Firebird Clarion c55pe and lock conflicts

Hi All,
Long time no post!!
I have a situation with one of my clients where I "share" some firebird
data files with another app written in Delphi.
I am using the latest Firebird / Interbase ODBC driver v2.00.00.134 and
Firebird 1.53 engine.
I have defined some of the shared Firebird files in my dictionary (used
the import file option and selected odbc).
No I have NOT used any prop:sql calls not am I writing to thes shared
files. I am only reffering to these files and hence only need read only
access.
We have install the app and now the Delphi system is complaining of
lock conflicts.
Can anyone help with this?
We are becoming a little desperate...

Thanks,
Justin

0
justin996 (5)

On 11 Sep 2006 16:29:54 -0700, "Jovy" <justin@regionalit.com.au>
wrote:

>I have a situation with one of my clients where I "share" some firebird
>data files with another app written in Delphi.
>I am using the latest Firebird / Interbase ODBC driver v2.00.00.134 and
>Firebird 1.53 engine.

>We have install the app and now the Delphi system is complaining of
>lock conflicts.

Try using a different ODBC driver.... try the Gemini Interbase ODBC.
0
sandrogsp (3)
9/11/2006 11:57:06 PM
> Try using a different ODBC driver.... try the Gemini Interbase ODBC.

Thanks sandro, I'll give it a try...

0
justin996 (5)

font-lock on terminals
Hi, I'm currently trying again to make the move from emacs to xemacs. However I stumbled over problems regarding coloring in a terminal (like xterm) or a tty. I changed my .emacs to contain the following lines of code: (if (fboundp 'global-font-lock-mode) (global-font-lock-mode t) ;; turn on fontlock for emacs (setq font-lock-auto-fontify t)) ;; and for xemacs (setq-default font-lock-use-default-fonts t font-lock-use-default-colors t font-lock-maximum-decoration t font-lock-maximum-size 524000) (require 'font-loc...

Trying work with adordd + firebird
Hi! #include "adordd.ch" REQUEST ADORDD function Main() DbCreate( "sci.fdb; estoque; FIREBIRD; 127.0.0.1; sysdba; masterkey;",; { { "FIRST", "C", 10, 0 },; { "LAST", "C", 10, 0 },; { "AGE", "N", 8, 0 } }, "ADORDD" ) return Error ADORDD/1004 Create error (Operation not supported) sci... Firebird services run ok. Maybe not exist ado_creat() conect/create table firebird. I look MySQL,.db,.x...

Delphi Conversion Accessing a DLL using CLARION
Hi all, Help !! Help !!! I am trying to use a 3rd party DLL, the 3rd party has provided sample code for Delphi V7. In Delphi the following is defined. type PstPollRecord=^TstPollRecord; TstPollRecord=record iClassCode:Integer; //Class Code iIllegalCode:Integer; //Illegal Code cDateTime:array[0..19] of Char; //Date Time cCard:array[0..19] of Char; //Card Number cDeviceID:array[0..9] of Char; //Device ID end; //Send Polling To HTA function htaPolling(hComm:THandle;iNodeID,iPrevRecord:Integer;s...

FIREBIRD AND CLARION
Hi. How to set autoincrement key in DCT using FIREBIRD ? Thank's in advance. Eduardo I guess no way to use autoinc. AS i know firebird have no autoincrement in FB used 'generators' to increment key. and i guess you are using firebird ODBC to access Db "patoruzu" <ecepero@cpcipc.org> wrote in message news:47a11adadac12e7b6a23292e29d46a7b@localhost.talkaboutprogramming.com... > Hi. > How to set autoincrement key in DCT using FIREBIRD ? > Thank's in advance. > Eduardo > ...

Clarion 4 & Quick Start
Just getting back to a small program. Have a dictionary set up and want to start a new app. File - New - Application (Type Name and Hit Save) There should be a box to check or uncheck to use Quick Start. The check box is not there and Quick Start starts. I do not want this. How do I avoid it? Brian Hi Brian File - New - Application (Type Name) Uncheck 'Use Quick Start' - just below the line: 'Save as type' Hit Save Enjoy. Regards Odd Johannesen Granli 23 NO-4550 FARSUND NORWAY E-mail: odd@toalango.com > Just getting back to a small program. Have a dictionary set...

Unable to connect : Crystal reports from clarion
Hi I get this error Unable to connect:Incorrect logon parameters when printing a crystal report from clarion. It doesnt happen on all the reports, and those it does happen on doest occur on all datasets. Im using clarion 6.3 and crystal reports 2008 Please Help. Hi, For the database logon support with Crystal Reports check our Crystal Clear Class http://klarisoft.com/KSNews_84.htm Leonid Chudakov chudakov@klarisoft.com On Jul 23, 6:04=A0pm, Fanie23 <apo...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > I get this error Unable to connect:Incorrect logon parameters when > printing a crysta...

[News] Red Hat's CEO on Lock-in Awareness, Rise of Free Software

firebird
Do you guys use the firebird dbms ? http://firebird.sourceforge.net/ ...

Locking around
Hello, I need to synchronize the access to a couple of hundred-thousand files[1]. It seems to me that creating one lock object for each of the files is a waste of resources, but I cannot use a global lock for all of them either (since the locked operations go over the network, this would make the whole application essentially single-threaded even though most operations act on different files). My idea is therefore to create and destroy per-file locks "on-demand" and to protect the creation and destruction by a global lock (self.global_lock). For that, I add a "usage counter&qu...

Thunderbird/Firebird/RH
My current config: Firebird for web Thunderbird for news and mail In article <HGmHb.21435$Pg1.18787@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>, John Bailo wrote: > My current config: > > Firebird for web > > Thunderbird for news and mail > Firebird. Very good browser. Unfortuntly no good to me, as I have to use on my home PC Citrix metaframe client for linux, that *only* works with full blown official Netscape. Unless anyone knows different? -- Mark Registered Linux User #329755 - http://counter.li.org If you must email me then address to : uk.co.demon.mwgary.nosp...

Questions about Clarion
I been reading this newsgroup for several days and have several questions about Clarion. I am looking to move an existing Clipper Point of Sale application to Windows. I have been fighting in for years and now must commit to getting the job started. I would like to move the application to windows in two parts using the existing DBF/CDX databases. Moving it in two parts means that I need to read and write to the CDX indexes from both Clarion and Clipper. Eventually moving to an SQL client/server at a later date. I assume from the newsgroup that Clarion supports CDX indexes. Is this avail...

Using lock-free PCOW (Partial Copy On Write)
This is a rough draft of a write up on how to do lock-free PCOW so it goes without saying that it needs a little more work. For instance I need to write go into semantics a little more. ----------------------------------------------- Lock-free PCOW (Partial Copy On Write) -- While the rules are fairly well understood for lock-free programming using COW (Copy On Write), the rules for lock- free programming using PCOW (Partial Copy On Write) the rules are not so well understood. For COW, the writer threads 1) make a new copy of the object, 2) atomically change with release s...

Locking issue
Hi! Let's say that I have a table TABLE1 in schema A and in SCHEMA B. I have a stored procedure that does a select from A.TABLE1 and inserts rows from that select in B.TABLE1. When the procedure is running and I do a SELECT * FROM A.TABLE1 then this statement get's locked. Why? Any pointers to the docs I should read ? :) Best regards, Kovi -- -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~ | Gregor Kovac | Gregor.Kovac@mikropis.si | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | In A World Without Fences Who Needs Gates? | | Experience Linux....

DBConvert for Firebird and MS SQL 1.0.0
DBConvert for Firebird and MS SQL is a database migration tool which performs two-way conversion from Firebird databases to MS SQL server and from MS SQL to Firebird. The tool is also applicable for MS SQL database migration to another MS SQL database and is quite adept at copying a Firebird database to another Firebird database. It handles conversion of InterBase databases too. DBConvert for Firebird and MS SQL provides the bulk of functional capabilities such as interactive (GUI) mode/command line mode, saving data into a MS SQL Dump for further export to MS SQL database, task pla...

SLA 1500-euro fine because of CREATE MVIEW locks...
Hi, Ten days ago I asked what goes on when you create a mat. view (*even* without building it) and why so many locks suddenly appear THAT DON'T LOOK RELATED to your mview creation, yet are systematic, and why it makes so many sessions hang. All answers I got was stuff kind of "you'd better go to 10g" - which was not really helpful (and no worries: migrations's planned this year -anyway can you swear that heavy create mview-related locks have gone off in 10g ??-). My boss just told me the customers required our company to pay them a =801500 fine because of the 10-minute do...

locking patterns
I am thinking about how to use locks efficiently. One example. Say I have some I/O threads and some computational threads a mutex and a queue. The I/O threads receive I/O, do some simple parsing and send result over to the computational thread pool for further processing. I was wondering if setting up the I/O threads like this would be beneficial: io_work_batch_queue g_queue; mutex g_mutex; cond g_cond; void io_thread() { for (;;) { io_work_batch workb; io_wait_for_data(workb); workb.simple_parsing(); while (! g_mutex.try...

COBOL locking error

Appleworks and "Show Fonts" conflict
When "Show Fonts in Menu" is checked, Appleworks immediately crashes. Any cure for this? (FontDoctor says all fonts are OK) Thanks. G4, 10.3.3, Appleworks 6.2.9 ...

distributed lock-free slab-allocator pseudo-code...
A per-thread memory pool /w simple lock-free LIFO can be used for a slab-allocator. Blocks of memory are allowed to be allocated in one thread and freed in another thread. A LIFO single-linked list allows a thread to efficiently pass the block back to the thread that allocated it. A simple reference count is used to keep track of how many allocations a thread has made: <pseudo-code> struct block_t { struct block_t *next; struct per_thread_t *thread; }; /* no aba counting needed */ struct block_anchor_t { block_t *front; }; struct per_thread_t {...

Postgres SQL and Clarion
Is there a direct driver for postgres sql, or must an odbc driver be used ? ...

Atomic lock/semaphore
Hi all Does anyone know how to create an atomic lock or semaphore which doesn't block? I.e. when you ask for the lock you either get it or not. The reason I ask is that I want to make a callback interruptible, but for it to ignore all the interrupting calls. Note - I know how to do this in a non-atomic way: persistent locked if locked, return; end locked = true; % Callback code here locked = false; return Thanks, Oliver "Oliver Woodford" wrote: > Hi all > > Does anyone know how to create an atomic lock or semaphore which doesn't block? I.e. when you ask for th...

changing a default in Firebird
Almost always when going to a web site I deny the request to leave a cookie. The default on the request window is to allow, making for extra keystrokes to deny permission. Is there a way to change that default so that it becomes 'Deny' instead of 'Allow'? Thanks. - Dushan Mitrovich On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 02:08:33 -0700, Dushan Mitrovich wrote: >Almost always when going to a web site I deny the request to leave a >cookie. The default on the request window is to allow, making for extra >keystrokes to deny permission. Is there a way to change that default so >tha...

Detect Locked Machine?
Is there a handy way to detect whether a machine is locked- as in the screen saver has timed out and a password is required to get back to the desktop? Thanks Ken Webster ...

difference b/w spin locks n seq lock
hi all, I wish to know the difference b/w seq locks that are introduced in v 2.6 and spin loks. I need to port a driver code from 2.4 to 2.6 and hence wish to replace spinlocks by seq locks if it could be done to improve performance. thnks, shiva shiva wrote: > hi all, > > I wish to know the difference b/w seq locks that are introduced in v > 2.6 and spin loks. I need to port a driver code from 2.4 to 2.6 and > hence wish to replace spinlocks by seq locks if it could be done to > improve performance. This might help you: http://lwn.net/Articles...

Where are Mozilla Firebird's bookmarks?
I just downloaded Mozilla Firebird and I love it, but I want to know where it stores its bookmarks (so I can back them up). Unfortunately I can't find them. Where does Firebird store its bookmarks? -- "No urban night is like the night [in NYC]...here is our poetry, for we have pulled down the stars to our will." - Ezra Pound, poet and critic, 9/18/1912, reflecting on New York City In article <010220041451062946%no@spam.invalid>, Keeper of the Purple Twilight <no@spam.invalid> wrote: > I just downloaded Mozilla Firebird and I love it, but I want to know > ...