Clarion 3.0 network help needed

We have a DOS app created in Clarion 3.0 we are running under an
ethernet network. Our server and most of the PCs are WIN 98SE.  I have
a PC with WIN2000 also accessing the server datafiles.

I am getting recently a lot of drive reading errors on the PCs on the
network. They come at strange times; for example, when someone is
saving a record, when another user just enters data into a variable for
a sub-search on a datafile, and it's always a problem opening up a
file, a different one each time, when the error comes. On my WIN2000
machine, I recieved a general protection error, when I look at
XTRACE.txt, I see CS:IP segment errors and under the call chain
section, it lists 7 segments, the number of which corresponds to the
number of orphan $$$ files on the server folder.

It seems as though the $$$ files are somehow responsible for way to rid
ourselves of the $$$ orphans is to do a reboot of the system, because
you cannot delete these - it seems that the server has put a hold on
these files, or thinks that they are still being used, when they're
not. When we reboot and delete these files, we're OK for a while.

If anyone has any insight as to what may be happening, or if our
WIN2000 PC may be affecting this problem, seeing as it is a relatively
new addition to our existing network of WIN98 SE PCs, I'd like to hear
about it. Also, we've made a few changes to the app and added a few
things- it is possible that the code may be responsible for some of it.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Craig Barrett
Claims Recovery Systems
8 East Main Street
Carnegie Pa 15106
Office 800-219-8603
Mobile 412-841-4495

0
cbarrett (1)

Porting Clarion 6.3 Build 9059 to Clarion 8.0.0 Build 8498
Hi All Sorry for Cross Posting from SVClarion.clarion8 NG Bit this is a bit urgent. Just a couple of Question on the Migration. If Clarion 8 Build 8498 Does not like INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',SCREEN) It keeps on changing to: INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',) With the Error = No matching prototype available On Migration, what should I use ? And also does not like SELF.OkControl = ?Ok It keeps on changing to: SELF.OkControl = With the Error = Expected <operand> (+- CHOOSE What should I use ? I have gone through the help on Migration, but cannot see anything relevant to my Migration Problems. Thanks in advance Peter Hi all It was #SEQ(3) which is new in Clarion 8 Just removed them from the Window code And it was OK. Regards Peter "Peter" <NOSPAMvirtualsoftware@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:4e163ddd$0$32573$c30e37c6@pit-reader.telstra.net... > Hi All > Sorry for Cross Posting from SVClarion.clarion8 NG > Bit this is a bit urgent. > > Just a couple of Question on the Migration. > > If Clarion 8 Build 8498 > Does not like > INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',SCREEN) > It keeps on changing to: > INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',) > With the Error = No matching prototype available > On Migration, what should I use ? > > And also does not like > SELF.OkControl = ?Ok > It keeps on changing to: > SELF.OkControl = With the E...

Help needed for Clarion for Windows 3
Hello, Years ago I wrote an application in Clarion for Windows 3. I want to include a variable in the caption of a window but I can't find how to do this in the help files. Can this be done and what would the correct syntax be ? Thanks in advance, Kind regards, Try window_name{prop:text} = 'Your text' Harry Hugo COX wrote: > Hello, > > Years ago I wrote an application in Clarion for Windows 3. > I want to include a variable in the caption of a window but I can't find how > to do this in the help files. > > Can this be done and what would the correct syntax be ? > > Thanks in advance, > > Kind regards, > > ...

Clarion DD ver. 3.0 and Clarion PD 2110
I happen to have the 10 original discs for this program. Any one interested? ...

Network 0.0.0.0 needed?
When redistributing a default route learned via EIGRP into BGP it seems the route will not propagate into the BGP table unless you have network 0.0.0.0 configured under BGP. Does anyone know why this is necessary? A safety measure perhaps? Thanks! You can also do this with a "neighbor x.x.x.x default-originate" command under "router bgp" BGP was designed for the Internet, where there is no default-route. Scott "Paul Thompson" <shinobi2@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:v5o2t2dpq2653k37q2ki830dsae2728n5q@4ax.com... > When redistributing a default route learned via EIGRP into BGP it > seems the route will not propagate into the BGP table unless you have > network 0.0.0.0 configured under BGP. Does anyone know why this is > necessary? A safety measure perhaps? > > Thanks! ...

Re: Need help with proc corr SAS 9.0.0 syntax #3
I got a SAS 9.0.0 program like this ********************************************************** options nodate ls=74; goptions hpos=40 vpos=25; data regger; input x y z; cards; 4.2 2.8 6.2 3.8 2.5 10.1 5.2 3.3 15.2 3.4 2.1 4.5 4.5 2.9 12.1 4.6 2.8 13.7 4.3 2.6 10.0 3.7 2.4 6.9 3.9 2.5 9.9 ; proc corr fisher(alpha = 0.05 rho0 = 0.5 type=upper) nosimple; var x y z; run; Toan, .... If these 9 lines contain all your data, fisher z-test for correlations may not be appropriate, since it is based on larger sample sizes (say at least 20 or more). Even with somewhat larger sample sizes, confidence intervals on correlations tend to be very wide, so keep that in mind whatever the purpose for comparing them may be. Robin High Univ. of Oregon ...

need Clarion Programmer (work for Clarion software developer)
Hello, we need a Clarion programmer to do soem work in Clarion program (need to fix soem problems in Calrion software). Please e-mail: nick@primedebtsoft.com ...

Clarion 6 help needed
I have been given a task of upgrading a software application that has been coded using Clarion version 6. It is a small to medium size package that consists of some thirty or so forms. The software suffers from speed issues and design problems. The data is stored in TPS files. Some new purchasing facilities need implementing and the customer wants to migrate to using Microsoft SQL Server. Being from a Visual Basic background I am struggling to get to grips with the concepts of using Clarion. I open a file type .app which seems to be equivalent to a Visual Basic Project. Inside seems to be a treelist containing all the form some of which appear multiple times. What I need to determine is if it's worth sticking with Clarion or rewriting the entire thing using VB or even C#. 1. Some column names are horrific and need refactoring. How does one do a simple search and replace? 2. What is the Clarion equivalent to an ADODB Recordset? 3. How do I copy a control from one form to another? 4. Where can I see the available events for a control? Thanks in advance, John John, IMO, Clarion 6 is better but there is a fairly steep learning curve. The reason for this is Clarion has 3 levels: the Clarion language, the Clarion Application generator, and the Clarion Template language. Learning the Clarion language would be equivalent to learning Visual Basic. To create a program with just the language, you would create a project (.prj). ...

Upgrading from Clarion 5.5 to Clarion 6.0
What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Hi Kevin, I have just copied apps over into another directory and loaded them up into C6 and they compile and run just fine with no changes needed... 3rd party stuff can be somewhat tricky in some cases tho... -- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (BigTamer(tm) Templates) "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... > What issues have you encountered and what were > the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? No plobrems at all. -- Kind regards, James Cooke ----------------------------------------------------------- Publish and maintain your own technical tips on Clarionfoundry! Clarionfoundry can be found at http://www.clarionpublisher.com ----------------------------------------------------------- "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Just read the migration and what's new docs. You will have to pay attention to threading. Things are a bit tighter, so I do expect a few reports of "worked in 5.5". You won't be able to get away with things like you could earlier. But to a load a 5.5 app...

Clarion World Network & Top Clarion Programmers
The World Network of experienced Clarion programmers and companies with Clarion technology was updated. Still looking for Clarion programmers or companies from some States and World countries: USA - Alaska, Delaware, Rhode Island, North & South Dakota, Wyoming. "One State - One Clarion programmer - One Clarion job - One Clarion project - One Success story - and More & More in the future, of course!" Best Regards! -- Alfred Blaho dB & Web Programmer for hire http://www.artofprogramming.net ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Clarion Jobs & Career Resources: http://www.artofprogramming.net/resources/jobs.html Clarion Developers & IT Companies: http://www.artofprogramming.net/dev_clarion_developers.html \\ | // (o o) ~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ...

Aspose.Network for .NET
Aspose.Network is a suite of .NET components for professional network programming. Main features are; Support for Microsoft Exchange Server, Drag & Drop messages from Microsoft Outlook, Sending a Batch of Emails and Mail Merge features, Import & Export emails from Mht & Eml formats. Also supports .NET logging framework, querying, retrieving and deleting messages. It supports all the useful features of SMTP, MIME, POP3, FTP, WhoIs, DNS, ICMP, IMAP, HTTP, SOCKS 4/4A and SOCKS 5. Product Link: http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Network/ Download Link: http://www.aspose.co...

The World Network of Clarion programmers & New Clarion Jobs
Hi All Clarion fans! The World Network of experienced Clarion programmers and companies with Clarion technology was updated and New Clarion Jobs found. Clarion developers are available in the best parts of the World, throughout all time-zones, on-site and remotelly as well. -- Best Regards! Alfred Blaho dB & Web Programmer for hire http://www.artofprogramming.net The World Network of Clarion Developers & IT Companies: http://www.artofprogramming.net/dev_clarion_developers.html Clarion Jobs & Career Resources: http://www.artofprogramming.net/resources/jobs.html ...

Need help working out if a DB is clarion??
Guys, I have been informed that my site runs a Clarion DB. Here is a copy of the files http://203.8.189.31/ota_products/site_files/ Can someone confirm they are Clarion? If so, I am looking at populating MS access DB from the files, how is this done? Thanks for any help provided. first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed files and if you want toconvert it from topspeed to access you have to use odbc to convert ikrami2000@hotmail.com Thanks karim, So they are Clarion? Where do I get odbc from? Thanks karim wrote: > first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed > files and if you want toconvert it from topspeed to access you have to > use odbc to convert > > > ikrami2000@hotmail.com send me your email adamm@ota.com.au wrote: > Thanks karim, > > So they are Clarion? Where do I get odbc from? > > Thanks > karim wrote: > > first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed > > files and if you want toconvert it from topspeed to access you have to > > use odbc to convert > > > > > > ikrami2000@hotmail.com i got your email karim wrote: > send me your email > adamm@ota.com.au wrote: > > Thanks karim, > > > > So they are Clarion? Where do I get odbc from? > > > > Thanks > > karim wrote: > > > first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed > >...

Help Needed
Is anyone out there using Clarion to insert invoices into MYOB accounts using MYOB ODBC v5 I can import Customers, but not invoices. Any help at this point is would be appreciated. Sean Hennessy ...

Clarion Professional 5.5 & Clarion for DOS 3.102
Hi, I have licensed copies of Clarion Professional Edition 5.5 and Clarion for DOS 3.102 and would like to sell them. But I have no idea what they are worth nor where to sell them. I've thought about eBay but I don't think I'll get much for them there. Any ideas on price and where to sell them? Thanks Mark markstubbins@comcast.net ...

Clarion 7 - Clarion 6.3
Hopefully, most of those that read these newsgroups have already received special emails or phone calls concerning the SoftVelocity Summer Update specials, but my company is running a special C7 blog about it for general details at: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?p=69 or Clarion 7 Blogs http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?cat=3 The SoftVelocity Summer Special is all about special pricing for the CSP - Core Subscription Program. The specific details for your pricing must be obtained from SoftVelocity or an authorized distributor. Special update pricing is for a limited time! This might be a reminder for some to send SoftVelocity an updated email address for contact. David -- From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange Online http://encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/ http://www.encouragersoftware.com/ ...

if time = 3 seconds, how do i set the values of the time steps 0,0.1,0.2,0.3,0.5,1.0,1.5,2.0,3.0,5.0 to -9999 from time =3 seconds
Hi &nbsp; I have 18 inputs (arrays) which contain certain statistics and if time&nbsp;&nbsp;= 3 seconds, set the values of time step 5.0 to -9999.0. &nbsp; I was wondering if there is an efficient way to do this without using a lot of case statements? &nbsp; Thank you. Hello AdrianT, it's not really clear to me what you want to do... I suspect: you have an array containing values and you want to output them with a fixed timing of 3 seconds: you should use a for loop autoindexing trough your array and sending the value to your indicator/output/whatever. Put a "wait for next multiple" into your for loop. Or do you want to have a minimum time delay of 3 seconds? Again use a for loop, get the time value and use a InRange&amp;Coerce with minimum set to 3 seconds... Or you should explain more precisely what you need... Hi Thanks for that. Let me explain. &nbsp; The time may vary. Let me give an example. if time&nbsp; = 2.1, I want to set the time step's &nbsp;3.0 and 5.0's values to -9999.0. if the time =0.1 seconds then I want to set 0.2,0.3, 0.5 etc values to -9999.0 etc .................................................................... &nbsp; Can you please help? Thank you. Hello TUDS, do you use different accounts/nicknames ? Well, that's easy, at least for a sorted array: Search for your time-value in the array (Threshold 1D array). Fill all elements from that index till the end with your "error...

Need Clarion help/training in McKinney TX
I have an application that needs a little work. View www.verifycharges.com to see examples of it's screens and functionality. It was created for me by Jesus Moreno, founder of Gitano Software, who did an excellent job, but is too far from here, and much too busy, I imagine, to give me a little personal instruction. I have an old version of Clarion - version 5.5, the one used to create this application. I'd like to be able to do my own maintenance, but tried and failed to learn Clarion. I even took their one week training course a few years ago. They acknowledged that the instructor was an abysmal failure, and offered another free class, but the cost and time of travel to Florida a 2nd time dissuaded me. I've been a programmer since 1963, using many languages, from Autocoder and 8086 and other assembly languages thru COBOL, Business Basic, and a few other compiled languages. View www.PCHPlano.com to get an idea of my current abilities. I should be able to come up to speed quickly. I am looking for someone near McKinney TX who is able to provide a few hours of person to person help at a reasonable price per hour. Use appointments@PCHplano.com to contact me. TIA, Paul ...

Help with Cisco VPN client 4.0.3 (upgraded from 3.6.0)
I recently upgraded my client from version 3.6.0 to version 4.0.3.I'm running Windows 2000. I uninstalled the old client, rebooted, installed the new one, rebooted and tried to connect. Both the profiles I had on the 3.6.0 version worked, I could VPN with both of them. Since I've installed 4.0.3 I cannot access either profile any longer. Here is part of the log (if someone could help me I would greatly appreciate it, I have no idea what's causing this problem): -------------- Cisco Systems VPN Client Version 4.0.3 (C) Copyright (C) 1998-2003 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserve...

Need help in Sending an Email using clarion 6
I have managed to get a form up that used a Send button to send a email. I now need to send a email automatically on certain events. I have a timer event that i can add code to send the email. It can call a procedure but I still then need to click the Send Button How can I send a email just using code and NO buttons Thanks in advance Peter the easyest thing I can think of is to POST and event of accepted on the button (make the button invisible if you like. POST(EVENT:Accepted, ?ButtonSend) That Should do the trick ...

Setting up networking on AIX 5.3
I finally got AIX 5.3 installed on my RS/6000 7025 F50. It now boots AIX 5.3 and I can log in via a serial port. But I want to network this thing on my home network. Unlike AIX 5.2, where one gets asked a series of questions such as hostname IP subnet mask router's IP address. IP for DNS server I got nothing. All I got was a login prompt. I typed "root" for a user name, and it let me in without a password. But I'm rather stuck at this point. On AIX 5.2, this seem to be taken care of. On Solaris one gets asked questions. But for an AIX newbie, 5.3 is very unhelpful. I basic...

Help!! Need devguide 3.0.1 for solaris
Hi, Unfortunately, I cannot find anything on Sun site for this SDK. It's SDK for creating Openwindows GUI on Solaris. This gets installed into /opt/SUNWguide. If you have it, please tar it up and send it to me. If it's too big, contact me for a FTP address. Thank you. Steve ...

calling all clarion experts...badly need your assistance #3
hello everybody, im new to clarion and still having a hard time chewing it. i got this simple problem hopefully you can give me a very good input on this. i got 2 files .tps and .dos. i read from the group that it's something like a binary, read-only ...etc. i tried to rename this to .txt, when opened i see few first series of chars to be meaningful and the rest are garbage chars. tried to opened it in clarion using basic driver, still got the same result. i renamed it to .tps and i got error when tried to open it. i tried file - import and choose dos driver but i got this error 'file driver does not support file import' i run out of options.what should be done to extract the data? looking forward for your swift input.thanks. You will get a lot more help if you go to the SoftVelocity server: news.softvelocity.com Rocky <soft_devjava@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1130302749.138502.118460@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hello everybody, > > im new to clarion and still having a hard time chewing it. i got this > simple problem hopefully you can give me a very good input on this. > > > i got 2 files .tps and .dos. i read from the group that it's something > like a binary, read-only ...etc. i tried to rename this to .txt, when > opened i see few first series of chars to be meaningful and the rest > are garbage chars. > > > tried to opened it in clarion using basic driver, still got the same > r...

clarion and help
i use clarion 55 how can create help file thank you youcef -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr http://forums.club-internet.fr/ youcef, Why don't you have a look at ezHelp: http://www.capesoft.com/accessories/ezhelpsp.htm -- Geoff (at Capesoft) PS - All viewpoints regarding Capesoft products are as unbiased as possible - but there are no guarantees <g>. Tel: +27 21 715 4000 Fax: +27 21 715 2535 www.capesoft.com "youcef" <djiryoucef@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:20031030-115222-846853@foorum.com... > > > > i use clarion 55 > how can create help file > > thank you > > youcef > -- > Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr > This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr > > http://forums.club-internet.fr/ I've used EzHelp for several years. It does the job very well. "Geoff Thomson" <geoff@capesoft.com> wrote in message news:A921.1067521523.1730@discuss.softvelocity.com... > youcef, > > Why don't you have a look at ezHelp: Hi, I use Help & Manual. Fantastic. Generate, with a single project: HTML help, win help, Multimedia Help, DOC, PDF and have a excellent screen capture. Nelson Carvalho Brasil youcef escreveu: > i use clarion 55 > how can create help file > > thank you > >...

clarion 22 and clarion 55
i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 i have message link error. to many files -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr http://forums.club-internet.fr/ I am really flushing now. There was really no problems. I had missed the 4.1 patch (also from april) So now Im smiling again! "youcef" <ydjira@caramail.com> skrev i melding news:20031111-9206-522759@foorum.com... > > i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 > when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 > > i have message > link error. to many files > -- > Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr > This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr > > http://forums.club-internet.fr/ ...

Web resources about - Clarion 3.0 network help needed - comp.lang.clarion

Clarion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Clarion, Illinois , U.S. Clarion, Iowa , U.S. Clarion, Pennsylvania , U.S. Clarion, Utah , U.S., a ghost town settled as a Jewish farming colony ...

The Clarion-Ledger - Jackson, MS news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving ...
Jackson, MS Mississippi News - clarionledger.com is the home page of Jackson, MS Mississippi with in depth and updated Jackson, MS local news. ...

Captain Clarion (@citizensrock) on Twitter

The Clarion-Ledger Print Edition on the App Store on iTunes
Get The Clarion-Ledger Print Edition on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Banksy in SF on Clarion Alley - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... photos on Flickr. atlasrising has uploaded 128 photos to Flickr. hey there - great capture, i LOVE this piece. but... it was not on clarion ...

RMI President Address to the World: "A clarion call from the climate change frontline" - YouTube
As world leaders prepare to gather in New York for the UN Secretary-General’s Climate Summit, the President of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, ...

State of Origin: Blues' clarion call pivotal in getting Trent Hodkinson over the line
A simple "Blues" call was all it took for Trent Hodkinson to end Queensland's State of Origin dominance. The laconic halfback, who has gained ...

Clarion call for teenagers is to violence not religion, says terrorism expert
Violence is being sold to the young as an empowering and self-satisfying blow against the West.

Review: Incipio’s new Clarion, Faraday & Tuxen folio cases offer three small twists on iPad Air 2 protection ...
... to plastic iPad holders, varying more in the particulars than the broad strokes. We’re taking a quick look today at three cases: Clarion ($35), ...

Hands-on with the Clarion AX1 car stereo with SwiftKey
The Clarion AX1, a new car stereo running Android, has the SwiftKey keyboard built in. We take it for a spin at CES.