Clarion 6.3.9053 released

The latest release of Clarion 6.3 is now shipping.

The Enterprise Edition is the power tool in SoftVelocity=3Fs Clarion line. The
Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool includes a number of unique
features that helps Clarion users maintain a reputation as the fastest, most
efficient developers in the industry.

Comments specific to the Clarion 6.3.9053 release.

=3FYesterday we released build 9053 to 3rd party product vendors for
compatibility testing. Probable release date is end of this week (June
2nd)...."

Read more about this release and vital SoftVelocity web links at:

http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?p=55

David
--
From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software
Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/
0
David

Clarion 6 legacy to Clarion 6 ABC
Hi. I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 legacy to ABC. I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it possible with version 6 too? The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... (Feel a bit lost ;-)) Thanks for your help Hi JC, Have a look at http://www.comsoft7.com/BLAT.htm available here http://www.comsoft7.com/Prices.htm Also, you will get more and faster help on SoftVelocity's free public newsgroup news.softvelocity.com so I suggest you get on that newsgroup instead of this one. -- --- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.net www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.net/appshell/index.htm "JC" <realjench@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f51ed944-b011-4782-b7cd-8b02c4ca8e73@j14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... | Hi. | | I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 | legacy to ABC. | | I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it | possible with version 6 too? | | | The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... | | | I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... | | (Feel a bit lost ;-)) | | Thanks for your help On 5 jan, 17:20, "Earl R Coker" <ksasales AT machlink DOT com> wrote: > Hi JC, > > Have a look at =A0http://www.c...

Clarion 7 - Clarion 6.3
Hopefully, most of those that read these newsgroups have already received special emails or phone calls concerning the SoftVelocity Summer Update specials, but my company is running a special C7 blog about it for general details at: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?p=69 or Clarion 7 Blogs http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?cat=3 The SoftVelocity Summer Special is all about special pricing for the CSP - Core Subscription Program. The specific details for your pricing must be obtained from SoftVelocity or an authorized distributor. Special update pricing is for a limited time! This might be a reminder for some to send SoftVelocity an updated email address for contact. David -- From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange Online http://encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/ http://www.encouragersoftware.com/ ...

Porting Clarion 6.3 Build 9059 to Clarion 8.0.0 Build 8498
Hi All Sorry for Cross Posting from SVClarion.clarion8 NG Bit this is a bit urgent. Just a couple of Question on the Migration. If Clarion 8 Build 8498 Does not like INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',SCREEN) It keeps on changing to: INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',) With the Error = No matching prototype available On Migration, what should I use ? And also does not like SELF.OkControl = ?Ok It keeps on changing to: SELF.OkControl = With the Error = Expected <operand> (+- CHOOSE What should I use ? I have gone through the help on Migration, but cannot see anything relevant to my Migration Problems. Thanks in advance Peter Hi all It was #SEQ(3) which is new in Clarion 8 Just removed them from the Window code And it was OK. Regards Peter "Peter" <NOSPAMvirtualsoftware@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:4e163ddd$0$32573$c30e37c6@pit-reader.telstra.net... > Hi All > Sorry for Cross Posting from SVClarion.clarion8 NG > Bit this is a bit urgent. > > Just a couple of Question on the Migration. > > If Clarion 8 Build 8498 > Does not like > INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',SCREEN) > It keeps on changing to: > INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',) > With the Error = No matching prototype available > On Migration, what should I use ? > > And also does not like > SELF.OkControl = ?Ok > It keeps on changing to: > SELF.OkControl = With the E...

Clarion 6 #3
Just stated playing with this. The videos show pretty colours (not the usual grey) but how do you turn this on? I cannot see anything in global that would do it. Brian On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:36:57 -0400, Brian J Smith wrote: > Just stated playing with this. The videos show pretty colours (not the usual > grey) but how do you turn this on? I cannot see anything in global that > would do it. Themes maybe. Or manifest support. Mark ...

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.6, Python 3.3.6

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times and denials of service. [1] Python dict and set types use hash tables to provide amortized constant time operations. Hash tables require a well-distributed hash function to spread data evenly across the hash table. The security issue is that an attacker could compute thousands of keys with colliding hashes; this causes quadratic algorithmic complexity when the hash table is constructed. To alleviate the problem, the new releases add rando...

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these releases is fi...

Clarion 6.3 and Vista
I have a customer that is switching to Vista. I have installed my program with XP SP2 compatible. The actual program works but wehen the users go to run the reports, the program crashes. I have tracked it down to C6prlbx.dll, the report writer runtime module. I can't right now use run(c6print) because I use variable file names, and would like to keep it that way if possible. Any suggestion to make it work. They have to go to Vista, since they can't get anymore XPs from the major retailers here. I currently use 6.300.9050. On 28 May 2007 13:58:05 -0700, ElFroggio@gmail.com wrote: > I have a customer that is switching to Vista. I have installed my > program with XP SP2 compatible. The actual program works but wehen the > users go to run the reports, the program crashes. I just have general suggestions for you. news.softvelocity.com Post your questions there - comp.lang.clarion is available there, but SoftVelocity news server does not send or receive comp.lang.clarion from other server systems. Install your XP (Pre-Vista program) install to C:\nameofyourapp instead of C:\Program Files\nameofyourapp. Installing your Clarion program to C:\Program Files area under Vista (WITHOUT rewriting your app to conform to Vista folder-file access rules) causes a number of problems with a lot of Clarion programs - even C6.3 9056 created programs WITH a few exceptions are still Pre-Vista. Product Description - Manifests, Code Signing, and Vista, MFG - Clarion Magaz...

Clarion 6.3 and MySQL
Hi, I have a strange problem with Clarion 6.3 and MySQL. code below work just fine but after closing my program , program remain active in memory. Is there something i should call ( closing connection to MySQL or ..... ) KLo ------------------------------------------- code Do OpenMySQL access:lpkirja.open set(lpkirja) loop case Access:lpkirja.Next() of Level:Notify orof Level:Fatal break else strLuoTaulu = 'INSERT INTO EPIL.LENNOT <13,10>' | & '(pvm,lentnro,oppnro,alkoi) <13,10>' | & 'values(''' & format(lpk:PVM,@d10-) & ''',<13,10>' | & lpk:lent_nro & ',<13,10>' | & lpk:opp_nro & ',<13,10>' | & '''' & format(lpk:alkoi,@t1) & ''');' mysql_db{prop:sql} = strLuoTaulu end end access:lpkirja.close OpenMySQL routine GLO:Username = clip(con:username) GLO:PassWord = clip(con:password) GLO:Server = clip(con:serverhost) GLO:Database = clip(con:database) GLO:SQLOwner = 'DRIVER={{MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};SERVER='& GLO:Server | & ';PORT=' & con:port | & ';DATABASE=' & glo:database | & ';USER=' & glo:username | & ';PASSWORD=' &...

Migration from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE
Hi, I've migrated my application from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE. In my dll app there are global extensions, and if I compile application I get linker errors: .... Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown004.obj ..... Unresolved External $VSTHREADCLASS:G4 in slowniki.obj Unresolved External KILL@F13VSTHREADCLASS in slowniki.obj Unresolved External $VSTHREADCLASS:G4 in slowniki.obj Unresolved External INIT@F13VSTHREADCLASS in slowniki.obj .... What is wrong? Any ideas? Regards, Mihca� ...

Upgrading from Clarion 5.5 to Clarion 6.0
What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Hi Kevin, I have just copied apps over into another directory and loaded them up into C6 and they compile and run just fine with no changes needed... 3rd party stuff can be somewhat tricky in some cases tho... -- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (BigTamer(tm) Templates) "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... > What issues have you encountered and what were > the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? No plobrems at all. -- Kind regards, James Cooke ----------------------------------------------------------- Publish and maintain your own technical tips on Clarionfoundry! Clarionfoundry can be found at http://www.clarionpublisher.com ----------------------------------------------------------- "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Just read the migration and what's new docs. You will have to pay attention to threading. Things are a bit tighter, so I do expect a few reports of "worked in 5.5". You won't be able to get away with things like you could earlier. But to a load a 5.5 app...

Migrate project from clarion 2.1 into clarion 6.x
Hello all, our company has 50 years in the market, and we used clarion 2.1 20 years ago to handle our payroll. It has worked non-stop, but right now we have to make some modifications to the program and are evaluating clarion 6.0. Basically we have two options: -Migrate the .dat files to SQL and develop the whole thing from scratch -Migrate the .dat files to clarion 6.0 dct files and try to migrate most of the code Right now we are focusing on option #2, but since we have lots of .dat files (about 20 or 30 or so) i would like to know if there is a quick way to convert every one of them to the new format. I have the documentation and read the migration document, but it basically says that i should reconstruct the dictionary and copy and paste the old code into the new code where appropiate, but doesn't explain how to migrate the data. If anyone has a resource or documentation explaining this in little more detail it would be appreciated. Basically right now i am using Data Modeler and Importing the structure from a table with the clarion 2.1 driver Hi Seguros, You have the tool DMC which is supposed to read any table and let you clone it DAT 2 SQL for example regarding the 'old' dat format as we never worked with those tables if you want us to look into this to help you out cloning to new structure, please send us an example 'old' dat structure (with key files and memo files) so that we try it out in DMC and let you know You can also try out DMC you...

Clarion DD ver. 3.0 and Clarion PD 2110
I happen to have the 10 original discs for this program. Any one interested? ...

Problems with Oracle/Clarion 6.3
Hello, we have a problems with Oracle/Clarion 6.3 . The Incremental Locator or the Step Locator on Browser doesn't work it. The table of the Browser is a Oracle-table and the table has 2 KEYs. The example (SVOracle.exe) on the examples-Oracle-Directory works fine. We take our table in the Examples. And work it to. The Oracle-Example works with the Clarion-Template. But we must work with the ABC-Template. By use the ABC-Template the Locator on Browse doesn't work it. We use this: Oracle 10g (10.2.0.1.0) Clarion Oracle-Accelerator Version: 6.3 build 9053 Clarion 6.3 Build 9052 ABC-Template We don't where is this problems. Can somebody help us? Thanks have a nice day. Thomas Aerztekammer Schleswig-Holstein Thomas Wiegmann Bismarckallee 8-12 23795 Bad Segeberg E-mail: wiegmann@aeksh.org ...

Report in Clarion 6.3 EE
I am trying to make a report that would print on one page three different lists, One would be service review table with dates, next promotion information, with dates, and finally Years of service awards, done in 25,30,35,40 increments. At best I have been able to call the three reports, but can not kill the top of page, call. I am open to suggestion. Thank you in advance for your help. ...

Crystal reports and Clarion 6.3
Hi, I tried to test run the application crystalc6.app (I have installed Crystal Reports XI) and got an error that CR is not installed, so that they can not even run a report. Any solution? Tnx. Hi, To interface CR and Clarion check our Crystal Clear Class and http://klarisoft.com/KSNews_84.htm RDC wrapper products http://klarisoft.com/KSNews_107.htm -- Leonid Chudakov chudakov@klarisoft.com Cool tools and Clarion examples at http://www.klarisoft.com On Oct 6, 5:19=A0pm, boris.vuj...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I tried to test run the application crystalc6.app (I have installed > Crystal Reports XI) and got an error that CR is not installed, so that > they can not even run a report. > > Any solution? > > Tnx. On Oct 6, 3:19=A0pm, boris.vuj...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I tried to test run the application crystalc6.app (I have installed > Crystal Reports XI) and got an error that CR is not installed, so that > they can not even run a report. > > Any solution? > > Tnx. hi, before few years i work with c6 and cr 8.5, you must create odbc connection, and it works ok ...

MATCH procedure in clarion 6.3
Hi All, I have requirement to validate a firstname field using Regular Expression. The specification says it should be [A-Za-z][A-Za-z'\-]* What I understand is: 1. It must start with a letter A-Z or a-z 2. It can then be followed by only letter between A-Z, a-z, ' (single quote), - (minus) I believe MATCH function is what I need to use. I tried several things but, nothing seems to be working for me. My code: IF MATCH(UPPER(pData),'[^A-Z][^A-Z0-9-'']*',MATCH:REGULAR) return(0) ELSE return(1) END The above ...

SQL in clarion 6 build 9053
Hi I created a few SQL statements using Clarion 6.3 build 9052, I then applied patch 9053 and the file updates from the stored procedures stopped working. I then changed the SP to do the file update from there, but since applying build 9056, no SQL SP statements work. I had to change all calls from SQLfile{prop:sql} =('call mysp (&parm[IN]) to SQLfile{prop:sql} =('exec mysp (@sqlparm = 'parm') to get the actual SP to execute and then I still have to have code in the SP to populate SQLfile. The problem is, even though I have imported SQLfile from the SQL server and all the links are supposedly in place, I can see the SP populating the file on the SQL server, but I still can't access the data from Clarion. Has anybody else had this problem or know of issues with SQL after build 9052? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Kind Regards Philip Hi Philip, You will probabaly get a quicker answer on news.softvelocity.com newsgroup. --- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com earl AT kwiksystems DOT net www.kwiksystems.net www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.net/appshell/index.htm www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (BigTamer(tm) Templates) <philip.raath@gatewaycomms.com> wrote in message news:1179159636.113271.213740@u30g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I created a few SQL statements using Clarion 6.3 build 9052, I then > applied patch 9053 and the file updates from the stored procedures > stopped working. I th...

xp colors in clarion 6.3
I have upgraded my apps to clarion 6.3 and have selected the option to have the xp look (include the xp manifest ) This has fixed a problem that clarion 5.5 had with check box's being blacked out. But now all of my option boxes have turned blue and i can not change the color. Is there a way to change the color of the option boxes? David Griffiths ...

Clarion Professional 5.5 & Clarion for DOS 3.102
Hi, I have licensed copies of Clarion Professional Edition 5.5 and Clarion for DOS 3.102 and would like to sell them. But I have no idea what they are worth nor where to sell them. I've thought about eBay but I don't think I'll get much for them there. Any ideas on price and where to sell them? Thanks Mark markstubbins@comcast.net ...

Clarion IP driver/Clarion 6
I had a production Clarion IP Server running on a Windows XP machine (a VM Guest). All but three of my Data managers have been unloaded and do not appear on the list of installable DLL's. I have a development server running and all is ok, but I un-installed the IP Server, deleted it, copied the working one and installed it, but when I refreshed the data managers, it removed the same ones. I have made a new VM...a Windows 7 Ultimate, installed the IP server from the Development machine, but this also removes and refuses to load the same data managers. What am I missing? El jue...

mounting freebsd 5.3-RELEASE partition under OpenBSD 3.6-RELEASE
Hello, I've got an OpenBSD 3.6-RELEASE box to which i've just added a drive. This drive has a FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE system on it and i need to get data off of it. Fdisk is showing the partition, and bsdlabel is showing the label but mounting keeps giving me the error incorrect filesystem or type, it's the ufs2 filesystem if that matters. Thanks. Dave. ufs2 is not supported at this time. You have probably already thought of this. If you just need to get the data off one time, just boot the freebsd drive and copy over the network to the OpenBSD box (assuming y...

FM3 with Multi-DLL for Clarion 6.3
I am trying to convert an old Clarion Flat File to Sql. I created an MULTI-DLL app in Clarion 6.3 using FM3 Filemanager and FM3 Connect procedues. The same app runs fine and connects to SQL SERVER EXPRESS locally, but when I try to connect to SQL SERVER EXPRESS on a REMOTE SERVER the FM3 Connect Locks. So for snickers, I created a stand alone application with the Clarion 6.3 using FM3 Filemanager and FM3 Connect procedues and connected to the remote server. Everything worked fine. The multi-dll apps worked in 5.5EE, but locks up in 6.3ee. Does anyone have any examples of a multi-dll connecting to SSE on a remote machine using FM3? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. ...

[News] Project Releases: WordPress 3.0 Release Candidate, Rockbox 3.6

Web resources about - Clarion 6.3.9053 released - comp.lang.clarion

Paper Aircraft Released Into Space - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
at a location about 120 miles west of Madrid, Spain, a team of British space enthusiasts. On 13 September 2014, a group of cadets from Fox Valley ...

Firefox 17 Released, Complete With Social API, Facebook Messenger
The new Social API from Firefox is out of beta, as Mozilla released Firefox 17 , complete with the application-programming interface’s integration ...

Senator Reid has been released from the... - Senator Harry Reid - Facebook
Senator Reid has been released from the hospital and is back at home with his wife, Landra. As previously stated, he went to the hospital as ...

Facebook suggests upcoming events and recently released albums in News Feed
Some Facebook users are seeing stories about upcoming events and recently released albums in their News Feeds, we’ve found. The new stories ...

Search Twitter - Released
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Search Refresh Jakob Delgado ...

→ 5by5 Radio app released
Nice app to listen to our shows live, and buying it is a great way to support 5by5. We discussed its features and design decisions in the last ...

Video Released In Officer-Involved Shooting Of Homeless Man - YouTube
Monroe, LA - Prosecutors in Louisiana released a security video Thursday of the shooting a homeless man by a West Monroe police officer in December. ...

Men arrested in London attack on Emiratis released - The National
Metropolitan Police in the UK said the men will return on bail in June and be reinterviewed.

O.J Simpson: Nicole Brown Simpson’s 911 call released before murder trial
EXPLOSIVE 911 calls reveal the horror of life within the walls of Nicole Brown Simpson’s home just eight months before her brutal murder, for ...

Texts between schoolgirl terror suspect and co-accused Milad Atai released in court
A Sydney schoolgirl charged with sending $5000 to Islamic State was used as a middleman by her relative who is believed to be overseas fighting ...