How to export MEMO field data from Clarion 5.5 / 5.0

Hi,

This is John form India.

Can anyone guide me How to export data from a MEMO field.
We try to migrate data from a .DAT file to a MS SQL Server table.That .DAT
file has got a memo field.

We don't know how to migrate that MEMO field data to SQL Server.

When I had a chance of reding all the queries on MEMO field by IAN I
thought of having the same solution.

Your guidance is most appreciated...

Upgrading from Clarion 5.5 to Clarion 6.0
What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Hi Kevin, I have just copied apps over into another directory and loaded them up into C6 and they compile and run just fine with no changes needed... 3rd party stuff can be somewhat tricky in some cases tho... -- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (BigTamer(tm) Templates) "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... > What issues have you encountered and what were > the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? No plobrems at all. -- Kind regards, James Cooke ----------------------------------------------------------- Publish and maintain your own technical tips on Clarionfoundry! Clarionfoundry can be found at http://www.clarionpublisher.com ----------------------------------------------------------- "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Just read the migration and what's new docs. You will have to pay attention to threading. Things are a bit tighter, so I do expect a few reports of "worked in 5.5". You won't be able to get away with things like you could earlier. But to a load a 5.5 app...

Clarion 5.5
Hi, We have a project that was written using Clarion 5.5 and SocketWrench. The original project was developed outside our company, but we have to be able to do at least simple modifications or bug fixes ourselves in the future. We have no prior experience with Clarion, but we will be able to get help with basics of Clarion development. However, we need to get a copy of Clarion 5.5 and SocketWrench. We would prefer not to work with the latest version of Clarion, because we don't want to have to deal with any incompatibilities or porting issues. But when I contacted Soft Velocity about this, they say they no longer sell version 5.5. Does anyone here know how and where we can legally get a license and installation media for this version of Clarion? Is it something that people can sell second-hand, and if so is there anyone who can sell us a license? mvh., David Brown Norway. On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 21:32:33 +0200, David Brown <david.brown@removethis.hesbynett.no> wrote: >Does anyone here know how and where we can legally get a license and >installation media for this version of Clarion? Is it something that >people can sell second-hand, and if so is there anyone who can sell us a >license? Ask here http://www.softvelocity.com/ There is a forum just for Clarion, but you need a Clarion license to join. /Hans On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 21:32:33 +0200, David Brown wrote: > Hi, > > We have a...

Upgrading 5.0.5 to 5.0.6/5.0.7
Hi, I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some questions: 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? 2. How easy is the upgrade? 3. Should I go to 5.0.7 instead for all the machines? Thanks, Jon Jon Wynacht typed (on Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 09:16:17AM -0700): | Hi, | | I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from | 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some | questions: | | 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? ...

Upgrade OSR 5.0.5 to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7
Hi all, I've two olds servers DELL Poweredge 2300 with Raid PERC, funtionning with OSR 5.0.5. Iwant upgrade the OS to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 but it seems (sco.com) that the poweredge 2300 is bnot supported after OSR 5.0.5 (Hardware comptatibility). has somebody attempt this with success and which drivers (Raid PERC, Adaptec) are used. Thank you in advance fir the help. ----------------------------------------------------- Andre Georgel Email : andre.georgel@noos.fr "La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien � ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien � enl...

Conversion from Clarion 5.5 to 6.0
Has anyone out there been able to evaluate 6.0 yet? If so, have you been able to smoothly upgrade your Clarion 5.5 apps. to this latest release? Kevin, The conversion is "fairly" easy. You will need to read the doc's on migrating. Since the default is now to use pre-emptive threading, there are some issues that you will need to deal with for things like non-threaded global data. The documentation and help system has undergone a huge overhaul and this will help. The EA newsgroups have been very active over the past few months, so there will be lot's of help availalbe. Don't hesitate to make the switch. C6 is so much better than C55 right now. Michael Gould "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a10c840dda244d4989716@news.verizon.net... > Has anyone out there been able to evaluate 6.0 yet? > > If so, have you been able to smoothly upgrade your > Clarion 5.5 apps. to this latest release? The only issue I have had is the usual - 3rd party templates are not all compatible. -- Kind regards, James Cooke ----------------------------------------------------------- Publish and maintain your own technical tips on Clarionfoundry! Clarionfoundry can be found at http://www.clarionpublisher.com ----------------------------------------------------------- "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a10c840dda244d4989716@news.verizon.net... > Has ...

Installing Clarion 5.5
Hi All I am trying to install Clarion 5.5 on a Windows XP machine, but gets the following error message: The Win16 subsystem was unable to enter Protected Mode, Dosx.exe must be in you AUTOEXEC.NT and present in your path. The Dosx.exe is in the Autoexec.nt file, but what path are they referring to. Please help Nazla ...

::: Clarion 5.5 Books :::
I'm looking for the full set of Clarion 5.5 Enterprise Edition books. The PDF's are good, but I'll need the hardbound copies within this week. If you have them, please contact me at: klwillis.dsl@verizon.net I'll need to know the total amount when shipping Fed Ex. 2nd Day in the US to Southern Califorinia. Thankyou, Kevin Willis ICQ:32805500 SoftVelocity usually delivers the books fast with FedEx "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> skrev i melding news:MPG.1a234535d5f299fc989727@news.verizon.net... > I'm looking for the full set of Clarion 5.5 Enterprise Edition books. > > The PDF's are good, but I'll need the hardbound copies within this week. > > If you have them, please contact me at: klwillis.dsl@verizon.net > > I'll need to know the total amount when shipping Fed Ex. 2nd Day in the > US to Southern Califorinia. > > Thankyou, > > Kevin Willis > ICQ:32805500 Kevin, I believe that C55 shipped with just the PDF's and you could purchase the manuals separately. C5 shipped the hard bound manuals. There is a link in the chat group to someone who is selling a complete set of C5 manuals on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3639104785&category=3773&rd=1 HTH's Mike Gould "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a234535d5f299fc989727@news.verizon.net... > I'm looking for the full...

Clarion 5.5 Applications

Share Clarion 5.5
Any one have an old Clarion 5.5 software? I really need it to try my clarion programming in windows. Because I need my browse can use EIP with DropDown menu Dear Erwin, Contact me on ericleungsaikeung@gmail.com if you need this. Eric Erwin wrote: > Any one have an old Clarion 5.5 software? > I really need it to try my clarion programming in windows. > Because I need my browse can use EIP with DropDown menu ...

I am attempting to run clarion 5.5 on my computer running XP and I get a "16 bit MS-DOS subsystem error" It says that the VDD format in the registry is invalid. I have reloaded the VDD file and still get the error. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Oracle, Clarion 5.5 and julian date 0
hi folks ! I wondered how clarion driver can set a value of julian date 0 (in a empty date field in a row of an oracle table ). I tried to set this via sql - but I can't do it because oracle always refuse it ("julian date must be between 1 and ..."). I traced the calls to oracle backend and saw that the values of such columns are pre-set with smthg like: 000-0-0 0:0:0 (clarions oracle accelerator does it). The Date Value (if you use sql plus or smthg like this) is 00.00.00 00:00:00 (or Julian Date 0) after the accelerator inserted records with such a field. It is not the same as SQL Null but simple Julian Date 0. How can I put (with SQL !) the Value of '00.00.00 00:00:00' into a oracle date field ? (as clarion does !). Any ideas ? (maybe from the author of the oracle accelerator ?) Regards, Harald ps. The reason why i need this is: if I extend a table at oracle side I want to preset the new datefields with the same value as clarion does... (because of the ugly half byte error !) ...

Clarion Professional 5.5 & Clarion for DOS 3.102
Hi, I have licensed copies of Clarion Professional Edition 5.5 and Clarion for DOS 3.102 and would like to sell them. But I have no idea what they are worth nor where to sell them. I've thought about eBay but I don't think I'll get much for them there. Any ideas on price and where to sell them? Thanks Mark markstubbins@comcast.net ...

VMS 5.0
I am doing some research for a school paper about old versions of VMS, but I am having a hard time finding any documentation on VMS 5.0 - VMS 5.5. I'm also looking for info on cluster configuration for those versions. Does anyone have any idea of where I can get the docs? Thanks for you help. Ivan On Feb 22, 11:43 pm, Ivan <ifquei...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I am doing some research for a school paper about old versions of > VMS, but I am having a hard time finding any documentation on VMS 5.0 > - VMS 5.5. I'm also looking for info on cluster configuration for > those...

Clarion 5 (not 5.5) Enterprise Edition Legacy and POSTGRESQL! Does anyone have any experience!
Hi! We are about to start a migration from TPS to Postgresql, but we would like to hear some "tales" from people who have already made that migration! The problem they have faced, point where is impossible to use SQL, thing like that! Thanks in advance ...

Nero 5.5.20.0 update(?) to 5.5.10.56
I tried to update my Nero Burning ROM from 5.5.20.0 (which came with my Samsung burner) to the latest 5.5 version that is available on the Nero.com website, version 5.5.10.56. (Is this really an update - going from 5.5.20.0 -> 5.5.10.56?) In doing the install, though, it kept stopping after unzipping a file that ended with /CDI/CDI_IMAG.rtfs with a write error and the suggestion that there might not be enough room on the disk. The installation process looks like it's 95% done when this happens. But there is at least 9GB unused in the 20GB partition, and the swap file si...

Should I fear an upgrade from 5.0 to.. 5.1 or 5.5 on a CentOS box?
I've just been handed a CentOS 5.1 , WHM/Cpanel server to maintain, it's running MySQL 5.0 which powers a few Forum/CMS type sites.. I really need to upgrade MySQL, because until I do, WHM/CPanel upgrades aren't possible.. How scary is this? Likelyhood of scripts like SMF, Wordpress etc breaking? How much time involved? Minutes, hours days? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance On 11/6/2013 2:26 PM, dewed wrote: > I've just been handed a CentOS 5.1 , WHM/Cpanel server to maintain, it's running MySQL 5.0 which powers a few Fo...

bind and evaluate in Clarion 5.5
Hi I'm would like to use evaluate and have written the following test program. I works only partly. The procedure AllCapsFunc are executed via Evaluate but it does not return a value into StringVar. Why? Hope that you can help map AllCapsFunc procedure(string), string end Person group,pre(PERS),bindable FirstName string(20) LastName string(20) end NameStr string(20) StringVar string(20) result string(255) bind('FirstName',PERS:FirstName) bind('StringVar',StringVar) bind('SomeFunc',AllCapsFunc) bind('NameStr',NameStr) NameStr='jesper' Person.FirstName = 'Jesper' Person.LastName = 'Nielsen' StringVar = 'peter' result = evaluate('StringVar=SomeFunc(FirstName)') message('3:'&clip(result)) case clip(result) of '' if ErrorCode() message('Error ' & errorcode() & ' -- ' & Error()) else message('Unknown error') end of '0' message('no bind: ' & clip(StringVar)) of '1' message('result: '& clip(StringVar)) end return AllCapsFunc procedure(str) code message('1:'&clip(str)) str=upper(str) message('2:'&clip(str)) return(str) Regards Jesper Hi Jesper, > I works only partly. The procedure AllCapsFunc are executed via > Evaluate but it does not return a value into StringVar. Why? With ...

I am attempting to run clarion 5.5 on my computer running XP and I get a "16 bit MS-DOS subsystem error" It says that the VDD format in the registry is invalid. I have reloaded the VDD file and still get the error. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Clarion 5.5 Install Directory?
I had to reinstall Windows XP on my laptop, I decided to reformat the hard drive and do a clean reinstall. long story <g> Anyway my question is how does Clarion 5.5 know what directory it is installed in? I have a backup copy of my previous installation and I wanted to be able to switch to that copy to check on all the templates and add-ons I installed originally. I'm not able to switch to that install, even if I start Clarion 5.5 in that directory, it goes to the new directory for templates, etc. I changed the path from: c:\progra~1\C55\bin;c:\progra~1\C55\3rdparty\bin;.....etc. to: c:\C55\bin;c:\C55\3rdparty\bin;.....etc. AND searched the registry for any entries containing C55, \C55, and C55\ and corrected the path REBOOT and Clarion still looks for files in the new install c:\progra~1\C55\ ???????? I've searched in the windows directory for an ini file, can't find one. I'm wondering what I'm missing. Thanks -- Rolando D. Velazquez Active Performance Systems, Inc. Forgot to mention, The new install is in a different directory "c:\progra~1\C55" the old install was at "c:\c55" Thanks "Rolando D. Velazquez" <rolydiaz@NoServerActivePerformance.com> wrote in message news:3f749fc0@news.softvelocity.com... > I had to reinstall Windows XP on my laptop, > I decided to reformat the hard drive and do > a clean reinstall. long story <g> > Anyway my question is how > does Clarion 5.5 know what di...

Packageing a Clarion 5.5 programme
I'm wondering If anyone can give let me have or direct me to an information source on how to package a C55 programme for use in Windows. I'd like users to be able to load the program to the desktop in the normal way, having obained a CD or the install programme. Thanks and regards, Alan Wright. It is not very clear what you are looking for. The normal way to "package" an application is via an install program. If the user has that, they shouldn't need much further. Are you seeking help with selecting or building an install program? Tim "Alan Wright" <aircool@arach.net.au> wrote in message news:1d558f0b.0311070126.3b25cde2@posting.google.com... > I'm wondering If anyone can give let me have or direct me to an > information source on how to package a C55 programme for use in > Windows. I'd like users to be able to load the program to the desktop > in the normal way, having obained a CD or the install programme. > > Thanks and regards, > Alan Wright. Check out the freeware installationmaker innosetup at www.innosetup.com, it's a great product and I've used it for about 3 years now without any problems. Regards, Niels. "Alan Wright" <aircool@arach.net.au> skrev i en meddelelse news:1d558f0b.0311070126.3b25cde2@posting.google.com... > I'm wondering If anyone can give let me have or direct me to an > information source on how to package a C55 programme for use in ...

Rudimentary problems with Clarion 5.5
I have had Clarion 5.5 for quite awhile but have never actually used it. Prior to jumping for the high dollar fee for 6.1, I thought that I would try 5.5 to see if it worked. I started with a simple dictionary, containing 1 file (TSP), 10 fields (columns) and 3 keys.Using the application wizard, I cannot get it to to even populate all of the fields in the browse procedure. One of the fields is a date field and the wizard quits once it hits it. I also have had no success in trying to modify the generated source code. I was trying to get all 10 fields on the same tab as the "wizard" insists on splitting them accross two tabs. I have used other versions of Clarion before so I'm not a novice, but 5.5 seems to be really trashy as it locks up, hangs, and otherwise bombs constantly. Has anyone out there actually been able to generate anything using 5.5? Can you give me some clues as to how to approach this. I've been messing with the "wizards" for over a week and have zip to show for it. Even using their example applications is a fruitless chore. Scott wrote: > > I started with a simple dictionary, containing 1 file (TSP), 10 fields > (columns) and 3 keys.Using the application wizard, I cannot get it to > to even populate all of the fields in the browse procedure. One of the > fields is a date field and the wizard quits once it hits it. > > I also have had no success in trying to modify the generated source > code. I was tr...

problem with In & Out Clarion 5.5
dont't read parallel port with In instruction, can help me?? "ivan2004" <soporte@ivysoft.com.ar> wrote in message news:142f4f8907a73ef6b3bb17470282de10@localhost.talkaboutprogramming.com... > dont't read parallel port with In instruction, can help me?? > DriverLINX Port I/O Driver for Win95 and WinNT (C) Copyright 1996, Scientific Software Tools, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Scientific Software Tools, Inc. is pleased to provide you with this utility for performing hardware port I/O under Windows 95 and Windows NT. This product allows your 32-bit C/C++ or Visual Basic apps (or any language that can call a DLL) direct access to the I/O ports over the range 0100H to FFFFH. This product contains the following components: DLPortIO.DLL -- Win32 DLL hardware I/O functions DLPortIO.H -- C/C++ interface to DLPortIO.DLL DLPortIO.BAS -- Visual Basic interface to DLPortIO.DLL DLPortIO.SYS -- Kernel mode driver for WinNT (not required for Win95) MSVC example VB example If you're unsure how to interface your app to DLPortIO.DLL, please look at the source code files for simple examples. You are free to copy and distribute this product as long as this package is distributed in its entirety and SST's copyright and trademark notices are not removed. Please see the license file for more information. This product is provided without charge so we can't provide any technical support for it. However, if you find any problems, plea...

Clarion 5.5 and Printer Codes
Hello, Has anyone tried to print printer control codes from a Clarion Report. I just cannot get it to work. I have the need to print to an Okidata ML320. Thanks, Ron "RonC" <roncook@iname.com> wrote in message news:A921.1067462715.1598@discuss.softvelocity.com... > Has anyone tried to print printer control codes from a Clarion Report. I > just cannot get it to work. > > I have the need to print to an Okidata ML320. > Have you tried using the Generic/Text printer driver instead of the Oki driver? -- Brad Kunkel Integrated Business, Inc. I have seen where you put the codes into the Generic / Text Only driver, but how do you use then in your report? Is it just setting the FONT attribute and it uses those codes? Or do I have to do something different? For example: If I put in a code for 17CPI, what would I do to make it use that? Thanks -- Jason jasonfive@att.net "Jason Johnson" <jason@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:0pdob.17831$YO5.8833921@news3.news.adelphia.net... > I have seen where you put the codes into the Generic / Text Only driver, but > how do you use then in your report? Is it just setting the FONT attribute > and it uses those codes? Or do I have to do something different? > > For example: If I put in a code for 17CPI, what would I do to make it use > that? Jason, I made the probably incorrect assumption that since the Generic driver prints text you could embed control...

Free Dev Sys License (5.0.4 or 5.0.5)
Anybody need a Free(*) Openserver devsys license? It's from around the time of 5.0.4 or 5.0.5. But it should work up through 5.0.6, (by serializing ld and cc manually - those are the only two items that the license unlocks). Number: 2GA026600 Code: nxljpcpn Data: g0;k;mddh5m7 The license is not in use and is legit. Or as legit as can be after posting the activation info to Usenet. First one to email me gets the COLA VIA snail mail. And my condolences. -sw On Jan 24, 12:58=A0pm, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote: > Anybody need a Free(*) Openserver d...

Web resources about - How to export MEMO field data from Clarion 5.5 / 5.0 - comp.lang.clarion

Clarion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Clarion, Illinois , U.S. Clarion, Iowa , U.S. Clarion, Pennsylvania , U.S. Clarion, Utah , U.S., a ghost town settled as a Jewish farming colony ...

The Clarion-Ledger - Jackson, MS news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving ...
Jackson, MS Mississippi News - clarionledger.com is the home page of Jackson, MS Mississippi with in depth and updated Jackson, MS local news. ...

Captain Clarion (@citizensrock) on Twitter

The Clarion-Ledger Print Edition on the App Store on iTunes
Get The Clarion-Ledger Print Edition on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Banksy in SF on Clarion Alley - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... photos on Flickr. atlasrising has uploaded 128 photos to Flickr. hey there - great capture, i LOVE this piece. but... it was not on clarion ...

RMI President Address to the World: "A clarion call from the climate change frontline" - YouTube
As world leaders prepare to gather in New York for the UN Secretary-General’s Climate Summit, the President of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, ...

State of Origin: Blues' clarion call pivotal in getting Trent Hodkinson over the line
A simple "Blues" call was all it took for Trent Hodkinson to end Queensland's State of Origin dominance. The laconic halfback, who has gained ...

Clarion call for teenagers is to violence not religion, says terrorism expert
Violence is being sold to the young as an empowering and self-satisfying blow against the West.

Review: Incipio’s new Clarion, Faraday & Tuxen folio cases offer three small twists on iPad Air 2 protection ...
... to plastic iPad holders, varying more in the particulars than the broad strokes. We’re taking a quick look today at three cases: Clarion ($35), ...

Hands-on with the Clarion AX1 car stereo with SwiftKey
The Clarion AX1, a new car stereo running Android, has the SwiftKey keyboard built in. We take it for a spin at CES.