Clarion 6 help needed

I have been given a task of upgrading a software application that has been
coded using Clarion version 6.  It is a small to medium size package that
consists of some thirty or so forms.

The software suffers from speed issues and design problems.  The data is
stored in TPS files.

Some new purchasing facilities need implementing and the customer wants to
migrate to using Microsoft SQL Server.

Being from a Visual Basic background I am struggling to get to grips with
the concepts of using Clarion.

I open a file type .app which seems to be equivalent to a Visual Basic
Project.

Inside seems to be a treelist containing all the form some of which appear
multiple times.

What I need to determine is if it's worth sticking with Clarion or rewriting
the entire thing using VB or even C#.

1.        Some column names are horrific and need refactoring.  How does one
do a simple search and replace?

2.       What is the Clarion equivalent to an ADODB Recordset?

3.       How do I copy a control from one form to another?

4.       Where can I see the available events for a control?

Thanks in advance,

John

John,

IMO, Clarion 6 is better but there is a fairly steep learning curve.  The
reason for this is Clarion has 3 levels: the Clarion language, the Clarion
Application generator, and the Clarion Template language.

Learning the Clarion language would be equivalent to learning Visual Basic.
To create a program with just the language, you would create a project
(.prj).  This would be equivalent to a VB Project except that you would have
to hand code an event loop for each form.

What you have is an Application Generator program (.app).  This kind of
program handles the control events with what is called "embeds" that are
automatically created by templates.  The hardest thing to learn is which
embed to use although events for controls on a form are fairly easy.  On
that tree list of forms that you see in the IDE, if you right click and
select Embeds you will see another tree list of places you can embed hand
code.  When you first see this list, go to the toolbar at the top of the
screen and click "Expand Filled".  This will condense the list and make it
easier to see the window controls embeds.  You will also be able to see
where the former programmer embedded code.  It is not necessary to embed any
code to make a simple program work but that would be rare.

The third level is the Template language which you don't need to know but is
extremely useful if you learn it.  The F1 help for this is not complete but
the F1 help for the other 2 levels is good -- just highlight a keyword and
press F1.  The absolute best help is on the newsgroups on
news.softvelocity.com.  The top experts are all there and help everybody who
asks.  If you are going to work with Clarion definitely read the newsgroups
on this server.

For your questions:
> 1.        Some column names are horrific and need refactoring.  How does
> one do a simple search and replace?
In the IDE, instead of opening the APP file, open the Dictionary (DCT) from
which the program gets its file/key/relation specs.  Select the table you
want to modify.  The field names will appear in the right pane.  Just
double-click the field and change the name to whatever you want.  The next
time that you open the APP and generate/compile, the field name will be
changed in all of the template generated code.  You will get errors wherever
the old field name is used in hand coded embeds.  The errors will show you
where the hand code has to be fixed.

For your TPS files, changing a field name will require a conversion of the
file.  Once you are using MS SQL, if you change a field name in the
Dictionary, you can go into the SQL Query Analyzer (in SQL Server) and
modify the field name there as well.

> 2.       What is the Clarion equivalent to an ADODB Recordset?
Almost all of the database access is handled by the templates.  A lot less
complexity, IMO.

> 3.       How do I copy a control from one form to another?
Double-Click on a form in the IDE.  Click the little button next to the
button that says Window.  This will show you the code used to create the
Window.  Copy the code for the control, go to the new window, open it the
same way and paste.

> 4.       Where can I see the available events for a control?
In the embeds tree I described above.

HTH,
Brad Kunkel
Integrated Business, Inc.

"John" <John500xcx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have been given a task of upgrading a software application that has been
>coded using Clarion version 6.  It is a small to medium size package that
>consists of some thirty or so forms.
>
> The software suffers from speed issues and design problems.  The data is
> stored in TPS files.
>
> Some new purchasing facilities need implementing and the customer wants to
> migrate to using Microsoft SQL Server.
>
> Being from a Visual Basic background I am struggling to get to grips with
> the concepts of using Clarion.
>
> I open a file type .app which seems to be equivalent to a Visual Basic
> Project.
>
> Inside seems to be a treelist containing all the form some of which appear
> multiple times.
>
> What I need to determine is if it's worth sticking with Clarion or
> rewriting the entire thing using VB or even C#.
>
> 1.        Some column names are horrific and need refactoring.  How does
> one do a simple search and replace?
>
> 2.       What is the Clarion equivalent to an ADODB Recordset?
>
> 3.       How do I copy a control from one form to another?
>
> 4.       Where can I see the available events for a control?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> John

0
bkunkel1 (22)
7/12/2008 6:22:26 PM
John,

>I have been given a task of upgrading a software application that has been
>coded using Clarion version 6.  It is a small to medium size package that
>consists of some thirty or so forms.

Thirty forms (procedures) by today's standards is a fairly small Clarion
application.  I have several Clarion applications that are 310 procedures.

> The software suffers from speed issues and design problems.  The data is
> stored in TPS files.

There can be several reasons for slowness.  More "specs" with respect  to
your application need to be known to be able to help solving the slowness
problem.  Fixing the slowness problem with .TPS files is usually quick and
easy after the cause(s) are known.

> Some new purchasing facilities need implementing...

AppShell(tm) code (kinda like a template or code library) for doing the
purchasing stuff can be purchased for doing that if you like which might be
a good way for you to get your job done and learn "The Clarion Way" at the
same time. You can go here to download a demo which are a.
http://www.kwiksystems.net/AppShellDownload/DukeDemo.EXE

> and the customer wants to migrate to using Microsoft SQL Server.

This is very posible but is the Customer REALLY wanting to use MS-SQL???  It
is a lot more expensive to purchase, use, code, AND maintain MS-SQL than
using .TPS files.  If the Customer is a small one, or even a mid-sized one,
using files with only a several hundred thousand records in each of the
"big" files, .TPS would undoubtedly be easier and better.  By the way, there
is more than one way to "convert" a Clarion app to MS-SQL or any other SQL
database.

> Being from a Visual Basic background I am struggling to get to grips with
> the concepts of using Clarion.

See below...

> I open a file type .app which seems to be equivalent to a Visual Basic
> Project.
>
> Inside seems to be a treelist containing all the form some of which appear
> multiple times.

That treelist is the Clarion IDE's way of showing you all of the procedures
in the application and how they are "organized".  The repeated procedures
that are "common" procedures used more than once in the application.  These
"common" procedures are used to "setup" some ad-hoc filter specs for a
browse list or a report.

> What I need to determine is if it's worth sticking with Clarion or
> rewriting the entire thing using VB or even C#.

Even with the "learning curve" required for your getting going using "The
Clarion Way", I think sticking with Clarion will be faster in the short
term, and faster for sure in the long term, especially for the ongoing
maintenance of the application.

> 1  Some column names are horrific and need refactoring.

Everyone seems to have their "own" naming conventions.  <g>

> How does one do a simple search and replace?

Using the Clarion IDE provides a different technique than search and
replace.
In the IDE, instead of opening the APP file,
1.) Open the Dictionary (DCT) file from which the program gets its
file/table specs. e.g. file/key/relationships setup in the Dictionary
Editor.
2.) Select the file/table you want to modify.
3.) The field names will appear in the right pane.
4.) Just double-click the field and change the name to whatever you want.
5.) The next time that you open the IDE and do a select/generate/compile of
the .APP file, the field name(s) will be changed in all of the Application
Generator's template generated code.
6.) However, you will get "compile" errors wherever the old field name was
used in hand code in any embeds.
7.) The IDE's compile errors will show you "in the actual generated code"
where the hand code has to be fixed when you double click on the error(s)
generated by the IDE. The same holds true if you change a PROCEDURE'S name
in the procedure tree.
8.) For your TPS files, changing a field name will require a conversion of
the
file before you can run the generated executable application using the file.
9.) Once you are using MS SQL, if you change a field name in the
Dictionary Utility, you can go into the SQL Query Analyzer (in SQL Server)
and
modify the field name there as well.

> 2.       What is the Clarion equivalent to an ADODB Recordset?

Almost all of the database access is handled by the features in the IDE.
There is also a separate utility called Topscan.exe for viewing and editing
the data in the .TPS files/tables.  A lot less complexity, IMO.  I use a
great utility called PowerDesk7 by Avanquest for "monitoring" the data in
..TPS files of my apps and complete OS file system.
http://www.avanquest.com/USA/pc-tools/utilities/desktop-tools/PowerDesk_Pro_7.html

> 3.       How do I copy a control from one form to another?

Many times not a good idea IMNSHO.  <g>  Just insert the control into the
procedure's window and then double left-click on the control itself and up
pops the embeds for the control for you to code what the control needs to
do.

> 4.       Where can I see the available events for a control?

Just double left-click on the control itself in the IDE's window
formatter/painter.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> John

What Clarion really is:

It is a database centric language with a code generating
Integrated Development Environment (IDE) which will
generate approximately 70 - 80% of your DATA
MAINTENANCE procedure's code according to the
design of your tables/files (database) which is
performed in the Data Dictionary Editor in the IDE.
The IDE is then used to develop the UNIQUE functionality
using various "base" templates to produce "unique"
procedures required for your application along with
many available "extension" templates and the use of
HAND CODE EMBED POINTS in the templates.

What basically is Clarion?

1) Clarion is actually the combination of an APPLICATION
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE and a code generating IDE
that uses "templates" from which the code is generated with
what is called an "AppGen" Utility.
It is designed for easy use while building data-intensive
computer applications for business management applications.

1)a. Clarion has one BIG difference in developing database
applications in that the Developer MUST determine what
data is to be in the database and how that data is to be
organized and manipulated BEFORE beginning to develop
the application.  This is because the FIRST thing you must
develop in the IDE are the data files/tables using the
Data Dictionary Editor Utility.

2) Clarion has an Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
which includes a data dictionary utility so you can define
all your data elements (tables) using it and then maintain
and reuse them easily.  I would compare the basic theory
behind using Clarion's IDE to using a word processor to
write and format the printing of a book or using a
spreadsheet application to design a complex feature rich
multi sheet/page spreadsheet.

3) Clarion has a large collection of templates in the system
plust there are many so called 3rd party templates for adding
many features to an application very easily.
Many 3rd party templates are free or very reasonably
priced.  These templates are used as a Clarion code library
in the IDE. Templates permit you to automatically generate
and EASILY MAINTAIN the application code generated
FROM the templates.

4.) Code generation is also based upon
the contents of the application's database in a "data
dictionary" as well as the user interface designed using
the screen painter and "control" templates included in
the IDE which are used for placing window controls,
prompts, etc on user interface screens.

5.) The templates also have "embed points" in them where
you can - using appropriate specifications, write special
hand code to override and/or modify the "normal"
behavior of the templates to provide extra and/or
unique functionality that is needed in the application.

6.) You can also develop applications by hand-coding in
the Clarion language or in the IDE using code, window,
control or procedure extension templates.

7) The ABC templates are Clarion's version of OOP
and use a set of OOP classes
(special reuseable procedures that interface with the
templates) thereby getting the benefit of REUSEABLE
CODE.  In other words, ABC (Application Builder Class)
templates are OOP oriented.  The Clarion templates are
not OOP oriented and are Procedure Oriented.  Sometimes the
Clarion Templates are referred to as Legacy Templates
and they are used in the older Procedure Style of IDE generation
and hand coding a procedure.  The later releases of Clarion
support both template styles.

Clarion supports Win32 development:

 8.)  A flip of the switch and you are compiling for 32-bit.
You can use any API calls.  Things like COM and XML
are available as "add-ons" from Soft Velocity and 3rd party
developers.  See links below.

Using some of the excellent 3rd party add-on products,
especially in the beginning,  instead of fighting through
it by hand is a good idea especially for the beginner.

Clarion has native database support with it's
included set of drivers.

Natively, Clarion has drivers to support:
ASCII, Basic, DbaseIII, dBaseIV, Clarion,
Clipper, FoxPro, Topspeed,
MS-SQL, Oracle, generic ODBC.

There are other specialized file drivers.  Some of
them would require either having the Enterprise Edition
(EE) or buy the drivers as an add-on to the
Professional Edition (PE) of Clarion For Windows.

Links to a few of the many informative sites follow:

http://www.softvelocity.com/
http://www.kwiksystems.net/clarion.htm
http://www.kwiksystems.net/
http://encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html
http://www.capesoft.com/
http://www.par2.com/
http://www.clarionmag.com

Might I suggest that you go to http://www.comsoft7.com/Products.htm and
click on the FREE BoTpl template suite button to see what is all included in
that template suite. Included in that suite are a couple of Utility
templates that will generate a complete documentation of all of the "specs"
of an app including the .dct file in .txt format.
--
Best Regards,
Earl R Coker

0
Earl
7/13/2008 6:18:28 AM
Hi John,

If you like, we can hook our PC's together using the free MS Remote
Assistance included in XP and I can show you a few things about Clarion
(especially with your app) to give you a jump-start on your learning The
Clarion Way.  You will need to send me a MS Remote Assistance Request by
email to start Remote Assistance.  It sounds to me like you are an
experienced Developer in VB so it should go rather well.

PLEASE NOTE: Be sure Remote Assistance is "turned on" in your computer.  I
hope you are using MS XP Pro which IMNSHO is much easier to use than Vista
although I guess the latest version of Vista does work OK using Remote
Assistance.  If you give me your phone number I can use my cell phone (I've
got a lot of spare minutes. <g>)  to talk to you at the same time, or else
you phone me, which helps in understanding things a LOT.  In an hour or so,
I think I can show you quite a lot about getting started with Clarion.  <g>
for some reason you don't want to use Remote Assistance.
---
Best Regards,
Earl R Coker
ksasales AT machlink DOT com
www.kwiksystems.net
www.kwiksystems.com
www.kwiksystems.net/appshell/index.htm
www.kwiksystems.net/ClarionTemplates.htm (BigTamer(tm) Templates)
563-388-9483  Single Ring Voice In/Out Number (9am-5pm Central Time GMT -6)
563-391-6506  Dual Ring Fax In Only Number (You MUST call the Voice number
first so we can turn it on for you to use.)

"John" <John500xcx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have been given a task of upgrading a software application that has been
>coded using Clarion version 6.  It is a small to medium size package that
>consists of some thirty or so forms.
>
> The software suffers from speed issues and design problems.  The data is
> stored in TPS files.
>
> Some new purchasing facilities need implementing and the customer wants to
> migrate to using Microsoft SQL Server.
>
> Being from a Visual Basic background I am struggling to get to grips with
> the concepts of using Clarion.
>
> I open a file type .app which seems to be equivalent to a Visual Basic
> Project.
>
> Inside seems to be a treelist containing all the form some of which appear
> multiple times.
>
> What I need to determine is if it's worth sticking with Clarion or
> rewriting the entire thing using VB or even C#.
>
> 1.        Some column names are horrific and need refactoring.  How does
> one do a simple search and replace?
>
> 2.       What is the Clarion equivalent to an ADODB Recordset?
>
> 3.       How do I copy a control from one form to another?
>
> 4.       Where can I see the available events for a control?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> John

0
Earl
7/13/2008 6:53:14 AM
Hi John,

As the other reply have said, the .app is really only half the project
the Data Dictionary (DCT) is the other half.  The DCT file also contains
much meta information regarding how fields are displayed and what
controls to use and so forth.

Clarion is really a meta programming environment, the information
in the app and dct files is used to create source code via templates
(read scripts) which is then compiled.

Many of us never, or rarely code more than a few lines at a time that
get inserted into the source generation sequence and out pops a program.

The difference with clarion is that this sequence happens every time you
build the program. Once you get the idea, this is very very powerfull
and fast.

There is another set of newsgroups at  news.softvelocity.com try also
looking there.

Sean H

John wrote:
> I have been given a task of upgrading a software application that has been
> coded using Clarion version 6.  It is a small to medium size package that
> consists of some thirty or so forms.
>
> The software suffers from speed issues and design problems.  The data is
> stored in TPS files.
>
> Some new purchasing facilities need implementing and the customer wants to
> migrate to using Microsoft SQL Server.
>
> Being from a Visual Basic background I am struggling to get to grips with
> the concepts of using Clarion.
>
> I open a file type .app which seems to be equivalent to a Visual Basic
> Project.
>
> Inside seems to be a treelist containing all the form some of which appear
> multiple times.
>
> What I need to determine is if it's worth sticking with Clarion or rewriting
> the entire thing using VB or even C#.
>
> 1.        Some column names are horrific and need refactoring.  How does one
> do a simple search and replace?
>
> 2.       What is the Clarion equivalent to an ADODB Recordset?
>
> 3.       How do I copy a control from one form to another?
>
> 4.       Where can I see the available events for a control?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> John

0
geishan (35)

Clarion 6 legacy to Clarion 6 ABC
Hi. I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 legacy to ABC. I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it possible with version 6 too? The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... (Feel a bit lost ;-)) Thanks for your help Hi JC, Have a look at http://www.comsoft7.com/BLAT.htm available here http://www.comsoft7.com/Prices.htm Also, you will get more and faster help on SoftVelocity's free public newsgroup news.softvelocity.com so I suggest you get on that newsgroup instead of this one. -- --- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.net www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.net/appshell/index.htm "JC" <realjench@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f51ed944-b011-4782-b7cd-8b02c4ca8e73@j14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... | Hi. | | I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 | legacy to ABC. | | I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it | possible with version 6 too? | | | The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... | | | I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... | | (Feel a bit lost ;-)) | | Thanks for your help On 5 jan, 17:20, "Earl R Coker" <ksasales AT machlink DOT com> wrote: > Hi JC, > > Have a look at =A0http://www.c...

Need help in Sending an Email using clarion 6
I have managed to get a form up that used a Send button to send a email. I now need to send a email automatically on certain events. I have a timer event that i can add code to send the email. It can call a procedure but I still then need to click the Send Button How can I send a email just using code and NO buttons Thanks in advance Peter the easyest thing I can think of is to POST and event of accepted on the button (make the button invisible if you like. POST(EVENT:Accepted, ?ButtonSend) That Should do the trick ...

need Clarion Programmer (work for Clarion software developer)
Hello, we need a Clarion programmer to do soem work in Clarion program (need to fix soem problems in Calrion software). Please e-mail: nick@primedebtsoft.com ...

Migration from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE
Hi, I've migrated my application from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE. In my dll app there are global extensions, and if I compile application I get linker errors: .... Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown004.obj ..... Unresolved External $VSTHREADCLASS:G4 in slowniki.obj Unresolved External KILL@F13VSTHREADCLASS in slowniki.obj Unresolved External $VSTHREADCLASS:G4 in slowniki.obj Unresolved External INIT@F13VSTHREADCLASS in slowniki.obj .... What is wrong? Any ideas? Regards, Mihca� ...

Upgrading from Clarion 5.5 to Clarion 6.0
What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Hi Kevin, I have just copied apps over into another directory and loaded them up into C6 and they compile and run just fine with no changes needed... 3rd party stuff can be somewhat tricky in some cases tho... -- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (BigTamer(tm) Templates) "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... > What issues have you encountered and what were > the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? No plobrems at all. -- Kind regards, James Cooke ----------------------------------------------------------- Publish and maintain your own technical tips on Clarionfoundry! Clarionfoundry can be found at http://www.clarionpublisher.com ----------------------------------------------------------- "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Just read the migration and what's new docs. You will have to pay attention to threading. Things are a bit tighter, so I do expect a few reports of "worked in 5.5". You won't be able to get away with things like you could earlier. But to a load a 5.5 app...

Migrate project from clarion 2.1 into clarion 6.x
Hello all, our company has 50 years in the market, and we used clarion 2.1 20 years ago to handle our payroll. It has worked non-stop, but right now we have to make some modifications to the program and are evaluating clarion 6.0. Basically we have two options: -Migrate the .dat files to SQL and develop the whole thing from scratch -Migrate the .dat files to clarion 6.0 dct files and try to migrate most of the code Right now we are focusing on option #2, but since we have lots of .dat files (about 20 or 30 or so) i would like to know if there is a quick way to convert every one of them to the new format. I have the documentation and read the migration document, but it basically says that i should reconstruct the dictionary and copy and paste the old code into the new code where appropiate, but doesn't explain how to migrate the data. If anyone has a resource or documentation explaining this in little more detail it would be appreciated. Basically right now i am using Data Modeler and Importing the structure from a table with the clarion 2.1 driver Hi Seguros, You have the tool DMC which is supposed to read any table and let you clone it DAT 2 SQL for example regarding the 'old' dat format as we never worked with those tables if you want us to look into this to help you out cloning to new structure, please send us an example 'old' dat structure (with key files and memo files) so that we try it out in DMC and let you know You can also try out DMC you...

Help Needed
Is anyone out there using Clarion to insert invoices into MYOB accounts using MYOB ODBC v5 I can import Customers, but not invoices. Any help at this point is would be appreciated. Sean Hennessy ...

Help needed for Clarion for Windows 3
Hello, Years ago I wrote an application in Clarion for Windows 3. I want to include a variable in the caption of a window but I can't find how to do this in the help files. Can this be done and what would the correct syntax be ? Thanks in advance, Kind regards, Try window_name{prop:text} = 'Your text' Harry Hugo COX wrote: > Hello, > > Years ago I wrote an application in Clarion for Windows 3. > I want to include a variable in the caption of a window but I can't find how > to do this in the help files. > > Can this be done and what would the correct syntax be ? > > Thanks in advance, > > Kind regards, > > ...

Clarion 6.1 hotfixes help
Hi everyone i skip some hotfixes from clarion website. Now my 6.1 is version 9017 but on softvelocity website i can start download hotfixes only from 9026. Anyone can help to find the missing hotfixes for clarion 6.1 enterprise ? thanks in advance! Giuseppe In article <ZDSxh.18431$qN4.466448@twister1.libero.it>, pippo@pippo.com says... > Hi everyone > i skip some hotfixes from clarion website. Now my 6.1 is version 9017 but on > softvelocity website i can start download hotfixes only from 9026. > Anyone can help to find the missing hotfixes for clarion 6.1 enterprise ? > thanks in advance! > Giuseppe You might find it easier buying the SMP at USD $150 and get the latest available CD and do hotfixes from that point. Product Description - Simple Maintenance Program (SMP), MFG - SoftVelocity Internet Link - http://www.softvelocity.com/clarion/subscribe.htm You should also consider the Core Subscription Program - after all the waiting, Clarion 7 release is probably very soon - USD $800 for enterprise. Of course, call or email SoftVelocity to find specific information about your upgrade options. This blog is dated (that sale is not currently running), but lots of information: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?p=69 Product Description - Core Subscription Program - EE, MFG - SoftVelocity Internet Link - http://www.softvelocity.com/clarion/subscribe.htm AND you will get more response by posting this question on the: SoftVelocity news ser...

Need help working out if a DB is clarion??
Guys, I have been informed that my site runs a Clarion DB. Here is a copy of the files http://203.8.189.31/ota_products/site_files/ Can someone confirm they are Clarion? If so, I am looking at populating MS access DB from the files, how is this done? Thanks for any help provided. first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed files and if you want toconvert it from topspeed to access you have to use odbc to convert ikrami2000@hotmail.com Thanks karim, So they are Clarion? Where do I get odbc from? Thanks karim wrote: > first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed > files and if you want toconvert it from topspeed to access you have to > use odbc to convert > > > ikrami2000@hotmail.com send me your email adamm@ota.com.au wrote: > Thanks karim, > > So they are Clarion? Where do I get odbc from? > > Thanks > karim wrote: > > first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed > > files and if you want toconvert it from topspeed to access you have to > > use odbc to convert > > > > > > ikrami2000@hotmail.com i got your email karim wrote: > send me your email > adamm@ota.com.au wrote: > > Thanks karim, > > > > So they are Clarion? Where do I get odbc from? > > > > Thanks > > karim wrote: > > > first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed > >...

Clarion 7 - Clarion 6.3
Hopefully, most of those that read these newsgroups have already received special emails or phone calls concerning the SoftVelocity Summer Update specials, but my company is running a special C7 blog about it for general details at: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?p=69 or Clarion 7 Blogs http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?cat=3 The SoftVelocity Summer Special is all about special pricing for the CSP - Core Subscription Program. The specific details for your pricing must be obtained from SoftVelocity or an authorized distributor. Special update pricing is for a limited time! This might be a reminder for some to send SoftVelocity an updated email address for contact. David -- From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange Online http://encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/ http://www.encouragersoftware.com/ ...

Clarion IP driver/Clarion 6
I had a production Clarion IP Server running on a Windows XP machine (a VM Guest). All but three of my Data managers have been unloaded and do not appear on the list of installable DLL's. I have a development server running and all is ok, but I un-installed the IP Server, deleted it, copied the working one and installed it, but when I refreshed the data managers, it removed the same ones. I have made a new VM...a Windows 7 Ultimate, installed the IP server from the Development machine, but this also removes and refuses to load the same data managers. What am I missing? El jue...

Clarion 3.0 network help needed
We have a DOS app created in Clarion 3.0 we are running under an ethernet network. Our server and most of the PCs are WIN 98SE. I have a PC with WIN2000 also accessing the server datafiles. I am getting recently a lot of drive reading errors on the PCs on the network. They come at strange times; for example, when someone is saving a record, when another user just enters data into a variable for a sub-search on a datafile, and it's always a problem opening up a file, a different one each time, when the error comes. On my WIN2000 machine, I recieved a general protection error, when I look at XTRACE.txt, I see CS:IP segment errors and under the call chain section, it lists 7 segments, the number of which corresponds to the number of orphan $$$ files on the server folder. It seems as though the $$$ files are somehow responsible for way to rid ourselves of the $$$ orphans is to do a reboot of the system, because you cannot delete these - it seems that the server has put a hold on these files, or thinks that they are still being used, when they're not. When we reboot and delete these files, we're OK for a while. If anyone has any insight as to what may be happening, or if our WIN2000 PC may be affecting this problem, seeing as it is a relatively new addition to our existing network of WIN98 SE PCs, I'd like to hear about it. Also, we've made a few changes to the app and added a few things- it is possible that the code may be responsible for some of it. Any ...

Need Clarion help/training in McKinney TX
I have an application that needs a little work. View www.verifycharges.com to see examples of it's screens and functionality. It was created for me by Jesus Moreno, founder of Gitano Software, who did an excellent job, but is too far from here, and much too busy, I imagine, to give me a little personal instruction. I have an old version of Clarion - version 5.5, the one used to create this application. I'd like to be able to do my own maintenance, but tried and failed to learn Clarion. I even took their one week training course a few years ago. They acknowledged that the instructor was an abysmal failure, and offered another free class, but the cost and time of travel to Florida a 2nd time dissuaded me. I've been a programmer since 1963, using many languages, from Autocoder and 8086 and other assembly languages thru COBOL, Business Basic, and a few other compiled languages. View www.PCHPlano.com to get an idea of my current abilities. I should be able to come up to speed quickly. I am looking for someone near McKinney TX who is able to provide a few hours of person to person help at a reasonable price per hour. Use appointments@PCHplano.com to contact me. TIA, Paul ...

Porting Clarion 6.3 Build 9059 to Clarion 8.0.0 Build 8498
Hi All Sorry for Cross Posting from SVClarion.clarion8 NG Bit this is a bit urgent. Just a couple of Question on the Migration. If Clarion 8 Build 8498 Does not like INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',SCREEN) It keeps on changing to: INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',) With the Error = No matching prototype available On Migration, what should I use ? And also does not like SELF.OkControl = ?Ok It keeps on changing to: SELF.OkControl = With the Error = Expected <operand> (+- CHOOSE What should I use ? I have gone through the help on Migration, but cannot see anything relevant to my Migration Problems. Thanks in advance Peter Hi all It was #SEQ(3) which is new in Clarion 8 Just removed them from the Window code And it was OK. Regards Peter "Peter" <NOSPAMvirtualsoftware@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:4e163ddd$0$32573$c30e37c6@pit-reader.telstra.net... > Hi All > Sorry for Cross Posting from SVClarion.clarion8 NG > Bit this is a bit urgent. > > Just a couple of Question on the Migration. > > If Clarion 8 Build 8498 > Does not like > INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',SCREEN) > It keeps on changing to: > INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',) > With the Error = No matching prototype available > On Migration, what should I use ? > > And also does not like > SELF.OkControl = ?Ok > It keeps on changing to: > SELF.OkControl = With the E...

belgian novice clarion 6 user seeks help
I'm new to clarion and i need someone that could help me out from time to time on a private basis, i'm sure they are some simple problems i have and would like to send my sourcode to someone who could help me ... Hello David, First of all, I would like to welcome a compatriot. I am a belgian (from Brussel) living in France and working in Luxemburg (you know why). I always try to help when I can. And as new in the Clarion world, I give you here some advices: First, before asking in the NG, have a look at these famous knowledge sites http://www.clarionfaq.com/faq/ http://www.clarionpublisher.com/Site/index.aspx?Sitename=Clarionfoundry http://www.clarionpost.com/ http://www.schoeffler.biz/cwkb.php http://www.par2.com/ http://www.softvelocity.com/faq/faq.htm Second, take a subscription to the Clarion Magazine. It worth every cent. http://www.clarionmag.com Then, ask your questions into the Softvelocity newsgroups at news.softvelocity.com You will discover a great community with many very obliging people. I do not know if it is useful, but there is also a very active group in french. There are a lot of third party products. If you have to search some of them, here are some good resources: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html http://www.tomruby.com/clarion/ http://www.clarionshop.com/index.cfm http://www.clariondeveloper.com/ http://j.webring.com/navcgi?ring=cwsuperring;list If you need more help, do not hesitate to send me a message at guy.cauw...

CLARION 6
Hi! Where could I download evaluation copy of Clarion 6? Thnx Charlie There is currently no evaluation copy. Thanks. Kelvin Chua SINGAPORE "Charlie" <rstef1806@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:boq5eu$fr8$1@ls219.htnet.hr... > Hi! > > Where could I download evaluation copy of Clarion 6? > > Thnx > Charlie > > How could I try Clarion 6? Hi Charlie, May be you would like to brief you programming history, and also indicate what you are trying to achieve, and your purpose on testing Clarion, afterwhich we may be able to advise more. Clarion 6 is a very stable and robust version and will be ready for distribution within the next 2 weeks. More details can be obtained from www.softvelocity.com As for the evaluation copy, may be you would like to try to contact sales@softvelocity.com, I believe they will be much obliged to assist. Thanks. Kelvin Chua SINGAPORE "Charlie" <rstef1806@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:boq9gj$nie$1@ls219.htnet.hr... > How could I try Clarion 6? > > I work on ZTI ZIM and ZimServer. We are not satisfied with ZIM so we need choose another PL. We need to decide which tool to use in next few weeks. I hear some good words about Clarion and I want to see it. Robert I have been using Clarion for many years, some of them here have been using it for more than 15 years.... Lindersoft SetupBuilder is written in Clarion 6. Download the demo version of SetupBuilder to tak...

clarion and help
i use clarion 55 how can create help file thank you youcef -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr http://forums.club-internet.fr/ youcef, Why don't you have a look at ezHelp: http://www.capesoft.com/accessories/ezhelpsp.htm -- Geoff (at Capesoft) PS - All viewpoints regarding Capesoft products are as unbiased as possible - but there are no guarantees <g>. Tel: +27 21 715 4000 Fax: +27 21 715 2535 www.capesoft.com "youcef" <djiryoucef@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:20031030-115222-846853@foorum.com... > > > > i use clarion 55 > how can create help file > > thank you > > youcef > -- > Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr > This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr > > http://forums.club-internet.fr/ I've used EzHelp for several years. It does the job very well. "Geoff Thomson" <geoff@capesoft.com> wrote in message news:A921.1067521523.1730@discuss.softvelocity.com... > youcef, > > Why don't you have a look at ezHelp: Hi, I use Help & Manual. Fantastic. Generate, with a single project: HTML help, win help, Multimedia Help, DOC, PDF and have a excellent screen capture. Nelson Carvalho Brasil youcef escreveu: > i use clarion 55 > how can create help file > > thank you > >...

Need help with help need
Friends and wormbots: I am looking for some intrepid souls to try out and comment on a perl script I wrote. (What, perl in SAS-L and it's not David Cassell ?) The script takes the SAS help files apart and does some analysis (orphans, linkrot and duplicates) and inserts back links. What do back links do ? It ensures every page in the help system has a link to every page that links to it. (Actually only the the subset of the help system represented by the modules you choose to play with [there are over 140 help modules]) 1,000 lines of perl that sprouted out of a two line seed (or should...

clarion 22 and clarion 55
i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 i have message link error. to many files -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr http://forums.club-internet.fr/ I am really flushing now. There was really no problems. I had missed the 4.1 patch (also from april) So now Im smiling again! "youcef" <ydjira@caramail.com> skrev i melding news:20031111-9206-522759@foorum.com... > > i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 > when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 > > i have message > link error. to many files > -- > Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr > This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr > > http://forums.club-internet.fr/ ...

Clarion 6.1 and ClarioNet 6.0
Help, I can not get it installed right. I have used this product with c55ee and Clarionet 1.2 and 1.3 and had no problems. Now I can not make heads nor tails of the install. Why did it go from and easy install in 5.5 to this type of install. Nothing I try works and I have errors like you have never seen before, OK so you have seen them, so please help me fix mine. Thanks ...

FileMaker Server 7, Filemaker Developer v7 WinALL Mac, Clarion.v6.0.Enterprise.Edition.Incl, Capesoft.NetTalk.for.clarion.6.v3.04.Retail.WinAll, MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDe
FileMaker Server 7, Filemaker Developer v7 WinALL Mac, Clarion.v6.0.Enterprise.Edition.Incl, Capesoft.NetTalk.for.clarion.6.v3.04.Retail.WinAll, MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other ... FileMaker Server 7 (26/Oct/2004 Filemaker Developer v7 WinALL Mac SN:3V294-57K77-8TKNX-7K26K-228K9-13T33-X29T9 CD NR 15 792 Clarion.v6.0.Enterprise.Edition.Incl.Keygen.WinALL (week 27/2004) Capesoft.NetTalk.for.clarion.6.v3.04.Retail.WinAll ------------------------------------------------------- CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13 424 TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1 CD NR 14 688 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (c) Microsoft CD NR 15 412 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Enterprise (c) Microsoft etc, ... for 16,000 more CDs, both for PC and for MAC, 'WinALL', 'WinMac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' , 'PC/MaC', updated with new CDs twice per week, AT VERY LOW, CHEAP, ROCK BOTTOM please send e-mail,...

Clarion DOS to Clarion Windows Conversion
Hi Newsmembers - What problems have you encountered when converting from a DOS-based Clarion project to Clarion for Windows. I'll be using Clarion version 5.5, and upgrading to 6.0 in the near future. Thankyou, - Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 A fully rewrite is generally required. If you have a bunch of logic code (formulas and such), then you can convert that source without too much effort. Everything else (especially the windows interface and file access code) will require a significant rethinking and almost total redevelopment. Sorry for the bad news. -=> Mike Hanson <=- On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 22:06:40 GMT, Kevin Willis <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote: >Hi Newsmembers - > >What problems have you encountered when >converting from a DOS-based Clarion >project to Clarion for Windows. > >I'll be using Clarion version 5.5, >and upgrading to 6.0 in the near future. > >Thankyou, > >- Kevin Willis >klwillis.dsl@verizon.net >ICQ:32805500 > > > > dont do it ! and if you have the chance to look out into the future. think about looking at tools that can generate .NET apps say VB . NET. Or tools that code charge. Since clarion is a product that is not language indepandent think about a tool set that cater for more then one language and doesnt use a meta modelling system such as txa's. so before leaping into clarion for windows which is really a product designed ...

Clarion Developers Needed
I apologize if this is spam** I do not know if jobs are allowed here. Location: Allen, Tx Position: Clarion Developers Rate/Salary: Flex - market rate Type: Perm or contract to hire Required skills: Clarion(latest release), SQL, Desired: Credit Card Exp Description: DB input retrieval, UI design, processing of files, number calculations Start Date 1/2/05 (resumes reviewed asap) Send resumes for consideration to bbarber at @eteem dot com ...

Web resources about - Clarion 6 help needed - comp.lang.clarion

Clarion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Clarion, Illinois , U.S. Clarion, Iowa , U.S. Clarion, Pennsylvania , U.S. Clarion, Utah , U.S., a ghost town settled as a Jewish farming colony ...

The Clarion-Ledger - Jackson, MS news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving ...
Jackson, MS Mississippi News - clarionledger.com is the home page of Jackson, MS Mississippi with in depth and updated Jackson, MS local news. ...

Captain Clarion (@citizensrock) on Twitter

The Clarion-Ledger Print Edition on the App Store on iTunes
Get The Clarion-Ledger Print Edition on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Banksy in SF on Clarion Alley - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... photos on Flickr. atlasrising has uploaded 128 photos to Flickr. hey there - great capture, i LOVE this piece. but... it was not on clarion ...

RMI President Address to the World: "A clarion call from the climate change frontline" - YouTube
As world leaders prepare to gather in New York for the UN Secretary-General’s Climate Summit, the President of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, ...

State of Origin: Blues' clarion call pivotal in getting Trent Hodkinson over the line
A simple "Blues" call was all it took for Trent Hodkinson to end Queensland's State of Origin dominance. The laconic halfback, who has gained ...

Clarion call for teenagers is to violence not religion, says terrorism expert
Violence is being sold to the young as an empowering and self-satisfying blow against the West.

Review: Incipio’s new Clarion, Faraday & Tuxen folio cases offer three small twists on iPad Air 2 protection ...
... to plastic iPad holders, varying more in the particulars than the broad strokes. We’re taking a quick look today at three cases: Clarion ($35), ...

Hands-on with the Clarion AX1 car stereo with SwiftKey
The Clarion AX1, a new car stereo running Android, has the SwiftKey keyboard built in. We take it for a spin at CES.