Firebird Clarion c55pe and lock conflicts

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi All,
Long time no post!!
I have a situation with one of my clients where I "share" some firebird
data files with another app written in Delphi.
I am using the latest Firebird / Interbase ODBC driver v2.00.00.134 and
Firebird 1.53 engine.
I have defined some of the shared Firebird files in my dictionary (used
the import file option and selected odbc).
No I have NOT used any prop:sql calls not am I writing to thes shared
files. I am only reffering to these files and hence only need read only
access.
We have install the app and now the Delphi system is complaining of
lock conflicts.
Can anyone help with this?
We are becoming a little desperate...

Thanks,
Justin

0
Reply justin996 (5) 9/11/2006 11:29:54 PM

See related articles to this posting

On 11 Sep 2006 16:29:54 -0700, "Jovy" <justin@regionalit.com.au>
wrote:

>I have a situation with one of my clients where I "share" some firebird
>data files with another app written in Delphi.
>I am using the latest Firebird / Interbase ODBC driver v2.00.00.134 and
>Firebird 1.53 engine.

>We have install the app and now the Delphi system is complaining of
>lock conflicts.

Try using a different ODBC driver.... try the Gemini Interbase ODBC.
0
Reply sandrogsp (3) 9/11/2006 11:57:06 PM

> Try using a different ODBC driver.... try the Gemini Interbase ODBC.

Thanks sandro, I'll give it a try...

0
Reply justin996 (5) 9/12/2006 12:04:15 AM
comp.lang.clarion 5346 articles. 5 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

FIREBIRD AND CLARION
Hi. How to set autoincrement key in DCT using FIREBIRD ? Thank's in advance. Eduardo I guess no way to use autoinc. AS i know firebird have no autoincrement in FB used 'generators' to increment key. and i guess you are using firebird ODBC to access Db "patoruzu" <ecepero@cpcipc.org> wrote in message news:47a11adadac12e7b6a23292e29d46a7b@localhost.talkaboutprogramming.com... > Hi. > How to set autoincrement key in DCT using FIREBIRD ? > Thank's in advance. > Eduardo > ...

lock conflicting with another
what does it mean when one lock mode conflicts with another like is says in the documentation? can somebody explain and maybe give an example. thanx, amir ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your message can get through to the mailing list cleanly Amir Zicherman <amir.zicherman@gmail.com> writes: > what does it mean when one lock mode conflicts with another It means that a holder of the on...

File Locking Conflicts
We have developed a python class that can read data files created from another application. These target files are C-ISAM files used for accounting applications so the "primary" application may be reading and/or writing to portions of the files ("records") at the same time. The python class we developed opens the requested file in 'rb' mode, reads the file header (first 512k) and using information supplied in the file header (such as record length, etc), reads "records" from specific file locations. At no time does the python class do any writing of da...

Write conflict (Record locking)
Dear reader, In case I work with two Forms and using the same Table but with other fields in the Forms, I have the following experience. After I change in one of the two Forms a field I can't move to another record in the other form because of a record locking problem. How can I avoid the popup window witch telling me: "The record has been changed by another user since you started editing it". The setting under "Tools", "Advaced" under default records locking is "no locks" and "Open databases using record-level locking" is disabled. T...

Firebird + Zeos: locking + refreshing
Hello :-) Introduction: Delphi Multiuser application Database: Firebird DB Components: Zeos Questions: 1. How can I lock records? 2. How can I refresh DBGrids when any user made any changes? 3. Can I do these taks in a very smart way using Zeos components- if not how can I do it anyway? :-) Thank you very much :-) Jack On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:04:14 +0100, "Adamski" <jackfrompolandnews@op.pl> wrote: > Hello :-) > >Introduction: >Delphi Multiuser application >Database: Firebird >DB Components: Zeos This really belongs i...

Lock requests not available due to conflicts?
Okay, my db_stats, running BerkeleyDB 4.7.25, looks as follows (see below). There's one thing I don't understand, though. It says: "10 Lock requests not available due to conflicts," What does that mean, given that the 'Maximum number of lockers at any one time' has only been 76? (out of a possible 2500). Or is it just saying that it couldn't aquire a lock immediately? (like with flock on files). The environment itself looks otherwise sane enough to me. Thanks, - Mark 0x7fffffff Current maximum unused locker ID 5 Number of lock mode...

Cannot use a Clarion compiled DLL in Firebird
Hi All, I compiled a DLL using C6, its just a very simple program just displaying a message. I used another Clarion program to call this Dll, it works without any problem. Then, I tried to put this DLL into Firebird (1.5 or 2.13) as UDF: DECLARE EXTERNAL FUNCTION F_TESTFUNC RETURNS CSTRING(20) FREE_IT ENTRY_POINT ''TESTFUNC'' MODULE_NAME ''Test_Dll''' It excecutes successfully and the function is created. Then I called the function: SELECT F_TESTFUNC() FROM RDB$DATABASE However, it returns: Invalid token. invalid request BLR at offset 63. function GET...

lock conflicts, even when using transactions
I'm quite a newbie when it comes to using Berkeley DB. I am using BDB dbxml. I have an application that fetches data from an external source and writes that into dbxml. The data fetch takes a long time, so I start a new thread to do this. All writes into dbxml for that batch are then done in that same new thread. When I have a few batches running at the same time, after variable amounts of time, the application will hang. When this happens my only option is to run db_recover. The problem happens when I have more than one of these: multiple writes in multiple threads. I am p...

X focus locking under fvwm (printer conflict?)
I've been using fvwm for 10 years, and haven't seen anything qutie like this. Focus is inappropriately locking. A *lot*. It's now even happening just with the initial xterm, xload, and xclock that get launched. This first started with mozilla, usually when I tried to move a window. The upper bar would highlight, and nothing else would respond for a few minutes. When this happens, windows cannot be moved, created, or destroyed, but if an xterm does has focus, the keyboard is usable. I can also use alt-control-f1 to get to a console. I suspect that this is an ...

OS 10.4.11 Locks up
I am using OS 10.4.11 on a G4, and when I am using MT-News-Watcher (Version 3.5.2) and Moxilla Firefox (Version 2.0.0.11), I can get a total lockup of the computer and I have to power down and re-power in order to clear it. (Everything freezes up. Everything.) I suspect something with MT-N/W and Firefox. Is this seen by others? Is there a solution aside from not multi-tasking? Any help? HR. Rowbotth <rowbotth@telusplanet.net> wrote: > I am using OS 10.4.11 on a G4, and when I am using MT-News-Watcher > (Version 3.5.2) and Moxilla Firefox (Version 2.0.0.11), I can get ...

Rollforwardb E_DM1315_RFP_DB_BUSY Database is currently being used. Database lock conflict.
What would cause this to occur ? I don't see any out of the ordinary that would prevent this rollforwarddb from running> Wed Sep 6 09:58:34 2006 RFP: Preparing for database rollforward on : mbs Wed Sep 6 09:58:34 2006 E_DM1315_RFP_DB_BUSY Database is currently being used. Database lock conflict. JIMC wrote: > What would cause this to occur ? I don't see any out of the ordinary > that would prevent this rollforwarddb from running> > > > Wed Sep 6 09:58:34 2006 RFP: Preparing for database rollforward on : > mbs > Wed Sep 6 09:58:34 2...

Lock Up
My Eudora is locking up. I was doing fine earler today, but suddenly everything stopped working. when I got to one particular message, the message would not open and the cursor would not work on any other Eudora function. My task manager says "not responding". I've tried rebooting. Same result. Tried a full shut-down. Same result. Updated to the newest version. Same result. Is there a way to delete one particular email without opening the program? Thanks for any assistance. dg David Gomberg wrote: >My Eudora is locking up. > >I was doing fine e...

How do they work read lock, write lock, dead lock ?
Hello, I am writing to ask about locking mechanism. Somwhere in docs I found that a "deadlock" can bring application to crash. I built my application with multiple reader an multiple writer on the single database. In this case each reader open at least two cursor to read and does not close it until they close application. Each user may open one cursor at most to change record. My problem is to indentify when deadlock will occur ? Docs say two process accessing the same data each other cause circular deadlock. If some one could explain me some mechanism of lockin...

Locks, locks everywhere
Hi people, asking from help again, hope you all doing fine. In 1 of our [data] servers we average more than 1000 users, there are infor= mix 4gl applications, odbc and .net (sqli), the problem is there is some ap= plication's concurrency that cause a lot of locks, and you know better than= me once 1 start locking others too and soon you have a lot of users callin= g to the help desk... What i want is to detect (by sql to sysmaster, better) the user, process/pr= ogram, session, terminal wich started the locks (oldest locks held in time = ?) and the same info of the holders of m...

Lock-free Ringbuffer , lock-free flqueue , lock-free ParallelQueue and scalability
Hello, We have to be smart here, so please follow with me... My new scalability mathematical model says that: http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/scalability.htm [1] Speed(t,N,=DF,Sic,Soc) =3D 1 / (Sic * ((((=DF-1) * (=DF)) / 2 )/=DF) + (P /= N)) Sic: serial part inside the critical region(locked regions) Soc: serial part outside the critical region P: parallel part n: number of threads (or processes) N: number of cores C: contention factor in percentage, C =3D average number of contended threads / n and =DF =3D C * n And of course n (number of threads or processes) must be &...

[...]

Caps Lock and Num Lock
Hi, i want add status of caps/num lock on status bar of my application, pleas help ivica ikonjevic wrote: > Hi, > > i want add status of caps/num lock on status bar > of my application, > > pleas help > > ivica Hi, api GetKeyState() will do this for you. Pasting in some code below (will wrap I guess). HTH, Simon PROGRAM VK_CAPITAL EQUATE(20) VK_NUMLOCK EQUATE(144) VK_SCROLL EQUATE(145) MAP MODULE('User32') GetKeyState(LONG nVirtKey),LONG,PASCAL,RAW END END CODE IF GetKeyState(VK_CAPITAL) ...

clarion 22 and clarion 55
i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 i have message link error. to many files -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr http://forums.club-internet.fr/ I am really flushing now. There was really no problems. I had missed the 4.1 patch (also from april) So now Im smiling again! "youcef" <ydjira@caramail.com> skrev i melding news:20031111-9206-522759@foorum.com... > > i have a applicatio...

lock conversion U-Locks
hi, i am writing a thesis on the concurrency control in db2 udb and oracle. I found in the documentary of db2, that a resource holding a (U)pdate-Lock can still be requested by a read-lock (e.g. S). If the U-Lock wants to convert to a write-lock, does the transaction have to wait for the transaction with the S-lock to finish ? Can it starve ? Is this the symmetric RUX-Protocoll ? Questions, so many questions ... Thx. Christoph Zeltner Yes, U lock is compatible with S lock. Because U lock will be promoted to X lock, instead of asking for S and X lock separately to search ...

Anderson Lock and Ticket Lock
Hello again, I have thought all the day about the Anderson array based Lock and the Ticket Spinlock, they both have a weakness and you have to be smart to understand this weakness, cause when i have benchmarked the Anderson Lock i have discovered that it doesn't scale if the number of threads are greater than the number of cores and the answer is simple , it is due to the context switches that are expensive , the context switched will slow a lot the Lock and they will make it none scalable, for the Spinlock with exponential backoff if a thread leaves the locked region the f...

Anderson Lock and Ticket Lock
Hello again, I have thought all the day about the Anderson array based Lock and the Ticket Spinlock, they both have a weakness and you have to be smart to understand this weakness, cause when i have benchmarked the Anderson Lock i have discovered that it doesn't scale if the number of threads are greater than the number of cores and the answer is simple , it is due to the context switches that are expensive , the context switched will slow a lot the Lock and they will make it none scalable, for the Spinlock with exponential backoff if a thread leaves the locked region the fir...

Lock table is out of available locks
Hi, i was trying to write to the database. when i entered with about 100000 entries in the same transaction i got an error as shown below> Lock table is out of available locks DB_TXN->abort: Log undo failed for LSN: 3 5397084: No such file or directory PANIC: No such file or directory Unable to abort transaction 0x80000006: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery PANIC: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery Error: closing the transaction region with active transactions Exception during database close: I have tried to increase the number of max lock...

lock stat (difference in locks)
Hi, There appears to be a problem in the lock statistics in the CDB version. In the lock statistics, the Current Number of Locks should be equal to the difference between the Number of Lock Requests and Number of Lock Releases. However, in the CDB version, this 'equation' does not hold true - there is a 'balance' value which keeps on increasing. To reproduce this error, open a database and save the lock statistics. Create a cursor with a WRITE AHEAD lock, read and update a record and close the cursor. Obtain lock statistics again. The Current Number of Lo...