MS SQL Server table.That .DAT file has got a memo field. We don't know how to migrate that MEMO field data to SQL Server. When I had a chance of reding all the queries on MEMO field by IAN I thought of having the same solution. Your guidance is most appreciated... ...

Upgrading from Clarion 5.5 to Clarion 6.0
What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Hi Kevin, I have just copied apps over into another directory and loaded them up into C6 and they compile and run just fine with no changes needed... 3rd party stuff can be somewhat tricky in some cases tho... -- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (BigTamer(tm) Templates) "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... > What issues have you encountered and what were > the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? No plobrems at all. -- Kind regards, James Cooke ----------------------------------------------------------- Publish and maintain your own technical tips on Clarionfoundry! Clarionfoundry can be found at http://www.clarionpublisher.com ----------------------------------------------------------- "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Just read the migration and what's new docs. You will have to pay attention to threading. Things are a bit tighter, so I do expect a few reports of "worked in 5.5". You won't be able to get away with things like you could earlier. But to a load a 5.5 app...

Clarion Professional 5.5 & Clarion for DOS 3.102
Hi, I have licensed copies of Clarion Professional Edition 5.5 and Clarion for DOS 3.102 and would like to sell them. But I have no idea what they are worth nor where to sell them. I've thought about eBay but I don't think I'll get much for them there. Any ideas on price and where to sell them? Thanks Mark markstubbins@comcast.net ...

Installing Clarion 5.5
Hi All I am trying to install Clarion 5.5 on a Windows XP machine, but gets the following error message: The Win16 subsystem was unable to enter Protected Mode, Dosx.exe must be in you AUTOEXEC.NT and present in your path. The Dosx.exe is in the Autoexec.nt file, but what path are they referring to. Please help Nazla ...

need Clarion Programmer (work for Clarion software developer)
Hello, we need a Clarion programmer to do soem work in Clarion program (need to fix soem problems in Calrion software). Please e-mail: nick@primedebtsoft.com ...

Clarion 5.5 Install Directory?
I had to reinstall Windows XP on my laptop, I decided to reformat the hard drive and do a clean reinstall. long story <g> Anyway my question is how does Clarion 5.5 know what directory it is installed in? I have a backup copy of my previous installation and I wanted to be able to switch to that copy to check on all the templates and add-ons I installed originally. I'm not able to switch to that install, even if I start Clarion 5.5 in that directory, it goes to the new directory for templates, etc. I changed the path from: c:\progra~1\C55\bin;c:\progra~1\C55\3rdparty\bin;.....etc. to: c:\C55\bin;c:\C55\3rdparty\bin;.....etc. AND searched the registry for any entries containing C55, \C55, and C55\ and corrected the path REBOOT and Clarion still looks for files in the new install c:\progra~1\C55\ ???????? I've searched in the windows directory for an ini file, can't find one. I'm wondering what I'm missing. Thanks -- Rolando D. Velazquez Active Performance Systems, Inc. Forgot to mention, The new install is in a different directory "c:\progra~1\C55" the old install was at "c:\c55" Thanks "Rolando D. Velazquez" <rolydiaz@NoServerActivePerformance.com> wrote in message news:3f749fc0@news.softvelocity.com... > I had to reinstall Windows XP on my laptop, > I decided to reformat the hard drive and do > a clean reinstall. long story <g> > Anyway my question is how > does Clarion 5.5 know what di...

I am attempting to run clarion 5.5 on my computer running XP and I get a "16 bit MS-DOS subsystem error" It says that the VDD format in the registry is invalid. I have reloaded the VDD file and still get the error. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Clarion 2.1 APP Under Windows XP Problem
Hi guys, i don=B4t speak english and i=B4m not dev clarion language but. .... I have one app dev in clarion 2.1 and it=B4s run fine in win 98 but i need run it in a windows xp. Config.nt dos=3Dhigh,umb ..... himem.sys files=3D200 buffers=3D20 Autoexec.nt Path .... SET CLAMV0 .... Done When i run the app one error occur and display this message Error Code:8 Insufficient Memory DOS Error:158 Unknow Error Any suggestions ? On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:52:01 -0800 (PST), srnegocio@gmail.com wrote: >Hi guys, i don�t speak english and i�m not dev clarion language >but. .... > >I have one app dev in clarion 2.1 and it�s run fine in win 98 but i >need run it in a windows xp. > >Config.nt >dos=high,umb >.... himem.sys >files=200 >buffers=20 > >Autoexec.nt >Path .... >SET CLAMV0 .... > >Done > >When i run the app one error occur and display this message > > Error Code:8 Insufficient Memory > DOS Error:158 Unknow Error > >Any suggestions ? This is what I appear to be using: dos=high, umb device=%SystemRoot%\system32\himem.sys files=100 DEVICE=M:\WINDOWS\system32\VDM2VDD.DOS Perhaps the last line would help ... perhaps not. Unfortunately, I am using Clarion 2.0 Standard Edition for Windows, which produces Windows programs, so I cannot say whether a DOS Clarion program would work or not. (I started with a DOS version of Clarion, but that was a long, long, long time ago.) -- Here lies the Tuscan p...

Clarion II and Windows SP2, field text dissapers
After applying Windows SP2 I'm not able to add or edit table entries. When selecting 'insert' or 'change' I can write/change the text but when jumping to next field, the text dissapears !?. I have recomiled, but still the same issue. The program runs fine on Windows without SP2. Any solutions, other than upgrading to newer version of Clarion... -- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 6746 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now! I gather you are using Clarion 2.003 because that was a known problem. If so then you need the upgrade patch to 2.004. Do let me know. Sim simche@gmail.com Thomas Pedersen wrote: > After applying Windows SP2 I'm not able to add or edit table entries. When > selecting 'insert' or 'change' I can write/change the text but when > jumping > to next field, the text dissapears !?. I have recomiled, but still the > same > issue. The program runs fine on Windows without SP2. > > Any solutions, other than upgrading to newer version of Clarion... > > > -- > I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. > It has removed 6746 spam emails to date. > Paying users do not have this message in their emails. > Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now! I gather you are using Clarion 2.003 because that was a known problem. If so then you need the upgrade p...

clarion 22 and clarion 55
i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 i have message link error. to many files -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr http://forums.club-internet.fr/ I am really flushing now. There was really no problems. I had missed the 4.1 patch (also from april) So now Im smiling again! "youcef" <ydjira@caramail.com> skrev i melding news:20031111-9206-522759@foorum.com... > > i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 > when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 > > i have message > link error. to many files > -- > Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr > This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr > > http://forums.club-internet.fr/ ...

Migrate project from clarion 2.1 into clarion 6.x
Hello all, our company has 50 years in the market, and we used clarion 2.1 20 years ago to handle our payroll. It has worked non-stop, but right now we have to make some modifications to the program and are evaluating clarion 6.0. Basically we have two options: -Migrate the .dat files to SQL and develop the whole thing from scratch -Migrate the .dat files to clarion 6.0 dct files and try to migrate most of the code Right now we are focusing on option #2, but since we have lots of .dat files (about 20 or 30 or so) i would like to know if there is a quick way to convert every one of them to the new format. I have the documentation and read the migration document, but it basically says that i should reconstruct the dictionary and copy and paste the old code into the new code where appropiate, but doesn't explain how to migrate the data. If anyone has a resource or documentation explaining this in little more detail it would be appreciated. Basically right now i am using Data Modeler and Importing the structure from a table with the clarion 2.1 driver Hi Seguros, You have the tool DMC which is supposed to read any table and let you clone it DAT 2 SQL for example regarding the 'old' dat format as we never worked with those tables if you want us to look into this to help you out cloning to new structure, please send us an example 'old' dat structure (with key files and memo files) so that we try it out in DMC and let you know You can also try out DMC you...

Identity fields in Clarion
Hi. I am working in a new application with MSSQL driver. I want define an unique code field in each table. I declare the field in dictionary with PRIMARY,UNIQUE and the Referencial Integrity in Server side. Is this correct or i must change in the server the field type to Identity?. I began using the free SQLAN55 template from Jim Kane, but when i open the table an error say about troubles using the dummy file. Do i must modify the name file in application? Which is the best solution?. Thanks Rub�n S�nchez Pe�a As far as I know, you must go into the mssql-server and set the identity there.... if you don't have FM3 from Capesoft. "Rub�n S�nchez Pe�a" <rsanchez@divulnet.com> wrote in message news:3f7c699b@news.softvelocity.com... > Hi. > > I am working in a new application with MSSQL driver. > > I want define an unique code field in each table. I declare the field in > dictionary with PRIMARY,UNIQUE and the Referencial Integrity in Server side. > Is this correct or i must change in the server the field type to Identity?. > > I began using the free SQLAN55 template from Jim Kane, but when i open the > table an error say about troubles using the dummy file. Do i must modify the > name file in application? > > Which is the best solution?. > > Thanks > > Rub�n S�nchez Pe�a > > > Ruben, There is some information about this at my site. If your table has an IDENTITY column specifie...

::: Data Conversion
I have several Clarion DOS v2.1 DOS data files with keys - .DAT and .KXX files respectively - that I'd like to convert over to Clarion 5.5 How would I go about converting this data? Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 Hi Kevin, Clarion 5.5 will read and write Clarion DOS v2.109 .dat files just fine. If the files are from a version earlier than v2.109 then deleting the key (.kxx) files and opening the files in Clarion 5.5 should convert them for you. The changes are in the keys. On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 17:11:23 GMT, Kevin Willis wrote: > I have several Clarion DOS v2.1 DOS data files with keys - .DAT and .KXX > files respectively - that I'd like to convert over to Clarion 5.5 > > How would I go about converting this data? > > Kevin Willis > klwillis.dsl@verizon.net > ICQ:32805500 Hi Kevin, Greg is right - leaving them in the Clarion data format is fine. We've done this a fiar bit when migrating dos apps to windows - we leave the data strucutres "untouched". This allows for both Dos & windows programs to work at the same time, and makes for a very smooth change-over. After that you can use File Manager 3 (www.capesoft.com) to painlessly convert it to any of the other structures that clarion offers. cheers Bruce "Gregory C. Bailey" <lanmicro@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:1eafcs476r233.1tnzabpamab0r.dlg@40tude.net... > Hi Kevin, > > Clarion 5.5 will read and write Cla...

Clarion IP driver/Clarion 6
I had a production Clarion IP Server running on a Windows XP machine (a VM Guest). All but three of my Data managers have been unloaded and do not appear on the list of installable DLL's. I have a development server running and all is ok, but I un-installed the IP Server, deleted it, copied the working one and installed it, but when I refreshed the data managers, it removed the same ones. I have made a new VM...a Windows 7 Ultimate, installed the IP server from the Development machine, but this also removes and refuses to load the same data managers. What am I missing? El jue...

Clarion 5.5
Hi, We have a project that was written using Clarion 5.5 and SocketWrench. The original project was developed outside our company, but we have to be able to do at least simple modifications or bug fixes ourselves in the future. We have no prior experience with Clarion, but we will be able to get help with basics of Clarion development. However, we need to get a copy of Clarion 5.5 and SocketWrench. We would prefer not to work with the latest version of Clarion, because we don't want to have to deal with any incompatibilities or porting issues. But when I contacted Soft Velocity about this, they say they no longer sell version 5.5. Does anyone here know how and where we can legally get a license and installation media for this version of Clarion? Is it something that people can sell second-hand, and if so is there anyone who can sell us a license? mvh., David Brown Norway. On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 21:32:33 +0200, David Brown <david.brown@removethis.hesbynett.no> wrote: >Does anyone here know how and where we can legally get a license and >installation media for this version of Clarion? Is it something that >people can sell second-hand, and if so is there anyone who can sell us a >license? Ask here http://www.softvelocity.com/ There is a forum just for Clarion, but you need a Clarion license to join. /Hans On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 21:32:33 +0200, David Brown wrote: > Hi, > > We have a...

Clarion 5.5 encrypting text files using PGP
We are planning on using PGP to encrypt our poll files. I heard a rumour that there is an executable that I can call from a clarion program that will run command line PGP encryption for the files. If you have done this or know about the executable, I would really appreciate any advice or information you can share with me. Thank you. ...

Clarion DOS to Clarion Windows Conversion
Hi Newsmembers - What problems have you encountered when converting from a DOS-based Clarion project to Clarion for Windows. I'll be using Clarion version 5.5, and upgrading to 6.0 in the near future. Thankyou, - Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 A fully rewrite is generally required. If you have a bunch of logic code (formulas and such), then you can convert that source without too much effort. Everything else (especially the windows interface and file access code) will require a significant rethinking and almost total redevelopment. Sorry for the bad news. -=> Mike Hanson <=- On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 22:06:40 GMT, Kevin Willis <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote: >Hi Newsmembers - > >What problems have you encountered when >converting from a DOS-based Clarion >project to Clarion for Windows. > >I'll be using Clarion version 5.5, >and upgrading to 6.0 in the near future. > >Thankyou, > >- Kevin Willis >klwillis.dsl@verizon.net >ICQ:32805500 > > > > dont do it ! and if you have the chance to look out into the future. think about looking at tools that can generate .NET apps say VB . NET. Or tools that code charge. Since clarion is a product that is not language indepandent think about a tool set that cater for more then one language and doesnt use a meta modelling system such as txa's. so before leaping into clarion for windows which is really a product designed ...

Clarion 5.5 Professional
I ran through the Clarion 5.5 tutorial and attempted to set the table property label option to 'ini' for "Edit in Place", but it was not possible. Any ideas why this may be happening? Thankyou, Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 ...

Unresolved External error linking C dll to Clarion 5.5 program
I am creating a Clarion program to connect to a POS program written in C. I have created the Lib file from the c dll using libmaker. The program compiles w/o errors but fails on the link step with "unresolved External". The function is prototyped in the H file as: short int APIENTRY epluread (struct f_parm_ *f_parm_arg, PLU_QDX *plu_arg) I have declared it in my Clarion program as: epluread (*group,*group),short,C,raw,name('epluread'),DLL() In the notes for the API for the C program it suggests: "Make sure that f_parm and plu_buff structure members are 1 byte aligned. Use /Zp1 in project building or insert #pragma pack 1 in the code." I have tried using underscores in the Name() attribute as well as using the Pascal calling convention instead of C. Nothing seems to help. Can anyone suggest a possible solution? -- ! Jim Katz ! Certified Clarion Developer ! Author: ABC DLL Toolkit Maintainer: DEF for ABC,DET for Legacy ! Web Site: http://home.iag.net/~jimkatz/ ! Company: iTradeZone,Inc. ! Using Clarion for Windows - Always looking for the simpler solution. ! netBeans 5.0 beta ! Sun Java Studio Creator ! Webmaster http://GladiatorOfTheArena.com/gladiatorsgameserver What does CW show the name of the procedure as, and what's the name of the procedure in the .lib file (just open the .lib in notepad and search for it) ? Paul Hi Paul, In Libmaker the name is epluread and it appears the same when opening in notepad except for t...

Share Clarion 5.5
Any one have an old Clarion 5.5 software? I really need it to try my clarion programming in windows. Because I need my browse can use EIP with DropDown menu Dear Erwin, Contact me on ericleungsaikeung@gmail.com if you need this. Eric Erwin wrote: > Any one have an old Clarion 5.5 software? > I really need it to try my clarion programming in windows. > Because I need my browse can use EIP with DropDown menu ...

I am attempting to run clarion 5.5 on my computer running XP and I get a "16 bit MS-DOS subsystem error" It says that the VDD format in the registry is invalid. I have reloaded the VDD file and still get the error. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Clarion Not Working
i have clarion 6.3 whitch is running under windows 2000 server after i install service pack three when i double click on ( c60ee ) nothing happen no open error message , i tried to delete all dll files and try run again nothing happend no error no runing i installed hotfix 9052 nothing happend what i can do ...

what is clarion?
? A very powerful development system for building computer programs. Its primary focus is database applications, but it can be bent into a lot of different shapes by a knowledgable user. Tim "VIJAY" <vijaynats@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5407b3d4.0310212323.6e23fd53@posting.google.com... > ? "VIJAY" <vijaynats@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5407b3d4.0310212323.6e23fd53@posting.google.com... > ? Hi VIJAY, (From a CodeSnip entry...) What Clarion really is: It is a database centric language with a code generating IDE, which will basically complete 70 - 80% of your DATA MAINTENANCE code after you designed your tables/files in the Data Dictionary. Then the IDE is used to develop the UNIQUE procedures for your application using many available templates and CODE EMBEDS in the templates. What basically is Clarion? 1) Clarion is actually an APPLICATION PROGRAMMING language and a code generating IDE. It is designed for easy usage while building data-intensive business computer applications. Clarion has one BIG difference in developing database applications in that the Developer MUST determine what data is to be in the database and how that data is to be manipulated BEFORE beginning to develop the application. This is because the FIRST thing you must develop in the IDE are the data files using the Data Dictionary Utility. 2) Clarion has an Integrated Design Environment (IDE) which includes a data-dictionary utility so...

Web resources about - Clarion 2 entry fields fail but text fields work if specific programs installed on XP. Clarion 5 apps ok. - comp.lang.clarion

States of India by installed power capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ "ALL INDIA REGIONWISE GENERATING INSTALLED CAPACITY OF POWER" (PDF) . Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India. ...

Facebook, Messenger Pre-Installed on New Nokia 215, Nokia 215 Dual SIM Low-Cost Handsets
Facebook and Facebook Messenger are among the preinstalled applications on the new Nokia 215 and Nokia 215 Dual SIM entry-level phones from Microsoft ...

Installed a new HDD - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Seagate 100GB, 7200RPM in the 3 year old PowerBook.

FIRST EVER IPAD MINI INSTALLED INTO DASH OF A CAR - YouTube
Soundwaves of Tampa is the first to install a iPad Mini into a dash of a car. Please check us out and build pics at http://Facebook.com/soundwavesoftampa ...

Queensland's first Bitcoin ATM installed in South Brisbane
What is believed to be Queensland&#8217;s first Bitcoin ATM is up and running at a South Brisbane cafe, allowing customers to withdraw and sell ...

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

New cycling separations to be installed on ACT roads
New separation measures will be installed and trialled on ACT roads in the next 12 months, as the government attempts to make cycling safer by ...