Clarion 6.3 and Vista

I have a customer that is switching to Vista. I have installed my
program with XP SP2 compatible. The actual program works but wehen the
users go to run the reports, the program crashes.

I have tracked it down to C6prlbx.dll, the report writer runtime
module. I can't right now use run(c6print) because I use variable file
names, and would like to keep it that way if possible.

Any suggestion to make it work. They have to go to Vista, since they
can't get anymore XPs from the major retailers here.

I currently use 6.300.9050.

0
ElFroggio (10)

On 28 May 2007 13:58:05 -0700, ElFroggio@gmail.com wrote:

> I have a customer that is switching to Vista. I have installed my
> program with XP SP2 compatible. The actual program works but wehen the
> users go to run the reports, the program crashes.

I just have general suggestions for you.

news.softvelocity.com

Post your questions there - comp.lang.clarion is available there, but
SoftVelocity news server does not send or receive comp.lang.clarion from
other server systems.

Install your XP (Pre-Vista program) install to C:\nameofyourapp instead of
C:\Program Files\nameofyourapp.

Installing your Clarion program to C:\Program Files area under Vista
(WITHOUT rewriting your app to conform to Vista folder-file access rules)
causes a number of problems with a lot of Clarion programs - even C6.3 9056
created programs WITH a few exceptions are still Pre-Vista.

Product Description - Manifests, Code Signing, and Vista,
MFG - Clarion Magazine (CoveComm Inc.)
Internet Link - http://www.clarionmag.com/cmag/ebooks.html#

Major tips on Vista in general with some Clarion specific hints as well.

David

--
From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software
Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com

Clarion 6 legacy to Clarion 6 ABC
Hi. I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 legacy to ABC. I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it possible with version 6 too? The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... (Feel a bit lost ;-)) Thanks for your help Hi JC, Have a look at http://www.comsoft7.com/BLAT.htm available here http://www.comsoft7.com/Prices.htm Also, you will get more and faster help on SoftVelocity's free public newsgroup news.softvelocity.com so ...

Clarion 7 - Clarion 6.3
Hopefully, most of those that read these newsgroups have already received special emails or phone calls concerning the SoftVelocity Summer Update specials, but my company is running a special C7 blog about it for general details at: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?p=69 or Clarion 7 Blogs http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?cat=3 The SoftVelocity Summer Special is all about special pricing for the CSP - Core Subscription Program. The specific details for your pricing must be obtained from SoftVelocity or an authorized distributor. Special update pricing is for a limited t...

Porting Clarion 6.3 Build 9059 to Clarion 8.0.0 Build 8498
Hi All Sorry for Cross Posting from SVClarion.clarion8 NG Bit this is a bit urgent. Just a couple of Question on the Migration. If Clarion 8 Build 8498 Does not like INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',SCREEN) It keeps on changing to: INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',) With the Error = No matching prototype available On Migration, what should I use ? And also does not like SELF.OkControl = ?Ok It keeps on changing to: SELF.OkControl = With the Error = Expected <operand> (+- CHOOSE What should I use ? I have gone through the help on Migration,...

Clarion 6 #3
Just stated playing with this. The videos show pretty colours (not the usual grey) but how do you turn this on? I cannot see anything in global that would do it. Brian On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:36:57 -0400, Brian J Smith wrote: > Just stated playing with this. The videos show pretty colours (not the usual > grey) but how do you turn this on? I cannot see anything in global that > would do it. Themes maybe. Or manifest support. Mark ...

Migration from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE
Hi, I've migrated my application from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE. In my dll app there are global extensions, and if I compile application I get linker errors: .... Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown004.obj ..... Unresolved External $VSTHREADCLASS:G4 in slowniki.obj Unresolved External KILL@F13VSTHREADCLASS in slowniki.obj Unresolved Extern...

Clarion 6.3 and MySQL
Hi, I have a strange problem with Clarion 6.3 and MySQL. code below work just fine but after closing my program , program remain active in memory. Is there something i should call ( closing connection to MySQL or ..... ) KLo ------------------------------------------- code Do OpenMySQL access:lpkirja.open set(lpkirja) loop case Access:lpkirja.Next() of Level:Notify orof Level:Fatal break else strLuoTaulu = 'INSERT INTO EPIL.LENNOT <13,10>' | & '(pvm,lentnro,oppnro,alkoi) <13,10>' | &am...

Upgrading from Clarion 5.5 to Clarion 6.0
What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Hi Kevin, I have just copied apps over into another directory and loaded them up into C6 and they compile and run just fine with no changes needed... 3rd party stuff can be somewhat tricky in some cases tho... -- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (BigTamer(tm) Templates) "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... > What issues have...

Migrate project from clarion 2.1 into clarion 6.x
Hello all, our company has 50 years in the market, and we used clarion 2.1 20 years ago to handle our payroll. It has worked non-stop, but right now we have to make some modifications to the program and are evaluating clarion 6.0. Basically we have two options: -Migrate the .dat files to SQL and develop the whole thing from scratch -Migrate the .dat files to clarion 6.0 dct files and try to migrate most of the code Right now we are focusing on option #2, but since we have lots of .dat files (about 20 or 30 or so) i would like to know if there is a quick way to convert every one of them to th...

Clarion DD ver. 3.0 and Clarion PD 2110
I happen to have the 10 original discs for this program. Any one interested? ...

Report in Clarion 6.3 EE
I am trying to make a report that would print on one page three different lists, One would be service review table with dates, next promotion information, with dates, and finally Years of service awards, done in 25,30,35,40 increments. At best I have been able to call the three reports, but can not kill the top of page, call. I am open to suggestion. Thank you in advance for your help. ...

Crystal reports and Clarion 6.3
Hi, I tried to test run the application crystalc6.app (I have installed Crystal Reports XI) and got an error that CR is not installed, so that they can not even run a report. Any solution? Tnx. Hi, To interface CR and Clarion check our Crystal Clear Class and http://klarisoft.com/KSNews_84.htm RDC wrapper products http://klarisoft.com/KSNews_107.htm -- Leonid Chudakov chudakov@klarisoft.com Cool tools and Clarion examples at http://www.klarisoft.com On Oct 6, 5:19=A0pm, boris.vuj...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I tried to test run the application crystalc6.app (I have installed &g...

Problems with Oracle/Clarion 6.3
Hello, we have a problems with Oracle/Clarion 6.3 . The Incremental Locator or the Step Locator on Browser doesn't work it. The table of the Browser is a Oracle-table and the table has 2 KEYs. The example (SVOracle.exe) on the examples-Oracle-Directory works fine. We take our table in the Examples. And work it to. The Oracle-Example works with the Clarion-Template. But we must work with the ABC-Template. By use the ABC-Template the Locator on Browse doesn't work it. We use this: Oracle 10g (10.2.0.1.0) Clarion Oracle-Accelerator Version: 6.3 build 9053 Clarion 6.3 Build 9052 ABC-T...

xp colors in clarion 6.3
I have upgraded my apps to clarion 6.3 and have selected the option to have the xp look (include the xp manifest ) This has fixed a problem that clarion 5.5 had with check box's being blacked out. But now all of my option boxes have turned blue and i can not change the color. Is there a way to change the color of the option boxes? David Griffiths ...

MATCH procedure in clarion 6.3
Hi All, I have requirement to validate a firstname field using Regular Expression. The specification says it should be [A-Za-z][A-Za-z'\-]* What I understand is: 1. It must start with a letter A-Z or a-z 2. It can then be followed by only letter between A-Z, a-z, ' (single quote), - (minus) I believe MATCH function is what I need to use. I tried several things but, nothing seems to be working for me. My code: IF MATCH(UPPER(pData),'[^A-Z][^A-Z0-9-'']*',MATCH:REGULAR) return(0) ELSE return(1) END The above ...

Web resources about - Clarion 6.3 and Vista - comp.lang.clarion

Clarion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Clarion, Illinois , U.S. Clarion, Iowa , U.S. Clarion, Pennsylvania , U.S. Clarion, Utah , U.S., a ghost town settled as a Jewish farming colony ...

The Clarion-Ledger - Jackson, MS news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving ...
Jackson, MS Mississippi News - clarionledger.com is the home page of Jackson, MS Mississippi with in depth and updated Jackson, MS local news. ...

Captain Clarion (@citizensrock) on Twitter

The Clarion-Ledger Print Edition on the App Store on iTunes
Get The Clarion-Ledger Print Edition on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Banksy in SF on Clarion Alley - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... photos on Flickr. atlasrising has uploaded 128 photos to Flickr. hey there - great capture, i LOVE this piece. but... it was not on clarion ...

RMI President Address to the World: "A clarion call from the climate change frontline" - YouTube
As world leaders prepare to gather in New York for the UN Secretary-General’s Climate Summit, the President of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, ...

State of Origin: Blues' clarion call pivotal in getting Trent Hodkinson over the line
A simple "Blues" call was all it took for Trent Hodkinson to end Queensland's State of Origin dominance. The laconic halfback, who has gained ...

Clarion call for teenagers is to violence not religion, says terrorism expert
Violence is being sold to the young as an empowering and self-satisfying blow against the West.

Review: Incipio’s new Clarion, Faraday & Tuxen folio cases offer three small twists on iPad Air 2 protection ...
... to plastic iPad holders, varying more in the particulars than the broad strokes. We’re taking a quick look today at three cases: Clarion ($35), ...

Hands-on with the Clarion AX1 car stereo with SwiftKey
The Clarion AX1, a new car stereo running Android, has the SwiftKey keyboard built in. We take it for a spin at CES.