Clarion Professional 5.5 & Clarion for DOS 3.102

Hi,

I have licensed copies of Clarion Professional Edition 5.5 and Clarion for
DOS 3.102 and would like to sell them.  But I have no idea what they are
worth nor where to sell them. I've thought about eBay but I don't think I'll
get much for them there.

Any ideas on price and where to sell them?  Thanks

Mark
markstubbins@comcast.net

E-Bay
I have listed my Clarion license for sale on e-Bay. You can find it listed as: Clarion Professional Edition 5.5 Topspeed Softvelocity Thanks! ...

Upgrading from Clarion 5.5 to Clarion 6.0
What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Hi Kevin, I have just copied apps over into another directory and loaded them up into C6 and they compile and run just fine with no changes needed... 3rd party stuff can be somewhat tricky in some cases tho... -- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (BigTamer(tm) Templates) "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... > What issues have you encountered and what were > the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? No plobrems at all. -- Kind regards, James Cooke ----------------------------------------------------------- Publish and maintain your own technical tips on Clarionfoundry! Clarionfoundry can be found at http://www.clarionpublisher.com ----------------------------------------------------------- "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Just read the migration and what's new docs. You will have to pay attention to threading. Things are a bit tighter, so I do expect a few reports of "worked in 5.5". You won't be able to get away with things like you could earlier. But to a load a 5.5 app...

problem with In & Out Clarion 5.5
dont't read parallel port with In instruction, can help me?? "ivan2004" <soporte@ivysoft.com.ar> wrote in message news:142f4f8907a73ef6b3bb17470282de10@localhost.talkaboutprogramming.com... > dont't read parallel port with In instruction, can help me?? > DriverLINX Port I/O Driver for Win95 and WinNT (C) Copyright 1996, Scientific Software Tools, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Scientific Software Tools, Inc. is pleased to provide you with this utility for performing hardware port I/O under Windows 95 and Windows NT. This product allows your 32-bit C/C++ or Visual Basic apps (or any language that can call a DLL) direct access to the I/O ports over the range 0100H to FFFFH. This product contains the following components: DLPortIO.DLL -- Win32 DLL hardware I/O functions DLPortIO.H -- C/C++ interface to DLPortIO.DLL DLPortIO.BAS -- Visual Basic interface to DLPortIO.DLL DLPortIO.SYS -- Kernel mode driver for WinNT (not required for Win95) MSVC example VB example If you're unsure how to interface your app to DLPortIO.DLL, please look at the source code files for simple examples. You are free to copy and distribute this product as long as this package is distributed in its entirety and SST's copyright and trademark notices are not removed. Please see the license file for more information. This product is provided without charge so we can't provide any technical support for it. However, if you find any problems, plea...

Clarion 5.5
Hi, We have a project that was written using Clarion 5.5 and SocketWrench. The original project was developed outside our company, but we have to be able to do at least simple modifications or bug fixes ourselves in the future. We have no prior experience with Clarion, but we will be able to get help with basics of Clarion development. However, we need to get a copy of Clarion 5.5 and SocketWrench. We would prefer not to work with the latest version of Clarion, because we don't want to have to deal with any incompatibilities or porting issues. But when I contacted Soft Velocity about this, they say they no longer sell version 5.5. Does anyone here know how and where we can legally get a license and installation media for this version of Clarion? Is it something that people can sell second-hand, and if so is there anyone who can sell us a license? mvh., David Brown Norway. On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 21:32:33 +0200, David Brown <david.brown@removethis.hesbynett.no> wrote: >Does anyone here know how and where we can legally get a license and >installation media for this version of Clarion? Is it something that >people can sell second-hand, and if so is there anyone who can sell us a >license? Ask here http://www.softvelocity.com/ There is a forum just for Clarion, but you need a Clarion license to join. /Hans On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 21:32:33 +0200, David Brown wrote: > Hi, > > We have a...

::: Data Conversion
I have several Clarion DOS v2.1 DOS data files with keys - .DAT and .KXX files respectively - that I'd like to convert over to Clarion 5.5 How would I go about converting this data? Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 Hi Kevin, Clarion 5.5 will read and write Clarion DOS v2.109 .dat files just fine. If the files are from a version earlier than v2.109 then deleting the key (.kxx) files and opening the files in Clarion 5.5 should convert them for you. The changes are in the keys. On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 17:11:23 GMT, Kevin Willis wrote: > I have several Clarion DOS v2.1 DOS data files with keys - .DAT and .KXX > files respectively - that I'd like to convert over to Clarion 5.5 > > How would I go about converting this data? > > Kevin Willis > klwillis.dsl@verizon.net > ICQ:32805500 Hi Kevin, Greg is right - leaving them in the Clarion data format is fine. We've done this a fiar bit when migrating dos apps to windows - we leave the data strucutres "untouched". This allows for both Dos & windows programs to work at the same time, and makes for a very smooth change-over. After that you can use File Manager 3 (www.capesoft.com) to painlessly convert it to any of the other structures that clarion offers. cheers Bruce "Gregory C. Bailey" <lanmicro@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:1eafcs476r233.1tnzabpamab0r.dlg@40tude.net... > Hi Kevin, > > Clarion 5.5 will read and write Cla...

I am attempting to run clarion 5.5 on my computer running XP and I get a "16 bit MS-DOS subsystem error" It says that the VDD format in the registry is invalid. I have reloaded the VDD file and still get the error. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Installing Clarion 5.5
Hi All I am trying to install Clarion 5.5 on a Windows XP machine, but gets the following error message: The Win16 subsystem was unable to enter Protected Mode, Dosx.exe must be in you AUTOEXEC.NT and present in your path. The Dosx.exe is in the Autoexec.nt file, but what path are they referring to. Please help Nazla ...

::: Clarion 5.5 Books :::
I'm looking for the full set of Clarion 5.5 Enterprise Edition books. The PDF's are good, but I'll need the hardbound copies within this week. If you have them, please contact me at: klwillis.dsl@verizon.net I'll need to know the total amount when shipping Fed Ex. 2nd Day in the US to Southern Califorinia. Thankyou, Kevin Willis ICQ:32805500 SoftVelocity usually delivers the books fast with FedEx "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> skrev i melding news:MPG.1a234535d5f299fc989727@news.verizon.net... > I'm looking for the full set of Clarion 5.5 Enterprise Edition books. > > The PDF's are good, but I'll need the hardbound copies within this week. > > If you have them, please contact me at: klwillis.dsl@verizon.net > > I'll need to know the total amount when shipping Fed Ex. 2nd Day in the > US to Southern Califorinia. > > Thankyou, > > Kevin Willis > ICQ:32805500 Kevin, I believe that C55 shipped with just the PDF's and you could purchase the manuals separately. C5 shipped the hard bound manuals. There is a link in the chat group to someone who is selling a complete set of C5 manuals on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3639104785&category=3773&rd=1 HTH's Mike Gould "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a234535d5f299fc989727@news.verizon.net... > I'm looking for the full...

Share Clarion 5.5
Any one have an old Clarion 5.5 software? I really need it to try my clarion programming in windows. Because I need my browse can use EIP with DropDown menu Dear Erwin, Contact me on ericleungsaikeung@gmail.com if you need this. Eric Erwin wrote: > Any one have an old Clarion 5.5 software? > I really need it to try my clarion programming in windows. > Because I need my browse can use EIP with DropDown menu ...

Clarion 5.5 Professional
I ran through the Clarion 5.5 tutorial and attempted to set the table property label option to 'ini' for "Edit in Place", but it was not possible. Any ideas why this may be happening? Thankyou, Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 02:37:37 GMT, Kevin Willis <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote: >I ran through the Clarion 5.5 tutorial and attempted >to set the table property label option to 'ini' for >"Edit in Place", but it was not possible. > >Any ideas why this may be happening? It is usually caused by the Clarion installation program not working properly. You should have a file called C55DCTOP.INI in your BIN directory. When you select INI, Clarion reads that INI file and allows you to select "Edit in Place". However, for the purposes of the tutorial, you do not need to select it from the INI file. You can select STRING and enter "EDITINPLACE" in the label field. The tutorial should then work as expected. Jason ...

Clarion 5.5 Applications

Clarion 5.5 Professional
I ran through the Clarion 5.5 tutorial and attempted to set the table property label option to 'ini' for "Edit in Place", but it was not possible. Any ideas why this may be happening? Thankyou, Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 ...

Convert Clarion 5 Legacy app to Clarion 7
I have applications generated in Clarion 5 legacy code (not ABC) that I want to use in Clarion 7. Can this be done? Is the conversion automatic? Hi Bob, Make sure you have updated all the templates used in your app to C7 Leonid Chudakov chudakov@klarisoft.com On 17 =D0=BC=D0=B0=D0=B9, 15:42, Bob Ruland <pl...@bdrsystems.com> wrote: > I have applications generated in Clarion 5 legacy code (not ABC) that > I want to use in Clarion 7. Can this be done? Is the conversion > automatic? ...

How to export MEMO field data from Clarion 5.5 / 5.0
Hi, This is John form India. Can anyone guide me How to export data from a MEMO field. We try to migrate data from a .DAT file to a MS SQL Server table.That .DAT file has got a memo field. We don't know how to migrate that MEMO field data to SQL Server. When I had a chance of reding all the queries on MEMO field by IAN I thought of having the same solution. Your guidance is most appreciated... ...

Clarion 5 (not 5.5) Enterprise Edition Legacy and POSTGRESQL! Does anyone have any experience!
Hi! We are about to start a migration from TPS to Postgresql, but we would like to hear some "tales" from people who have already made that migration! The problem they have faced, point where is impossible to use SQL, thing like that! Thanks in advance ...

Rudimentary problems with Clarion 5.5
I have had Clarion 5.5 for quite awhile but have never actually used it. Prior to jumping for the high dollar fee for 6.1, I thought that I would try 5.5 to see if it worked. I started with a simple dictionary, containing 1 file (TSP), 10 fields (columns) and 3 keys.Using the application wizard, I cannot get it to to even populate all of the fields in the browse procedure. One of the fields is a date field and the wizard quits once it hits it. I also have had no success in trying to modify the generated source code. I was trying to get all 10 fields on the same tab as the "wizard" insists on splitting them accross two tabs. I have used other versions of Clarion before so I'm not a novice, but 5.5 seems to be really trashy as it locks up, hangs, and otherwise bombs constantly. Has anyone out there actually been able to generate anything using 5.5? Can you give me some clues as to how to approach this. I've been messing with the "wizards" for over a week and have zip to show for it. Even using their example applications is a fruitless chore. Scott wrote: > > I started with a simple dictionary, containing 1 file (TSP), 10 fields > (columns) and 3 keys.Using the application wizard, I cannot get it to > to even populate all of the fields in the browse procedure. One of the > fields is a date field and the wizard quits once it hits it. > > I also have had no success in trying to modify the generated source > code. I was tr...

Clarion 5.5 Install Directory?
I had to reinstall Windows XP on my laptop, I decided to reformat the hard drive and do a clean reinstall. long story <g> Anyway my question is how does Clarion 5.5 know what directory it is installed in? I have a backup copy of my previous installation and I wanted to be able to switch to that copy to check on all the templates and add-ons I installed originally. I'm not able to switch to that install, even if I start Clarion 5.5 in that directory, it goes to the new directory for templates, etc. I changed the path from: c:\progra~1\C55\bin;c:\progra~1\C55\3rdparty\bin;.....etc. to: c:\C55\bin;c:\C55\3rdparty\bin;.....etc. AND searched the registry for any entries containing C55, \C55, and C55\ and corrected the path REBOOT and Clarion still looks for files in the new install c:\progra~1\C55\ ???????? I've searched in the windows directory for an ini file, can't find one. I'm wondering what I'm missing. Thanks -- Rolando D. Velazquez Active Performance Systems, Inc. Forgot to mention, The new install is in a different directory "c:\progra~1\C55" the old install was at "c:\c55" Thanks "Rolando D. Velazquez" <rolydiaz@NoServerActivePerformance.com> wrote in message news:3f749fc0@news.softvelocity.com... > I had to reinstall Windows XP on my laptop, > I decided to reformat the hard drive and do > a clean reinstall. long story <g> > Anyway my question is how > does Clarion 5.5 know what di...

Packageing a Clarion 5.5 programme
I'm wondering If anyone can give let me have or direct me to an information source on how to package a C55 programme for use in Windows. I'd like users to be able to load the program to the desktop in the normal way, having obained a CD or the install programme. Thanks and regards, Alan Wright. It is not very clear what you are looking for. The normal way to "package" an application is via an install program. If the user has that, they shouldn't need much further. Are you seeking help with selecting or building an install program? Tim "Alan Wright" <aircool@arach.net.au> wrote in message news:1d558f0b.0311070126.3b25cde2@posting.google.com... > I'm wondering If anyone can give let me have or direct me to an > information source on how to package a C55 programme for use in > Windows. I'd like users to be able to load the program to the desktop > in the normal way, having obained a CD or the install programme. > > Thanks and regards, > Alan Wright. Check out the freeware installationmaker innosetup at www.innosetup.com, it's a great product and I've used it for about 3 years now without any problems. Regards, Niels. "Alan Wright" <aircool@arach.net.au> skrev i en meddelelse news:1d558f0b.0311070126.3b25cde2@posting.google.com... > I'm wondering If anyone can give let me have or direct me to an > information source on how to package a C55 programme for use in ...

Clarion 5.5 and Printer Codes
Hello, Has anyone tried to print printer control codes from a Clarion Report. I just cannot get it to work. I have the need to print to an Okidata ML320. Thanks, Ron "RonC" <roncook@iname.com> wrote in message news:A921.1067462715.1598@discuss.softvelocity.com... > Has anyone tried to print printer control codes from a Clarion Report. I > just cannot get it to work. > > I have the need to print to an Okidata ML320. > Have you tried using the Generic/Text printer driver instead of the Oki driver? -- Brad Kunkel Integrated Business, Inc. I have seen where you put the codes into the Generic / Text Only driver, but how do you use then in your report? Is it just setting the FONT attribute and it uses those codes? Or do I have to do something different? For example: If I put in a code for 17CPI, what would I do to make it use that? Thanks -- Jason jasonfive@att.net "Jason Johnson" <jason@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:0pdob.17831$YO5.8833921@news3.news.adelphia.net... > I have seen where you put the codes into the Generic / Text Only driver, but > how do you use then in your report? Is it just setting the FONT attribute > and it uses those codes? Or do I have to do something different? > > For example: If I put in a code for 17CPI, what would I do to make it use > that? Jason, I made the probably incorrect assumption that since the Generic driver prints text you could embed control...

I am attempting to run clarion 5.5 on my computer running XP and I get a "16 bit MS-DOS subsystem error" It says that the VDD format in the registry is invalid. I have reloaded the VDD file and still get the error. Any ideas? Thanks ...

bind and evaluate in Clarion 5.5
Hi I'm would like to use evaluate and have written the following test program. I works only partly. The procedure AllCapsFunc are executed via Evaluate but it does not return a value into StringVar. Why? Hope that you can help map AllCapsFunc procedure(string), string end Person group,pre(PERS),bindable FirstName string(20) LastName string(20) end NameStr string(20) StringVar string(20) result string(255) bind('FirstName',PERS:FirstName) bind('StringVar',StringVar) bind('SomeFunc',AllCapsFunc) bind('NameStr',NameStr) NameStr='jesper' Person.FirstName = 'Jesper' Person.LastName = 'Nielsen' StringVar = 'peter' result = evaluate('StringVar=SomeFunc(FirstName)') message('3:'&clip(result)) case clip(result) of '' if ErrorCode() message('Error ' & errorcode() & ' -- ' & Error()) else message('Unknown error') end of '0' message('no bind: ' & clip(StringVar)) of '1' message('result: '& clip(StringVar)) end return AllCapsFunc procedure(str) code message('1:'&clip(str)) str=upper(str) message('2:'&clip(str)) return(str) Regards Jesper Hi Jesper, > I works only partly. The procedure AllCapsFunc are executed via > Evaluate but it does not return a value into StringVar. Why? With ...

Clarion 5.5/6.1 and MySQL
hy, i'm trying to switch to mysql (4.0.12, running on gentoo-linux, kernel 2.4.6 ) via odbc(3.5.1/3.5.2) on C5EE and C6.1 (from XP SP2). on C55/odbc3.5.1: Table-Import (even multi) works fine, but if i want to browse i get the message: "table does not exist, do you want to create" (if i then try to create: "driver error 1 - odbc.dll could not be loaded") nearly the same happens with C61/odbc3.5.2 - with one difference: i'm able to create an application and run it one time from the ide - leaving Clarion and trying to do this once more gives me the same messages. the table is very simple (one long and one string column) and I did not use any odbc- or clarion-options. what's wrong with me ??? please help; edmond ...

Clarion 5.5; supports DLL of .Net ?
Hello All, We are using Clarion 5.5; we have developed a DLL in .Net, Now we want to use the same DLL in Clarion. But system gives exception. As it is COM component I think clarion might support it. I need help for this. Thanks in advance In article <1121319064.264413.39430@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,=20 Infogetrana@gmail.com says... > Hello All, >=20 > We are using Clarion 5.5; we have developed a DLL in .Net, > Now we want to use the same DLL in Clarion. But system gives exception. > As it is COM component I think clarion might support it. Product Description - EasyCOM2INC, MFG - IngaSoftPlus Internet Link - http://www.ingasoftplus.com/id104.htm You may want to consider this tool to help you develop COM in Clarion. From= =20 the description, it supports, C5.5 and C6.x (not C6.2 yet), but some=20 features will only be available in C6.x "EasyCOM2INC utility is used to automatically creating Clarion include file= s=20 with the definitions of COM-interfaces from IDL file and generate needed=20 Classes. It supports generation of Late binding methods as well as Early=20 binding. The Microsoft=AE Interface Definition Language (MIDL) defines interfaces=20 between client and server programs. See more information here. You can create a IDL file using MS Oleview.exe - OLE/COM Object Viewer. Thi= s=20 administration and testing tool browses in a structured way, configures,=20 activates, and tests all Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) classes...

Conversion from Clarion 5.5 to 6.0
Has anyone out there been able to evaluate 6.0 yet? If so, have you been able to smoothly upgrade your Clarion 5.5 apps. to this latest release? Kevin, The conversion is "fairly" easy. You will need to read the doc's on migrating. Since the default is now to use pre-emptive threading, there are some issues that you will need to deal with for things like non-threaded global data. The documentation and help system has undergone a huge overhaul and this will help. The EA newsgroups have been very active over the past few months, so there will be lot's of help availalbe. Don't hesitate to make the switch. C6 is so much better than C55 right now. Michael Gould "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a10c840dda244d4989716@news.verizon.net... > Has anyone out there been able to evaluate 6.0 yet? > > If so, have you been able to smoothly upgrade your > Clarion 5.5 apps. to this latest release? The only issue I have had is the usual - 3rd party templates are not all compatible. -- Kind regards, James Cooke ----------------------------------------------------------- Publish and maintain your own technical tips on Clarionfoundry! Clarionfoundry can be found at http://www.clarionpublisher.com ----------------------------------------------------------- "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a10c840dda244d4989716@news.verizon.net... > Has ...

Web resources about - Clarion Professional 5.5 & Clarion for DOS 3.102 - comp.lang.clarion

Professional - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In narrow usage, not all expertise is considered a profession. Although sometimes referred to as professions, occupations such as skilled construction ...

Michael Lawler's Four Corners appearance did 'devastating damage' to his professional standing: report ...
Michael Lawler &quot;destroyed public confidence&quot; in his ability to hold high quasi-judicial office and behaved &quot;dishonourably&quot; ...

Michael Lawler's Four Corners appearance did 'devastating damage' to his professional standing: report ...
Michael Lawler "destroyed public confidence" in his ability to hold high quasi-judicial office and behaved "dishonourably" by participating in ...

Most IT professionals believe current privacy and consent tools are inadequate
The regulatory environment for data is in a state of change at the moment with many countries introducing legislation to control the flow of ...

Professional Chinese hackers are responsible for U.S. ransomware attacks
Ransomware is a kind of cyber attack that’s growing in popularity. Here's how it works: hackers infiltrate computers, encrypt files you want ...

A woman who's been a professional athlete, banker, filmmaker, restaurateur and CEO reveals 5 keys to ...
For THINX co-founder and CEO Miki Agrawal , success is hard-won. And it's a journey. The former investment banker, athlete, filmmaker, and restaurateur ...

New York clears way to allow professional MMA
New York's Assembly voted to legalize mixed martial arts, clearing the way for fights and expanding the combat sport into the last state to still ...

How to take a professional selfie
A professional headshot is essential when we have something to sell. We may be selling products and services as a marketer. We may be selling ...

New York poised to end longtime ban on professional MMA
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — New York is poised to end its ban on professional mixed martial arts, the last state to prohibit the combat sport.

Camps are "an important resource for urban professionals"
Architects should study refugee camps like the Jungle in France, according to Sophie Flinder, who argues the camp has become a functioning town ...