Highlight text and Text Box Control

C5.0b PE legacy

Hello!

I have one invoice application with the text area for variable
customer announcement.  It is now filled and printed using
the standard Arial characters.

Is there any easy and cheap method to highlight these
messages?    (Compare "Word text")

TIA
Riku Maki

0
Riku

I have a Text control string box with some initial text. I...
I have a Text control string box with some initial text. I would like to highlight old text with click of mouse and type in new data from keyboard I have a text control string box with some initial text (says: Please enter Name). I would like the operator to click on the text control box and have it automatically highlight so that when new data is typed in the old erases (all at once) and the new data is now in the text box. I tried using the "Text.Selection" property node and when I run it and put the mouse inside the text box the initial text is highlighted and if I press "de...

Finding and Highlighting specific text in a long text box
Hello, My client has a long text field where she enters resume information. She does a find in this text box to find specific information, such as which potential employees have a certain skill set. After she performs the find, I would like the text box to display the occurances of the search word or term, in a color if possible or at least underlined so she can easily read it in context to see what the actual employee experience/qualifications are. Thank you for any assistance on this. Kathy McClure In article <ee6c150ida@enews3.newsguy.com>, Kathy McClure <gr8lady@cruz...

Re: How can labview update the string control (text-edit box) after we have pressed the carriage return key on the keyboard during text-editing within that box?
Hello Alberto, &nbsp; I have trouble to edit an exited text file and save it after the content changed. Can you please&nbsp;help me out? &nbsp; Thanks, Jason&nbsp; ...

text-text

text + text

Word XP: highlighting text, suddenly text below it turns into strange font boxes
Is this a Word XP behavior or a virus situation? The font boxes aren't a strange font language. It created the boxes on its own. First ... what application that you are using? It DOES make a difference. Second ... this sounds like a video driver issue, particularly if you are using Micro$loth Pub$lasher ... have you checked the video adopter manufacturer's web site and updated to the most current driver for Windows XP? "John" <john_y7@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a9e942a5.0307091449.7a8db89d@posting.google.com... > Is this a Word XP behavior or a virus situation? The font boxes aren't > a strange font language. It created the boxes on its own. Possibly a font substitution problem. I font is being requested which is not installed so another font is being used for the display. Alas, the substituted font does not have the glyphs being requested so you are getting the "sorry-no can do" box. Other problems can produce the result. A fairly frequent one is a corrupt or non-matching printer driver. RDS99 mentions that one. Give us a few more details and someone might be able to give better suggestions. In the meantime, check to be sure a good copy the font(s) being used is/are installed on the system. Try removing and reinstalling a fresh copy of the printer driver. "John" <john_y7@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a9e942a5.0307091449.7a8db89d@posting.google.com... > Is this a Word XP behavior or a virus...

Highlighy text in Text Box
Using an InputBox, there is the option to *suggest* text (Default). It appears highlighted and can be accepted or replaced by the user. I am attempting to create my own input form which has one Text Box, one command button (cmdAccept ) and a simple label to tell the user to make an entry. What I cannot do is to mimic that suggested default input string. Can someone show me how to do it? The following code is from a test program with two forms. '#### this is on FrmMain Private Sub Option1_Click() ' Other Event selected - 14 character maximum With FrmBGOther ...

highlight text in text widget
Hi, I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword that you are interested in. I am trying to find out if that kind of highlighting be done in widget_text or some other widgets. Can anyone help? Thanks neon writes: > I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search > keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to > emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword &g...

Deselecting text in input text box
I have a text input box and I don't want the text to be selected either when the user tabs to the item or if the user clicks on it. Now the function below which I found from 2002 in the archive works fine for IE 6 but it works in neither Netscape 7 nor Firefox 1.0. I'm hoping some of you might have an alternative suggestion or insight for Netscape and Firefox. Code that works in IE6: function clearSelection () { if (document.selection) document.selection.empty(); else if (window.getSelection) window.getSelection().removeAllRanges(); } <input type="text" name=...

Remove extraneous text in a text box
I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File: C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\FileName.xls 7/25/2011 1:25:10 PM How do I remove everything except the folder path and file name? It's too much for me. C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\ = Foldername FileName.xls = Filename Bjarne "musicloverlch" skrev i meddelelsen news:3b273dd8-e1c7-43e9-84dc-2b9aee46ded6@e40g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File...

Box of text with width of another text
Hi, how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of another? For example, is there a command like \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? Best regars, Paul Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \usepackage{calc} \makebox[\widthof{$T$}]{$T_a$} Ciao Enrico Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> writes: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \llap{$T_a$}\phantom{$T$} -- Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail. Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> writes: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \rlap{$T_a$}\hphantom{$T$} -- Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail. ...

Different text styles in the same text box
I am developing a bibliographic database. I am creating a report with bibliographic references like this: - Joyce, Ulysses, London, Penguin Press, 2002. The last string has been obtained by an expression like this: [author] & [text] & [city] & [publisher] & [date] Now there's a problem. I'd like to get different styles for the different fields (ex: italics for the author, underlined for the book title, etc). Is it possible? Thanks in advance Davide If I'm not mistaken there is a rich-text control that comes with VB that would allow you to do this, but I don't t...

Displaying text in a text box depending on selection made in list box on same form
Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the same form to display the description of that product. right now I can get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. here is the code: Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() txtProductDescription.SetFocus txtProductDescription.Text = LstContactProducts.Column(2,txtProductDescription) End Sub Thanks in advance Colin Colin, why don't you create the combobox, with from a table or query with all the information you need and use cboComboboxname.column(0), cboComboboxname.colum(1) etc etc...to populate the fields you want? HTH Michael "Colin Ward" <cward002@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:2a660c80.0308010710.26b3257@posting.google.com... > Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose > a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the > same form to display the description of that product. right now I can > get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to > what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description > which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. > > here is the code: > > Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() > txtP...

How to get text in text box to wrap?
The variable {job-name} in this code snippet does NOT wrap, resulting in the text running off the page. How would I get job-name to word wrap? pageWidth 36 mul % x = pageWidth * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 36 mul % y = pageHeight * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 2 mul add % y += 1 line 2 copy % Copy X & Y moveto (Title: ) RIGHT moveto ({job-name}) show This postscript file is from the CUPS printing application on a Linux system. Here is the complete file: FILE: /usr/share/cups/banners/standard %!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792 %%Pages: 1 %%LanguageLevel: 1 %%DocumentData: Clean7Bit %%DocumentSuppliedResources: procset bannerprint/1.0 %%DocumentNeededResources: font Helvetica Helvetica-Bold Times-Roman %%Creator: Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products %%CreationDate: May 10, 2000 %%Title: Test Page %%EndComments %%BeginProlog %%BeginResource procset bannerprint 1.1 0 % % PostScript banner page for the Common UNIX Printing System ("CUPS"). % % Copyright 1993-2005 Easy Software Products % % These coded instructions, statements, and computer programs are the % property of Easy Software Products and are protected by Federal % copyright law. Distribution and use rights are outlined in the file % "LICENSE.txt" which should have been included with this file. If this % file is missing or damaged please contact Easy Software Products % at: % % Attn: CUPS Licensing Information % Easy Software Products % 44141 Airport View Drive...

Controlling bold and italic within a text box control
A report requires a line containing author and title. The author is required in bold and the title in bold italic font. Only one space is required between the author and title, which are variable length when clipped. If two text boxes are used then the correct font setting can be assigned to each control but the spacing seems to be fixed. The "Can grow" "Can shrink" attributes only seem to work vertically not horizontally. If one text box is used with the two fields concatenated together, then no method has been found to assign the different font characteristics within a ...

text control box
This is going to be an easy question, but it's been troubling me for a while. I have a boolean switch which activates a true/false program. I want a text box to appear, saying ."please select approopiate input" (or something like that). If the user clicks ok, i.e. selecting the input, the boolean swicth runs the program. If the user clicks cancel, the boolean swicth remains false. I can create the dialog box to appear when the switch is pressed, but when i click ok or cancel, it closes then opens again creating a loop of these boxes. I don't know what to do? Any help wouild b...

How to get selected text from a text edit control?
I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. I can get the current text by calling char buf[256]; Size textSize = 0; GetControlData(controlRef, kControlEditTextPart, kControlEditTextTextTag, 255, buf, &textSize); but how do I get only the text that is currently selected (highlighted)? thanks, Shai In article <1111086224.345185.78280@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, shai@waves.com wrote: > I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. > I can get the current text by calling > > char buf[256]; > Size textSize = 0; ...

Add new text box after entered text
Hello, I have an application that I'm building but I'm getting stuck on a few things. 1. I have a slider to select how many "sections" to have, this will then build a table of text boxes for a title in one column, and in the other column there will be 2 text boxes for an "option name" and "value". (I got this part) 2. When someone finishes entering the title, and one option/value then clicks off of the last box I want to create a new one for that option. If they don't enter a value for both I don't want it to show another group of text boxes. Ques...

R ePassing text from text box to sql
Thanks To Pieter and Iago for your help Regards Boris ...

Save Text from GUI Edit Text Box
Hi there! I'm very new to MatLab, this is probably very easy to do - please, if you can, give me very explicit instructions. I'm creating a GUI in GUIDE that has a editable text box. I want a button that, when clicked, will write that text to a text file (in this case, directory.txt). If there is a way to browse for a directory and input the directory into the text box in the GUI, that would be way awesome, but it's not a priority. Thanks very much everybody! "Kyle " <kylebshr@gmail.com> wrote in message <jucb5d$s0b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... ...

passing text fom text box to sql
Hi I hope someone can help me simplified scenario The situation: microsoft access 2000 TABLE is a list of surnames SQL query is SELECT surname FROM table WHERE surname =("SomeSurname") FORM has a buttons and a text box I want to be able to type "SomeSurname" into Text Box and then click button to run SQL query with SomeSurname and open results in a datasheet sheet View I try as i may I can not do thisI have tried DoCmd OpenQuery DoCmd.RunSQL ect any help appreciated Boris, AIR CODE ALERT I assume tboxSurname and btnSearch exist on some form. The form also has a su...

Using Control-a to select all text in a text widget
I'm having a difficult time binding Control-a so it selects all the text in a widget just like the default Control-/ binding does. I've tried: ..t bind <Control-a> [.t bind <Control-/>] But [.t bind <Control-/>] returns nothing. If I do: ..t bind <Control-/> {puts "Selecting all"} ..t bind <Control-a> [.t bind <Control-/>] When I hit Control-/ I get at the prompt "Selecting all" and all the text is selected. But when I hit Control-a all I get is the "Selecting all" at the prompt and no text is selected. I've also tried: ..t bind <Control-a> {.t tag add sel 1.0 end} And that doesn't work either. In fact, with this code if you do Control-/ and then Control-a it unselects everything. And dumping the tags for the entire region show the tagon/tagoff for sel are gone. Does anyone know the semantics of Control-/? There's got to be more to it. - Ian I've just found this thread: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/5c1df73696e94962/38ec894e32bafcd2?lnk=gst&q=select+all&rnum=8#38ec894e32bafcd2 Which seems to suggest there's nothing fancy about Control-/. - Ian And to answer my own question, the following works: bind .t <Control-a> {%W tag add sel 1.0 end; break;} - Ian On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:54:06 -0000, sniff.scratch@gmail.com wrote: >I'm having a difficult time binding Control-a so it selects all the >text in a w...

How do I 'SELECT All' text in a text box
I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command butten. Thank for help Dave Try this... Private Sub Command1_Click() With Text1 .SelStart = 0 .SelLength = Len(.Text) .SetFocus End With End Sub Rick - MVP "Dave" <last2try@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:fo0b90h0j9imbvntdea3uu2mefth5teufr@4ax.com... > I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command > butten. > > Thank for help > Dave ...

Web resources about - Highlight text and Text Box Control - comp.lang.clarion

Magic Tour Highlights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Magic Tour Highlights is an EP by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band , which consists of four live audio tracks and their accompanying videos, ...

Facebook Weekly Highlights Brings You Justice (As In Victoria), More Will Ferrell
Facebook Weekly Highlights features photos and videos posted to the social network by celebrities and athletes. This week’s edition featured ...

Crystal Palace v Reading score, result, video highlights, goals - Fox Sports Fox sports
Cabaye opened the scoring from the penalty spot in the 85th minute after Jake Cooper was sent off for fouling Yannick Bolasie. Substitute Campbell ...

Crystal Palace v Reading score, result, video highlights, goals
LATE goals by Yohan Cabaye and Fraizer Campbell have given Socceroos skipper Mile Jedinak’s Crystal Palace a 2-0 victory at second-tier club ...

Replay highlights from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's official visit to D.C.
Replay the highlights and read the top headlines from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's official visit to the White House.

South Sudan: UN Report Highlights 'Searing' Account of Killings, Rapes By South Sudanese Forces
A new United Nations report on the human rights situation in South Sudan published today describes a multitude of horrendous violations in "searing ...

MythBusters supercut video highlights 14 years of crazy experiments
... the show into one relatively short clip, Vimeo user Thomas Crenshaw dug through the archives and put together a nicely done 3-minute clip highlighting ...

Trail Blazers vs. Warriors: Score, Video Highlights and Recap from March 11 - Bleacher Report
The Golden State Warriors throttled the Portland Trail Blazers, 128-112, Friday night at Oracle Arena in a stunning offensive showcase...

SWSX highlights bright and dark tech futures
Visions of the future clashed during South By Southwest (SXSW) Interactive in Austin, as some experts saw an uncertain future, some saw an unbounded ...