Clarion GPF Help

Am using Clarion 5.5 Legacy templates

I have recently been working on a sales invoicing program.  Two days ago I
found that when I tried to start the sales invoice program direct from the
executable it came up with an error "Unable to open MDI window (no
application active) Do you want to GPF".  The only way I can run the
executable is if I re-compile the program.

The Data folder lies within a sub folder of the executable and none of the
files are read-only.

I have moved the same folder and data onto other PCs and the program works
fine, it seems that it is just my PC that seems to have this problem.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and would be
grateful if someone knew how to fix this problem

My guess.

You are did not Initiate the thread.

Check the Actions from the Menu Editor.

0
jmmfrd (71)
3/3/2005 11:53:32 PM
> Am using Clarion 5.5 Legacy templates
>
> I have recently been working on a sales invoicing program.  Two days ago I
> found that when I tried to start the sales invoice program direct from the
> executable it came up with an error "Unable to open MDI window (no
> application active) Do you want to GPF".  The only way I can run the
> executable is if I re-compile the program.
>
> The Data folder lies within a sub folder of the executable and none of the
> files are read-only.
>
> I have moved the same folder and data onto other PCs and the program works
> fine, it seems that it is just my PC that seems to have this problem.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and would be
> grateful if someone knew how to fix this problem

It is not because a thread hasn't been Initialised as it is the first
opening window i.e the main frame

I've never experience the problem, but you might check Windoze=A9
read/write on folder attributes.  You may also have a .DLL in the path
that is out of sync with the correct .DLL.

Also, try deleting all the .OBJ files so they will have to be rewritten
when you re-compile. =20

Good Luck,

Rich Knoch
www.compulink-ltd.com

0
richknoch (68)
3/4/2005 10:27:47 PM
I've never experience the problem, but you might check Windoze=A9
read/write on folder attributes.  You may also have a .DLL in the path
that is out of sync with the correct .DLL.

Also, try deleting all the .OBJ files so they will have to be rewritten
when you re-compile. =20

Good Luck,

Rich Knoch
www.compulink-ltd.com

0
richknoch (68)

Clarion DOS to Clarion Windows Conversion
Hi Newsmembers - What problems have you encountered when converting from a DOS-based Clarion project to Clarion for Windows. I'll be using Clarion version 5.5, and upgrading to 6.0 in the near future. Thankyou, - Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 A fully rewrite is generally required. If you have a bunch of logic code (formulas and such), then you can convert that source without too much effort. Everything else (especially the windows interface and file access code) will require a significant rethinking and almost total redevelopment. Sorry for the bad news. ...

Clarion 6 legacy to Clarion 6 ABC
Hi. I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 legacy to ABC. I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it possible with version 6 too? The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... (Feel a bit lost ;-)) Thanks for your help Hi JC, Have a look at http://www.comsoft7.com/BLAT.htm available here http://www.comsoft7.com/Prices.htm Also, you will get more and faster help on SoftVelocity's free public newsgroup news.softvelocity.com so I suggest you get on that newsgroup instead of this one. -- --- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.net www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.net/appshell/index.htm "JC" <realjench@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f51ed944-b011-4782-b7cd-8b02c4ca8e73@j14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... | Hi. | | I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 | legacy to ABC. | | I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it | possible with version 6 too? | | | The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... | | | I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... | | (Feel a bit lost ;-)) | | Thanks for your help On 5 jan, 17:20, "Earl R Coker" <ksasales AT machlink DOT com> wrote: > Hi JC, > > Have a look at =A0http://www.c...

what is clarion?
? A very powerful development system for building computer programs. Its primary focus is database applications, but it can be bent into a lot of different shapes by a knowledgable user. Tim "VIJAY" <vijaynats@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5407b3d4.0310212323.6e23fd53@posting.google.com... > ? "VIJAY" <vijaynats@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5407b3d4.0310212323.6e23fd53@posting.google.com... > ? Hi VIJAY, (From a CodeSnip entry...) What Clarion really is: It is a database centric language with a code generating IDE, which will basi...

Clarion C7 support for Clarion Third Party Products
Clarion C7 support for Clarion Third Party Products The Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange has maintained a version column in the online version for years: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html The format for this column is Clarion version plus ABC and/or Legacy Clarion Version - C5.5, C6.x, C7 - ABC, Legacy We are in the midst of some serious C7 updating for both the online AND web updated data version (use with Product Scope 7) of the Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange - We do display some C7 version support now - but MOST of our research is a work in progress ...

need Clarion Programmer (work for Clarion software developer)
Hello, we need a Clarion programmer to do soem work in Clarion program (need to fix soem problems in Calrion software). Please e-mail: nick@primedebtsoft.com ...

The World Network of Clarion programmers & New Clarion Jobs
Hi All Clarion fans! The World Network of experienced Clarion programmers and companies with Clarion technology was updated and New Clarion Jobs found. Clarion developers are available in the best parts of the World, throughout all time-zones, on-site and remotelly as well. -- Best Regards! Alfred Blaho dB & Web Programmer for hire http://www.artofprogramming.net The World Network of Clarion Developers & IT Companies: http://www.artofprogramming.net/dev_clarion_developers.html Clarion Jobs & Career Resources: http://www.artofprogramming.net/resources/jobs.html ...

Help me learn how to use clarion.
I don't really want to ask too many questions, as I am new to clarion for windows and slowly working on learning it. Is there a tutorial in which I can read?? Some things I want to work out how to do: 1) How do I set all windows that create to center in the middle of the screen, type normal with xxx style etc etc. I think if I can work out how to use the templates for creating single windows I can proceed a bit faster, as I am having to change the settings manually all the time for every window I create. 2) Populate a list box from tps for updating a form. as well as showing the ...

Clarion DD ver. 3.0 and Clarion PD 2110
I happen to have the 10 original discs for this program. Any one interested? ...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

Clarion IP driver/Clarion 6
I had a production Clarion IP Server running on a Windows XP machine (a VM Guest). All but three of my Data managers have been unloaded and do not appear on the list of installable DLL's. I have a development server running and all is ok, but I un-installed the IP Server, deleted it, copied the working one and installed it, but when I refreshed the data managers, it removed the same ones. I have made a new VM...a Windows 7 Ultimate, installed the IP server from the Development machine, but this also removes and refuses to load the same data managers. What am I missing? El jue...

Clarion Third Party Best Dressed
Clarion Third Party Best Worst Dressed List Complete Best Dressed - Worst Dressed List at: http://tinyurl.com/24gca Clarion ProSeries Site Added - Rated as the latest Clarion Third Party Best Dressed! Evaluation Date - February 28, 2006 "Clarion ProSeries is the latest developer tool site from LANSRAD (http://www.lansrad.com/) - Charles Edmonds is the master mind of an ever increasing product line with state of the art inventiveness. Innovative Professional Grade Tools from a Cutting Edge Software Developer While Clarion ProSeries (http://www.clarionproseries.com/) is currently o...

Clarion Professional 5.5 & Clarion for DOS 3.102
Hi, I have licensed copies of Clarion Professional Edition 5.5 and Clarion for DOS 3.102 and would like to sell them. But I have no idea what they are worth nor where to sell them. I've thought about eBay but I don't think I'll get much for them there. Any ideas on price and where to sell them? Thanks Mark markstubbins@comcast.net ...

Need help working out if a DB is clarion??
Guys, I have been informed that my site runs a Clarion DB. Here is a copy of the files http://203.8.189.31/ota_products/site_files/ Can someone confirm they are Clarion? If so, I am looking at populating MS access DB from the files, how is this done? Thanks for any help provided. first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed files and if you want toconvert it from topspeed to access you have to use odbc to convert ikrami2000@hotmail.com Thanks karim, So they are Clarion? Where do I get odbc from? Thanks karim wrote: > first - i download some of this file...

Help needed for Clarion for Windows 3
Hello, Years ago I wrote an application in Clarion for Windows 3. I want to include a variable in the caption of a window but I can't find how to do this in the help files. Can this be done and what would the correct syntax be ? Thanks in advance, Kind regards, Try window_name{prop:text} = 'Your text' Harry Hugo COX wrote: > Hello, > > Years ago I wrote an application in Clarion for Windows 3. > I want to include a variable in the caption of a window but I can't find how > to do this in the help files. > > Can this be done and what would the ...

Does peek work as the clarion help says
I have been triyng to use the peek instruction just like the clarion help indicate, but does not work. PEEK(ADDRESS(0040h,0017h),KeyboardFlag) !Read keyboard status byte If you try with address and segment like the example on the help, it give you an error. Do you know how to do it. I'm tying to peek from bios the copywrite stamp and the bios date to make a copy protectios schema. "festrada" <franciscoestradam@msn.com> wrote in message news:5a5a7620ce068937d49370213847d01f@localhost.talkaboutprogramming.com... >I have been triyng to use the peek instruction just...

Clarion 6.1 hotfixes help
Hi everyone i skip some hotfixes from clarion website. Now my 6.1 is version 9017 but on softvelocity website i can start download hotfixes only from 9026. Anyone can help to find the missing hotfixes for clarion 6.1 enterprise ? thanks in advance! Giuseppe In article <ZDSxh.18431$qN4.466448@twister1.libero.it>, pippo@pippo.com says... > Hi everyone > i skip some hotfixes from clarion website. Now my 6.1 is version 9017 but on > softvelocity website i can start download hotfixes only from 9026. > Anyone can help to find the missing hotfixes for clarion 6.1 enterprise ? &g...

Clarion Code Help
Can you reccomend any online forums or sources that I could post code and have someone assist me in reviewing it? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated! Have a great day! Try the news.softvelocity.com newsgroup. It's a free one. -- --- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.net (Development Site) www.kwiksystems.com (Alternate Site) www.kwiksystems.net/appshell/index.htm (App/DerivedShell(tm) Site www.comsoft7.com (Bo's Template Site) 563-388-9483 Single Ring Voice In/Out Number (9am-5pm Central Time - GMT-6) 563-391-6506 Dual Ring Fax In Only...

Porting Clarion 6.3 Build 9059 to Clarion 8.0.0 Build 8498
Hi All Sorry for Cross Posting from SVClarion.clarion8 NG Bit this is a bit urgent. Just a couple of Question on the Migration. If Clarion 8 Build 8498 Does not like INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',SCREEN) It keeps on changing to: INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',) With the Error = No matching prototype available On Migration, what should I use ? And also does not like SELF.OkControl = ?Ok It keeps on changing to: SELF.OkControl = With the Error = Expected <operand> (+- CHOOSE What should I use ? I have gone through the help on Migration,...

help! help!! help!!!
x=[0 1 10] p=[100 80] how can I get A A=[3x(1) 2x(1) x(1) 1 0 0 0 0; 2x(1) x(1) 1 0 0 0 0 0; 3x(2) 2x(2) x(2) 1 -3x(2) -2x(2) -x(2) -1; 2x(2) x(2) 1 0 -2x(2) -x(2) -1 0; p(1)x(1) p(1) 0 0 -p(2)x(2) -p(2) 0 0; p(1) 0 0 0 -p(2) 0 0 0; 0 0 0 0 -p(2)x(3) -p(2) 0 0; 0 0 0 0 -p(3) 0 0 0; ] In article <fkus3t$11h$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Jim lei <redlightlike@mathworks.com> wrote: >x=[0 1 10] >p=[100 80] >how can I get ...

SOAP, WSDL, arrays and Clarion -> HELP!!
Hello, I'am using Clarion 5.5 and I'am developing a SOAP client. The client is working with an WSDL document. This document is describing an RPC procedure which uses an array of strings. It's impossible for me to call this procedure with an array. That's a real problem for me. I found some VB examples, they pass the array variable without specifying the subscript, but Clarion don't accept it. WSDL spec: <element name="stringItem" type="xsd:string" /> <complexType name="ArrayOfstring"> <sequence> <element ref=...

Help, Help, Help
As you can probably gather im in need of help. I started a basic JAVA course a week ago as it seems like a very interesting subject. The problem in having is with the IDE we have been asked to use. We are using JCreator, but in order for it to work, we are required to install the Java software development kit and a class library which comes with the course book called avi with is a audio visual interface library which is supposed to make it easier for us to learn the fundimentals of JAVA without having to worry about the input/output. Anyways, I have installed the JAVA SDK from SUN website and instaled the JCreator IDE but it seems to have a problem finding the avi class library as when i run a basic "Hello World" program as a test, the following error occurs when i compile the program: bad class file: C:\JavaClasses\Window.class class file contains wrong class: avi.Window Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath. Window screen = new Window("example1.java","bold","red",72); ^ 1 error Process completed. We where told to create a directory called JavaClass on the root directory and set the classpath to it. The other problem is the book tells you how to set the classpath for the SDK and the avi class library for windows 98 but im running XP so have kind of guessed on how to set the class path. Anyone got any ideas as i'm itching to jump into programming in JAVA but cant unt...

Help with Quick Start Wizard in Clarion 5
I am new to Clarion and would like to start working through the tutorials that comes with Clarion 5. However when I create a new application I am required to put a tick in the "Use Quick Start" box. But mine does not have one! After researching the Internet I found the name of the ini file I am required to change to make the "Use Quick Start" box appear. I have changed it, but it still does not appear. When I go back into the ini file the change is no longer there. I have tried this several times, so it is not a case of me not saving the file. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Anthony Bourke ...

Need Clarion help/training in McKinney TX
I have an application that needs a little work. View www.verifycharges.com to see examples of it's screens and functionality. It was created for me by Jesus Moreno, founder of Gitano Software, who did an excellent job, but is too far from here, and much too busy, I imagine, to give me a little personal instruction. I have an old version of Clarion - version 5.5, the one used to create this application. I'd like to be able to do my own maintenance, but tried and failed to learn Clarion. I even took their one week training course a few years ago. They acknowledged that the i...

Is there any one knows invoking html help from Clarion
Hai I have developed an application in Clarion. I want to include Help for my application. I can include winHelp. But it is very time consuming to develop. Is there any one knows how to invoke HTML help (with it can create pages from Frontpage) from clarion. I want to invoke pages from control fields and also from help button (created by default). thanks rajesh news.softvelocity.com rajesh, log onto this free news server provided by SoftVelocity and you'll get a lot more replies than on this more public comp.lang.clarion Very important - what version of Clarion? C5.5, C6, etc ABC or Legacy David In article <9754300a.0411160108.76b608a1@posting.google.com>, antonypr@cochincomputers.com says... > Hai > I have developed an application in Clarion. I want to include Help for > my application. I can include winHelp. But it is very time consuming > to develop. Is there any one knows how to invoke HTML help (with it > can create pages from Frontpage) from clarion. I want to invoke pages > from control fields and also from help button (created by default). > > thanks > rajesh > -- From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange Online http://encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html http://www.encouragersoftware.com/ On 16 Nov 2004 01:08:57 -0800, Jimmy John wrote: > Hai > I have developed an application in C...

Web resources about - Clarion GPF Help - comp.lang.clarion

Clarion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Clarion, Illinois , U.S. Clarion, Iowa , U.S. Clarion, Pennsylvania , U.S. Clarion, Utah , U.S., a ghost town settled as a Jewish farming colony ...

The Clarion-Ledger - Jackson, MS news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving ...
Jackson, MS Mississippi News - clarionledger.com is the home page of Jackson, MS Mississippi with in depth and updated Jackson, MS local news. ...

Captain Clarion (@citizensrock) on Twitter

The Clarion-Ledger Print Edition on the App Store on iTunes
Get The Clarion-Ledger Print Edition on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Banksy in SF on Clarion Alley - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... photos on Flickr. atlasrising has uploaded 128 photos to Flickr. hey there - great capture, i LOVE this piece. but... it was not on clarion ...

RMI President Address to the World: "A clarion call from the climate change frontline" - YouTube
As world leaders prepare to gather in New York for the UN Secretary-General’s Climate Summit, the President of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, ...

State of Origin: Blues' clarion call pivotal in getting Trent Hodkinson over the line
A simple "Blues" call was all it took for Trent Hodkinson to end Queensland's State of Origin dominance. The laconic halfback, who has gained ...

Clarion call for teenagers is to violence not religion, says terrorism expert
Violence is being sold to the young as an empowering and self-satisfying blow against the West.

Review: Incipio’s new Clarion, Faraday & Tuxen folio cases offer three small twists on iPad Air 2 protection ...
... to plastic iPad holders, varying more in the particulars than the broad strokes. We’re taking a quick look today at three cases: Clarion ($35), ...

Hands-on with the Clarion AX1 car stereo with SwiftKey
The Clarion AX1, a new car stereo running Android, has the SwiftKey keyboard built in. We take it for a spin at CES.