Firebird Clarion c55pe and lock conflicts

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi All,
Long time no post!!
I have a situation with one of my clients where I "share" some firebird
data files with another app written in Delphi.
I am using the latest Firebird / Interbase ODBC driver v2.00.00.134 and
Firebird 1.53 engine.
I have defined some of the shared Firebird files in my dictionary (used
the import file option and selected odbc).
No I have NOT used any prop:sql calls not am I writing to thes shared
files. I am only reffering to these files and hence only need read only
access.
We have install the app and now the Delphi system is complaining of
lock conflicts.
Can anyone help with this?
We are becoming a little desperate...

Thanks,
Justin

0
Reply justin996 (5) 9/11/2006 11:29:54 PM

See related articles to this posting

On 11 Sep 2006 16:29:54 -0700, "Jovy" <justin@regionalit.com.au>
wrote:

>I have a situation with one of my clients where I "share" some firebird
>data files with another app written in Delphi.
>I am using the latest Firebird / Interbase ODBC driver v2.00.00.134 and
>Firebird 1.53 engine.

>We have install the app and now the Delphi system is complaining of
>lock conflicts.

Try using a different ODBC driver.... try the Gemini Interbase ODBC.
0
Reply sandrogsp (3) 9/11/2006 11:57:06 PM

> Try using a different ODBC driver.... try the Gemini Interbase ODBC.

Thanks sandro, I'll give it a try...

0
Reply justin996 (5) 9/12/2006 12:04:15 AM
comp.lang.clarion 5304 articles. 5 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

FIREBIRD AND CLARION
Hi. How to set autoincrement key in DCT using FIREBIRD ? Thank's in advance. Eduardo I guess no way to use autoinc. AS i know firebird have no autoincrement in FB used 'generators' to increment key. and i guess you are using firebird ODBC to access Db "patoruzu" <ecepero@cpcipc.org> wrote in message news:47a11adadac12e7b6a23292e29d46a7b@localhost.talkaboutprogramming.com... > Hi. > How to set autoincrement key in DCT using FIREBIRD ? > Thank's in advance. > Eduardo > ...

lock conflicting with another
what does it mean when one lock mode conflicts with another like is says in the documentation? can somebody explain and maybe give an example. thanx, amir ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your message can get through to the mailing list cleanly Amir Zicherman <amir.zicherman@gmail.com> writes: > what does it mean when one lock mode conflicts with another It means that a holder of the on...

File Locking Conflicts
We have developed a python class that can read data files created from another application. These target files are C-ISAM files used for accounting applications so the "primary" application may be reading and/or writing to portions of the files ("records") at the same time. The python class we developed opens the requested file in 'rb' mode, reads the file header (first 512k) and using information supplied in the file header (such as record length, etc), reads "records" from specific file locations. At no time does the python class do any writing of da...

Write conflict (Record locking)
Dear reader, In case I work with two Forms and using the same Table but with other fields in the Forms, I have the following experience. After I change in one of the two Forms a field I can't move to another record in the other form because of a record locking problem. How can I avoid the popup window witch telling me: "The record has been changed by another user since you started editing it". The setting under "Tools", "Advaced" under default records locking is "no locks" and "Open databases using record-level locking" is disabled. T...

Firebird + Zeos: locking + refreshing
Hello :-) Introduction: Delphi Multiuser application Database: Firebird DB Components: Zeos Questions: 1. How can I lock records? 2. How can I refresh DBGrids when any user made any changes? 3. Can I do these taks in a very smart way using Zeos components- if not how can I do it anyway? :-) Thank you very much :-) Jack On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:04:14 +0100, "Adamski" <jackfrompolandnews@op.pl> wrote: > Hello :-) > >Introduction: >Delphi Multiuser application >Database: Firebird >DB Components: Zeos This really belongs i...

Lock requests not available due to conflicts?
Okay, my db_stats, running BerkeleyDB 4.7.25, looks as follows (see below). There's one thing I don't understand, though. It says: "10 Lock requests not available due to conflicts," What does that mean, given that the 'Maximum number of lockers at any one time' has only been 76? (out of a possible 2500). Or is it just saying that it couldn't aquire a lock immediately? (like with flock on files). The environment itself looks otherwise sane enough to me. Thanks, - Mark 0x7fffffff Current maximum unused locker ID 5 Number of lock mode...

lock conflicts, even when using transactions
I'm quite a newbie when it comes to using Berkeley DB. I am using BDB dbxml. I have an application that fetches data from an external source and writes that into dbxml. The data fetch takes a long time, so I start a new thread to do this. All writes into dbxml for that batch are then done in that same new thread. When I have a few batches running at the same time, after variable amounts of time, the application will hang. When this happens my only option is to run db_recover. The problem happens when I have more than one of these: multiple writes in multiple threads. I am p...

X focus locking under fvwm (printer conflict?)
I've been using fvwm for 10 years, and haven't seen anything qutie like this. Focus is inappropriately locking. A *lot*. It's now even happening just with the initial xterm, xload, and xclock that get launched. This first started with mozilla, usually when I tried to move a window. The upper bar would highlight, and nothing else would respond for a few minutes. When this happens, windows cannot be moved, created, or destroyed, but if an xterm does has focus, the keyboard is usable. I can also use alt-control-f1 to get to a console. I suspect that this is an ...

OS 10.4.11 Locks up
I am using OS 10.4.11 on a G4, and when I am using MT-News-Watcher (Version 3.5.2) and Moxilla Firefox (Version 2.0.0.11), I can get a total lockup of the computer and I have to power down and re-power in order to clear it. (Everything freezes up. Everything.) I suspect something with MT-N/W and Firefox. Is this seen by others? Is there a solution aside from not multi-tasking? Any help? HR. Rowbotth <rowbotth@telusplanet.net> wrote: > I am using OS 10.4.11 on a G4, and when I am using MT-News-Watcher > (Version 3.5.2) and Moxilla Firefox (Version 2.0.0.11), I can get ...