Clarion training in Australia

Hi All,

I have a colleague that needs some training in Clarion.  I've searched
various websites and asked some other Clarion users but nobody seems
to know where to get it.  It needs to be in Australia, preferably
Melbourne.  Does anyone know if ANY Clarion courses are available?

Thanks
Gary

I would be more than happy to deliver Clarion training "down under".  Could
even do it in various cities if the demand calls for it.  All levels of
Clarion training delivered.  Just get a group together, list the topics you
wish and I'll custom make the class to fit the needs and wants of the
students.

Contact me privately for more details if you wish to proceed further.

--
Russ Eggen
www.radfusion.com

"Gary Thackrah" <gary.thackrah@jda.com> wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a colleague that needs some training in Clarion.  I've searched
various websites and asked some other Clarion users but nobody seems
to know where to get it.  It needs to be in Australia, preferably
Melbourne.  Does anyone know if ANY Clarion courses are available?

Thanks
Gary

0
r.eggen (50)
9/30/2004 1:11:45 PM
In article <3c91494b.0409291544.60ebed8@posting.google.com>,
gary.thackrah@jda.com says...
> Hi All,
>
> I have a colleague that needs some training in Clarion.  I've searched

Some current educational resources:

Product Description - Clarion Tips and Techniques,
MFG - Clarion Magazine (CoveComm Inc.)
Internet Link - http://www.clarionmag.com/books/

The first Clarion Magazine book is a Tips & Techniques volume of
approximately 600 pages, containing selected articles from Clarion
Magazine's first five years in publication, as well as a small number of
articles originally published in Clarion Online. These articles were written
for Clarion 5.0 and 5.5, but many are just as applicable to Clarion 6.
Compiled and edited by David Harms.

Product Description - Clarion Magazine,
MFG - Clarion Magazine (CoveComm Inc.)
Internet Link - http://www.clarionmag.com/

Number 1 Ongoing Educational resource! Published in PDF.

Also CoveComm Inc publishes and sells an ongoing collection of books
including Clarion Databases & SQL.

Product Description - Programming Objects in Clarion, MFG - RADFusion
Internet Link - http://www.radfusion.com/shopexd.asp?id=1

"Programming Objects in Clarion" is a book that covers how to program
objects in the Clarion language and why.

From those that don't know what OOP is to those who need to raise their
coding skills to the next level, this book is for you.

If you don't know how to code objects in Clarion, or even if you do not know
if they are any use to you and your projects, then this is the book for you.

The book assumes no prior skill levels as there is something in here for
everyone. From the beginning, what is OOP (including precise and usable
definitions of all the OOP buzzwords), to why one would need to code
objects, to how ABC works, to converting a procedural style procedure that
every Clarion developer already has on their machine, to coding a template
wrapper for that new object.

The book is accompanied by a code section in all editions. All code
referenced in the book is included. Plus some extra goodies not referenced
in the book.

Product Description - Programming in Clarion ABC, MFG - CapeSoft
Internet Link - http://www.capesoft.com/accessories/abcbook.htm

Bruce Johnson presented an all-day training session at ETC 3. Demand for the
notes, from people who were unable to attend the session, has been
overwhelming. Thus we have made the notes available, in a printed format, to
the general Clarion community.

These notes represent a work-in-progress in as much as they were intended to
ultimately be published in a book form. However as that is a long term
project, and as the notes contain information valuable to the general
Clarion public now, we have decided to release them "as-is".

Product Description - Clarion Companion, MFG - Randy Goodhew
Internet Link - http://www.mittensoftware.com/prodcwcc.htm

"By Randy Goodhew. Unleash the power of Clarion for Windows with Randy
Goodhew's latest book, Clarion Companion." This book is loaded with useful,
field tested methods that will save you time and improve the quality of your
programming. It is a useful reference guide that tells you how programs
should be written, not how they can be written."

Product Description - Clarion Foundations CD
MFG - SoftVelocity, Inc
Internet Link -
http://www.softvelocity.com/products/courseware_foundations.htm

"Interactive Self-Study Training for Clarion 5 is a Windows-based training
tool that allows you to learn how to start developing business applications
with Clarion as quickly or leisurely as you want to go."

Product Description - Clarion Essentials CD
MFG - SoftVelocity, Inc
Internet Link -
http://www.softvelocity.com/products/courseware_essentials.htm

"This intermediate-level class is designed to pick up right where the
Foundations class ends. Become far more efficient in your Clarion
application development by learning to take full advantage of many of the
more sophisticated capabilities of the tool including utilizing the OOP-
based Application Builder Class."

David

--
From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software
Email - mailto:DavidT@encouragersoftware.com

clarion 22 and clarion 55
i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 i have message link error. to many files -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr http://forums.club-internet.fr/ I am really flushing now. There was really no problems. I had missed the 4.1 patch (also from april) So now Im smiling again! "youcef" <ydjira@caramail.com> skrev i melding news:20031111-9206-522759@foorum.com... > > i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 > when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 > > i have message > link error. to many files > -- > Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr > This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr > > http://forums.club-internet.fr/ ...

Clarion DOS to Clarion Windows Conversion
Hi Newsmembers - What problems have you encountered when converting from a DOS-based Clarion project to Clarion for Windows. I'll be using Clarion version 5.5, and upgrading to 6.0 in the near future. Thankyou, - Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 A fully rewrite is generally required. If you have a bunch of logic code (formulas and such), then you can convert that source without too much effort. Everything else (especially the windows interface and file access code) will require a significant rethinking and almost total redevelopment. Sorry for the bad news. -=> Mike Hanson <=- On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 22:06:40 GMT, Kevin Willis <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote: >Hi Newsmembers - > >What problems have you encountered when >converting from a DOS-based Clarion >project to Clarion for Windows. > >I'll be using Clarion version 5.5, >and upgrading to 6.0 in the near future. > >Thankyou, > >- Kevin Willis >klwillis.dsl@verizon.net >ICQ:32805500 > > > > dont do it ! and if you have the chance to look out into the future. think about looking at tools that can generate .NET apps say VB . NET. Or tools that code charge. Since clarion is a product that is not language indepandent think about a tool set that cater for more then one language and doesnt use a meta modelling system such as txa's. so before leaping into clarion for windows which is really a product designed ...

Clarion training class
This Sept-Oct, there will be an intermediate to advanced class on Clarion. The details are at http://www.compushopuk.com/training/index.asp This class is aimed primarily for Clarion developers in the UK and surrounding areas, but not limited to them. Availability is on a first come, first served basis and there are still some seats available. If any firm sends two or more students, they will be entitled to a discount, but only for a limited time. See above link for contact info if you require more info. -- Russ Eggen www.radfusion.com ...

Clarion 6 legacy to Clarion 6 ABC
Hi. I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 legacy to ABC. I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it possible with version 6 too? The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... (Feel a bit lost ;-)) Thanks for your help Hi JC, Have a look at http://www.comsoft7.com/BLAT.htm available here http://www.comsoft7.com/Prices.htm Also, you will get more and faster help on SoftVelocity's free public newsgroup news.softvelocity.com so I suggest you get on that newsgroup instead of this one. -- --- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.net www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.net/appshell/index.htm "JC" <realjench@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f51ed944-b011-4782-b7cd-8b02c4ca8e73@j14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... | Hi. | | I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 | legacy to ABC. | | I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it | possible with version 6 too? | | | The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... | | | I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... | | (Feel a bit lost ;-)) | | Thanks for your help On 5 jan, 17:20, "Earl R Coker" <ksasales AT machlink DOT com> wrote: > Hi JC, > > Have a look at =A0http://www.c...

what is clarion?
? A very powerful development system for building computer programs. Its primary focus is database applications, but it can be bent into a lot of different shapes by a knowledgable user. Tim "VIJAY" <vijaynats@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5407b3d4.0310212323.6e23fd53@posting.google.com... > ? "VIJAY" <vijaynats@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5407b3d4.0310212323.6e23fd53@posting.google.com... > ? Hi VIJAY, (From a CodeSnip entry...) What Clarion really is: It is a database centric language with a code generating IDE, which will basically complete 70 - 80% of your DATA MAINTENANCE code after you designed your tables/files in the Data Dictionary. Then the IDE is used to develop the UNIQUE procedures for your application using many available templates and CODE EMBEDS in the templates. What basically is Clarion? 1) Clarion is actually an APPLICATION PROGRAMMING language and a code generating IDE. It is designed for easy usage while building data-intensive business computer applications. Clarion has one BIG difference in developing database applications in that the Developer MUST determine what data is to be in the database and how that data is to be manipulated BEFORE beginning to develop the application. This is because the FIRST thing you must develop in the IDE are the data files using the Data Dictionary Utility. 2) Clarion has an Integrated Design Environment (IDE) which includes a data-dictionary utility so...

Migration from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE
Hi, I've migrated my application from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE. In my dll app there are global extensions, and if I compile application I get linker errors: .... Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown004.obj ..... Unresolved External $VSTHREADCLASS:G4 in slowniki.obj Unresolved External KILL@F13VSTHREADCLASS in slowniki.obj Unresolved External $VSTHREADCLASS:G4 in slowniki.obj Unresolved External INIT@F13VSTHREADCLASS in slowniki.obj .... What is wrong? Any ideas? Regards, Mihca� ...

need Clarion Programmer (work for Clarion software developer)
Hello, we need a Clarion programmer to do soem work in Clarion program (need to fix soem problems in Calrion software). Please e-mail: nick@primedebtsoft.com ...

Convert Clarion 5 Legacy app to Clarion 7
I have applications generated in Clarion 5 legacy code (not ABC) that I want to use in Clarion 7. Can this be done? Is the conversion automatic? Hi Bob, Make sure you have updated all the templates used in your app to C7 Leonid Chudakov chudakov@klarisoft.com On 17 =D0=BC=D0=B0=D0=B9, 15:42, Bob Ruland <pl...@bdrsystems.com> wrote: > I have applications generated in Clarion 5 legacy code (not ABC) that > I want to use in Clarion 7. Can this be done? Is the conversion > automatic? ...

Clarion C7 support for Clarion Third Party Products
Clarion C7 support for Clarion Third Party Products The Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange has maintained a version column in the online version for years: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html The format for this column is Clarion version plus ABC and/or Legacy Clarion Version - C5.5, C6.x, C7 - ABC, Legacy We are in the midst of some serious C7 updating for both the online AND web updated data version (use with Product Scope 7) of the Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange - We do display some C7 version support now - but MOST of our research is a work in progress and you can view the latest at this web page. http://www.encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks-c7-status-12-09-2008.html The next release of the Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange WILL include this updated information - online and web updated data version. NOTE - the list is grouped by Clarion Third Party vendors (all products displayed by MFG) - SO please - Clarion Third Party vendors - help your buying public, and do two things - send updated information about your products and specific Clarion versions and ABC and/or Legacy support to the email address listed below Note the _Remove_ _Me_ in the address line Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com * * * AND, please update your web pages for support for specific Clarion versions and ABC and/or Legacy support - some have stated C7 support - but it is difficult to find that on web pages - if you would even ...

Encourager Software Clarion 7 Blog
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?cat=3 Clarion Roadmap - August 10 2006 - Robert Zaunere http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?p=72 "SoftVelocity President and CEO Robert Zaunere recently released an extremely informative and long awaited Clarion Roadmap for Clarion 7 and Clarion.Net future releases." Encourager Software maintains a dedicated Blog category for Clarion 7 related news. What does that mean to the average Clarion developer? Well, hopefully an easier place to bookmark and get significant Clarion 7 news as it is released. We try to give you a quick overview of the latest Clarion 7 news and point you to detailed press releases. This will include Clarion Third Party activity as well as information released from SoftVelocity. David -- From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange Online http://encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/ http://www.encouragersoftware.com/ ...

New Clarion Jobs & Top Clarion Programmers
Hi All Clarion fans! The Clarion Jobs Page was updated as well as the List of programmers and companies with Clarion technology. Clarion Jobs & Career Resources: http://www.artofprogramming.net/resources/jobs.html Clarion Developers & IT Companies: http://www.artofprogramming.net/dev_clarion_developers.html -- Best Regards! Alfred Blaho dB & Web Programmer for hire http://www.artofprogramming.net ...

Clarion World Network & Top Clarion Programmers
The World Network of experienced Clarion programmers and companies with Clarion technology was updated. Still looking for Clarion programmers or companies from some States and World countries: USA - Alaska, Delaware, Rhode Island, North & South Dakota, Wyoming. "One State - One Clarion programmer - One Clarion job - One Clarion project - One Success story - and More & More in the future, of course!" Best Regards! -- Alfred Blaho dB & Web Programmer for hire http://www.artofprogramming.net ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Clarion Jobs & Career Resources: http://www.artofprogramming.net/resources/jobs.html Clarion Developers & IT Companies: http://www.artofprogramming.net/dev_clarion_developers.html \\ | // (o o) ~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ...

Upgrading from Clarion 5.5 to Clarion 6.0
What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Hi Kevin, I have just copied apps over into another directory and loaded them up into C6 and they compile and run just fine with no changes needed... 3rd party stuff can be somewhat tricky in some cases tho... -- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (BigTamer(tm) Templates) "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... > What issues have you encountered and what were > the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? No plobrems at all. -- Kind regards, James Cooke ----------------------------------------------------------- Publish and maintain your own technical tips on Clarionfoundry! Clarionfoundry can be found at http://www.clarionpublisher.com ----------------------------------------------------------- "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Just read the migration and what's new docs. You will have to pay attention to threading. Things are a bit tighter, so I do expect a few reports of "worked in 5.5". You won't be able to get away with things like you could earlier. But to a load a 5.5 app...

Migrate project from clarion 2.1 into clarion 6.x
Hello all, our company has 50 years in the market, and we used clarion 2.1 20 years ago to handle our payroll. It has worked non-stop, but right now we have to make some modifications to the program and are evaluating clarion 6.0. Basically we have two options: -Migrate the .dat files to SQL and develop the whole thing from scratch -Migrate the .dat files to clarion 6.0 dct files and try to migrate most of the code Right now we are focusing on option #2, but since we have lots of .dat files (about 20 or 30 or so) i would like to know if there is a quick way to convert every one of them to the new format. I have the documentation and read the migration document, but it basically says that i should reconstruct the dictionary and copy and paste the old code into the new code where appropiate, but doesn't explain how to migrate the data. If anyone has a resource or documentation explaining this in little more detail it would be appreciated. Basically right now i am using Data Modeler and Importing the structure from a table with the clarion 2.1 driver Hi Seguros, You have the tool DMC which is supposed to read any table and let you clone it DAT 2 SQL for example regarding the 'old' dat format as we never worked with those tables if you want us to look into this to help you out cloning to new structure, please send us an example 'old' dat structure (with key files and memo files) so that we try it out in DMC and let you know You can also try out DMC you...

Clarion DD ver. 3.0 and Clarion PD 2110
I happen to have the 10 original discs for this program. Any one interested? ...

The World Network of Clarion programmers & New Clarion Jobs
Hi All Clarion fans! The World Network of experienced Clarion programmers and companies with Clarion technology was updated and New Clarion Jobs found. Clarion developers are available in the best parts of the World, throughout all time-zones, on-site and remotelly as well. -- Best Regards! Alfred Blaho dB & Web Programmer for hire http://www.artofprogramming.net The World Network of Clarion Developers & IT Companies: http://www.artofprogramming.net/dev_clarion_developers.html Clarion Jobs & Career Resources: http://www.artofprogramming.net/resources/jobs.html ...

Buying Clarion 6 in Australia
Hi All, It seems that the Clarion Professional upgrade is US $350 from http://www.softvelocity.com/products/purchase.htm Whereas the Enterprise upgrade in Australia is AUS $1274.90 in the Australian purchase point. http://www.aeronaut.biz/ecommerce/product_listing.asp?catid=000000140___________&ranid=000000213___________ Where do Aussies buy the professional upgrade at a reasonable price? grapes and watermelons. <g> "Steve Bywaters" <bywaters@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:A921.1068527270.2470@discuss.softvelocity.com... > Professional <> Enterprise > > so you aren't comparing 'apples with apples', no? > > Clearly you'd need to enquire as to the price for a 'Professional' upgrade > > Steve > > > "Mario Zukowski" <nospam_mz@casemix.com.au> wrote in message > news:ms5e6fcx7oab.1ipg7uwh44t5u.dlg@40tude.net... > > Hi All, > > > > It seems that the Clarion Professional upgrade is US $350 from > > http://www.softvelocity.com/products/purchase.htm > > > > Whereas the Enterprise upgrade in Australia is AUS $1274.90 in the > > Australian purchase point. > > > http://www.aeronaut.biz/ecommerce/product_listing.asp?catid=000000140_______ > ____&ranid=000000213___________ > > > > Where do Aussies buy the professional upgrade at a reasonable price? > > > > > On 11 Nov 2003 00:07:50 ...

Clarion Training in Cape Town
Incasu, the current South African Clarion Distributer, will be presenting the Clarion Essentials training course in Cape Town from Sept 29 to October 2 the Essentials course covers 1) Clarion Dictionary 2) Events and Properties 3) New Applications 4) Dynamic Link Libraries 5) Clarion Language Statements 6) Introduction to OOP 7) Surce Embeds 8) Reports 9) Debugger 10) OLE/OCX 11) Win 32 API cost is R4800 per head plus VAT. For more information please contact Anamari or Adelia (012) 644 0400 ...

Clarion 7 - Clarion 6.3
Hopefully, most of those that read these newsgroups have already received special emails or phone calls concerning the SoftVelocity Summer Update specials, but my company is running a special C7 blog about it for general details at: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?p=69 or Clarion 7 Blogs http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?cat=3 The SoftVelocity Summer Special is all about special pricing for the CSP - Core Subscription Program. The specific details for your pricing must be obtained from SoftVelocity or an authorized distributor. Special update pricing is for a limited time! This might be a reminder for some to send SoftVelocity an updated email address for contact. David -- From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange Online http://encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/ http://www.encouragersoftware.com/ ...

Clarion Third Party Best Dressed
Clarion Third Party Best Worst Dressed List Complete Best Dressed - Worst Dressed List at: http://tinyurl.com/24gca Clarion ProSeries Site Added - Rated as the latest Clarion Third Party Best Dressed! Evaluation Date - February 28, 2006 "Clarion ProSeries is the latest developer tool site from LANSRAD (http://www.lansrad.com/) - Charles Edmonds is the master mind of an ever increasing product line with state of the art inventiveness. Innovative Professional Grade Tools from a Cutting Edge Software Developer While Clarion ProSeries (http://www.clarionproseries.com/) is currently only a two product site - one released ProScan (http://www.clarionproseries.com/html/proimage.html) and another ProImage (http://www.clarionproseries.com/html/proscan.html) to follow shortly, Charles Edmonds of LANSRAD has certainly set the stage for what a Clarion Third Party Add-on site can be OUT of the starting gate. Let's start with the overall design of the web site - it's one thing to start with some web design tools, hopefully employ some artistic creativity and create something that will be easy to navigate, and display your products logically. Charles has another approach - Create a tool EZRound (http://www.ezround.com/) - that will help you create stunning banners, graphics and buttons AND then he created a technique called Site Styles that will help you enhance the standard site styles that ship with NetObjects Fusion (or any other website development too...

Clarion IP driver/Clarion 6
I had a production Clarion IP Server running on a Windows XP machine (a VM Guest). All but three of my Data managers have been unloaded and do not appear on the list of installable DLL's. I have a development server running and all is ok, but I un-installed the IP Server, deleted it, copied the working one and installed it, but when I refreshed the data managers, it removed the same ones. I have made a new VM...a Windows 7 Ultimate, installed the IP server from the Development machine, but this also removes and refuses to load the same data managers. What am I missing? El jue...

::: Data Conversion
I have several Clarion DOS v2.1 DOS data files with keys - .DAT and .KXX files respectively - that I'd like to convert over to Clarion 5.5 How would I go about converting this data? Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 Hi Kevin, Clarion 5.5 will read and write Clarion DOS v2.109 .dat files just fine. If the files are from a version earlier than v2.109 then deleting the key (.kxx) files and opening the files in Clarion 5.5 should convert them for you. The changes are in the keys. On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 17:11:23 GMT, Kevin Willis wrote: > I have several Clarion DOS v2.1 DOS data files with keys - .DAT and .KXX > files respectively - that I'd like to convert over to Clarion 5.5 > > How would I go about converting this data? > > Kevin Willis > klwillis.dsl@verizon.net > ICQ:32805500 Hi Kevin, Greg is right - leaving them in the Clarion data format is fine. We've done this a fiar bit when migrating dos apps to windows - we leave the data strucutres "untouched". This allows for both Dos & windows programs to work at the same time, and makes for a very smooth change-over. After that you can use File Manager 3 (www.capesoft.com) to painlessly convert it to any of the other structures that clarion offers. cheers Bruce "Gregory C. Bailey" <lanmicro@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:1eafcs476r233.1tnzabpamab0r.dlg@40tude.net... > Hi Kevin, > > Clarion 5.5 will read and write Cla...

Clarion Professional 5.5 & Clarion for DOS 3.102
Hi, I have licensed copies of Clarion Professional Edition 5.5 and Clarion for DOS 3.102 and would like to sell them. But I have no idea what they are worth nor where to sell them. I've thought about eBay but I don't think I'll get much for them there. Any ideas on price and where to sell them? Thanks Mark markstubbins@comcast.net ...

Clarion Training and a couple of C6 observations.
Firstly, happy holidays to y'all! We are hiring a new programmer with no prior Clarion experience. He does have plenty of MS programming background and PHP, Java,etc. Any suggestions besides sending him to SoftVelocity's courses on getting him up to speed on Clarion quickly? 3rd party classes, etc.? I don't have time to train him, and I hate to just give him the manuals... Next, re C6, a couple observations if some of you haven't already noticed: 1. It's very case sensitive. A good thing, as I've been sloppy about case usage over the years since the clarion compiler didn't seem to mind. Now it does and that's a good thing, IMHO. However, it does cause wierd errors. Just an FYI. 2. Dictionary validation checks are REALLY being enforced. Seems more so than in C5.5. If you have a popup saying a value has to be such and such and there's nothing in your code, check the dictionary validation rules for that field. Cheers, Lew Lepley ...

Web resources about - Clarion training in Australia - comp.lang.clarion

Cabinet of Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Cabinet of Australia is the council of senior ministers of the Crown , responsible to parliament . The Cabinet is appointed by the Governor-General ...

Premier Jay Weatherill wants to back South Australia’s technology sector with cash in State Budget ...
SOUTH Australia’s technologly sector is in line for a major State Budget boost, as Premier Jay Weatherill says the state should learn from US ...

List of tax paid by private companies run by Australia's richest revealed
Companies controlled by high-profile rich listers have revealed their tax bills publicly for the first time.

Australia's sugar intake described by experts as 'alarming'
... found an alarming three-quarters of one age group exceeding the guidelines for daily sugar intake. Lucy Cormack More than half of all Australians ...

TripAdvisor Traveller’s Choice: Sydney is Australia’s No.1 travel destination - DailyTelegraph Search ...
SYDNEY is the nation’s No.1 travel destination, according to a leading holiday review website.

Socceroos new kit, Nike Australia football jersey, World Cup qualifiers v Tajikistan and Jordan - Fox ...
The all-gold home strip was revealed alongside a new dark blue away strip, both of which feature the latest in Nike high performance athletic ...

T20 World Cup 2016: Australia v Bangladesh live scores, highlights, how do I watch it, what time is it ...
AUSTRALIA has kept its World Twenty20 hopes alive, scraping home by three wickets against Bangladesh in Bengaluru.

Australia criticised over refugee strategy
Foreign Minister Julie Bishop has rejected claims Australia has not done enough to help refugees in Asia.

Brussels terrorist attacks: Australia steps up airport security
... operations and patrols at the country's major international airports in the wake of the deadly attack on Brussels Airport on Tuesday. The Australian ...

List of tax paid by private companies run by Australia's richest revealed
Companies controlled by high-profile rich listers have revealed their tax bills publicly for the first time.