Debugger problem?

I use the debugger regularly and have just run into a problem that I have
not seen before:

Using C5.5H ABC on W2K machine

Not all the procedures are available in the debugger. They simply are not
there. Every procedure is set to debug mode and the whole app is set to Full
debug.

For example: Modules 1 through 18 and 20 through 25 are available, but
module 19 is missing. I move the procedure in module 19 into module 18 and,
although the source code shows up in the debugger, it is not "active." That
is, I cannot set a break point in it or step into it.

The AppFile.map file is also missing the same procedures. So, I am assuming
that the compiler is not generating the debug data.

I have deleted all generated files and temp files and re-generated and
re-compiled all with no success.

Has anyone seen this? Does anyone have a solution?

John Welch
Cornerstone Software, Inc.
Taking you from where you are to where you want to be.
www.cston.com
C5.5.H EE ABC

0
john5335 (23)

Okay, times up!<bg>. The answer is: THE PROCEDURE HAS TO BE ACTUALLY CALLED
IN THE CODE TO SHOW UP IN THE DEBUGGER. Duh...

I was trying to use the debugger to find out why my code was not working. I
finally figured out that I wasn't calling it -- so it wasn't "working."

- John

"John Welch" <john@cston.com> wrote in message
> I use the debugger regularly and have just run into a problem that I have
> not seen before:
>
> Using C5.5H ABC on W2K machine
>
> Not all the procedures are available in the debugger. They simply are not
> there. Every procedure is set to debug mode and the whole app is set to
Full
> debug.
>
> For example: Modules 1 through 18 and 20 through 25 are available, but
> module 19 is missing. I move the procedure in module 19 into module 18
and,
> although the source code shows up in the debugger, it is not "active."
That
> is, I cannot set a break point in it or step into it.
>
> The AppFile.map file is also missing the same procedures. So, I am
assuming
> that the compiler is not generating the debug data.
>
> I have deleted all generated files and temp files and re-generated and
> re-compiled all with no success.
>
> Has anyone seen this? Does anyone have a solution?
>
> --
> John Welch
> Cornerstone Software, Inc.
> Taking you from where you are to where you want to be.
> www.cston.com
> C5.5.H EE ABC

0
john5335 (23)
7/16/2003 2:16:31 AM
You have to call a procedure if you want it to work?!?  Now there's a
good tip, <bg> James or Kelvin better FAQ it.

LoL, thanks for sharing.

Ramon

John Welch wrote:

>Okay, times up!<bg>. The answer is: THE PROCEDURE HAS TO BE ACTUALLY CALLED
>IN THE CODE TO SHOW UP IN THE DEBUGGER. Duh...
>
>I was trying to use the debugger to find out why my code was not working. I
>finally figured out that I wasn't calling it -- so it wasn't "working."
>
>- John
>

>"John Welch" <john@cston.com> wrote in message
>

>>I use the debugger regularly and have just run into a problem that I have
>>not seen before:
>>
>>Using C5.5H ABC on W2K machine
>>
>>Not all the procedures are available in the debugger. They simply are not
>>there. Every procedure is set to debug mode and the whole app is set to
>>

>Full
>

>>debug.
>>
>>For example: Modules 1 through 18 and 20 through 25 are available, but
>>module 19 is missing. I move the procedure in module 19 into module 18
>>

>and,
>

>>although the source code shows up in the debugger, it is not "active."
>>

>That
>

>>is, I cannot set a break point in it or step into it.
>>
>>The AppFile.map file is also missing the same procedures. So, I am
>>

>assuming
>

>>that the compiler is not generating the debug data.
>>
>>I have deleted all generated files and temp files and re-generated and
>>re-compiled all with no success.
>>
>>Has anyone seen this? Does anyone have a solution?
>>
>>--
>>---------------------------------------------
>>John Welch
>>Cornerstone Software, Inc.
>>Taking you from where you are to where you want to be.
>>www.cston.com
>>C5.5.H EE ABC

0
ramonr (12)

debugger problem and other problem
Hi all! I gave it another try to upgarde from 1.0.1 to 1.2.1 from CVS (Rev. 6469). My system: Linux Debian Lenny, kernel 2.6.24. Problems: 1. the classical debugger doesn't show the code. First I thought it could be a color problem, but it isn't. Changing the color doesn't help. You can find a screenshot at http://www.apw-wiegand.de/apwlin/debugger.png. As you can see the debugger finds the code file and shows the line number where it actually is, but doesn't show the code. In 1.0.1 the debugger was functioning. 2. I read several times in the newsgroup that others have the same problem with HB_EXT_INKEY like me. It is fine that some people now can use the extended keyboard features but I would prefer the old inkey coding without HB_EXT_INKEY because I have to serve an old Clipper prog and for example I don't want to change all keyboard chr(23) to keyboard K_CTRL_W especially because the same code is still used in DOS. I tried to unset #define HB_EXT_INKEY But then xharbour will not compile. Couldn't you provide a switch for those who don't want HB_EXT_INKEY used? 3. In Memoedit() I now get lines and text highlighted whenever I move the cursor with arrow keys. It doesn't change the text but the highlighting is disturbing. How can I change that behavior? Kind regards Claudia On 1 jun, 10:25, Claudia <dr.claudia.neum...@gmx.de> wrote: > Hi all! > > I gave it another try to upgarde from 1.0.1 to 1.2.1 from CVS (Rev. 6469)....

Migration from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE
Hi, I've migrated my application from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE. In my dll app there are global extensions, and if I compile application I get linker errors: .... Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown004.obj ..... Unresolved External $VSTHREADCLASS:G4 in slowniki.obj Unresolved External KILL@F13VSTHREADCLASS in slowniki.obj Unresolved External $VSTHREADCLASS:G4 in slowniki.obj Unresolved External INIT@F13VSTHREADCLASS in slowniki.obj .... What is wrong? Any ideas? Regards, Mihca� ...

Debugger Problems
I recently purchased a copy of CodeWarrior Learning Edition v4. It works well mostly, even though it's slighty more limited that I would like. The thing in CodeWarrior I've been having problems with is the debugger. Whenever I try to debug something, CodeWarrior crashes. The problem is 100% reproducable. I've looked at http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=20030427093158.25304.00000126@mb- m23.aol.com and http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=9c6fb850.0306300706.f10989f@posti ng.google.com but the solutions have not helped. When I try to run CW8_GDB.bin ...

Problems with debugger
Hi, Do you know, what my be a reason for such "screen of death" during debuggin= g ? It looks like this : - the program stops on a beakpoint and I invoke locals and database (ctrl = L + ctrl D) - in few seconds iI get the error screen with "unhandled exception 0xC0...= 5" - after such exit I found a new module __VO__DebugModule (on the beginning= it is hidden, and I am not able to compile program; I must export the whol= e program to aef, delete it in a repository and then import from aef; after= such strange operations the extra module is visible and I am...

Debugger problems
Hi I keep getting some strange behavior in the RB Debugger. I am Using RB5.5.4Pro on Mac OS 10.3.6. When I run the debugger on a app I'm developing, I will often get arrays filling with unexpected values or no values at all, however if I build the app and run it, it works as expected. Is this a common problem with the RB5.5.4 debugger or is my Mac or copy of RB a bit sick? m OK, I have discovered that Chr(255) cannot be used to return NthField or CountField. I don't know if it is the system or RB that has the problem, but it just doesn't like this ascii character. m ...

Clarion problem
I have problem working with Clarion 6.3 EE (9056) when I transfer it from old laptop to new one. I just copy Clarion6 folder to new laptop. Problems is when I like select any function from menu (Application, Project,...) or select by right button Property on any object (button, list box...) Clarion immediately exit, without any message or saving app. I try work in Safe mode Win XP pro and Clarion working ok. I test with other type of laptop, everything is ok. What should be problem... Thanks, Nebojsa Nebojsa, You need to do some things before trying to use clarion on a new system: - Copy the clarion directory on the new computer - Add a clarion entry in your win.ini (look at your working win.ini to know what you have to add) - Modify your system path statement to include c:\clarion6 path or whatever... you may also have a look at the c60xxxxxx.ini in you bin directory, more especially if you changed the drive letter or the path of the new installation on the new system Regards -- Olivier Cretey I would probably suggest to delete all .INI fiels in your Clarion6 directory and see if it helps. Arthur "nurosev" <ed@eurodata.hr> wrote in message news:f6squu$s5i$1@ss408.t-com.hr... >I have problem working with Clarion 6.3 EE (9056) when I transfer it from >old laptop to new one. I just copy Clarion6 folder to new laptop. Problems >is when I like select any function from menu (Application, Project,...) or >select by right button Pro...

Debugger problem
Hello, I am new to OS X programming, and i use C++ compiler Codewarrior 8.0 with OS as 10.2 and i somehow managed to crash my system so that i had to reinstall the OS (10.2.2) But now my Codewarrior 8.0 complains to me whenever i try to debug an application. It says "Unknown Error. Can't connect to GDB", Also the interface builder and project builder dont work with the new install Before the latest install they worked correctly. I have the folder known as 'previous system' which contains all the preferences and libraries that i used previously what can i take from these files without doing a reinstall? Please advise. Kind Regards Joji In article <8149dc89.0407070407.3e41f028@posting.google.com>, jojiv@hotmail.com (Joji V) wrote: >Hello, >I am new to OS X programming, and i use C++ compiler >Codewarrior 8.0 with OS as 10.2 >and i somehow managed to >crash my system so that i had to reinstall the OS (10.2.2) >But now my Codewarrior 8.0 complains to me whenever i >try to debug an application. >It says "Unknown Error. Can't connect to GDB", You need to install the Apple Developers Tools In order to debug or rebuild libraries on OS X you also need to go to the Apple Developers Connection http://www.apple.com/developer/ or http://connect.apple.com and download the December 2002 Developers tools for OS X 10.2.x The versions of gdb that came with OS X CD's h...

Debugger problems
Hello I am having some problems with the debugger in RHIDE. Whenever I set a break point and try to run the program I get the following message: "This program has no usable debugging information. Try to compile it with the -g switch." The -g switch *is* set, no optimizers are set and the project compiles just find. RHIDE version: 1.5 Debugger version: 5.3 DJGPP version: 2.03 GCC version: 3.2.2 Running under Win98. I hope anyone can give me some help on this matter. Thanks in advance. /Locke Magnus Malm <temp_locke@hotmail.com> wrote: : I am having some problems with the debugger in RHIDE. Whenever I set a : break point and try to run the program I get the following message: : "This program has no usable debugging information. Try to compile it with : the -g switch." : The -g switch *is* set, no optimizers are set and the project compiles just : find. Use some newer debug format. Try using "-gstabs+". Or some other one, check the manual for the whole list. Right, MartinS On 14 Aug 2003 20:37:39 GMT, Martin Str|mberg <ams@speedy.ludd.luth.se> wrote: >Magnus Malm <temp_locke@hotmail.com> wrote: >: I am having some problems with the debugger in RHIDE. Whenever I set a >: break point and try to run the program I get the following message: > >: "This program has no usable debugging information. Try to compile it with >: the -g switch." > >: The -g switch *is* set, no optimizers...

debugger problem
I've got a problem writing a debugger. The debugging process won't get notificated, and the debug process won't show up, although it is running in task-manager. Any idea what I did wrong? BTW: I use mingw for the program and VS ..net for the debugger program. But that's not a problem, is it? // --------------------------------------------------------------- // // This is the debugger code // --------------------------------------------------------------- // BOOL CSampleView::DebugProgram(LPCTSTR lpPathName, LPCTSTR lpComdLine) { DEBUG_EVENT DebugEv; DWORD dwCo...

Problems problems....
I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. I'm angry :)) I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ). Hope i gave you enough info to try and help. Thanx! -- ----------------------------------- Makni #### iz adrese Seems obvious that the drive is going belly up. You could download the manufacture's utility disk and confirm it. I think time would more wisely be spent backing up your data before you can't read it at all. DaveL "biBU" <idolovcak####@inet.hr> wrote in message news:cuslus$ljq$1@fegnews.vip.hr... > I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. > > Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even > bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does > not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it > seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it > all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. > I'm angry :)) > > ...

debugger problem
I am trying to convert an clipper app to VO 2.7b. I am using the debugger to see what is going on. The debugger appears to work until the shell window and menu appears on screen. After this I can not see any more code. I have checked the properties box in each module. Any suggestions or is this a problem with debug. Malcolm Hi Malcolm, whenever you want the debugger to pop up, you'll have to code AltD() there in your Code where you want to have a look. It's not done as in the old days by pressing "Alt+D" (-8 HAND Klaus "me" <lus...

Problem with Eclipse debugger
I am trying to debug a DLM (dynamic load module, like a DLL in Windows) with Eclipse on Linux. I can compile the DLM with Eclipse and the application which uses it runs fine. However when I try to attach Eclipse to its process, the program which uses the DLM just freezes, even if the DLM itself is not being used at that moment. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks, Bruno Bruno Panetta wrote: > I am trying to debug a DLM (dynamic load module, like a DLL in Windows) > with Eclipse on Linux. I can compile the DLM with Eclipse and the > application which uses it runs fine. However when I try to attach > Eclipse to its process, the program which uses the DLM just freezes, > even if the DLM itself is not being used at that moment. Am I doing > something wrong? IIRC there is an option that controls whether the application attached to is stopped on connection. robert ...

DDD debugger problem
I am trying to debug my program using the DDD debugger. I have also downloaded a manual for the debugger but I cannot RUN my program in the debugger. I use the -g flag when compiling. I then write to the command line > ddd table2 Then the debugger pops up and i press Programs->Run where it asks for arguments and because my program doesn't need any, I don't provide it with any and so I check the blank line. I always get the following: Program terminated with signal ?, Unknown signal. The program no longer exists. You can't do that without a process to debug. (gdb) set ar...

SQL Debugger Problem
I can get the debugger to work: I get a message: "sp debugging may not work if you log as as Local System Account" while SQL Service is configured to run as a service. You can open Event Viwer to see details." (Viwer means "Viewer" this is not one of my typos...) My text book says that this message means there is a problem that can be fixed in the SQL Server registration node (just under the server group in Enterprise Manager), Properties dialog, Security tab, Start Up Service. The book says to enter a valid user account and password in the Start Up Service area. However, there is in my case a "LocalSystem" and an encrypted password entered in this area and and I have no idea how these got in there. I assume the latter are default settings from when SQL was installed...Can I can this to "sa" and no password? I'm afraid to change the existing setting if I don't understand what it is and where it came from.. Thank you **very** much for help...I would like to use the debugger. J. <JJ_377@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1108768160.950052.227040@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I can get the debugger to work: I get a message: > "sp debugging may not work if you log as as Local System Account" while > SQL Service is configured to run as a service. You can open Event Viwer > to see details." (Viwer means "Viewer" this is not one of my typos...) > > My text book says tha...

Problem with debugger on FreeBSD
Hi, I just upgraded from ports on FreeBSD, and for some reason ruby's debugger forces me to enter each command 5 times. Any idea what would cause this? Thanks, Travis travis@aop:~$ uname -a FreeBSD aop.intranet 4.9-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p4 #0: Wed Mar 17 16:55:09 EST 2004 root@aop.intranet:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL i386 travis@aop:~$ ruby -v ruby 1.8.1 (2004-05-02) [i386-freebsd4] travis@aop:~$ cat test.rb puts "hello" puts "1" puts "2" puts "3" puts "4" puts "5" travis@aop:~$ ruby -r debug test.rb Debug.rb Em...

Classic debugger problem
Compile the following code, using "-b -m -n -w -q" as compiler flags. Tell it to use the Classic Debug Run the program, and when the debugger opens up, set a trace point such as "tp nResult > 5000" Run the program until it stops in the debugger again Now remove the trace point with Alt-P, Delete Bingo - you just displayed the error of the day. Thanks ***************************** FUNCTION Test LOCAL ; nResult := 0, ; i setmode(50,80) ALTD() For i := 1 To 100 nResult := i^2 ? nResult Next RETURN NIL Tim Jacob wrote: > > Compile the following code, using "-b -m -n -w -q" as compiler flags. > Tell it to use the Classic Debug > > Run the program, and when the debugger opens up, set a trace point such > as "tp nResult > 5000" > > Run the program until it stops in the debugger again > > Now remove the trace point with Alt-P, Delete > > Bingo - you just displayed the error of the day. > > Thanks > > > ***************************** > FUNCTION Test > LOCAL ; > nResult := 0, ; > i > > setmode(50,80) > ALTD() > > For i := 1 To 100 > nResult := i^2 > ? nResult > Next > > > RETURN NIL In any console application, if I activate the debugger, set a watch point, and then delete the watchpoint, an error is generated. Doesn't matter what application I am running. Here is the trace. As you can ...

Compatibility Problem of Clarion
I am using lcarion 5.5 Enterprice Edition with path 5.5.08. I compile a program under Terminal Server. The problem is, the program compiled seems to behave diffrently from time to time. Eg: There is no Error "ERROR:Record Not found. Attempting to open file XX.dat" in certain pc, but there is when the program runs in another pc. After recompiling the same coding for few times, the error message disappear. What i know is the terminal server is running in 64 bit mode, while clarion is only in 16 bit mode only. Would there be any uncertaincy when compiling clarion in terminal server? ...

Xcode debugger problem
I am using Xcode 1.5 and have had problems with the debugger window. I am working on a multithreaded standard tool (very vanilla C command line program) and the debugger window is messed up. The stack display gets lost. The window below the tool bar is divided roughly in half (adjustable) with the left half the call stack and the right half variable/value display. There is a dimple you can use to adjust the relative sizes of these two windows. Anyway when the debugger is messed up the dimple disappears and so does the stack display window. (It's like it got dragged to 0 size, which you cannot do and the drag dimple disappears). Very frustrating when you hit a break point and cannot see the call stack... After much fighting I managed to get it back by throwing away the <name>.pbxuser object inside the xcode project, cleaning the object code and rebuilding. I'm not sure which of these did it but finally I had the window back in normal form. Any suggestions on (a) how to prevent this or (b) a better way or perhaps THE way to fix it. -jim ...

VxWorks Debugger Problem
Hi, I'm trying to get the Tornado debugger working and I get the following error message when I try to connect the target server to the WDB back end on the target. Connecting to target agent... succeeded. Attaching C++ interface... succeeded. Attaching elf OMF reader for PPC CPU family... succeeded. Warning: Target checksum: 0xa945 (computed from 0x100000 to 0x1b8290). Host checksum: 0x6876 (computed from 0x11a0080 to 0x1258310). Warning: Core file checksums do not match. I have made sure that the kernel files on the target and the host PC that runs the target server are identical. Any...

Xcode Debugger problem
I am using Xcode 1.5 on a multithreaded standard tool (very vanilla C command line program) and the debugger window is messed up. The stack display gets lost. The window below the tool bar is divided roughly in half (adjustable) with the left half the call stack and the right half variable/value display. There is a dimple you can use to adjust the relative sizes of these two windows. Anyway when the debugger is messed up the dimple disappears and so does the stack display window. (It's like it got dragged to 0 size, which you cannot do and the drag dimple disappears). Very fr...

Re: How many files can you have in a VMS directory without performance problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? perfo #2
On 8/17/05, Mark Berryman <mark@theberrymans.com> wrote: > Steven M. Schweda wrote: > > First, does anyone know why Info-VAX goes nuts on subjects from time > > to time? (Or is the trouble elsewhere?) >=20 > Elsewhere. Info-VAX does not rewrite the subject. >=20 > Mark Berryman > Info-VAX admin >=20 I thought it was reacting to poster sanity bugchecks. : ^ ) WWWebb --=20 NOTE: This email address is only used for noncommerical VMS-related correspondence. All unsolicited commercial email will be deemed to be a request for services pursuant to the terms and conditions located at http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/e/webbww/ ...

CUPS problem? or network problem? or printer problem?
Trying to configure CUPS to print to an HP LaserJet 5si over the network. Here is the relevant error_log stuff: I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Job 14 queued on 'ptr' by 'wm'. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/texttops (PID 12120) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 1 2121) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster (P ID 12122) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertoprint er (PID 1...

Is this a BIOS problem, a kernel problem or a user problem :-)
Hi all, I have a Dual Core P4, which dmesg reports as (CPU0 and) CPU1: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 5 CPU 2.66GHz stepping 07 Unfortunately, it is also reporting CPU: Hyper-Threading is disabled I went through the BIOS (AMI dated 2005) and saw no option to enable HT. uname -a reports Linux hwa3 2.6.17-10-generic #2 SMP Fri Oct 13 18:45:35 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux so clearly the BIOS and the kernel see the processor as dual core. Is there a utility to do this (enable hyperthreading)? Am I going to have to recompile the kernel? Is there a set of Intel dual core CPU's which does not have H...

Web resources about - Debugger problem? - comp.lang.clarion

Debugger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. A debugger ...

Debugger - Facebook-Entwickler
Facebook-Entwickler Search Facebook Developers Dokumente Werkzeuge Hilfe Neuigkeiten Anwendungen Anmelden Debugger Startseite › Werkzeuge Input ...

Script Debugger 5.0
Major update to one of my favorite apps of all time. If you dick around with AppleScript, you should have Script Debugger.

Review: 5 memory debuggers for Linux coding
When you're working in Linux, manually debugging memory-related errors can be difficult and time consuming. These five tools can help.

Android Studio 1.2 Reaches Beta, Adds Built-In Decompiler, Inline Debugger Variables, Smarter Formatting ...
When Android Studio v1.1 entered the Stable channel, about 6 weeks ago, the Dev Tools team gave word that v1.2 was already well underway and ...

Review: 5 memory debuggers for Linux coding
As a programmer, I'm aware that I tend to make mistakes and why not? Even programmers are human. Some errors are detected during code compilation, ...

Meet the DeBuggers An attitude adjustment regarding the "Fix" at Healthcare.gov
Let me start off by saying that Healthcare.gov is now working well in most areas of the US. Folks are accessing the site all day, every day, ...

Resolving Nightmare Bugs With Reversible Linux App Debugger
Undo and ARM partner on ARM DS-5 tool suite rapidly resolve nightmare bugs

Bed bugs: A new debugger - The Economist
FEW things destroy the reputation of a high-class hotel faster than bed bugs.

Genuitec Launches Debugger for PhoneGap, Apache Cordova
Genuitec ships GapDebug, a new debugger for developers building PhoneGap and Apache Cordova apps.