Help needed for Clarion for Windows 3

Hello,

Years ago I wrote an application in Clarion for Windows 3.
I want to include a variable in the caption of a window but I can't find how
to do this in the help files.

Can this be done and what would the correct syntax be ?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

0
hugo.cox (1)

Try window_name{prop:text} = 'Your text'

Harry

Hugo COX wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Years ago I wrote an application in Clarion for Windows 3.
> I want to include a variable in the caption of a window but I can't find how
> to do this in the help files.
>
> Can this be done and what would the correct syntax be ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Kind regards,

Clarion 3.0 network help needed
We have a DOS app created in Clarion 3.0 we are running under an ethernet network. Our server and most of the PCs are WIN 98SE. I have a PC with WIN2000 also accessing the server datafiles. I am getting recently a lot of drive reading errors on the PCs on the network. They come at strange times; for example, when someone is saving a record, when another user just enters data into a variable for a sub-search on a datafile, and it's always a problem opening up a file, a different one each time, when the error comes. On my WIN2000 machine, I recieved a general protection error, when I look at XTRACE.txt, I see CS:IP segment errors and under the call chain section, it lists 7 segments, the number of which corresponds to the number of orphan $$$ files on the server folder. It seems as though the $$$ files are somehow responsible for way to rid ourselves of the $$$ orphans is to do a reboot of the system, because you cannot delete these - it seems that the server has put a hold on these files, or thinks that they are still being used, when they're not. When we reboot and delete these files, we're OK for a while. If anyone has any insight as to what may be happening, or if our WIN2000 PC may be affecting this problem, seeing as it is a relatively new addition to our existing network of WIN98 SE PCs, I'd like to hear about it. Also, we've made a few changes to the app and added a few things- it is possible that the code may be responsible for some of it. Any ...

Clarion DOS to Clarion Windows Conversion
Hi Newsmembers - What problems have you encountered when converting from a DOS-based Clarion project to Clarion for Windows. I'll be using Clarion version 5.5, and upgrading to 6.0 in the near future. Thankyou, - Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 A fully rewrite is generally required. If you have a bunch of logic code (formulas and such), then you can convert that source without too much effort. Everything else (especially the windows interface and file access code) will require a significant rethinking and almost total redevelopment. Sorry for the bad news. -=> Mike Hanson <=- On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 22:06:40 GMT, Kevin Willis <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote: >Hi Newsmembers - > >What problems have you encountered when >converting from a DOS-based Clarion >project to Clarion for Windows. > >I'll be using Clarion version 5.5, >and upgrading to 6.0 in the near future. > >Thankyou, > >- Kevin Willis >klwillis.dsl@verizon.net >ICQ:32805500 > > > > dont do it ! and if you have the chance to look out into the future. think about looking at tools that can generate .NET apps say VB . NET. Or tools that code charge. Since clarion is a product that is not language indepandent think about a tool set that cater for more then one language and doesnt use a meta modelling system such as txa's. so before leaping into clarion for windows which is really a product designed ...

need Clarion Programmer (work for Clarion software developer)
Hello, we need a Clarion programmer to do soem work in Clarion program (need to fix soem problems in Calrion software). Please e-mail: nick@primedebtsoft.com ...

Clarion 6 help needed
I have been given a task of upgrading a software application that has been coded using Clarion version 6. It is a small to medium size package that consists of some thirty or so forms. The software suffers from speed issues and design problems. The data is stored in TPS files. Some new purchasing facilities need implementing and the customer wants to migrate to using Microsoft SQL Server. Being from a Visual Basic background I am struggling to get to grips with the concepts of using Clarion. I open a file type .app which seems to be equivalent to a Visual Basic Project. Inside seems to be a treelist containing all the form some of which appear multiple times. What I need to determine is if it's worth sticking with Clarion or rewriting the entire thing using VB or even C#. 1. Some column names are horrific and need refactoring. How does one do a simple search and replace? 2. What is the Clarion equivalent to an ADODB Recordset? 3. How do I copy a control from one form to another? 4. Where can I see the available events for a control? Thanks in advance, John John, IMO, Clarion 6 is better but there is a fairly steep learning curve. The reason for this is Clarion has 3 levels: the Clarion language, the Clarion Application generator, and the Clarion Template language. Learning the Clarion language would be equivalent to learning Visual Basic. To create a program with just the language, you would create a project (.prj). ...

Clarion DD ver. 3.0 and Clarion PD 2110
I happen to have the 10 original discs for this program. Any one interested? ...

Help Needed
Is anyone out there using Clarion to insert invoices into MYOB accounts using MYOB ODBC v5 I can import Customers, but not invoices. Any help at this point is would be appreciated. Sean Hennessy ...

Need help working out if a DB is clarion??
Guys, I have been informed that my site runs a Clarion DB. Here is a copy of the files http://203.8.189.31/ota_products/site_files/ Can someone confirm they are Clarion? If so, I am looking at populating MS access DB from the files, how is this done? Thanks for any help provided. first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed files and if you want toconvert it from topspeed to access you have to use odbc to convert ikrami2000@hotmail.com Thanks karim, So they are Clarion? Where do I get odbc from? Thanks karim wrote: > first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed > files and if you want toconvert it from topspeed to access you have to > use odbc to convert > > > ikrami2000@hotmail.com send me your email adamm@ota.com.au wrote: > Thanks karim, > > So they are Clarion? Where do I get odbc from? > > Thanks > karim wrote: > > first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed > > files and if you want toconvert it from topspeed to access you have to > > use odbc to convert > > > > > > ikrami2000@hotmail.com i got your email karim wrote: > send me your email > adamm@ota.com.au wrote: > > Thanks karim, > > > > So they are Clarion? Where do I get odbc from? > > > > Thanks > > karim wrote: > > > first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed > >...

Clarion 7 - Clarion 6.3
Hopefully, most of those that read these newsgroups have already received special emails or phone calls concerning the SoftVelocity Summer Update specials, but my company is running a special C7 blog about it for general details at: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?p=69 or Clarion 7 Blogs http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?cat=3 The SoftVelocity Summer Special is all about special pricing for the CSP - Core Subscription Program. The specific details for your pricing must be obtained from SoftVelocity or an authorized distributor. Special update pricing is for a limited time! This might be a reminder for some to send SoftVelocity an updated email address for contact. David -- From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange Online http://encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/ http://www.encouragersoftware.com/ ...

Clarion Professional 5.5 & Clarion for DOS 3.102
Hi, I have licensed copies of Clarion Professional Edition 5.5 and Clarion for DOS 3.102 and would like to sell them. But I have no idea what they are worth nor where to sell them. I've thought about eBay but I don't think I'll get much for them there. Any ideas on price and where to sell them? Thanks Mark markstubbins@comcast.net ...

Need Clarion help/training in McKinney TX
I have an application that needs a little work. View www.verifycharges.com to see examples of it's screens and functionality. It was created for me by Jesus Moreno, founder of Gitano Software, who did an excellent job, but is too far from here, and much too busy, I imagine, to give me a little personal instruction. I have an old version of Clarion - version 5.5, the one used to create this application. I'd like to be able to do my own maintenance, but tried and failed to learn Clarion. I even took their one week training course a few years ago. They acknowledged that the instructor was an abysmal failure, and offered another free class, but the cost and time of travel to Florida a 2nd time dissuaded me. I've been a programmer since 1963, using many languages, from Autocoder and 8086 and other assembly languages thru COBOL, Business Basic, and a few other compiled languages. View www.PCHPlano.com to get an idea of my current abilities. I should be able to come up to speed quickly. I am looking for someone near McKinney TX who is able to provide a few hours of person to person help at a reasonable price per hour. Use appointments@PCHplano.com to contact me. TIA, Paul ...

Porting Clarion 6.3 Build 9059 to Clarion 8.0.0 Build 8498
Hi All Sorry for Cross Posting from SVClarion.clarion8 NG Bit this is a bit urgent. Just a couple of Question on the Migration. If Clarion 8 Build 8498 Does not like INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',SCREEN) It keeps on changing to: INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',) With the Error = No matching prototype available On Migration, what should I use ? And also does not like SELF.OkControl = ?Ok It keeps on changing to: SELF.OkControl = With the Error = Expected <operand> (+- CHOOSE What should I use ? I have gone through the help on Migration, but cannot see anything relevant to my Migration Problems. Thanks in advance Peter Hi all It was #SEQ(3) which is new in Clarion 8 Just removed them from the Window code And it was OK. Regards Peter "Peter" <NOSPAMvirtualsoftware@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:4e163ddd$0$32573$c30e37c6@pit-reader.telstra.net... > Hi All > Sorry for Cross Posting from SVClarion.clarion8 NG > Bit this is a bit urgent. > > Just a couple of Question on the Migration. > > If Clarion 8 Build 8498 > Does not like > INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',SCREEN) > It keeps on changing to: > INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',) > With the Error = No matching prototype available > On Migration, what should I use ? > > And also does not like > SELF.OkControl = ?Ok > It keeps on changing to: > SELF.OkControl = With the E...

Clarion 6.3 build 9056 and Windows 98
Hi All, Please help! I have only recently updated my system from 6.1 to 6.3 build 9056. Ever since the upgrade users that are still using Windows 98 are have intermitant problems printing. The symptoms are the system either locks up or they get tiny text on the print. A clue may be that most of the prints are skipping the previewer and flushing straight to the printer. I also assign a specific printer using {propprint:devicename}. Anyone have any ideas? We dont experience this problem with Win XP. TIA Justin ...

Need help in Sending an Email using clarion 6
I have managed to get a form up that used a Send button to send a email. I now need to send a email automatically on certain events. I have a timer event that i can add code to send the email. It can call a procedure but I still then need to click the Send Button How can I send a email just using code and NO buttons Thanks in advance Peter the easyest thing I can think of is to POST and event of accepted on the button (make the button invisible if you like. POST(EVENT:Accepted, ?ButtonSend) That Should do the trick ...

calling all clarion experts...badly need your assistance #3
hello everybody, im new to clarion and still having a hard time chewing it. i got this simple problem hopefully you can give me a very good input on this. i got 2 files .tps and .dos. i read from the group that it's something like a binary, read-only ...etc. i tried to rename this to .txt, when opened i see few first series of chars to be meaningful and the rest are garbage chars. tried to opened it in clarion using basic driver, still got the same result. i renamed it to .tps and i got error when tried to open it. i tried file - import and choose dos driver but i got this error 'file driver does not support file import' i run out of options.what should be done to extract the data? looking forward for your swift input.thanks. You will get a lot more help if you go to the SoftVelocity server: news.softvelocity.com Rocky <soft_devjava@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1130302749.138502.118460@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hello everybody, > > im new to clarion and still having a hard time chewing it. i got this > simple problem hopefully you can give me a very good input on this. > > > i got 2 files .tps and .dos. i read from the group that it's something > like a binary, read-only ...etc. i tried to rename this to .txt, when > opened i see few first series of chars to be meaningful and the rest > are garbage chars. > > > tried to opened it in clarion using basic driver, still got the same > r...

Converting my existing clarion 3.1 dos application to windows
Hi, I have developed a complete business accounting software in clarion 3.1 for dos. Now I want to convert it into windows platform. Can you suggest me any tool which will help me to convert this whole application into windows. In case if it is not possible, can you suggest me the fastest & most economical solution to do this whole conversion. If you have a solution for this, pls. let me know immediately. Also let me know about the pricing of the same. Regards Kaushal Kaushal, It's been a while, but, I think the first version(s) of Clarion for Windows provided a fairly straight-forward conversion path (DOS to Windoze). Once you get it to CW 1.x level you will probably want to move it to ABC, which may be quite a chore. Good luck, and let me know how it goes, as we are in the City/County Cost, Fund and Project Accounting arena. Always looking for options for our clients. Rich Knoch www.compulink-ltd.com Rich: If you are going to convert you application do it correctly. Do not use the Clarion DAT files and do not use Clarion TPS files. They both tend to have major problems running under windows. This may not be true with the new IP driver you can use it with any file driver under CW 6.1, but I do not know. If it was me I would either use a SQL database like MsSql, SQLAnywhere or someother flavor of SQL. Or if you didn't want to use SQL use Btrieve by Pervasive. Btrieve is a lot like the Clarion DAT and TPS files accept it is MUCH more dependa...

clarion and help
i use clarion 55 how can create help file thank you youcef -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr http://forums.club-internet.fr/ youcef, Why don't you have a look at ezHelp: http://www.capesoft.com/accessories/ezhelpsp.htm -- Geoff (at Capesoft) PS - All viewpoints regarding Capesoft products are as unbiased as possible - but there are no guarantees <g>. Tel: +27 21 715 4000 Fax: +27 21 715 2535 www.capesoft.com "youcef" <djiryoucef@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:20031030-115222-846853@foorum.com... > > > > i use clarion 55 > how can create help file > > thank you > > youcef > -- > Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr > This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr > > http://forums.club-internet.fr/ I've used EzHelp for several years. It does the job very well. "Geoff Thomson" <geoff@capesoft.com> wrote in message news:A921.1067521523.1730@discuss.softvelocity.com... > youcef, > > Why don't you have a look at ezHelp: Hi, I use Help & Manual. Fantastic. Generate, with a single project: HTML help, win help, Multimedia Help, DOC, PDF and have a excellent screen capture. Nelson Carvalho Brasil youcef escreveu: > i use clarion 55 > how can create help file > > thank you > >...

Need help with help need
Friends and wormbots: I am looking for some intrepid souls to try out and comment on a perl script I wrote. (What, perl in SAS-L and it's not David Cassell ?) The script takes the SAS help files apart and does some analysis (orphans, linkrot and duplicates) and inserts back links. What do back links do ? It ensures every page in the help system has a link to every page that links to it. (Actually only the the subset of the help system represented by the modules you choose to play with [there are over 140 help modules]) 1,000 lines of perl that sprouted out of a two line seed (or should...

clarion 22 and clarion 55
i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 i have message link error. to many files -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr http://forums.club-internet.fr/ I am really flushing now. There was really no problems. I had missed the 4.1 patch (also from april) So now Im smiling again! "youcef" <ydjira@caramail.com> skrev i melding news:20031111-9206-522759@foorum.com... > > i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 > when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 > > i have message > link error. to many files > -- > Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr > This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr > > http://forums.club-internet.fr/ ...

How to run application made with Clarion for dos 3.102 on Windows XP?
Thx ...

Help: windows 2000 and joystick need help
Hello guys, I have a SoudBlaster Live 5.1 correctly configured under windows 2000 professional service pack 3. I have a analog joystick connected to the gameport of the sound card. The joystick is a simple, generic, un-branded, 2 axis with 2 buttons. I open the control panel, joystick and I choose 2 axis - 2 buttons joystick. Windows asks me the driver for this input device. Strange that windows ME doesn't ask for the driver: it accepts the periferal and all works. With the joystick there wasn't a disk with the driver... so.. my problem is.. which driver I have to give to windows 200...

Re: Please Help Me Guys! Need lang..it will be a pleasure and i'd be ve #3
From: "Roedy Green" <roedy.green@1:261/38.remove-qhs-this> From: "Roedy Green" <roedy.green@1:261/38.remove-p82-this> From: Roedy Green <see_website@mindprod.com.invalid> On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 18:09:34 GMT, "Kevin Espardinez" <kevin.espardinez@1:261/38.remove-s5i-this> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : >. Your task is to extend the TaxiMeter MY task? No that is YOUR task. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/homework.html -- Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products http://mindprod.com The greatest shortcoming...

I need help installing pypng in Python 3.3
Hello all, I am very new to python. I am currently porting a little project of mine fr= om java to python and I need to be able to construct and write png images. = I naturally turned myself toward pypng to accomplish this. I learned from the net that pypng 0.0.13 is supposed to work in Python 3.x = when run through '2to3'. However, in my case, it apparently does not.=20 I ran into various problems when trying to install it, some of them I could= fix myself. First I attempted to install pip but I couldn't get Windows to= recognize pip as an internal command as the prompt informs me. Then I tried to directly run "setup.py install" from the pypng folder. It d= idn't work as I got a syntax error. I noticed that in the beginning of the = installation process, the following warning was displayed: "conf[use_2to3 = =3D true] unrecognized configuration option" At that point I was already pretty pissed but I managed to make the warning= disappear by updating (installing?) distribute. After that there are no mo= re errors during the installation process and everything seems to work fine= .. (This seems still strange to me as 2to3 was present in Tools/Script out o= f the box) I use pydev in Eclipse and pydev reports several error in png.py anytime I = want to import or use it. When trying to import from IDLE I get: except ValueError, e: ^ Syntax error, line 1863 that paricular error I was able...

I have a windows me laptop and I need to install windows 95. help please!
Hello, I have a running windows me laptop that I am testing with and need to be able to install 95. Is there a way I can do this? Yes, you can erase the disk (fdisk), and then do a clean install of 95. I'm pretty sure that would be the best way. Keep in mind that you are going backwards in operating systems, so you will loose data. I hope this helps. Peace!!! ...

HELP: need to customize the size of the window.open window for different links
Hi - thanks for reading this out there! I'll be quick about it: I've got this row of images (in the end there will be more rows of pics as well). When a user clicks on the image, I want a new window to open with a larger version of the image. I want that new window to be customized to the size of the new larger image. Also, when users go back to see other images in their larger size, I want the new window (assuming they never closed the first one) to come back to the front. I've only gotten as far as getting the larger images to open in a new window at a set size in the functi...

Web resources about - Help needed for Clarion for Windows 3 - comp.lang.clarion

Clarion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Clarion, Illinois , U.S. Clarion, Iowa , U.S. Clarion, Pennsylvania , U.S. Clarion, Utah , U.S., a ghost town settled as a Jewish farming colony ...

The Clarion-Ledger - Jackson, MS news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving ...
Jackson, MS Mississippi News - clarionledger.com is the home page of Jackson, MS Mississippi with in depth and updated Jackson, MS local news. ...

Captain Clarion (@citizensrock) on Twitter

The Clarion-Ledger Print Edition on the App Store on iTunes
Get The Clarion-Ledger Print Edition on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Banksy in SF on Clarion Alley - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... photos on Flickr. atlasrising has uploaded 128 photos to Flickr. hey there - great capture, i LOVE this piece. but... it was not on clarion ...

RMI President Address to the World: "A clarion call from the climate change frontline" - YouTube
As world leaders prepare to gather in New York for the UN Secretary-General’s Climate Summit, the President of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, ...

State of Origin: Blues' clarion call pivotal in getting Trent Hodkinson over the line
A simple "Blues" call was all it took for Trent Hodkinson to end Queensland's State of Origin dominance. The laconic halfback, who has gained ...

Clarion call for teenagers is to violence not religion, says terrorism expert
Violence is being sold to the young as an empowering and self-satisfying blow against the West.

Review: Incipio’s new Clarion, Faraday & Tuxen folio cases offer three small twists on iPad Air 2 protection ...
... to plastic iPad holders, varying more in the particulars than the broad strokes. We’re taking a quick look today at three cases: Clarion ($35), ...

Hands-on with the Clarion AX1 car stereo with SwiftKey
The Clarion AX1, a new car stereo running Android, has the SwiftKey keyboard built in. We take it for a spin at CES.